Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

BREAKING: Jonathan Sets Up Three-member Panel To Probe Oduah’s N255 Million Car - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Jonathan Sets Up Three-member Panel To Probe Oduah’s N255 Million Car (609 Views)

Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 / FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries / BREAKING: Jonathan Sets Up Three-member Panel To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Jonathan Sets Up Three-member Panel To Probe Oduah’s N255 Million Car by joan1: 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
Stella Oduah was absent at the FEC meeting.

President Goodluck Jonathan has set up a three-man administrative panel to investigate the armoured car scandal involving aviation minister, Stella Oduah.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati, stated this while briefing journalists after the weekly meeting of the Executive Council of the Federation.

The three-man panel is to be chaired by the immediate past Head of Service, Sali Bello. Other members include the National Security Adviser Colonel Sambo Dasuki, and Air Vice Marshal Dik Iruenebere.

Mr. Abati also confirmed PREMIUM TIMES earlier report that the president has queried Mrs. Oduah asking her to provide explanations on the controversial purchase.

He said the new panel of enquiry is to investigate whether the procurement of the vehicles for about N255 million followed due process or not. The panel is also to look into the main reasons for procuring the vehicles.

Mr. Abati did not state if the minister would step aside while she is being investigated. Mrs. Oduah was conspicuously absent at Wednesday’s FEC meeting.

The spokesman said the panel has two weeks to conclude its task and would give the President the necessary advise on the matter.

For more details: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/147104-breaking-jonathan-sets-three-member-panel-probe-oduahs-n255-million-car-scandal.html
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Sets Up Three-member Panel To Probe Oduah’s N255 Million Car by spurlge(m): 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
jo-an:
Stella Oduah was absent at the FEC meeting.

President Goodluck Jonathan has set up a three-man administrative panel to investigate the armoured car scandal involving aviation minister, Stella Oduah.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati, stated this while briefing journalists after the weekly meeting of the Executive Council of the Federation.

The three-man panel is to be chaired by the immediate past Head of Service, Sali Bello. Other members include the National Security Adviser Colonel Sambo Dasuki, and Air Vice Marshal Dik Iruenebere.

Mr. Abati also confirmed PREMIUM TIMES earlier report that the president has queried Mrs. Oduah asking her to provide explanations on the controversial purchase.

He said the new panel of enquiry is to investigate whether the procurement of the vehicles for about N255 million followed due process or not. The panel is also to look into the main reasons for procuring the vehicles.

Mr. Abati did not state if the minister would step aside while she is being investigated. Mrs. Oduah was conspicuously absent at Wednesday’s FEC meeting.

The spokesman said the panel has two weeks to conclude its task and would give the President the necessary advise on the matter.

For more details: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/147104-breaking-jonathan-sets-three-member-panel-probe-oduahs-n255-million-car-scandal.html

chop money jor isnt that the standard... Maybe almost sef Pathetic Cats...
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Sets Up Three-member Panel To Probe Oduah’s N255 Million Car by MeAboki(m): 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
Three man membership is too small, they can easily be bought, just share the 112M between them shikenan; its like this one too is going to get away with it. Oga johnny no de serious against criminality.
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Sets Up Three-member Panel To Probe Oduah’s N255 Million Car by gurnam: 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
This is the miminum standard that is expected....

A supposed allegations has been made against her and some other people, the next thing is for the government to verify the authenticity of those allegations.

If at the end of it all....the panel return a no-guilty verdict, fine and good.

What we don't expect is this siege and mob mentality of those who have sworn to see that all issues should be swept under the rug as the accusations are machinations of her enemies and those of the President.

We need to eschew the mentality of our son or daughter can never do wrong.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Sets Up Three-member Panel To Probe Oduah’s N255 Million Car by joan1: 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
Me_Aboki: Three man membership is too small, they can easily be bought, just share the 112M between them shikenan; its like this one too is going to get away with it. Oga johnny no de serious against criminality.

How now? I am very serious about criminality and the best way to change that is to make sure you and I are heard everyday.
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Sets Up Three-member Panel To Probe Oduah’s N255 Million Car by citizenY(m): 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
Waste of time.....

1.. war the expenditure in the budget, as passed by the legislature? YEs or NO
2... was it approved by FEC in any of their Wednesday meetings? Yes or NO
3...Due process followed? Yes or No?

What is all this panel ,committee, waste of time for?

I tire embarassed

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Sets Up Three-member Panel To Probe Oduah’s N255 Million Car by joan1: 6:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
citizenY: Waste of time.....

1.. war the expenditure in the budget, as passed by the legislature? YEs or NO
2... was it approved by FEC in any of their Wednesday meetings? Yes or NO
3...Due process followed? Yes or No?

What is all this panel ,committee, waste of time for?

I tire embarassed

Nice input there! She has misappropriated funds and due process was not followed. So she should have been sacked since, shikenan.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Sets Up Three-member Panel To Probe Oduah’s N255 Million Car by MeAboki(m): 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
jo-an:

How now? I am very serious about criminality and the best way to change that is to make sure you and I are heard everyday.

Ah! Oga johnny, na you be dis, I no know say you sef dey reach NL, so na dis be your your handle?

Ok about criminality, you need to show this woman the way out, she and the other one, whats her name, ah ha Allison, they are spoiling your good name, ppl are already speculating say whether na bottom power de dull your brain; even Madam (Umblerra sef no de comfortable with your close association, as if something de happen between you and dem).

Yes, Alams pardon na another minus against your record, in fact dem say EFCC na only barking bulldog without teeth. With all these financial scandals wey de happen, how you wan think say say you fit win for 2015.

Better do something oO, because if that Buhari man win, him no go waste time with all una lootocrats including: OBJ, IBB, Atiku; jail time for you and your yeye ministers for Kirikira na small thing, in fact e fit make am firing squad at Bar Beach.

No talk say I no warn you; in fact these your brothers wey de deceive hail you, na dem go begin shout sai Buhari, sai Buhari!
Even me sef (your pally) fit join dem shout Buhari name as dem dey fire you for stake oO!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Obiano- My Rivals Suffer From Intellectual Poverty / Abia Wins Good Governance Awards / Nigerian Scientist, Anthony Oyeogbe, Emerges Green Talents Awardee 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.