Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues (1604 Views)

My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him / Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! / How Do I Deal With An Annoying Father-in-law ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
How do I put this, well I've been struggling for a long time with controlling my anger and I'm tired of it,I'm naturally cheerful and friendly but I have this tendency to get angry at the slightest annoyance and it results in me throwing tantrums and stuff like that, there have been several occasions in which I've done stuff in anger I'm not exactly proud of, everything from pouring a smoldering cup of tea on a friend in anger at a jest to nearly hitting my roommate in school out of anger and talking back rudely to my parents...today I had a very stressful day and I snapped at my younger brother (who looks up to me a lot) over something I can't even remember and really said some hurtful things to him that left him in tears, I felt really bad and angry at myself for all those nasty things I said to him...........I would be turning 18 in a couple of days and I don't want to carry on this anger management issues into adulthood, Its almost like I lose control of myself in these fits of anger and I always feel terrible about the things I've done or said....I'm just tired of it all
Re: How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by littlejoe8(m): 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
emk4lif: How do I put this, well I've been struggling for a long time with controlling my anger and I'm tired of it,I'm naturally cheerful and friendly but I have this tendency to get angry at the slightest annoyance and it results in me throwing tantrums and stuff like that, there have been several occasions in which I've done stuff in anger I'm not exactly proud of, everything from pouring a smoldering cup of tea on a friend in anger at a jest to nearly hitting my roommate in school out of anger and talking back rudely to my parents...today I had a very stressful day and I snapped at my younger brother (who looks up to me a lot) over something I can't even remember and really said some hurtful things to him that left him in tears, I felt really bad and angry at myself for all those nasty things I said to him...........I would be turning 18 in a couple of days and I don't want to carry on this anger management issues into adulthood, Its almost like I lose control of myself in these fits of anger and I always feel terrible about the things I've done or said....I'm just tired of it all

Bro all u av 2 do is make a decision nt 2 get angry any longer, against all odds. It is decision problem that u av nt d anger as u tink. Control it as a man. I was once like u bt 2day nothing gets me angry any more. Be silent & walk away frm such scenes, it will help u a long way.

Also pray 4 d spirit of patience & self control frm GOD.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by bellong: 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
Go through this link and read more information about anger and its management. It will help you

http://www.apa.org/topics/anger/control.aspx#
Re: How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
The good thing is that you see that you have a problem. This is the first step to improvement.
However, don't put too much pressure upon yourself, that would further trigger the aggression. You have to know that plenty of people have the same problem. I know that this is of no help to you but the good news is that people have also already tried to find solutions. So you are not alone. I am not an expert so I couldn't help you but I googled and this website seems to have some intersting info. Maybe you can take it from there.

http://www.apa.org/topics/anger/control.aspx

I wish you the best of luck, you seem to be very nice.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by alotofgrace(m): 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
Bro u gat understand that anger is part of humans as a fuel. i guess u r talking bout d wrong use. no one is above it.
consider this wen u r angry.
1. try and walk away..though ur walking away isnt weekness.
2. what if something else happens?
3. though its expensive....silence remains the best antidote/panacea
4. re-run programmes one through 4
5. end

Re: How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by ATMC(f): 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
emk4lif: How do I put this, well I've been struggling for a long time with controlling my anger and I'm tired of it,I'm naturally cheerful and friendly but I have this tendency to get angry at the slightest annoyance and it results in me throwing tantrums and stuff like that, there have been several occasions in which I've done stuff in anger I'm not exactly proud of, everything from pouring a smoldering cup of tea on a friend in anger at a jest to nearly hitting my roommate in school out of anger and talking back rudely to my parents...today I had a very stressful day and I snapped at my younger brother (who looks up to me a lot) over something I can't even remember and really said some hurtful things to him that left him in tears, I felt really bad and angry at myself for all those nasty things I said to him...........I would be turning 18 in a couple of days and I don't want to carry on this anger management issues into adulthood, Its almost like I lose control of myself in these fits of anger and I always feel terrible about the things I've done or said....I'm just tired of it all
there are several things dt can make one testy...one of it is lack of love. if yhu have someone dt loves yhu apart from ur family members yhu will discover dt d anger will reduce. apart from this, low sugar can also make yhu angry.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
U sounded so mature i tot ur in ur 30's.
See, u are almost there, just follow d instructions oda gave and goodluck.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by Kanwulia: 8:09am On Oct 25, 2013
First, you need to find out why you are always aggressive.
It might be a hormonal problem or a PSYCH problem.
Domestic violence? Check!
Single Parent Family home? Check!

Search your self! Then seek the right kind of help! SELF-THERAPY!!! kiss
Re: How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 25, 2013
I remember when I came to this website years ago finding solution to the same problem. As I grew older in life, I got to realize that it costs more than adding to your life. I could snap at any slight issue, and when I do you wouldn't like the outcome. I told God that I needed to change and I remembered a friend and a course mate telling me that I am allowing people to control my life by getting angry at them. That I should not allow anyone to control my life. So I learnt to keep calm and ignore and I will rather walk away than talk back at you. My relationship also helped me because I didn't want to be begging all the time. So I chose my words and rather keep quiet than answer no matter the push. I applied this to my friends, colleagues and family members. A lot actually said I have changed and they can't believe I could be this cool and I answered them that it could only be God.

Lessons to learn, don't let anyone control your life by making you angry. It pays to walk away even in the face that you might be pushed and insulted. Remember the insults or whatsoever is causing the anger isn't written on your forehead and if you choose to take it to heart I bet you are doing yourself more harm than good.

Also read books on anger, this particular writer also helped me a lot ''Spirit controlled temperament'' Take a look at it and it will help you.

As a teenager, I can understand that is why you are feeling that way but I bet you this is the best time for you to work on it. It pays to control your anger. Words said in anger can not be taken back no matter the length and number of I am so sorry. Go and apologize to your younger brother.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by veave(f): 9:03am On Oct 25, 2013
thanks guys. am learning too. i started by being silent... and its helpin alot...
Re: How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 25, 2013
Those born in lahos and ghetto wont care abt all these. Na faya for faya
Re: How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by tpia5: 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
Re: How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by tellwisdom: 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
Op, did they curse u from ur village??
Re: How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues by RoyalRoy(m): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
Thread closed

On Op's request.

(1)

See The List Of People With The Most Children / Things To Know About Wall Clocks - What Makes Them Expensive - Clocks For Decor / University Girl Extorting A Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.