Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:19 AM

Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! (1759 Views)

Hello Nairalanders!! Meet My Mom And I / Married Zimbabwean Woman And Nigerian Lover Get Stuck During Sex / Help: I'm Married But In Love With Another Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by DutchesSsS(f): 4:45am On Oct 25, 2013
Hello, please I'm a final year human physiology scholar.

I'm stuck on a spot with my project. I'm through with my Chapter 1 but the chapter 2 is tearing me apart ...I don't know what to write or do...I don't someone to write it for me, I just need guidiance and assisstance. How can I also get materials...I really don't know how to write a literature review....thank you

Mods, please front page I need as much help as possible
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by Illuminatus(m): 5:02am On Oct 25, 2013
What are you writing on? What is the topic of your project? What exactly do you need? Have you drafted out a Table of Contents?
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by DutchesSsS(f): 5:08am On Oct 25, 2013
Illuminatus: What are you writing on? What is the topic of your project? What exactly do you need? Have you drafted out a Table of Contents?

Yes, I have..

Left ventricular echocardiogram of subjects that consumes alcoholic beverages...
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 25, 2013
sh1t happens you don't just sit and write! wait, take time off, relax n inspiration will come when least expected!
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by Illuminatus(m): 5:22am On Oct 25, 2013
DutchesSsS:

Yes, I have..

Left ventricular echocardiogram of subjects that consumes alcoholic beverages...
Aha. That sounds huge. I'm not a science student, but I'm a fairly good writer and I know how find things.
I suggest you read up on your project topic and all the contents. Go to the best Library in your area and read everything and anything you can find there. The internet is another great tool. You can find lots of stuff online. If you need help hunting things down online, ask and I could help.
Don't force yourself to write. Take a few hours rest doing other things and inspiration might strike you.
Finally, what exactly is the problem? Why did you stop Chapter 3? You didn't know what to write? Or you didn't know how to write it?
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by DutchesSsS(f): 6:03am On Oct 25, 2013
Illuminatus:
Aha. That sounds huge. I'm not a science student, but I'm a fairly good writer and I know how find things.
I suggest you read up on your project topic and all the contents. Go to the best Library in your area and read everything and anything you can find there. The internet is another great tool. You can find lots of stuff online. If you need help hunting things down online, ask and I could help.
Don't force yourself to write. Take a few hours rest doing other things and inspiration might strike you.
Finally, what exactly is the problem? Why did you stop Chapter 3? You didn't know what to write? Or you didn't know how to write it?

Please, I don't know how to write a literaturre review and how exactly do I get materials online..I'm still on chapter 2. I don't know what to write andd how to write it.....I'm really not close to any library at the moment..
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by tbaba1234: 6:46am On Oct 25, 2013
DutchesSsS:

Please, I don't know how to write a literature review and how exactly do I get materials online..I'm still on chapter 2. I don't know what to write and how to write it.....I'm really not close to any library at the moment..

What you trying to do in a literature review is to look for research that have been written related to the subject and state how your work adds to that body of knowledge.

The first thing, you need to do is to create a list of research papers you intend to use. . You can find useful research on Google. Read the abstract to get an idea of the conclusions. You can also scan through body of the document if it is available or you can buy.

Example:

"Renewable portfolio standards have effects on the carbon emissions, electricity cost and in the development of renewable energy. Palmer and Burtaw [2005], in their study on the cost of the renewable portfolio standard concluded that renewable portfolio standards increased electricity costs and reduced gas-fired generation. The study compared the effectiveness of renewable portfolio standards and renewable energy production tax credits in reducing carbon emissions and concluded the renewable portfolio standards are more cost- effective in reducing carbon emissions since renewable portfolio standards do a better job of reducing emissions without imposing costs on federal tax-payers. Another study on the renewable portfolio standards concluded that the projected increase in the electricity cost is modest; Chen et al [2007] looked at 28 RPS cost studies in 18 states and found out that electricity costs are expected to increase by less than 1% in 70% of the studies looked at. Hurlbut [2008] suggests in his study that the success of a renewable portfolio standard is dependent on knowing where the most cost-effective renewable sources are. Based on this, an understanding of where the most cost-effective wind sources in PJM could influence the success of renewable portfolio standards in the zone."

This is from my thesis... All the best..
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by Illuminatus(m): 6:53am On Oct 25, 2013
DutchesSsS:

Please, I don't know how to write a literaturre review and how exactly do I get materials online..I'm still on chapter 2. I don't know what to write andd how to write it.....I'm really not close to any library at the moment..
What is the chapter two about?
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by tbaba1234: 6:56am On Oct 25, 2013
Illuminatus:
What is the chapter two about?

Chapter 2 is the literature review
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by DutchesSsS(f): 7:24am On Oct 25, 2013
tbaba1234:

What you trying to do in a literature review is to look for research that have been written related to the subject and state how your work adds to that body of knowledge.

The first thing, you need to do is to create a list of research papers you intend to use. . You can find useful research on Google. Read the abstract to get an idea of the conclusions. You can also scan through body of the document if it is available or you can buy.

Example:

"Renewable portfolio standards have effects on the carbon emissions, electricity cost and in the development of renewable energy. Palmer and Burtaw [2005], in their study on the cost of the renewable portfolio standard concluded that renewable portfolio standards increased electricity costs and reduced gas-fired generation. The study compared the effectiveness of renewable portfolio standards and renewable energy production tax credits in reducing carbon emissions and concluded the renewable portfolio standards are more cost- effective in reducing carbon emissions since renewable portfolio standards do a better job of reducing emissions without imposing costs on federal tax-payers. Another study on the renewable portfolio standards concluded that the projected increase in the electricity cost is modest; Chen et al [2007] looked at 28 RPS cost studies in 18 states and found out that electricity costs are expected to increase by less than 1% in 70% of the studies looked at. Hurlbut [2008] suggests in his study that the success of a renewable portfolio standard is dependent on knowing where the most cost-effective renewable sources are. Based on this, an understanding of where the most cost-effective wind sources in PJM could influence the success of renewable portfolio standards in the zone."

This is from my thesis... All the best..

Thank you muchossSs...You really helped me out.
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 25, 2013
Why did you choose a topic of no interest undecided.

You should choose a topic you sure you can work on, abi na your lecturer dash you the topic undecided

That been said, google a lot of info. You can check 4sharedDotCom for materials. It's free there.
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by good188(m): 9:09am On Oct 25, 2013
DRINK A BOTTLE ON ALUMO INSPIRATION GO COME,IM ALSO WRITING MY PROJECT THATS SECRET
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by bellong: 10:48am On Oct 25, 2013
What you need in literature review is to get materials (past thesis, published journals, books) that treated the topic and related topic. Summarise each of the findings in those materials to buttress why you are doing yours. That is correlate with what you are doing to finding the gap in knowledge of the already published materials on the topic.

You can get an old thesis for a guide. If you encounter too many problems, contact your supervisor, it is his duty to guide you and not lord over you. I wish you well
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 25, 2013
tried scholar.google.com?
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by obi4eze(m): 11:44am On Oct 25, 2013
Interesting topic you have OP. First of all, simplify the topic. If I get you well, you're trying to investigate the pathophysiologic effects of smoking on the left ventricle of smokers(active or passive). You may need to google the following: 'effects of smoking on the heart/left ventricle.'

Check up some sites like ajol.info, scielo.org, and some medical journals like British Medical Journal (BMJ), etc. You'll get some invaluable info. You don't need to write much because your topic is specific. Pathologic Basis of Diseases by Kumar et al and your Guyton Textbook of Physiology may also be of help. Get relevant details.

Your Chapter One should talk about some definitions and general descriptions with the diagrams of the heart and blood flow around the left ventricle. A general physiology of the heart (with respect to the left ventricle) and ECG (important) would be needed. Define and describe how to evaluate ventricular echo cardiogram in subjects and state the results that can be obtained in subjects with normal and abnormal ventricular diastolic functions. Discuss smoking and a note on the physiologic effects of smoking (passive and active) on the heart, with respect to the left ventricle. Examine the contents of smoke (e.g. cigarette) and the toxic substances it contains.

Chapter Two is your Literature Review. Here, you'll discuss every relevant work that has been done with respect to the evaluation of the left ventricular echocardiogram. It's important that you note the date of publication of the articles you intend to use because Medicine is an ever-changing science and unless your supervisor is doesn't bother, it is good to use articles published within ten years from the period of writing your project (it depends though, on how important and relevant the material is to your chosen topic). You are free to quote some of the articles. Check up articles on people that had heart problems as a result of smoking and how the problems were investigated.
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by esmeralda1(f): 11:50am On Oct 25, 2013
@ Duchess, to write chapter 2 is very easy if u av a definitive OBJECTIVE.
In d first chapter u must av written d specific objective and the general objective,
what u need in chapter 2 is to explain each objective with respect to some work done by scholars in the past.
you download as many materials as possible, read the ones that correlates with ur objective and explain their findings.
I hope this helps as this is the major work in chapter 2.
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by obi4eze(m): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2013
The Materials and Methods you used in executing the project would be discussed in Chapter 3. Make a list of everything you used in carrying out the research, including the subjects (they would be smokers of course!). There should be a paragraph where you would tell where and when (date) you carried out the research (I don't know if it's in this Chapter or in any of the previous ones). If you used any form of questionnaire then state it there. If you obtained permission from any hospital, agency or organization, also state it. It would be very beneficial to carry out your investigations that are already experiencing the signs and symptoms of smoking-related heart disorders.

Describe your procedure of carrying out the research in detail. Was there any preliminary research/investigation (you may need to carry out a laboratory analysis on the components of smoke), describe it also and state why it was important.

Lest I forget, your Chapter One should also include your reasons for carrying out the research and what you intend to achieve (aims) of carrying out the research. Also state problems/obstacles you expect (one of them would include getting the subjects and maybe, finance) to encounter in Chapter One. (I'm thinking that one of your aims should be to increase awareness on the harmful effects of smoking grin)

Back to Chapter 3, like I said earlier, describe the physiological/pathophysiological condition of the subjects. State precautions you took to guard against errors (if needed).
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by obi4eze(m): 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
Chapter 3 leads to Chapter 4 in which you'll present all the results of your research. Statistical analyses may be needed here to present some correlation. Chapter 4 is all about analyses and observations. Did your result fall short of your expectations? If it did, Why? Or is there any correlation with the work of any other author? If you did the lab. analysis on smoke, you may need to list all the components and state each of their harmful effects on the heart, especially the left ventricle

Finally, in Chapter 5, discuss your Conclusions and Recommendation.
For your conclusion, state your deductions from the research work; also state if the project was worthwhile and the problems you encountered. Then make recommendations for the future, with respect to your research topic. Remind them that THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH WARNS THAT SMOKERS ARE LIABLE TO DIE YOUNG.

Your supervisor would to some extent, determine what you would write.

Hope my contribution helps.

Thanks
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
is your supervisor dead?
Re: Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! by DutchesSsS(f): 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
Thank y'all so soo so much.....YOu guys saved a soul...I'm forever grateful...

(1) (Reply)

Self Control / My Wife Was Caught By Her Lover’s Spouse! / I Hate My Mom With Every Fibre Of My Being!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.