Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu (12715 Views)

BREAKING: Wanted Boko Haram Member Arrested / DSS Parades Fake Boko Haram Associates Of Stephen Davis [photo] / High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by prov1029(m): 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
The Enugu State Command of the Department of State Security Services, DSSS, on Thursday paraded a 35-year-old man who has been allegedly defrauding churches in the country under the pretense that he is a repented Boko Haram member.

Director of the DSSS in Enugu State, Mr. Victor Duru, who paraded the suspect identified as Daniel Danboyi, said that the suspect had been allegedly collecting money from people after claiming that he was also a Muslim converted to Christianity.

According to him, “He has been going about with false testimony, deceiving people and duping/exploiting them in the name religion. He claims that he is a renounced Boko Haram member who has converted to Christianity.

“Upon his arrest on 23/8/13, the suspect claimed he was invited by a church in Awka Anambra State (Spoken Word Church), for a youth programme, as a guest speaker.

“On his way back to Yola Adamawa State on 21st August 2013, the commercial bus he boarded broke down at 9th Mile, Enugu State. The driver refused to refund their fares and he was stranded. He called his host, who could not come to his aid, hence he had to proceed to Mountain of Fire and Miracle Church at Zik Avenue Enugu to solicit for money/help.

“The suspect has been a serial liar and deceiver. He is a Christian and not a Muslim. He confessed he has never been a Boko Haram member. His real name is Daniel Danboyi and not Shuaibu Shehu Rabiu”.

Duru called on Nigerians “to be wary of people going about sharing bogus testimonies, especially if the intention is to seek help or get money/favour or attract sympathy”.

However, when interviewed by journalists, the suspect, who looked healthy, stated that he lied that he was a repented Boko Haram member to enable him collect money for transportation to the North.

The suspect insisted that he only wanted to collect transportation, adding that the vehicle convening them to the north broke down at Ninth Mile, Enugu.

Danboyi, who claimed to be a missionary, disclosed that before his arrest, he went for a youth programme at Spoken Word Church, Awka to deliver a lecture.

He claimed that when the vehicle conveying them to the North broke down, he contacted a cleric in Spoken Word Church for money but the pastor failed to grant his request.

According to the suspect he lied at the church in order to attract pity and favour from the members.

He admitted to claiming that he was a repented Boko Haram member who is now a Christian, and changed his name as well to suit the lies.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/fraud-dss-parades-fake-boko-haram-member-enugu/
Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by ndufrank: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
This one na real guyman. But Aboki bukwa Aboki nomatter what

4 Likes

Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by nero2face: 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hmm, 9ja no dey eva take last, business opportunities all ova de country, man must wakk,..bt diz 1 com get as eem be o,...I no fit shout,..soon dat 1 go be another office on him own...long love 9ja sha

1 Like

Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by Omexonomy: 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
A typical nigeria love to make any oppourtunity a money making business.
I have always known that some people who give testimonies in church and mosque are not mentally ok.
Shoot oppourtunity while flying for it is a bad bed that never pech.
Wahala too much for nigeria.
Wetin be this one again.
Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by cashkid042(m): 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
see wat hunger has turned dis man,a bokoharan member to grin grin
Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by eagleeye2: 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
So Fake Boko Haram don dey...... Naija I hail thee.
Anyways, "ahia obula na aga-aga, a na abu ya ubu".

4 Likes

Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by Tolexander: 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
The same reason i don't always believe those craps that can be cooked up by any tom, d1ck and harry, telling us they are boko haram converts with silly stories.

1 Like

Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by 0wilywily0: 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
They should release him, he is only begging for transport fare,

2 Likes

Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by Wsdm: 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
eagle,eye:
Yes, Three sets according to General Buhari.
*The one headed by Shekau- real boko haram.
*The one headed by politicians- the political boko haram which of course Jonathan is an active member/leader.
* The one headed by fraudstars- which the above falls to.

6 Likes

Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by prov1029(m): 8:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
Nigerians are gradually getting to the point whereby having to play tricks on thier conscience will no longer be acceptable. People like this make a living by taking advantage of someone's good feelings to the less privilege in a society filled with harsh times.
Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by MeAboki(m): 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
Shege dan iska boy grin

But on a serious note, if the truth has not been found out, na so so some ppl will be carrying his fake testimony of conversion from Islam to Christianity and what ever horrific atrocities he could have concocted about Boko Haram, all over the net, in order to give the north, and especially much maligned Hausa/Fulani a bad name.
Alhamdullilah, I am happy that this particular fake bubble has been busted - may the bigots feel truly disappointed wink

18 Likes

Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by OJODEL10(m): 8:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
NA WA FOR NAIJA FAKE BOKO HARAM AGAIN WAITIN UNEMPLOYMENT GO CAUSE FOR NAIJA EN! I BEG MAKE THEM RELEASE THAT MAN OO NA UNEMPLOYMENT THEY DO MY GUY
Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by grafikii: 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
Omexonomy: A typical BIAFRAN love to make any oppourtunity a money making business.
I have always known that some people who give testimonies in church and mosque are not mentally ok.
Shoot oppourtunity while flying for it is a bad bed that never pech.
Wahala too much for nigeria.
Wetin be this one again.
FIXED
Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by daylae(m): 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
always looking at the bright sides in every situations. . .nigerians.
Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by Stallion77(f): 11:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
Nigerians have enormous brain capacity for productivity but some choose to engage it in sinister motives. Smh
Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by favouredseed(f): 3:27am On Oct 25, 2013
smh, Na wa for naijA man
Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by Bright2(m): 4:45am On Oct 25, 2013
Aboki,you are a penticostal liar grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 25, 2013
That is evangelist BALOGUN formula he is claiming he was once a MUSLIM, OGBONI and so on.
Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by hakanai(m): 6:48am On Oct 25, 2013
Me_Aboki: Shege dan iska boy grin

But on a serious note, if the truth has not been found out, na so so some ppl will be carrying his fake testimony of conversion from Islam to Christianity and what ever horrific atrocities he could have concocted about Boko Haram, all over the net, in order to give the north, and especially much maligned Hausa/Fulani a bad name.
Alhamdullilah, I am happy that this particular fake bubble has been busted - may the bigots feel truly disappointed wink
You can say that again. God will continue to expose the liars. Some people are terrible liars and some are desperate to damn others that they expel common sense and reasonning. No be this man talk say IBB and many more were there sponsors? No be this man talk say they were thought to hate Jesus? His story was stinking with lies from day one. But trust the holy crusaders and anything bad goes with the other side.

8 Likes

Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by snika: 9:30am On Oct 25, 2013
He should be bokoharamed
Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by Lilimax(f): 9:30am On Oct 25, 2013
Everything has fake in Naija grin

An able bodied man turned to a fake Boko member?

It shall never be well with poverty angry

1 Like

Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 25, 2013
ogodomi: That is evangelist BALOGUN formula he is claiming he was once a MUSLIM, OGBONI and so on.

End of story. Fake converts are a big industry in naija.

I have to wonder - people confess to being born again armed robbers, terrorists and instead of idiots in the congregation dragging them to the police station, they cheer.

10 Likes

Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by tunshe: 9:41am On Oct 25, 2013
This is not about unemployment, it's about being paid to do the job.

This guy has tarnished the image of Islam with lies and was celebrated in so many Churches and on the internet.

I was in Jos sometime ago,someone printed and shared this useless purported confession of a Bokoharam member to so many people. That's how they increase hatred among the people of Jos because some people are feeding fat from religious crisis.

Just like precedence, anyone who specializes in tarnishing the image of Islam will be punished both in this world and hereafter.

9 Likes

Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by Shollyps(m): 9:44am On Oct 25, 2013
WEN WIL DEY ARREST ORIGINAL BOKO HARAM

1 Like

Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by 3ace(m): 9:46am On Oct 25, 2013
I knew it, I knew it was difficult for those boys to repent. They'll rather die than renounce their aim. That was why I found it difficult to believe the story when I heard it.
Re: Fake Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Enugu by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2013
eagle,eye:

O na-atogbu m oge obula m huru onye na-ede Igbo ofuma. Nwanne, asusu anyi na achozikwa inwu anwu oo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Four Rail Lines’ll Be Completed This Year –FG / NJC Dismisses Petitions Against Abang Over Abia/Ondo Governorship Cases / Osinbajo Visits Niger Delta Today, Youths Give Condition For Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.