Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,948 members, 7,956,576 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:26 PM

Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms (19489 Views)

A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State / Alcohol Is The Mother Of All Evils... / Why Is Pork Forbidden In Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms by Rilwayne001: 6:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jummymine:
[s] Rilwayne, are you a Muslim? If yes, then reaise tht in Islam, we are forbidden to speak of this religion without knowledge.
Alcohol is completely forbiden in Islam, by the Qur'aan, the Sunnah, the consensus of the scholars and by Qiyaas. it is one of the INCONTROVERTIBLE ISSUES or Islam, disputing of which is essentially apostasy from the faith.
This nonsensical claim is not made by any that has an inkling of knowledge of this religion. It is not a matter that is even up for discussion among Muslims on the faith. It is not even something to argue about.
PLEASE DO NOT ENDANGER YOUR FAITH BY JUST THROWING UP ANY CLAIM WHENEVER YOU WANT; THAT IS WHAT RUIneD COMPLETELY OTHER RELIGIONS.
yOUR STATEMENT, "I believe in d quran..i dNnt rely much on the hadith" SHOWS HOW IGNORANT OF THIS RELIGION YOU DEFINITELY ARE. In Islam, we follow, and we do not make our own rules. That's what Submission is about. Repent, and realise that Alllah determines His religion, not you with your little knowledge. You either decide to follow the religion, or else you are free to leave it please.
Thanks. [/s]

angry
Re: Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms by abduldope(m): 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2015
AlBaqir:

ANYTHING that affects human sensibility is classified "Intoxicant" and Islam forbids it. There are lots of philosophical reasons for that.

If you find it difficult to sleep and you've exhausted all intrinsic options, and if at all you must take drug, I will advice to consult physician.

# Codeine, Morphine, Diamorphine etc are classified under Opioid Analgesics or Narcotic analgesics. They are usually used for the relief of moderate to severe pain. However the opioid have been found to interact with several closely related receptors.

# Cocaine and all its derivatives, Procaine, Proxymetacaine etc are classified as Local Anaesthetic. These are compound which produce reversible loss of sensation by preventing or diminishing the conduction of sensory nerve impulses. Although some of these local anaesthetic could also be used to produce loss of pain without loss of nervous control.

In one word, all these things are dangerous. Islam only allow their use in severe cases. Its very unfortunate that drug abuse [without medical prescriptions] is rampant in Nigeria.

I am a chemist with years of pharmaceutical experience and pharm-related field so I know how it goes in this field [good, bad and conspiracy].
tnx 4 ur reply, wt i mean is i dont make use of it always. lets put it this way, mayb afta coming back frm wrk or afta a heavy duty wrk i.e weekends wchich i srzly need sleep, thaz wen i do make use of d syrup... bt anyway i wld try and fynd a way to stp
Re: Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms by ralphblac(m): 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Background: Some think that in Islam and The Quran
the substance alcohol is forbidden completely in all
forms, no matter the application or form.

Intoxicants are to be avoided according to The Quran:
O you who believe, intoxicants, and gambling, and
sacraments, and games of chance are foul tools used by
the devil. You shall avoid him so that you may be
successful. [5:90]

For example, the substance alcohol does have useful
properties (e.g. it is used in medicine, food production)
and can be used for these purposes:
They ask you about intoxicants and gambling. Say: In
both of them there is a great harm and some profit/
benefits for men, but their harm is greater than their
profit/benefits... [2:219]

From the fruits of the palm trees and the grapes you
make wine as well as a good provision. In that is a sign
for a people who reason. [16:67]

Thus, the substance alcohol is not banned, but it is
intoxication that is to be avoided. Interestingly, the
above verse provides a powerful message to reflect on,
i.e. we can use something in a positive way or in a
negative way, which one will we choose?
i think this dude need knowledge and guidance
Re: Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms by ademoladeji(m): 11:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
Is summary, what is bad is BAD...

Though, I do take alcohol buh it's clearly forbidden and I pray Allah make it easy for me to stop completely.
Re: Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 07, 2015
ademoladeji:
Is summary, what is bad is BAD...

Though, I do take alcohol buh it's clearly forbidden and I pray Allah make it easy for me to stop completely.

Mohammed ali once said "i do walk with lighter all the time, not that i smoke but whenever i am trying to do something forbidden by God Almighty(like your case is alcohol intake) i will light up the lighter then use it to burn my palm for like 10secs, then i will say to myself that, Ali since you cant bear this pain for 10secs, how can you bear eternity in hell? after saying this, i will quickly leave the prohibitted thing i was about to do" so sir do the needful, go get your own lighter cheesy grin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms by sirsid(m): 12:44am On Nov 07, 2015
Rilwayne001:
I believe in d quran..i dnt rely much on the hadith

U don't rely on the hadith and u are passing a Fatwa?, just like saying u don't rely on the prophet's words, Allah's aid is sought
Re: Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms by ademoladeji(m): 5:55am On Nov 07, 2015
lexiconkabir:
Mohammed ali once said "i do walk with lighter all the time, not that i smoke but whenever i am trying to do something forbidden by God Almighty(like your case is alcohol intake) i will light up the lighter then use it to burn my palm for like 10secs, then i will say to myself that, Ali since you cant bear this pain for 10secs, how can you bear eternity in hell? after saying this, i will quickly leave the prohibitted thing i was about to do" so sir do the needful, go get your own lighter cheesy grin.

It's no news to me as I know it well n I dnt need the lighter coz I knw the implication of my actions.

I'm only praying for total abstinence.

Thank you anyway for the reminder
Re: Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms by Kofohbobo: 9:43am On Nov 07, 2015
[quote author=ShaheedBinAliyu post=39750599][/quote]
Islam is a religion of knowledge so in islam we don't just follow, we seek for the knowledge of it.
Some scholars used to fool their followers that Islam is a religion where we just follow the rules and lead them astray such as the BOKO HARAM fighters.
So please make it known that Islam is a religion of knowledge as enjoined by Prophet Muhammed (saw).

1 Like

Re: Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms by babylolaroy(f): 10:03pm On Dec 13, 2015
zingywingy:
Sallam Aleikun. Am a Muslim too but i felt more with Quran.. Holy undiluted book than human reported Hadith. Quran is from Allah to Holy Prophet SAW. But hadith is from Holy Prophet SAW to someone that told someone that heard from someone.. Hmmm... Human beings and exaggeration can't be seperated.

Astagafrililahi

Even today, shias still believe that the quran is not complete. thats speaking of wen yu said quran is the only undiluted book. true. Buh when we talk abt ahaadith, you av several ways of verifying. there are sahihain. read vastly. ask. check to see if a narrator is a trusted one...if an hadith goes against the whole spirit of shariah, drop it...buh totally diabelieving in hadith is an evil we must not accept from anybody. the sohabas who died protecting this deen would do anything to av ahaadith with dem.....
Re: Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms by lebete3000: 12:31am On Dec 14, 2015
LagosShia:

alcohol consumption is prohibited in Islam.not even one drop is allowed to be tasted.medical use is permitted where needed.

verse 16:67 explains that from grape vine and palm trees one can derive both a good drink and also an intoxicating drink.it is therefore a sign from Allah (swt) for reasonable people to ponder upon.it is by no means saying that people should see both products as something good.it is just like saying "in the knife you derive both benefit (of using it in the kitchen) and also murder.this is a sign for a people who reason".does that saying permit murder?

fvck Allah...hahahaha!

Oya make una carry bomb com bomb me oh!

blood thirsty demons fighting for a god dat can't fight for himself and can't even talk to them...make una kill una sef jarey.

I need one fulani yayrinya to suck my d*ck and tessticles and den lick my anus as well...ahahahahah!
Re: Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms by lebete3000: 12:36am On Dec 14, 2015
babylolaroy:

Even today, shias still believe that the quran is not complete. thats speaking of wen yu said quran is the only undiluted book. true. Buh when we talk abt ahaadith, you av several ways of verifying. there are sahihain. read vastly. ask. check to see if a narrator is a trusted one...if an hadith goes against the whole spirit of shariah, drop it...buh totally diabelieving in hadith is an evil we must not accept from anybody. the sohabas who died protecting this deen would do anything to av ahaadith with dem.....

wetin be sohabas??

Abeg come here make I knack you akpaiko for dat your sweet yansh jarey!

hahahhahahaa!!! fvck Allah hahahahahahahahah!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) / Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy / 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.