Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Obiano Floors Ngige In First Anambra Guber Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Floors Ngige In First Anambra Guber Debate (1016 Views)

Chris Ngige In Zambia At ARLAC 42nd Ordinary Session (Photos) / NUJ Guber Debate: Okorocha Leaves Opponent Confused(pics) / Anambra Youth Stone, Boo Ngige’s In Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Floors Ngige In First Anambra Guber Debate by awodman: 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Chief Willie Obiano, APGA candidate for the November 16,2013 gubernatorial election in Anambra State proved
cynics wrong Friday when he put up a sterling performance that the audience unanimously agreed eclipsed the performance of a far more experienced Senator Chris Ngige of the APC in a debate organised by Silverbird Television ƒσя the candidates in Awka.

The APGA candidate who was widely reported to have been recently beaten in a “debate” in the US by the Labour Party candidate, Ifeanyi Ubah, shrugged off his underdog status to outshine his rivals in a debate where Ubah, the debate wonder kid, was strangely absent.

The debate which was expected to begin at 4pm was
seriously delayed as only Obiano arrived the venue 15
minutes to kick-off time while the APC candidate arrived 45 minutes later when the debate had far progressed beyond the introductory stage to the question and answer session.

The APC candidate's arrival was pointedly noisy as the
chants of his entourage disrupted the debate and drew
snide remarks and mild protests from the audience who
felt that a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria owed
the members of his constituency a more decorous conduct
The conduct of the Labour Party candidate was even worse as Mr. Ifeanyi Ubah who is widely rumoured to have gone broke before the Polling Day with a heavy debt burden and constant harassment by the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON), deliberately shied away from the debate.

Obiano's high performance came from his brilliant
demonstration of a deep understanding of the current
revenue position of the state and his idea of what to do to
move the state forward. Reeling out cold facts and
statistics, the retired banker held the audience spellbound with his profound understanding of what the state currently generates in internal revenue, how much trickles in from the federal government in monthly revenue and how these monies are distributed to solve the state's development problems.

“I have years of experience in banking. I understand
international finance. My running mate, Dr. Nkem Okonkwo has a PhD in monetary economist. When we take a trip to the United Nations and the donor agencies, we know what to say to make them support development efforts in Anambra State. But this is not the same with my good friend, Chris Ngige. If he arrives the UN with his crowd singing his praises as usual, they will chase them out of the hall,” Obiano argued to a thunderous applause.

Chief Obiano's comment was in response to Senator
Ngige's untidy claims on the state of revenue generation in Anambra State. Obiano had promptly dismissed Ngige's claims as far from the truth, reminding the audience that they could actually carry out a quick google search on the subject matter right from their seats. The audience saw in Obiano's response the readiness of 21st Century leader who knew that the electorate can no longer be lied to in the manner of the politicians of old.

The APGA candidate also drew a loud ovation with the way he handled the question of his widely reported secret
agreement with the National Chairman of APGA to hand the treasury of Anambra State over to him in exchange for electoral victory. Dismissing the document as an effort by his rivals who had been hard-pressed to find a chink in his armour, Obiano argued that after spending 30 years in the Nigerian private sector his signature could be verified in so many public documents and that the signature on the purported agreement had no resemblance with his real signature.

Although Senator Ngige made comical attempts to explain his lateness to the event by blaming it on the bad
condition of roads in the state, his performance failed to
elicit the applause he had hoped for because people felt
offended by his lateness which could not be placed on the poor state of roads in the state.

The APC candidate also drew derisive laughter and chants
of “Lie! Lie!” from the audience when in a response to the
question of his largely poor performance in the Senate, he
announced that he tabled 10 Bills before the upper
legislative house.

The debate which was moderated by Uzonna Ononye who hosts Politicalscope on Silverbird television attracted only 4 out of the 6 candidates originally invited to take part with Ifeanyi Ubah as the most prominent absentee.

Other candidates that took part in the debate are Professor Ben Akanegbu of UPP and Godson Okoye United
Democratic Party

www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/127470/1/obiano-floors-ngige-in-first-anambra-guber-debate.html
Re: Obiano Floors Ngige In First Anambra Guber Debate by seanet02: 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
See propaganda by Adaobi team
Re: Obiano Floors Ngige In First Anambra Guber Debate by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
Even without the debate we all know that Obiano is light years ahead of Ngige and Uba. I have heard the man speak and he oozes with intelligence and polish. Here is a man who went to school,graduated and worked himself to wealth. Dude is too bbbadt.....AKPOKUE DIKE NA AGULU-ERI!

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Floors Ngige In First Anambra Guber Debate by hercules07: 11:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Even without the debate we all know that Obiano is light years ahead of Ngige and Uba. I have heard the man speak and he oozes with intelligence and polish. Here is a man who went to school,graduated and worked himself to wealth. Dude is too bbbadt.....AKPOKUE DIKE NA AGULU-ERI!

I believe Ngige studied medicine, is that also not being educated? I wish the best for Anambra people, I hope it is Ngige that will carry the day but, the important thing is the vote of the people there.
Re: Obiano Floors Ngige In First Anambra Guber Debate by slimghost(m): 11:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
Am not surprised though! It was expected!
Re: Obiano Floors Ngige In First Anambra Guber Debate by oboy3(m): 12:16am On Oct 26, 2013
lies lies and more lies
believe this and believe anything
i checked the source and lo and behold it was the same joshua eze who lied that ngige beat a revd father
can any truth come out from somebody like that?smdh

1 Like

Re: Obiano Floors Ngige In First Anambra Guber Debate by Brimmie(m): 12:27am On Oct 26, 2013
Lol.. Na Una Know o!!
Re: Obiano Floors Ngige In First Anambra Guber Debate by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 26, 2013
Stoopid article full of lies! In on breath the writer of the article said Ifeanyi Uba-the wonder kid of the first debate in USA was strangely absent....while also saying almost immediately that his performance was Lacklustre. So an individual who didn't come to the debate at all could yet post a dismal performance

Silly liars!

(1) (Reply)

Anambra:Amaechi Declared Public HolidayTo Help APC Candidate,PDP Alleges. / Nelson Mandela To Be Buried Dec 15 / Many Of The Key Leaders In Political Parties Will Go Down In 2014,” TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.