Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency (2378 Views)

Biafra: Owerri Grounded By IPOB Protest; Okorocha Devastated! HAPPENINGNOW (pics / Imo Protest: Okorocha Deceived Us - APC Women / Nigerian Troops Arrest Terrorists Disguised As Women In Baga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by ceo4eva: 1:59am On Oct 23, 2013
Owerri, the Imo State capital, was
literally shutdown yesterday as
thousands of women from the 27
local council areas of the state
protested alleged intimidation and
harassment of the state Governor,
Rochas Okorocha by the presidency,
the Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission (EFCC) and the
Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC). Human and
vehicular movements in the capital
city came to a standstill while the
protest lasted.
Addressing journalists yesterday, one
of the protesters, Mrs Tessy Ohanuba,
stated that the women of the state
simply came to Owerri to express
their anger over what she described
as the intimidation and harassment
of the state governor, by the
presidency and its agencies
especially EFCC.
“The Federal Government has been
using the Economic and Financial
Crimes Commission to intimidate
and harass the officials of the state
government ever since Okorocha
became the governor of the state,
which is just to distract the
government.
“We are asking the Federal
Government to support this
performing governor and stop
distracting him. We are calling on the
gender-friendly president to listen to
the cry and see the tears of the
women and call those harassing the
state governor and his team to order,”
she said.
Similarly, Mrs Adaku
Agbugbaeruleke, said that the alleged
plot to remove Governor Okorocha,
was unacceptable, stressing that the
Federal Government should not
manipulate the apex court but should
allow justice to prevail.
“If President Jonathan supports
Governor Okorocha in his efforts to
make Imo better, the women of Imo
will in turn, support him again in
2015 like we did in 2011. So, we
don’t like the continuous harassment
of the governor; that is why we have
left our children and businesses to
come to Owerri this morning. We are
appealing to the president not to
create confusion in the state.”
The women also besieged the INEC
office along the Port Harcourt/ Owerri
road, to demand the immediate
release of the Oguta Assembly re-run
election or announcement of a new
date to conduct election in the
remaining wards.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/imo-shuts-women-protest-okorochas-intimidation-presidency/

Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Sloan: 2:02am On Oct 23, 2013
I hope GEJ is really serious about this conference because if he is, WHY and HOW does he have time to be hounding the Imo State governor again? Let him be for goodness sake, just conduct this conference on time before more damage is spread to the country! Haba! angry angry angry Let Okorocha alone, just do the damn conference quickly or is it how he will be foot dragging until everyone loses interest and we are all back to SQUARE ONE?? angry angry
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by kenbee(f): 2:03am On Oct 23, 2013
Hmmmm! Another stunt by desperate Okorocha just to salvage his fading popularity.

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Niggmatic: 2:04am On Oct 23, 2013
What is this!
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by AnOlAd: 3:08am On Oct 23, 2013
Mtshewwww
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by sheniqua: 3:18am On Oct 23, 2013
Why is this Not on fp
Somebody is slacking o
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Tpave(m): 5:25am On Oct 23, 2013
Hahahahahahabuahaaaahaaaaha! Chai
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by laplace19(m): 6:25am On Oct 23, 2013
In one sentence... What are they(EFCC president and others) intimidating Rochas Okorocha for?
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 23, 2013
Jonathan thinks he can intimidate and harass Rochas and get away with it. He should be reminded that Rivers state is not Imo state at all! angry
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Danhumprey: 6:35am On Oct 23, 2013
Ghana-must-go don exchange hands already na. cheesy
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 23, 2013
Wat sought of rubbish it ispresidency intimidating rochasin their dreams??cant remember when last efcc queried an official of the ever deceitful rochas....if this women actually protested.....well both them and the person that payed them to protest are not just ok
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 23, 2013
Cheap lies and blackmail

How come I didn't notice any shutdown in owerri?
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Ngwakwe: 6:56am On Oct 23, 2013
This thread should be deleted, the source of this article needs to be censored for deceit and the poster warned.

Owerri never noticed any protest or disruption of vehicular movement anywhere in the metropolis.
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by EASTSIDAZ: 6:57am On Oct 23, 2013
EFCC should shut down the state immediately, if the man is found to have been a crook or have wasted resources unnecessarily the state should clamped down with all the security apparatus. Imo state people have suffered untold hardship under the reign of this draconian ruler.
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 23, 2013
Ndi iro! Instead of them to condemn the intimidation and harassment of Rochas,they are arguing if the roads were shut down or not during the protest. Ufodu ndi mmadu eweghi sense at all. Odikwa egwu! grin

1 Like

Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by 6cence: 7:23am On Oct 23, 2013
Time ll do justice to us all. We should be carefull on how we judge others.
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by dridowu: 7:48am On Oct 23, 2013
Sloan: I hope GEJ is really serious about this conference because if he is, WHY and HOW does he have time to be hounding the Imo State governor again? Let him be for goodness sake, just conduct this conference on time before more damage is spread to the country! Haba! angry angry angry Let Okorocha alone, just do the damn conference quickly or is it how he will be foot dragging until everyone loses interest and we are all back to SQUARE ONE?? angry angry
do u think d national conference will be sucessful ? time will tell but i doubt it.
@topic, FG: As far as u are not 4 presi , u must expect the unwanted
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 23, 2013
Ok
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by grafikii: 7:56am On Oct 23, 2013
I thought they said rochas has lost support in Imo.
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Abagworo(m): 9:57am On Oct 23, 2013
PDP is scared of Rochas performance. They have done everything possible to deter him but he keeps sacrificing and waxing stronger. They are now using zoning of Governorship to divide the State instead of supporting good governance. One thing I like about this Presidency or PDP fight against Governors is that it motivates them to do more like we see in Rivers State. FG has commenced work on East-West Road but I heard work on PH-Owerri Road has been halted.
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by donphilopus: 10:09am On Oct 23, 2013
Neither Intimidation Nor Harrasment would give him an automatic victory as our president come 2015..

GEJ already knows he's a Loser
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 23, 2013
Abagworo: PDP is scared of Rochas performance. They have done everything possible to deter him but he keeps sacrificing and waxing stronger. They are now using zoning of Governorship to divide the State instead of supporting good governance. One thing I like about this Presidency or PDP fight against Governors is that it motivates them to do more like we see in Rivers State. FG has commenced work on East-West Road but I heard work on PH-Owerri Road has been halted.
.... simply because the two states connected by the road belongs to the opposition right? Very sad indeed!

How are you nwanne? Its been a while... cool
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Controversy: 10:58am On Oct 23, 2013
Picture or it did not happened
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by eaglechild: 11:15am On Oct 23, 2013
grin grin grin grin
JUNK
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Abagworo(m): 12:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
Controversy: Picture or it did not happened

Dis kain grammar alone fit cause premature ejaculation.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Abagworo(m): 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2013
berem: .... simply because the two states connected by the road belongs to the opposition right? Very sad indeed!

How are you nwanne? Its been a while... cool

Nnem adim ok. I suspect it has to do with Niger Delta ministry under Orubebe. The two roads are being handled by the ministry.
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by 1MCN: 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
Abagworo: PDP is scared of Rochas performance. They have done everything possible to deter him but he keeps sacrificing and waxing stronger. They are now using zoning of Governorship to divide the State instead of supporting good governance. One thing I like about this Presidency or PDP fight against Governors is that it motivates them to do more like we see in Rivers State. FG has commenced work on East-West Road but I heard work on PH-Owerri Road has been halted.
I didn't feel like contributing on this until I saw a few not-so-correct assertions you made here.

You 'heard' that walk on PH-Owerri road has been halted. But I saw (just recently) that there's work ongoing there now. During the peak of the rains, it only made sense for the contractor to halt. But they've resumed, good friend. Also, full dualization of the Owerri-Aba and Owerri-Umuahia and Owerri Airport roads have commenced. I saw. I didn't hear.

East-West road transverses 6 ND states (FG's now planning to make it complete the entire 9 ND states). At the time Amaechi made that spurious accusation against the ministry of Works and ND and FG, not much earthwork was happening in his own constituency, Rivers state. But not that there was no work going on anywhere. He was rather too spontaneous in his utterances.

Talking about using zoning against Rochas. You, of all people, should know that zoning and even political party does not appeal so much to Nd'Imo in particular. Otherwise Rochas would not be there. When they see other superior reasons to vote a person, these frivolities become second class or even classless. In my own understanding, and by what I see for my self, Rochas has been hyping more than he's been working. Most of our APC brothers that'll come here now to cheer Rochas live in Lagos and they see Imo state only on DSTV. They've never crossed the headbridge.

If there are some very important things he's done that I have not seen, haven travelled the 27LGs and Owerri, pls kindly inform me. (Note, not that he's not done anything at all. But he's been talking more than he's been doing).

1 Like

Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by Abagworo(m): 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
1MCN:
I didn't feel like contributing on this until I saw a few not-so-correct assertions you made here.

You 'heard' that walk on PH-Owerri road has been halted. But I saw (just recently) that there's work ongoing there now. During the peak of the rains, it only made sense for the contractor to halt. But they've resumed, good friend. Also, full dualization of the Owerri-Aba and Owerri-Umuahia and Owerri Airport roads have commenced. I saw. I didn't hear.

East-West road transverses 6 ND states (FG's now planning to make it complete the entire 9 ND states). At the time Amaechi made that spurious accusation against the ministry of Works and ND and FG, not much earthwork was happening in his own constituency, Rivers state. But not that there was no work going on anywhere. He was rather too spontaneous in his utterances.

Talking about using zoning against Rochas. You, of all people, should know that zoning and even political party does not appeal so much to Nd'Imo in particular. Otherwise Rochas would not be there. When they see other superior reasons to vote a person, these frivolities become second class or even classless. In my own understanding, and by what I see for my self, Rochas has been hyping more than he's been working. Most of our APC brothers that'll come here now to cheer Rochas live in Lagos and they see Imo state only on DSTV. They've never crossed the headbridge.

If there are some very important things he's done that I have not seen, haven travelled the 27LGs and Owerri, pls kindly inform me. (Note, not that he's not done anything at all. But he's been talking more than he's been doing).

Show me where Rochas has talked about what he's done and I'll become a liar. Apart from "Yes We Can" program that last year or so, I've not seen any where Rochas has talked. All I see are a thousand and one haters saying that he makes noise but have no evidence. The Governors that make the most noise are Akwa-Ibom and Abia. While Akwa-Ibom has some things to show for his noise, you can't compare his 1st 2 years of highest allocation in the country to Rochas 2 years in office with one of the lowest allocation. Anyone that doubts me, should show me his level of work in Akwa-Ibom as at 2009.

Meanwhile Rochas is being fought by PDP using every means including asking contractors to abandon work and receive FG's protection and in some instances use court injunctions to prevent re-award of the jobs. In some others people are sponsored to refuse the use of their land for developmental projects so that Rochas won't get the credit. The latest is refusal to allow State library relocated and rebuilt to something modern while the one at city centre is used for something more commercial like a mall. Rochas cannot work if he is not allowed to and we all know who is behind all these.
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by DerideGull(m): 2:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
The lazy women from Ideato South LGA, alleged to have disturbed the public peace in Imo State, should have been mercilessly flogged.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by gbanikiti(m): 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
DerideGull: The lazy women from Ideato South LGA, alleged to have disturbed the public peace in Imo State, should have been mercilessly flogged.
flogged because she and other women were protesting? Are you this heartless dede m? embarassed
Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by DerideGull(m): 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
gbanikiti: flogged because she and other women were protesting? Are you this heartless dede m? embarassed

berem,

License can not be licentious, period. Frivolous acts such as the alleged diotic campaign by the hired women from Ideato South LGA in Oweeri, Imo State should be treated with equal amount of recklessness.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency by asha80(m): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
Abagworo:

Show me where Rochas has talked about what he's done and I'll become a liar. Apart from "Yes We Can" program that last year or so, I've not seen any where Rochas has talked. All I see are a thousand and one haters saying that he makes noise but have no evidence. The Governors that make the most noise are Akwa-Ibom and Abia. While Akwa-Ibom has some things to show for his noise, you can't compare his 1st 2 years of highest allocation in the country to Rochas 2 years in office with one of the lowest allocation. Anyone that doubts me, should show me his level of work in Akwa-Ibom as at 2009.

Meanwhile Rochas is being fought by PDP using every means including asking contractors to abandon work and receive FG's protection and in some instances use court injunctions to prevent re-award of the jobs. In some others people are sponsored to refuse the use of their land for developmental projects so that Rochas won't get the credit. The latest is refusal to allow State library relocated and rebuilt to something modern while the one at city centre is used for something more commercial like a mall. Rochas cannot work if he is not allowed to and we all know who is behind all these.
maybe he should stop thos 'rescue mission' programs he shows on ait and nta...that in itself is still noisemaking.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State / Presidency Launches ‪#‎bringbackjonathanin2015‬ Campaign / 8 Years Of Uncommon Profligacy & Akpabio's Squandering Of Akwa Ibom Commonwealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.