Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Thank God For Dino Melaye's Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank God For Dino Melaye's Life (439 Views)

Senator Dino Melaye And His Vintage Car Spotted In Maitama [photos] / Nigerians Come For Dino Melaye For Following Toyin Saraki To EFCC Office -photos / Bisi Ibidapo-Obe Is Pregnant For Dino Melaye, He Wants Her To Abort It” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thank God For Dino Melaye's Life by Olaedo1: 4:10am On Oct 26, 2013
[size=15pt]Thank God for Dino Melaye's Life[/size]

by Kelechi Deca

We live in a very difficult time. So difficult that one can hardly focus on one thing without focusing on the other, and the more you focus on one, the greater the temptation to also focus on others.

I am threading a path many Nigerian commentators are not convenient with and would rather not venture. I also know in view of the most trending issue in town, some would not give themselves the opportunity to understand this post and also join me in this crusade to know those who are with us,and those who are not with us, but may not necessarily be against us.

For the avoidance of doubt, I vehemently condemn the acquisition of two BMW bullet proof cars by the NCAA for the amount reported. I am not against top public officers whose lives are threatened to take measures aimed at protecting their lives, but such measures must fall within what the law guarantees. But buying a car that is more expensive than the Cardillac 1, that Obama drives which is the most sophisticated amoured vehicle on earth, or the Jaguar that David Cameron uses, is way out of the calculation. Having said that, let me move to the subject of this post.

In April, when an assassination attempt was made on the life of Hon.(Otunba) Dino Melaye. I wrote condemning the act in its entirety but the bug of my profession could not allow me to ask how come a member of the House of Representative owns a Bentley Continental Flying Spur,if I am not mistaken. His saviour in that attempt was that that Bentley was superbly bulletproofed . I thought such cars are for the Aristos, yet the members of NASS claim there is no money in that chambers.

I may be very wrong then and now, because I do not know what the Honourable was engaged in before he came to NASS. He may have had an import license or oil bloc being a key member of the ruling PDP, then. But if anyone knows what his business was before he went to Abuja, kindly educate me,so that I wont continue to wallow in my ignorance. He may have acquired so much legitimately to support his awesome lifestyle. I was also informed,relibly so, that apart from the Bentley, he also owns more than 7 other high end luxury wheels, the ones I like so much, such as a 2012 Porsche Carera, A 2011 Land Rover Sport Signature,another Porsche Cayeene, among other awesome wonders on wheels.

It is important that Nigerians know those who are for them and those who are with them. I have pointed this out severally that the cost of running government in this land is exorbitantly worrisome.If Otunba Melaye made this much for the few years he was in the house, it means that people like Senator Uche Chukwumerije and Hon Femi Gbajabiamila who have been there all along have amassed enough to own a country of their own.

Nigeria is unarguably one of the most corrupt countries in the world. How I wish we have the courage to do what is going on in China where even the judiciary is in tandem with the executive,thats why Bo Xilai will still go to jail. If it where in Nigeria, Bo would have got an injunction from a court barring everybody from harassing them. Thats why we have as many thieves moving around freely than, innocent men and women. A country where the best option left for pubic officials is to steal as much as they can steal, and keep some by the side,to buy as many judges as they can,so they can get a perpetual injunction to enforce their 'fundamental' human rights. Do these thieves who want to have their human rights enforced know that their actions in office were denials of the fundamental human rights of other citizens of this country.

Nigeria is fast becoming the Frankenstein monster consuming its very young, is this nation sustainable?

I cant afford to look at the messages alone, good as they are,I am also tempted to look at the messengers. I may be wrong, but this is my take.

Best regards.

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Dino Melaye's Life by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 26, 2013
One day Nigerians will rise up and tell these set of hypocrites politicians their real position in the society. I feel so bad for my beloved country!

(1) (Reply)

UK Border Agency Backs Down On £3,000 Immigration Bond / Emergency Rule Extension: It’s Declaration Of War On Adamawa - Nyako / Anambra Governorship Poll : APC Accuses Inec Staff Of Being Bias.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.