Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! (13345 Views)

Uyi Iredia, Please Clarify Your Comments On Saudi Arabia!! / TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria / Atheism Is Not A Religion! (the Hardcore Debate Version) Challenge To Uyi Iredia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
An inspiring speech from a christian!

Uyi Iredia: [size=18pt]I no longer believe the Christian God is one filled with love. For I can no longer ignore the brutality of killing a supposed sinless child in order to forgive a people. As an atheist rightly asked; why not just forgive ? Neither do I agree with the wiping out of villages and cities as documented in the OT or the extremely harsh curse in the garden for a crime. A God of love doesn't indiscriminately kill or punish those who had nothing to do with the crime as done in thwe garden or as stated when God said he punishes down to the 3rd and 4th generation of sinners. Put simply, I no longer believe (as I once did) that the Christian God is loving. [/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1222345/message-all-atheists-house/2#14720075

*Dancing Azonto*
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by UyiIredia(m): 1:43pm On Mar 12, 2013
Scratch that. A lapsed Christian. But I think you went over the top making a new thread for my statement.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Alfamann: 1:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Scratch that. A lapsed Christian. But I think you went over the top making a new thread for my statement.

Too late to go back.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Areaboy2(m): 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
The beauty of it is that no one is forcing any belief system on you. We only encourage you to HONESTLY scrutinize the biblical claims of a loving god, when even us as human beings can exhibit more love than that.

This is the first step, You'll find more problems with the Abrahamic god than just his supposedly "loving" nature.

Keep thinking wink

1 Like

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by UyiIredia(m): 2:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
Alfamann:

Too late to go back.

I'm not going back on that statement. I meant what I wrote there.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by UyiIredia(m): 2:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
Area_boy: The beauty of it is that no one is forcing any belief system on you. We only encourage you to HONESTLY scrutinize the biblical claims of a loving god, when even us as human beings can exhibit more love than that.

This is the first step, You'll find more problems with the Abrahamic god than just his supposedly "loving" nature.

Keep thinking wink

Indeed I'm thinking. Always have been. And I do see more problems with the Christian God but I want to make sure to hear both sides before coming to a conclusion.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by ooman(m): 2:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
YOU'VE DONE GREAT.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Alfamann: 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
You can't stay long on nl religious section without being affected. The muslims almost went mad and decided that isolation is better than facing atheists.

The christians here are shaking in their faith but most are in denial because of family and social pressures.

Well done Uyi Iredia for reactivating your brain. Who showed you the light?

3 Likes

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by UyiIredia(m): 2:45pm On Mar 12, 2013
Alfamann: You can't stay long on nl religious section without being affected. The muslims almost went mad and decided that isolation is better than facing atheists.

The christians here are shaking in their faith but most are in denial because of family and social pressures.

Well done Uyi Iredia for reactivating your brain. Who showed you the light?

Hold on a minute ! I have not said I'm an atheist. I'm in a questioning state while nominally remaining a Christian. That said I think the book 'Common Sense' by Jean Meslier did the trick. His short simple points made me reconsider my beliefs.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by amdatam: 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Hold on a minute ! I have not said I'm an atheist. I'm in a questioning state while nominally remaining a Christian.

That said I think the book 'Common Sense' by Jean Meslier did the trick.

His short simple points made me reconsider my beliefs.

Jean Meslier (15 June 1664 – 17 June 1729) was a French Catholic priest who was discovered, upon his death, to have written a book-length philosophical essay promoting atheism. Described by the author as his "testament" to his parishioners, the text denounces all religion

Jean Meslier was born in Mazerny in the Ardennes. He began learning Latin from a neighborhood priest in 1678 and eventually joined the seminary; he later claimed, in the Author's Preface to his Testament, this was done to please his parents. At the end of his studies, he took Holy Orders and, on 7 January 1689, became priest at Étrépigny, in Champagne.

One public disagreement with a local nobleman aside, Meslier was to all appearances generally unremarkable, and he performed his office without complaint or problem for 40 years. He lived like a pauper, and every penny left over was donated to the poor.

When Meslier died, there were found in his house three copies of a 633-page octavo manuscript in which the village curate denounces organized religion as "but a castle in the air" and theology as "but ignorance of natural causes reduced to a system"

Title: Superstition In All Ages (1732) Common Sense

By Jean Meslier

A ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIEST,
WHO, AFTER A PASTORAL SERVICE OF THIRTY YEARS AT ETREPIGNY IN CHAMPAGNE,FRANCE,
WHOLLY ABJURED RELIGIOUS DOGMAS,
AND LEFT AS HIS LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT TO HIS PARISHIONERS,
AND TO THE WORLD, TO BE PUBLISHED AFTER HIS DEATH,
THE FOLLOWING PAGES, ENTITLED: COMMON SENSE.

Translated from the French original by Miss Anna Knoop

http://www.antitheists.co.uk/resources/Jean%20Meslier%20-%20Superstition%20in%20All%20Ages.pdf
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Indeed I'm thinking. Always have been. And I do see more problems with the Christian God but I want to make sure to hear both sides before coming to a conclusion.

grin grin grin

Good....good.

I am so happy for you! Just keep on reading and finding out the truth for yourself.

Now, a christian will pile bible quotes and christian books for you to read if the case were the other way around, but for me, the truth is there for everyone to find

keep on searchin, my good man.

However, admit that you were shaken from that time last year when i called you a psychopath for your christian morality seeing nothing wrong with the horrors of the old testamnet
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
Lol
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ihedinobi: Lol

Aren't you even gonna try to talk some sense into your christian bro?
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by amdatam: 5:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin

Good....good.

I am so happy for you! Just keep on reading and finding out the truth for yourself

Now, a christian will pile bible quotes and christian books for you to read if the case were the other way around,
but for me, the truth is there for everyone to find

keep on searchin, my good man.

However, admit that you were shaken from that time last year when i called you a psychopath for your christian morality seeing nothing wrong with the horrors of the old testamnet

Logicboy03:

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by TableLeg(m): 5:20pm On Mar 12, 2013
amdatam:

cheesy
Where did you get this from?!
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
amdatam:

Why u laff na?
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

You see, "he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep...and the sheep hear his voice...and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers...I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine...My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. John 10:2-4, 14, 27

Bottom line: my brothers may be mistaken and confused about myriad things, but they have absolutely no questions as to Who they have believed. They know Him beyond every doubt, legitimate and otherwise.

Besides, since https://www.nairaland.com/1028529/defence-logicboy/1 I've held my breath for Uyi Iredia. Perhaps he's coming to his own crisis, where he will know the Lord or reject Him, perhaps he he has just passed it. One thing I do know: there is none who has come into the Lord who ever leaves. We are born, not convinced into the House of the Lord.

Edited.

2 Likes

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ihedinobi:

You see, "he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep...and the sheep hear his voice...and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers...I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine...My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

Bottom line: my brothers may be mistaken and confused about myriad things, but they have absolutely no questions as to Who they have believed. They know Him beyond every doubt, legitimate and otherwise.

Mtchew......commot for road let me focus on the main man Uyi
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Mtchew......commot for road let me focus on the main man Uyi

Lol
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by amdatam: 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol

@Ihedinobi

Uyi is a bruised reed,

he will not break from the swaying but be strengthened into a petros
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
Funny how some have taken it upon themselves to redefine Christianity and identify who a Christian is.

@Uyi: a bit shocked at how honest your post was on that thread. It seems you've given this a lot of thought. At the end, only you can convince yourself.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
musKeeto: Funny how some have taken it upon themselves to redefine Christianity and identify who a Christian is.

@Uyi: a bit shocked at how honest your post was on that thread. It seems you've given this a lot of thought. At the end, only you can convince yourself.

But of course, it is you who know the meaning of Christianity and what a Christian is. Feel free to enlighten us anytime, my friend.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
amdatam:

@Ihedinobi

Uyi is a bruised reed,

he will not break from the swaying but be strengthened into a petros

Perhaps, friend, perhaps. Time will tell.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by thehomer: 8:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Scratch that. A lapsed Christian. But I think you went over the top making a new thread for my statement.

Hmm. It begins.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by alexleo(m): 10:01pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ihedinobi:

But of course, it is you who know the meaning of Christianity and what a Christian is. Feel free to enlighten us anytime, my friend.

Bros what you should do is to keep praying for uyi and not to come here and be having silly time with (nonsense)logicboy. This is a phase in Uyi's life and if you love him pray for him. Annony passed through it but when he had a one on one communion with God he came to full understanding of God, same goes for some others too so dont bother yourself here. Pray for him with love in your heart. When the Holy Spirit convinces him, his testimony will also build up some christians too who are trying to give up. When things like this happen its also possible that God is bringing him to a point where he will experience him more and testify to the world. Only pray that the devil doesnt distract or deceive him along the line.

1 Like

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by InesQor(m): 10:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
@Uyi Iredia

Have you ever read up on Christian Existentialism? You may find it interesting.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
alexleo:

Bros what you should do is to keep praying for uyi and not to come here and be having silly time with (nonsense)logicboy. This is a phase in Uyi's life and if you love him pray for him. Annony passed through it but when he had a one on one communion with God he came to full understanding of God, same goes for some others too so dont bother yourself here. Pray for him with love in your heart. When the Holy Spirit convinces him, his testimony will also build up some christians too who are trying to give up. When things like this happen its also possible that God is bringing him to a point where he will experience him more and testify to the world. Only pray that the devil doesnt distract or deceive him along the line.

I assure you I understand. The penultimate sentence in your post is pretty much what I have said concerning the matter. I am not trying to hurt Uyi on anyway. I've left the message necessary for him on my post. The Lord is yet at work. I, however, am nothing if not a soldier in my Big Brother's army and I cannot call things except the way they are. I hope you understand.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by cyrexx: 12:16am On Mar 13, 2013
This is interesting.

As the Great Awakening begins, I greatly commend you, Uyi Iredia

Every enlightened minds go through this phase you are going through.

It takes the boldest of mind to examine and challenge the indoctrination you've been force-fed from childhood.

I salute all the brave minds who have taken this bold and logical step on this golden road less travelled.

2 Likes

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 13, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I make no such claim, bro. Of course, feel free to anonyze my posts as is your wont. Nl charges no fine for senseless posts.

1 Like

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 13, 2013
Amazing... the atheists are in ecstasy. shocked grin

The more you see posts like this the more you begin to regard evangelistic atheism for what it is... naked proselytizing for adherents. Indeed there is joy in the house of the atheists for every "christian" who reverts.

2 Likes

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 13, 2013
Eya, there must be great sorrow and gnashing of teeth in heaven by now.grin

1 Like

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 13, 2013
inurmind: Eya, there must be great sorrow and gnashing of teeth in heaven by now.grin

Of course there is sorrow over a soul that deliberately chooses the path to everlasting doom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith / If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.