Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,057 members, 7,956,949 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

Self Control - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Self Control (1759 Views)

How Can I Improve My Self-control Around Women? / Confess Your Total Self Control / Teaching Self-control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Self Control by Nobody: 4:12am On Dec 30, 2016
Knowing You Can-But Deciding You Won't!

Precious, precious words of wisdom....
Re: Self Control by Toks2008(m): 5:02am On Dec 30, 2016
That is the way to go if you must attain greatness in life.

When i look back at my past,the bad things i could have done without second guessing and remembering how i tuned away,i cant help but say to myself..what a sacrifice.

Each day i have the opportunity to sleep with different ladies but i always ask myself,what is the gain? I am a single guy and i have a staff strength of 10 in one of my businesses and all ladies yet i deliberately look away from all of them despite their beauty and i tend to ask myself...what is the big deal if you just catch your fun with any one of them but i also ask..does it make sense?

One thing i have come to realize in life is that pleasing GOD is not easy..it takes so much sacrifice but the truth is that the reward of pleasing GOD outweighs the sacrifice.

Sometimes i ask myself..am i guided by principles or the fear of GOD? Nevertheless, it pays to please GOD.

GOD help us.

https://www.nairaland.com/3025209/10-reasons-why-dont-indulge

6 Likes

Re: Self Control by BlackDBagba: 5:07am On Dec 30, 2016
The gift of Free Will....
Re: Self Control by Davedoz(m): 6:13am On Dec 30, 2016
Ok. Wow
Re: Self Control by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 30, 2016
It's very important.
Re: Self Control by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2016
Yes...it's challenging but not impossible through God's strength. The virtue I need most...
I'll check out that link.

Toks2008:

When i look back at my past,the bad things i could have done without second guessing and remembering how i tuned away,i cant help but say to myself..what a sacrifice.

Each day i have the opportunity to sleep with different ladies but i always ask myself,what is the gain? I am a single guy and i have a staff strength of 10 in one of my businesses and all ladies yet i deliberately look away from all of them despite their beauty and i tend to ask myself...what is the big deal if you just catch your fun with any one of them but i also ask..does it make sense?

One thing i have come to realize in life is that pleasing GOD is not easy..it takes so much sacrifice but the truth is that the reward of pleasing GOD outweighs the sacrifice.

Sometimes i ask myself..am i guided by principles or the fear of GOD? Nevertheless, it pays to please GOD.

GOD help us.

Re: Self Control by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2016
BlackDBagba:
The gift of Free Will....

Exactly...

1 Like

Re: Self Control by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2016
NotOfThis:
It's very important.

Praying for this trait....in ALL areas of my life daily.
Re: Self Control by sunvick(m): 5:56pm On Dec 30, 2016
@op
Self control in what context, stealing, murder, robbery, lieing, or sex?

Abi is it only regarding sex that we should cultivate self control as a virtue
As the people above have already classified it under sex!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Control by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2016
Lady39:

Praying for this trait....in ALL areas of my life daily.
Very good.
Re: Self Control by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 31, 2016
sunvick:
@op
Self control in what context, stealing, murder, robbery, lieing, or sex?

Abi is it only regarding sex that we should cultivate self control as a virtue
As the people above have already classified it under sex!

I was actually speaking about my "mouth" at the moment I wrote that. I was trying to keep from just losing it. It's like the Lord just stopped my mouth. It's an area where I'm trying to get the victory..and I will.
Self-control covers many areas such as appetite, sexual appetite within the context of
marriage, keeping the mouth shut even when one wants to retaliate, not being covetous to the extent that one becomes consumed by it, not having to buy everything just because one can. There's no such thing as self-control with lying & robbery etc. lol. It's just best not to do those two things at all.

2 Likes

Re: Self Control by Leyqute(m): 12:48am On Dec 31, 2016
Everything needs to be done in moderation. Without self control, one will lose many things.
Re: Self Control by sunvick(m): 10:30am On Dec 31, 2016
I get your point now, just that you missed putting it in context in your 1st post thereby misleading people into thinking that it was about sex alone.

Lady39:

I was actually speaking about my "mouth" at the moment I wrote that. I was trying to keep from just losing it. It's like the Lord just stopped my mouth. It's an area where I'm trying to get the victory..and I will.
Self-control covers many areas such as appetite, sexual appetite within the context of
marriage, keeping the mouth shut even when one wants to retaliate, not being covetous to the extent that one becomes consumed by it, not having to buy everything just because one can. There's no such thing as self-control with lying & robbery etc. lol. It's just best not to do those two things at all.

2 Likes

Re: Self Control by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
sunvick:
I get your point now, just that you missed putting it in context in your 1st post thereby misleading people into thinking that it was about sex alone.

Thank u much for pointing that out. I'm glad u did that cause sex was the furthest thing from my mind when I created this post.
Re: Self Control by sunvick(m): 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2016
You are welcomed madmozelle!!!

Lady39:

Thank u much for pointing that out. I'm glad u did that cause sex was the furthest thing from my mind when I created this post.
Re: Self Control by Aquablue: 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2016
Nothing beats being able to control yourself in whatever situation u find yourself

1 Like

Re: Self Control by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 01, 2017
Aquablue:
Nothing beats being able to control yourself in whatever situation u find yourself

Very true...a most precious virtue.
Re: Self Control by Nobody: 5:23am On Jan 09, 2017
My simple definition of it is "Ability to say no and mean it"
Lady39:

Knowing You Can-But Deciding You Won't!

Precious, precious words of wisdom....

Re: Self Control by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
loyallove:
My simple definition of it is "Ability to say no and mean it"

Okay...I can see that. One has to resolve in his/her mind to say "no" then stick with it! Especially when the temptation or tempter is always there somehow....making it quite difficult.
Re: Self Control by Richy4(m): 7:47pm On Jan 09, 2017
Lady39:

Hahha You really have to invest on chewing stick....as they are annoying you, you are chewing it hard..... grin
Re: Self Control by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 10, 2017
[quote author=Richy4 post=52671708]

Hahha You really have to invest on chewing stick....as they are annoying you, you are chewing it hard..... grin[/quote

Oh I'm over it now..it was just so shocking how someone did something without asking me first...it was a terrible move on that person's part.
Re: Self Control by jashar(f): 7:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
Toks2008:

GOD help us.

GBAM!!!

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Some Women So Stupid? / Hello, Please I Need Your Help!!! I'm Stuck!!! / What's Your Take On This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.