Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (354615 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by nissparts(m): 11:00am On May 19, 2015
If you have both codes then most likely the catalytic converter is not there or has disintegrated in which case your sensor is fine.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 11:10am On May 19, 2015
nissparts:
If you have both codes then most likely the catalytic converter is not there or has disintegrated in which case your sensor is fine.

I have three recurrent codes and they come up in this order after i clear them with my device;

First P2241 comes up
and then after driving for another 100 miles or more, P0430 comes up
and then the last after almost 400 miles is P0442 which has to do with Evap system detecting very small leak.

I am just wondering they are related too.

The thing is, i am getting ready to face this demon and conquer it. But i don't want some trial and error.
It concluded based on discussions here, that P2241 causes P0430. but with what you now said, i no sure again.

So what's the best repair approach cause i believe one system is causing all these 3 issues.
Re: Club-Lexus by nissparts(m): 11:32am On May 19, 2015
Emperoh:

I have three recurrent codes and they come up in this order after i clear them with my device;

First P2241 comes up
and then after driving for another 100 miles or more, P0430 comes up
and then the last after almost 400 miles is P0442 which has to do with Evap system detecting very small leak.

I am just wondering they are related too.

The thing is, i am getting ready to face this demon and conquer it. But i don't want some trial and error.
It concluded based on discussions here, that P2241 causes P0430. but with what you now said, i no sure again.

So what's the best repair approach cause i believe one system is causing all these 3 issues.

The evap code is not connected.
Have a panel or mech check the state of the cat converter in front. If absent or bad, replace. Leave the sensor for now till that check is done.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 11:55am On May 19, 2015
nissparts:

The evap code is not connected.
Have a panel or mech check the state of the cat converter in front. If absent or bad, replace. Leave the sensor for now till that check is done.

I did this last year. Was brought down and looked at. Even soaked in soapy water grin cheesy shocked

The net and all looked intact. The question then is, how do you know a bad Cat converter since it is existing?
Re: Club-Lexus by nissparts(m): 12:25pm On May 19, 2015
If you've verified it is intact, clean and you have no leaks, you can go ahead with the sensor replacement
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 1:13pm On May 19, 2015
nissparts:
If you've verified it is intact, clean and you have no leaks, you can go ahead with the sensor replacement

I did this at Car Doctor's place in Abuja last August.
Brought it down and we looked at it. Everything looked intact and clean.
We soaked it in soapy water for some hours and installed it back.

But not long after, the lights came back. I guess i will do the sensor ish.

One more thing, any way to determine a good tokumbo A/F sensor?
Re: Club-Lexus by nissparts(m): 1:23pm On May 19, 2015
Emperoh:

You'll need a scan tool that can monitor the o2 readings and ensure they match with the specifications which you can find in your service manual
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 2:24pm On May 19, 2015
nissparts:

You'll need a scan tool that can monitor the o2 readings and ensure they match with the specifications which you can find in your service manual

My scanner does that......please see this link: https://www.nairaland.com/2082280/what-cheapest-way-deal-p0420/1#29826577
Re: Club-Lexus by ExpressBooking(m): 5:26pm On May 19, 2015
Please my people I need advice on a choice of car. I am looking at buying any of the following cars soon
2002-2006 Lexus ES300
2002-2006 Lexus ES330
2005-2007 Toyota Avalon
2007-2009 Toyota Camry.

I am strongly contemplating between the Lexus ES300 and ES330. Apart from the Engine and gearbox what are the differences between both vehicles?
Also what is the reliability of both vehicles
Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:28pm On May 19, 2015
Emperoh:

Since you are unsure, buy and instal an 02 sensor spacer, that should eleminate the cat code and 02 code, if 02 code comes back then for sure 02 sensor is bad.
Re: Club-Lexus by tivta(m): 9:51pm On May 19, 2015
Gurus in the house, I have a question, why is lexus rx 330 and rx 300 very popular in lagos despite its numerous problems listed by carcomplaints.com ? Is it that cheap to buy and maintain?
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 10:11pm On May 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Since you are unsure, buy and instal an 02 sensor spacer, that should eleminate the cat code and 02 code, if 02 code comes back then for sure 02 sensor is bad.

Spacer on B2 S1?
Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 10:26pm On May 19, 2015
lomomike:

Location?

I really don't know who to recommend without a location given.

If in Lagos, visit Gazzuzz, in Abuja, visit cardoctor or automedics. However, check your rear bushings, exhaust, if your Lexus is an AWD vehicle check AWD differentials and prop shafts etc

Thanks Lomomike / Gazzuzz.
I have bn away.
Gazzuzz, I will call u tomorow, am in lagos, please where is ur office located.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 19, 2015
tivta:
Gurus in the house, I have a question, why is lexus rx 330 and rx 300 very popular in lagos despite its numerous problems listed by carcomplaints.com ? Is it that cheap to buy and maintain?

RX300 and RX330 numerous problems?

List them here lest see then we'll talk.
Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:47am On May 20, 2015
Emperoh:

Spacer on B2 S1?

After the cat, bank2 sensor 2
Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:14am On May 20, 2015
jimmrozz:
Hello all, Please can any one refer me to a good Lexus car mechanic who can diagnose and repair my Lexus RX350.
Am hearing a big noise from the back as if heavy metal hit another metal.

Also, tire pressure indicator is always on.

No 3 awe street off alhaji haruna rd, haruna busstop colledge rd ifako. 08023251039
Re: Club-Lexus by tivta(m): 8:33am On May 20, 2015
lomomike:

RX300 and RX330 numerous problems?
List them here lest see then we'll talk.
. www.carcomplaints.com/Lexus/RX_330/2005/
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 9:49am On May 20, 2015
tivta:
www.carcomplaints.com/Lexus/RX_330/2005/

Bros, na noisy wiper, rubber trim on door edge which keeps water away that fell off and seemingly minor ish you term as problem?

What would you say about

www.carcomplaints.com/Land_Rover/Freelander/2003/

www.carcomplaints.com/Mercedes-Benz/E320/2003/

www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Odyssey/2003/

www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2003/

I can still go on and on and on...

Abeg if you no go buy, leave am we don't dwell on negation at lexus, we are in pursuit of perfection.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 11:25am On May 20, 2015
lomomike:

Bros, na noisy wiper, rubber trim on door edge which keeps water away that fell off and seemingly minor ish you term as problem?

What would you say about

Abeg if you no go buy, leave am we don't dwell on negation at lexus, we are in pursuit of perfection.
Chai grin
I want to memorise this like a nursery rhyme cheesy
Re: Club-Lexus by tivta(m): 11:29am On May 20, 2015
lomomike:

What would you say about

. No be fight na, was just wondering why it is sooooo popular in lagos, I just remembered that lexus is the luxury line of toyota, still amazed at its popularity. So what are the price range?
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 11:37am On May 20, 2015
colossus2:
Chai grin I want to memorise this like a nursery rhyme cheesy
cheesy
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 11:44am On May 20, 2015
tivta:
. No be fight na, was just wondering why it is sooooo popular in lagos, I just remembered that lexus is the luxury line of toyota, still amazed at its popularity. So what are the price range?

You weren't wondering why its sooooo popular in Lagos, rather, you were wondering why you were thinking "why is lexus rx 330 and rx 300 very popular in lagos despite its numerous problems listed by carcomplaints.com".

And don't deny it because I quoted it from you.

Finally, we no dey fight.
Re: Club-Lexus by tivta(m): 1:54pm On May 20, 2015
lomomike:

You weren't wondering why its sooooo popular in Lagos, rather, you were wondering why you were thinking "why is lexus rx 330 and rx 300 very popular in lagos despite its numerous problems listed by carcomplaints.com".

And don't deny it because I quoted it from you.

Finally, we no dey fight.
. Mr lawyer I have heard you oh, lol, now can you please finally answer my question as to why its so popular, plus hope the spear parts are cheap as well? I just want to gain some knowledge. Thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by ExpressBooking(m): 5:52pm On May 20, 2015
That's no good way to gain knowledge, but we will oblige you.

First Lexus RX300 and Lexus RX330 stands out on a class of it's own. It is beautifully made and exotic yet affordable.
Imagine a 2001-2003 Lexus RX300 beats every other cross over SUV from other vehicles makers of same year model or even later, hands down. So it is with the RX330 and RX350. Let me be specific now, can you compare 2004-2006 Lexus RX330 with a 2008 Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot interior,exterior, serviceability, reliability and performance wise. that's what we are talking about.
Lexus isn't just a statement alone, to us it is a way of life. Club Lexus all the way.

#IrepTeamLexus

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 20, 2015
ExpressBooking:
That's no good way to gain knowledge, but we will oblige you.

First Lexus RX300 and Lexus RX330 stands out on a class of it's own. It is beautifully made and exotic yet affordable.
Imagine a 2001-2003 Lexus RX300 beats every other cross over SUV from other vehicles makers of same year model or even later, hands down. So it is with the RX330 and RX350. Let me be specific now, can you compare 2004-2006 Lexus RX330 with a 2008 Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot interior,exterior, serviceability, reliability and performance wise. that's what we are talking about.
Lexus isn't just a statement alone, to us it is a way of life. Club Lexus all the way.

#IrepTeamLexus

Bros thank you for telling him about lexus. But you even get time. With all the whole praise, worship, psalms and proverbs and genesis to revelation of Lexus RX300/330/350/400h I've been shouting in this thread from beginning till date, he didn't bother to even go thru the thread, yet he started making inquiry on 'possible problem'.

When lomomike fire am igbo business man style of dismissing bad market, him call lomomike 'lawyer' grin

Choi! I wan tell am, I no be lawyer, na HSE/ Urban and Regional Planner I be o! cool
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 20, 2015
tivta:
. Mr lawyer I have heard you oh, lol, now can you please finally answer my question as to why its so popular, plus hope the spear parts are cheap as well? I just want to gain some knowledge. Thanks.

Town planner I don see you o! Ehen, make I answer your inquiry. The popularity of toyota/lexus is gotten from the African Adage, "na who no like beta thing?" smiley

No mind me, na shouting and raking I dey do now. But really, any good Lexus RX series model is the best luxury crossover money could buy.

Its expensive, but it gives you rock solid reliability, beauty, perfection, peace, durability and class irrespective of the model/series.
Re: Club-Lexus by tivta(m): 8:24pm On May 20, 2015
lomomike:

Town planner I don see you o! Ehen, make I answer your inquiry. The popularity of toyota/lexus is gotten from the African Adage, "na who no like beta thing?" smiley

No mind me, na shouting and raking I dey do now. But really, any good Lexus RX series model is the best luxury crossover money could buy.

Its expensive, but it gives you rock solid reliability, beauty, perfection, peace, durability and class irrespective of the model/series.
. Thanks, you mentioned expensive, am surprised it is cause of its popularity. Well thank God for its good reviews compared to xttera 06 transmission issues. Carry go bro.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 20, 2015
tivta:
. Thanks, you mentioned expensive, am surprised it is cause of its popularity. Well thank God for its good reviews compared to xttera 06 transmission issues. Carry go bro.

No compare xterra with RX, instead compare it with 4runner SR5 2006.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 22, 2015
tivta:

When a particular car model is suddenly very popular on the road, especially one with an old model year (e.g. 97 - 99 Camry) I think the parent company has discontinued its production

The price is usually reduced and makes it easier for car dealers to sell them off their stands to make room for newer models

That's a trend I've observed
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 22, 2015
noxide:

When a particular car model is suddenly very popular on the road, especially one with an old model year (e.g. 97 - 99 Camry) I think the parent company has discontinued its production

The price is usually reduced and makes it easier for car dealers to sell them off their stands to make room for newer models

Well, you might have a point, however, that's not the main point. Ever wondered why 2010-date prado, 2008-2015 highlander, 2010-date landcruiser and 2007-date camry are hot sales?

Durability, reliability, customers satisfaction, safety etc.

Ever wondered why 2000-date landrover freelanders ain't common?
Re: Club-Lexus by tivta(m): 8:30pm On May 22, 2015
noxide:

. Nice observation, but the lexus rx models are from 2005 upwards yet quite popular, am just surprised its that popular despite being expensive, if it was xterra we all know its the cheapest of body on frame suv's.
Re: Club-Lexus by princely83(m): 9:57pm On May 22, 2015
Hello all. Please I need some help with my rx330. My fuel cap fell on the ground and since then a check engine light came up with vsc. (Apparently the check light is switching off the vsc as a failsafe process). I scanned the car and the P0453 code came up(evaporative emisions bla bla....). I also perceived smell of fuel whenever I start the car. Please what can be done to solve this prob as i have ordered and used a brand new fuel cap and the prob still persists.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.