Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Which One Comes First, God Or Your Family? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which One Comes First, God Or Your Family? (559 Views)

7 Reasons Why Your Family Should Pray Unclad / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Comes First, God Or Your Family? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2013
The Bible says we should love God above all, so i want to know who comes first in a christian's life, God or Family?

The reason i asked this question is this verse:

Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say good-by to my family." Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God." [Luke 9:57-62]

Was it wrong for the man to inform his family about his whereabout first before following Jesus?

Also, was the man putting his family first before God and is it bad?
Re: Which One Comes First, God Or Your Family? by SELENAqueensy(f): 9:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
My church's(The Apostolic Church) banner has it boldly written "GOD FIRST".

I really love and care abt my family, but in everything I do, God alway comes 1st

1 Like

Re: Which One Comes First, God Or Your Family? by amaralizzy40y: 10:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
God first. Matthew 6v33; but seek ye first the kingdom of God n his righteousnes n ALL THESE THINGS shal be added unto u.

1 Like

Re: Which One Comes First, God Or Your Family? by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 22, 2013
SELENAqueensy: My church's(The Apostolic Church) banner has it boldly written "GOD FIRST".

I really love and care abt my family, but in everything I do, God alway comes 1st

Ok then, Thank you
Re: Which One Comes First, God Or Your Family? by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 22, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
God first. Matthew 6v33; but seek ye first the kingdom of God n his righteousnes n ALL THESE THINGS shal be added unto u.

ok then...thank u very much

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Ppl Open Wide Their Arm When Sharing Grace In Church / Con Artist On The Pulpit / The Most Hilarious Post In The History Of This Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.