Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,680 members, 7,955,512 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:01 AM

La Liga VS Epl - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / La Liga VS Epl (2023 Views)

PHOTOS: Alex Song & Gerard Pique Fight During The Celebration Of LA LIGA Triumph / English Premier League Can't Be Better Than La Liga / Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

La Liga VS Epl by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 26, 2013
The likes of Jesus Navas and Alvaro Negredo
have joined Manchester City and Iago Aspas
and Luis Alberto have joined Liverpool whilst
Tottenham have also signed Roberto Soldado and last summer there was
Michu who was Swansea’s top scorer. In
summer’s passed there was Juan Mata, David
Silva, Sergio Ageuro, and Santi Cazorla,just to mention but a few but they
all came from Spanish teams that don’t
compete for the title in Spain.
Almost invariably the Premier League’s imports
from La Liga are from clubs not considered
title contenders – the above transferred this
summer from Sevilla, Celta, Sevilla and
Valencia, respectively, where the top teams in
La Liga, Barcelona and Real Madrid have
tended to pinch players from England’s top
teams – Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal
and Liverpool, predominantly and, crucially,
oftentimes at the peak of their careers.
It’s also important to note that very few of this
summer’s most coveted players have selected
the Premier League as their destination of
choice. Radamel Falcao, Neymar,Bale, Isco, and
James Roderiguez all opted for Spain or for
France and the Bundesliga has emerged as the
most effective talent production facility there
is.
Looking at last season’s top four, not one ‘big
name’ superstar player or even one member of
a regular starting XI has come from Real
Madrid or Barcelona to a Premier League club
other than Yaya Toure who is the only notable
exception.
D last time man u(epl champions) played agaisnt a la liga team other dan real sociedad dey were beaten 4-1 i.e against sevilla nd even in d match against sociedad it was just a lucky own goal dat enabled man u to win.Chelsea wich is a top epl team were hammered 4-1 by Athletico madrid;not to even talk abt d whoppin epl teams av received from barca nd madrid.Yet they say la liga is weaker than epl.So i will like to hear u guys opinion because i strongly disagree dat epl is beta dan la liga
Re: La Liga VS Epl by bastien: 11:00am On Oct 26, 2013
U can't compare both league,they are good and better,but not la liga to EPL,u should hv compare,german or italian league to EPL. EPL remains the most watched league in the world,with many tv right,making a profit of €487m while la liga wit €102m!
Also In Spain now, it’s more tactical, I think –
more boring. For me, Barcelona and Madrid are so far ahead
from the rest.
‘But in England it’s far more level, more competitive. For me,
it’s better. It’s possible, for example, that Manchester City
play against Cardiff and lose. In Spain, it’s normal that Real
Madrid play against Real Mallorca and win, win, win – it’s
very difficult for other teams.
Re: La Liga VS Epl by bastien: 11:32am On Oct 26, 2013
league champions since 1980-present

La liga
Real Madrid 12
Real sociedad 2
Athletic bilbao 2
Barcelona 13
Athletico madrid 1
Deportivo 1
Valencia 2

EPL
Liverpool 6
Aston villa 1
Everton 2
Leeds united 1
Blackburn 1
Man city 1
Chelsea 4
Arsenal 5
Man U 14

EPL all d way,there is competition
Re: La Liga VS Epl by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
am not talkin abt most watched nd even if i was talkin abt d most watched ; den el clasico wich is a la liga fixture is even d most watched
Re: La Liga VS Epl by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
bastien: U can't compare both league,they are good and better,but not la liga to EPL,u should hv compare,german or italian league to EPL. EPL remains the most watched league in the world,with many tv right,making a profit of €487m while la liga wit €102m!
Also In Spain now, it’s more tactical, I think –
more boring. For me, Barcelona and Madrid are so far ahead
from the rest.
‘But in England it’s far more level, more competitive. For me,
it’s better. It’s possible, for example, that Manchester City
play against Cardiff and lose. In Spain, it’s normal that Real
Madrid play against Real Mallorca and win, win, win – it’s
very difficult for other teams.
but dont forget dat d so called man u were flogged 4-1 by a small la liga team(sevilla)..definately epl has higher tv right income but wen it comes to statistics in reference to football i.e short accuracy etc,la liga has a much beta stake nd dats d reason dey r d league wit d highest numba of champions league trophies nd if u doubt me den goggle it
Re: La Liga VS Epl by bastien: 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
Fine real madrid vs Barca is world view match......but I said world watched league!!!!

How u judge ur own tin,how dose Sevilla. or Bilbao winning Man U shows how good la liga is,? Chelsea,Arsenal hv win barca,
In terms of referring EPL
In terms of good players EPL
In terms of pitch EPL
In terms of managers EPL
In terms of good football EPL
In terms of commenting EPL
In terms of competition EPL

Well if u don't knw,EPL is the most successful league in the world can't b compared!!!
Re: La Liga VS Epl by ba7man(m): 1:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
The screen display graphics, the match build-up, the commentary, the match analysis, the match hype in the EPL is out of this world.

No matter how good the football played in the La Liga is, their boring presentation kills it.

That line-up display of the EPL with the players turning around to line up side-by-side alone is enough to keep you glued to the screen.

Also, After Barcelona and Real-Madrid, what's left of the La-Liga?? I'm a Man-Utd fan but I'll still watch a Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Swansea, Man city and West-brom match any day its on.

I don't see any Nigerian itching to watch a Real Valladolid match.
Re: La Liga VS Epl by bastien: 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2013
ba7man: The screen display graphics, the match build-up, the commentary, the match analysis, the match hype in the EPL is out of this world.

No matter how good the football played in the La Liga is, their boring presentation kills it.

That line-up display of the EPL with the players turning around to line up side-by-side alone is enough to keep you glued to the screen.

Also, After Barcelona and Real-Madrid, what's left of the La-Liga?? I'm a Man-Utd fan but I'll still watch a Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Swansea, Man city and West-brom match any day its on.

I don't see any Nigerian itching to watch a Real Valladolid match.
bros help me tell am.....grin grin grin
Re: La Liga VS Epl by dayokanu(m): 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2013
bastien: Fine real madrid vs Barca is world view match......but I said world watched league!!!!

How u judge ur own tin,how dose Sevilla. or Bilbao winning Man U shows how good la liga is,? Chelsea,Arsenal hv win barca,
In terms of referring EPL
In terms of good players EPL
In terms of pitch EPL
In terms of managers EPL
In terms of good football EPL
In terms of commenting EPL
In terms of competition EPL

Well if u don't knw,EPL is the most successful league in the world can't b compared!!!

Good refereeing in the league we have Howard Webb, Graham Poll and Clattenbutt?

Good players? When was the last time any EPL player made top 3 in Ballon D or

Good managers? Which good manager Is it David Moyes or Brendan Rodgers or who?

Good football? Is Police ball non tactical football what you call Good football?

Which competition do you see in EPL a League where Man Utd wins almost always. Since 2005 Man U and Chelsea have been alternating it save for the Man City brief interruption
Re: La Liga VS Epl by Katsumoto: 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
dayokanu:

Good refereeing in the league we have Howard Webb, Graham Poll and Clattenbutt?

Good players? When was the last time any EPL player made top 3 in Ballon D or

Good managers? Which good manager Is it David Moyes or Brendan Rodgers or who?

Good football? Is Police ball non tactical football what you call Good football?

Which competition do you see in EPL a League where Man Utd wins almost always. Since 2005 Man U and Chelsea have been alternating it save for the Man City brief interruption

The EPL is more competitive than La Liga. Only 9 teams have won the Title in Spain while 23 teams have won it in England.
The EPL has more viewership
La Liga has more technically gifted players

Mourinho, Pelegrini, Pochettino are good coaches. AVB has won the Portuguese league as well as Europa cup. Mourinho has won titles in England, Spain, Portugal, and Italy as well as 3 Champions League trophies.

Wenger has won 3 titles in England, France, and Japan. I have not include Laudrup who has won a title in Denmark. Who are the title winning coaches in La Liga?

Despite Spanish football being more technical, the premiership is more exciting. Global viewership numbers don't lie.
Re: La Liga VS Epl by dayokanu(m): 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2013
^^ Just like many people watch the circus. Exciting doesnt mean quality E.g WWF

Mentioning good coaches and including Pocchetino? really? How low can you go?

Wenger thats reverred in England wont keep a job for 3 seasons in Spain especially if he is trophyless like he has been for 8yrs

Tell us where Mourinho won his 3rd Champions League.

Mourinho won 2 CL just like Ancelloti

AVB won UEFA cup just like Diego Simeone

Ancelotti has won titles in Italy, England and France

Simeone has won titles in Argentina, Martino Barca coach has won titles in Paraguay and was once South American coach of the year
Re: La Liga VS Epl by Afam4eva(m): 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2013
Obviously the La Liga thumps every league in the world and their record speaks volume. The EPL doesn't even come close. Just look at the players from average La Liga teams who have gone to the premiership to dominate and compare them to the best in the premiership who have gone to the La Liga. Also, the La Liga has produced more world best players in the world than the premiership.

1 Like

Re: La Liga VS Epl by Katsumoto: 6:21pm On Oct 28, 2013
dayokanu: ^^ Just like many people watch the circus. Exciting doesnt mean quality E.g WWF

Mentioning good coaches and including Pocchetino? really? How low can you go?

Wenger thats reverred in England wont keep a job for 3 seasons in Spain especially if he is trophyless like he has been for 8yrs

Tell us where Mourinho won his 3rd Champions League.

Mourinho won 2 CL just like Ancelloti

AVB won UEFA cup just like Diego Simeone

Ancelotti has won titles in Italy, England and France

Simeone has won titles in Argentina, Martino Barca coach has won titles in Paraguay and was once South American coach of the year

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are correct, I added an extra CL for Mourinho. Wenger has won titles in 3 different countries and only Ancelotti is more successful than him.

But by titles, There are more successful coaches in England. We are debating European football and you are including titles from South America. grin grin grin grin

I see you ignored completely the non-competitive nature of La Liga.

I am only telling it as it is. I watch both leagues and I did admit that La Liga does have better technical players. But you don't always have to put down things/players from England.
Re: La Liga VS Epl by dayokanu(m): 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are correct, I added an extra CL for Mourinho. Wenger has won titles in 3 different countries and only Ancelotti is more successful than him.

But by titles, There are more successful coaches in England. We are debating European football and you are including titles from South America. grin grin grin grin

I see you ignored completely the non-competitive nature of La Liga.

I am only telling it as it is. I watch both leagues and I did admit that La Liga does have better technical players. But you don't always have to put down things/players from England.

You included titles won by Wenger from japan abi Japan is now part of Europe ni. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Non competitive how?

Barcelona and Madrid are 3 of the top 4 clubs in Europe and if they both play i the EPL the results would be the same. Just like Messi and Ronaldo are the best players in La Liga, If you bring them to EPL they would still remain the 2 best players

Dont you see how La Liga average players suddenly turn to household names in EPL?

This season na Ozil last yr it was Michu and Cazorla, 2 yrs ago na Aguero and Mata before than Na Silva

England is not where the media thinks they are So its not like we are putting them down its because in football they are average.

Didnt you see England number 1 goalkeeper that was heralded as one of the best in Europe putting up a show of shame?
Re: La Liga VS Epl by Katsumoto: 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
dayokanu:

You included titles won by Wenger from japan abi Japan is now part of Europe ni. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Non competitive how?

Barcelona and Madrid are 3 of the top 4 clubs in Europe and if they both play i the EPL the results would be the same. Just like Messi and Ronaldo are the best players in La Liga, If you bring them to EPL they would still remain the 2 best players

Dont you see how La Liga average players suddenly turn to household names in EPL?

This season na Ozil last yr it was Michu and Cazorla, 2 yrs ago na Aguero and Mata before than Na Silva

England is not where the media thinks they are So its not like we are putting them down its because in football they are average.

Didnt you see England number 1 goalkeeper that was heralded as one of the best in Europe putting up a show of shame?

You are a comedian I swear.

You call Ozil, Silva, Aguero, Mata average players? Something is wrong with you Dayo.

Wenger has won titles in England and France, I only included Japan to show he has also won outside Europe. If Simeone and Martino win in Europe we will elevate them on the basis of winning in multiple countries.

England as a team is average but the EPL is not average. The EPL is also better than the Bundesliga. The Bundesliga is only better than the EPL in that it is a better managed league. German clubs are well managed but the Bundesliga is dull. grin grin grin grin grin grin

For excitement, you can't match the EPL. The EPL today is what Seria A was in the 90s.

And yes Hart is a joke of a keeper.
Re: La Liga VS Epl by bastien: 10:01pm On Oct 28, 2013
Well I can see u guys are judging by sentiments,how will u call players in EPL average?

1 said,many players from la liga come to the EPL and shine! Why won't they shine,if u are good u can play in any league,many of those player shine because they wanna show the world there worth,u don't expect a player of £15-£42m not to show his worth. Henry,Van Nistenrooy,C.Ronaldo,Bale(yet 2 prov his worth),mascherano,pique,song,vela,zokora,fabregas etc hv all performed well in la liga! "Well using that to judge is nothing" talking about coaches,I presumed u all knw d ansa! Also talkin abt d officials,u can't compare at all,howard webb is FIFA's number one! Also with mike dean! (Watched d el clasico,ronaldo was brought down n d ref throws is face away,favouring barca)

Since the history of la liga 9team has won the trophy

While 23team has won the EPL,d difference is clear
Re: La Liga VS Epl by dayokanu(m): 1:12am On Oct 29, 2013
Fabregas Song who were superstars in epl are now mediocre players in la liga
Re: La Liga VS Epl by Afam4eva(m): 1:16am On Oct 29, 2013
Katsumoto:

You call Ozil, Silva, Aguero, Mata average players? Something is wrong with you Dayo.

Wenger has won titles in England and France, I only included Japan to show he has also won outside Europe. If Simeone and Martino win in Europe we will elevate them on the basis of winning in multiple countries.

England as a team is average but the EPL is not average. The EPL is also better than the Bundesliga. The Bundesliga is only better than the EPL in that it is a better managed league. German clubs are well managed but the Bundesliga is dull. grin grin grin grin grin grin

For excitement, you can't match the EPL. The EPL today is what Seria A was in the 90s.

They may not be average players but when they were in the La Liga they were not really talked about which means they didn't represent the best in the la Liga. But in the premiership, they're been worshiped. This has always been a recurring decimal for pseudo good players who move from the La Liga to the premiership.

And pls, this is not about which league is more exciting(whatever that means). We're talking quality(of players, clubs, coaches etc). Let's call a spade a spade.
Re: La Liga VS Epl by Afam4eva(m): 1:17am On Oct 29, 2013
dayokanu: Fabregas Song who were superstars in epl are now mediocre players in la liga
Micheal Owen was one of the best strikers in the EPL. He went to the La Liga and his ass became flat after sitting on the bench for too long.
Re: La Liga VS Epl by Afam4eva(m): 1:19am On Oct 29, 2013
bastien: Well I can see u guys are judging by sentiments,how will u call players in EPL average?

1 said,many players from la liga come to the EPL and shine! Why won't they shine,if u are good u can play in any league,many of those player shine because they wanna show the world there worth,u don't expect a player of £15-£42m not to show his worth. Henry,Van Nistenrooy,C.Ronaldo,Bale(yet 2 prov his worth),mascherano,pique,song,vela,zokora,fabregas etc hv all performed well in la liga! "Well using that to judge is nothing" talking about coaches,I presumed u all knw d ansa! Also talkin abt d officials,u can't compare at all,howard webb is FIFA's number one! Also with mike dean! (Watched d el clasico,ronaldo was brought down n d ref throws is face away,favouring barca)

The bolded proves that the EPL is full of average teams. There's not much between teams in the EPL, that's why you'll have trophies moving around like ashewo.
Re: La Liga VS Epl by dayokanu(m): 2:37am On Oct 29, 2013
Katsumoto:

Only ozil would be a top rated La Liga player of that lot

The others are average to above average

The stars of La Liga are Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, Iniesta, Xavi, Ozil, Ramos, Busquets etc in almost that order

How can anyone say the Bundesliga is dull? The BL averages more goals per game than any top league in Europe. EPL is the definition of boring especially when you have teams like Chelsea, Stoke City, Man City in top flight
Re: La Liga VS Epl by dayokanu(m): 2:39am On Oct 29, 2013
bastien: Also talkin abt d officials,u can't compare at all,howard webb is FIFA's number one! Also with mike dean! (Watched d el clasico,ronaldo was brought down n d ref throws is face away,favouring barca)

An EPL ref Graham Poll was the first ref to give a player 3 yellow cards at the world cup.

Everyone knows Howard Webb is a Man utd referee with blatant bias shown everytime
Re: La Liga VS Epl by bastien: 7:09am On Oct 29, 2013
dayokanu: Fabregas Song who were superstars in epl are now mediocre players in la liga
I disagree,well I don't know ur own definition of mediocre,in any way u are wrong,song can't just break in2 that squad just like that which we all know,bside,he played 20match last season scoring 1,Fabregas hv been playing..........the truth is clear,EPL is far better than la liga,cum rain cum shine!

Let's b truthful 4 once
Re: La Liga VS Epl by bastien: 7:35am On Oct 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
The bolded proves that the EPL is full of average teams. There's not much between teams in the EPL, that's why you'll have trophies moving around like ashewo.
seems like u don't really know what competition is,or u just using sentiment to judge

Italian league has 14 champions all tyms
Bundesliga has 26 champions and u wanna call those league are full of average players abi? Smh
Re: La Liga VS Epl by bastien: 7:41am On Oct 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Only ozil would be a top rated La Liga player of that lot

The others are average to above average

The stars of La Liga are Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, Iniesta, Xavi, Ozil, Ramos, Busquets etc in almost that order

How can anyone say the Bundesliga is dull? The BL averages more goals per game than any top league in Europe. EPL is the definition of boring especially when you have teams like Chelsea, Stoke City, Man City in top flight
EPL is boring? Are u okay at all? Well I don't think so, none of the midfielders in la liga can match Lampard records let alone Gerrand, or any defender that is far better dan vidic,terry,Ferdinand,Agger,Kompany etc,and u calling dem average abi? Pls get ur points ryt
Re: La Liga VS Epl by bastien: 7:54am On Oct 29, 2013
dayokanu:

An EPL ref Graham Poll was the first ref to give a player 3 yellow cards at the world cup.

Everyone knows Howard Webb is a Man utd referee with blatant bias shown everytime
like wise barca ref Undiano Mallenco
Re: La Liga VS Epl by dayokanu(m): 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
bastien: I disagree,well I don't know ur own definition of mediocre,in any way u are wrong,song can't just break in2 that squad just like that which we all know,bside,he played 20match last season scoring 1,Fabregas hv been playing..........the truth is clear,EPL is far better than la liga,cum rain cum shine!
Let's b truthful 4 once

Fabregas and Song were godlike figures in the EPL

In Spain Song is a benchwarmer and Fabregas is just another passenger on the field

He isnt even among the top 5 players in Barcelona
Re: La Liga VS Epl by dayokanu(m): 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2013
bastien: EPL is boring? Are u okay at all? Well I don't think so, none of the midfielders in la liga can match Lampard records let alone Gerrand, or any defender that is far better dan vidic,terry,Ferdinand,Agger,Kompany etc,and u calling dem average abi? Pls get ur points ryt

Agger, Kompany are very average its only in EPL that they shine due to the mediocre opponents they face.

When Kompany faced Bayern 4weeks ago he was disgraced

Which record does Lampard have? Lampard would not play for Barcelona same with Gerrard unless they would play defence like Song and mascherano

La Liga doesnt play untalented midfielders thats why Song and Mascherano have been shifted to defence and Fabregas cant play in midfield

Its only EPL where unskilled players like Lampard play in the midfield
Re: La Liga VS Epl by dayokanu(m): 3:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
bastien: like wise barca ref Undiano Mallenco

Show us where Undiano has given one player 3 yellow cards in a single game at the world cup
Re: La Liga VS Epl by Katsumoto: 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Fabregas and Song were godlike figures in the EPL

In Spain Song is a benchwarmer and Fabregas is just another passenger on the field

He isnt even among the top 5 players in Barcelona

This is an illogical comparison.

Barca is a team of stars and it currently has the best player in the world. Bayern has one of the best teams at the moment, how many of its star players would make top 5 at Barca apart from Ribery? Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Xavi, Pique will work into any team in the world, considering individual ability alone.

Second Fabregas and Song moved from the 3rd or 4th best team in the EPL to the best team in the world. Spain has two of the best 5 teams in the world but that doesn't mean jack. The last time a team outside of Barcelona and Madrid won La Liga was in 2003; 10 freaking years ago.
Re: La Liga VS Epl by dayokanu(m): 4:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
Katsumoto

Benitez won the la Liga with Valencia in 2004 the same yr Arsenal last won the EPL

Bayern stars that would make top 5 in Barca include Neuer, Robben, Ribery. Pique wont make a Bayern team

Bayern players like Lahm(Alvez), Alaba(Alba) Neuer(Valdez), Robben(Sanchez), Ribery(Neymar) have a very good chance of making it into a Barclona team

It's not for nothing that Bayern beat this same Barcelona 7-0 less than 5months ago

Fabregas was made PFA team of the year twice while in England now in La Liga he wont feature in a La Liga best 11 of any season

Nevermind Alex Song.

Top EPL players who have made it in La Liga in recent yrs are Ruud Nistelrooy and Ronaldo. Other range from poor to mediocre to just there
Re: La Liga VS Epl by Katsumoto: 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
Man city and Chelsea both have players that will get into the Barca team

Man city - Kompany, Zabaleta (better than Alvez), Toure (better than Busquets), Aguero, Silva, Hart (better than Valdez)

Chelsea - Cech (obviously), Ivanovic (better than Alvez), Oscar, Ramires (better than Busquets),

Eden, Harzard, Schurrle, Cole, Mata, are all capable substitutes for similar players in Barca.

There are great players in the premiership.

Only two teams in La Liga have ever won the champions league. 5 teams in the EPL have won it.

Between the years 1977 and 1982, only English teams won it and there were three of them.

Spain has won it 13 times, one more than England but Real Madrid won the first 5 when it didn't really matter. Its like saying Ethiopia is a great African footballing nation because it won the Nations cup in 1962. Second, At the height of Liverpool's dominance in Europe, they were banned; after the Heysel stadium tragedy. Without that, Liverpool would certainly have won more. In Liverpool's absence, Steau Bucharest, Porto, and PSV won. wink wink wink wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

UCL: Barcelona Vs Bate Borisov (4 - 0) On 6th December / Who Is Better: John O'shea Or John Obi Mikel? / Which Goalkeeper Can Stop Balotelli's Penalty?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.