Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,219 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots (15456 Views)

World Cup 2014: Sepp Blatter Says He Is 'surprised' Lionel Messi Won The Golden / Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier / Africa Needs Local Coaches e.g. Kanu - Lagerback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by Sammiejokes(m): 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
I dey laugh at how blatter is playing politics, I like the man, African football association be my ally towards next FIFA election In 2015and get more slot. what blatter said is hypothetical, he is talking because of power hunger not because he lovs equity.
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
Sammiejokes: I dey laugh at how blatter is playing politics, I like the man, African football association be my ally towards next FIFA election In 2015and get more slot. what blatter said is hypothetical, he is talking because of power hunger not because he lovs equity.
Lol.. Na so Platini been play him own politics for UEFA, he promised to expand the UCL to the 'smaller/minor' leagues in Europe.
Anyway, I expect the NFF, Ghanaian FA et al to pick up the gauntlet and lobby for an additional slot for Africa. Afterall, the same FIFA awarded Africa an additional slot for the 2015 Womens world cup (3), despite the fact that an African team has only reached the knockout stage of that tournament once.
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by Polio: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
alexvatt: Sepp blatter is right

why do you think he is right? undecided
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by PurpleHouse(m): 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
0monnakoda:
What insult? That you should be quiet?You must be a very SENSITIVE BOY?. be quiet grin
SENSITIVE MAN? Clap for YourSelf! Displaying Maturity abi? Eeediat!
FIFA Rankings my A*****sss!
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by demolaprof(m): 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
I can sense some re-election gimmicks here. Why is he bringing this up when he making move to spend more time as fifa president. So pathetic.
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
This old Blatter is definitely running out of ideas. You want to make the World Cup uninteresting?
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by demolaprof(m): 10:04pm On Oct 26, 2013
I can sense some re-election gimmicks here. I don't think there ever was a time he clamoured for this since he assumed office in 1998. Why is he bringing this up at a time he is making a move to stay on as fifa president. So pathetic.
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by Tonylyte(m): 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2013
dedons: do you by chance know about the animal called...

IDDIOT
lol, truth hurt..y would smal boiz lyk ethiopia knuck ya hustle?
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by pareto(m): 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
Africa can only justify this if they get to quatre and semi finals of the world cup instead of just making up numbers and denying better people from Europe their slots.
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by Gbaragbara: 11:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ikenna94: dis is simply a political mv by fifa oatt.wen japan dey trash ghana,england dey whitewash algeria na him dey go take increaz africa slots. i hear
are you referring to Ghana's loss to Japan in a recent friendlily? Haba, it was just a friendlily!

you think Ghana will lose to japan in a competitive match? I trust Ghana to represent Africa well in Brazil, as usual. We expect at least a semi-final qualification. As for other African teams, I can't say much about them because apart from Senegal and Cameroon, none has a worlds cup pedigree.
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
pareto: Africa can only justify this if they get to quatre and semi finals of the world cup instead of just making up numbers and denying better people from Europe their slots.
European slots won't be reduced, it's likely the CONCACAF (North, Central America and the Carribbean) slots that will be reduced.
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 12:02am On Oct 27, 2013
PurpleHouse:
Eeediat!
FIFA Rankings my A*****sss!
You Faafa
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 12:12am On Oct 27, 2013
pareto: Africa can only justify this if they get to quatre and semi finals of the world cup instead of just making up numbers and denying better people from Europe their slots.
South America have been winning the world cup equally with Europe why don't they have the same number. The truth is Europe funds the World Cup. FIFA will get more money from European countries who will only buy TV rights if their countries are represented. As Africa gets richer they will get more slots.
Saying they should reach the semi-finals is like saying let us wait till Africans invent a cure for HIV before we allow them to study Medicine in universities. When Africa reaches 8 slots they will win the Cup.
Winning a cup is not just about who is better. Once you get past the group stage a lot of factors come into play. Europe is guaranteed to keep winning because they have nearly half of the slots. Imagine if they have the same number as South America

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by Rossikk(m): 3:30am On Oct 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
Slightly you say? Europe if far ahead of Africa.

Oh please spare me that crap. Name the European countries!! Apart from Spain, Germany, Italy and Holland, there is no team in Europe that is better than Zambia, Morocco, Senegal, Congo and other lower echelon African sides. As for the above-named European teams, any of Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana, or Cameroun could match them man for man on the field any day any time, with close scorelines that could go either way (so long as there is no cheating referee). So spare us that ''far ahead'' bollocks!! Was it not Nigeria that exposed ''far ahead'' Spain at the Confederations Cup, only to be let down by the absence of first team strikers? Anyone who watched that game knows Nigeria would have THRASHED Spain with our first team. So much for them being ''far ahead''.
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by PurpleHouse(m): 6:28am On Oct 27, 2013
0monnakoda: Your Faafa
Don't let me place a swear on you!!!!!!! You think its everydody that u just insult anyhow? What's the meaning of this? Are u d only one here? Are u mad? Is ur brain ok? Did ur GF dump u for ur bestfriend? Why all this hate? Do I know u some where? Are we mates? Next time u cross my path, I swear, u will realize that some swear can be very dangerous! I have warned you!!!! And please, stop quotin and stocking me!
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by Knaruto(m): 6:34am On Oct 27, 2013
You are a foolish person..dont you the US reached 2002 world cup quarter finals.....or lemme guess u were a kid then and didnt watch it...The likes of Mexico and costa rica are also frequent at the world cup.. Asia has reached the Semi-finals....so its Concacaf and Afc that sould be increased not Africa
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by hardbody: 8:22am On Oct 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
I agree with this because African teams have won the world under 17 cup and have done very well in underage competitions.

Could this achievement be ascribed to age falsification especially as those elderly under 17 players suddenly become too old to graduate into the next level of age competition
My point? Africa's performance in the age group competitions should not be a yardstick for measuring and determining whether or not to increase slots
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by saintNinoBran(m): 9:19am On Oct 27, 2013
Mehn it will be nice if dis idea and suggestions are put into consideration cos d equation is in-balanced.
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 9:21am On Oct 27, 2013
PurpleHouse:
Don't let me place a swear on you!!!!!!! You think its everydody that u just insult anyhow? What's the meaning of this? Are u d only one here? Are u mad? Is ur brain ok? Did ur GF dump u for ur bestfriend? Why all this hate? Do I know u some where? Are we mates? Next time u cross my path, I swear, u will realize that some swear can be very dangerous! I have warned you!!!! And please, stop quotin and stocking me!
Shh! Be quiet
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by Frankbaro(m): 9:41am On Oct 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
I agree with this because African teams have won the world under 17 cup and have done very well in underage competitions.
Because we always feature over aged players.
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by PurpleHouse(m): 9:47am On Oct 27, 2013
0monnakoda: Shh! Be quiet
Sometimes we don't just know when to let go!
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 11:18am On Oct 27, 2013
PurpleHouse:
Sometimes we don't just know when to let go!
Quiet! people with brains are talking
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by PurpleHouse(m): 11:43am On Oct 27, 2013
0monnakoda: Quiet! people with brains are talking
yes Boss! You Ok Now? Does that make you Happy?
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 11:46am On Oct 27, 2013
PurpleHouse:
yes Boss! You Ok Now? Does that make you Happy?
S**t up!
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by PurpleHouse(m): 11:51am On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 11:51am On Oct 27, 2013
Quiet. Stop making noise. You are unruly
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by PurpleHouse(m): 11:55am On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 11:56am On Oct 27, 2013
PurpleHouse:
Your Moddar! Thunder fire u! I am unruly? No! I am unpencil nko? I dey warn u since! Lookin for trouble on a sunday! Bastard!
be quiet you have nothing to say
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by PurpleHouse(m): 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
0monnakoda: be quiet you have nothing to say
Yeah! I have nothing to say anymore! Have spoken my mind and am sorry for the insults! You can go ahead and make more fun of ya self! U don't exist in my dictionary anymore! Once again! Sorry for the insults, had no choice but u made me do it! Peace!
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
PurpleHouse:
Yeah! I have nothing to say anymore! Have spoken my mind and am sorry for the insults! You can go ahead and make more fun of ya self! U don't exist in my dictionary anymore! Once again! Sorry for the insults, had no choice but u made me do it! Peace!
Feel free to insult you can only speak from the bounty of your mind which is clearly impoverished. When you have nothing to say learn to keep shtum! I am disappointed that you don't have the courage to stand by your insults but delete them like a scurrilous and cowardly scurrying rodent
Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by Fayrouzz(m): 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
Tolexander: We don't need more slots.
He wants us to be disgraced abi?
Hahahha.. U funny ooo.. I jst dey laugh grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Liverpool Finally Drop Points At Home To End Their 100% Home Record Attempt / Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity / Jarus FC Vs Social Media Fc (4 - 3) On 27th April 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.