Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested (31086 Views)

DSS Detains Ex-colonel Over Boko Haram / 128 Killed In Yobe Boko-Haram Attack / Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe B’haram Attacks Is Arrested By Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by atlwireles: 12:22am On Oct 27, 2013
A retired lieutenant colonel, who was said to have led the Boko Haram attacks on Damaturu, Yobe State, on Thursday was arrested by security forces during the encounter.

The retired army officer is being detained at a military facility.

It could not be ascertained as of the time of filing this report if he has been moved to Abuja for interrogation or not.

The Director of Army Public Relations, Brig. Gen. Ibrahim, had put the casualty figure on the part of the insurgents at 70 in a statement that was silent on the number of soldiers killed in the attack.

It was however, learnt that nine soldiers including a lieutenant and four policemen lost their lives in the attack.

“The retired lieutenant colonel was properly discharged from the Army and it was a big surprise when he was arrested and identified by those who knew him as a former officer,” an Army source said.

It was further learnt that the attack on security formations in Damaturu was to avenge the seizure of a truck containing military uniforms and arms by security forces.

The truck was seized last week when the driver objected to a search of the vehicle and he tendered a memo purportedly from the Defence Headquarters directing that the truck should not be searched.

The driver and other passengers were detained and the truck was impounded and parked at the Police Area Command, Guija Road, Damaturu, when the army camouflage and weapons were found inside it.

SUNDAY PUNCH further gathered that members of the sect are holding a medical doctor who was abducted while on duty at the Sani Abacha Hospital during the Thursday attack.

They also carted away drugs that were in the pharmacy of the medical facility and took away two ambulances belonging to the Damaturu General Hospital.

Security operatives are said to be looking for the doctor who is feared to have been taken to one of the enclaves of the sect in the North-East.

A security source said on Saturday that the Boko Haram members might have taken away the drugs for the purpose of giving medication to injured fighters of the group while the medical doctor might have been seized for the purpose of rendering medication to their injured members.

Meanwhile, the military on Saturday relaxed the 24 hours curfew imposed on Yobe State to nine hours.

When our correspondent contacted the Director of Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Chris Olukolade, he said, “Whatever you call it, we are capable of dealing with it decisively.

“We will continue to do the required adjustment both in approach and structure to respond appropriately and ensure that our duty to defend the country and the citizenry is discharged effectively.”

Punch.ng

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by atlwireles: 12:25am On Oct 27, 2013
be right back searching for 13volts

5 Likes

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by jhydebaba(m): 12:43am On Oct 27, 2013
Insider problems!!!

Corruption no go kill Naija finish undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by oluakadinma: 1:14am On Oct 27, 2013
I smell rat
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by bcomputer101: 5:15am On Oct 27, 2013
That Ex-colonel should face court martial.

This is my Judgment: please go and castrate him and throw his balls to dog.

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Wsdm: 5:23am On Oct 27, 2013
I pity the poor Nigerian army been killed everyday for an ungrateful country called Nigeria.
An ideological war have never been won through the gun, so Jonathan's method is archaic.
This war already have many faces;
* The boko haram boys,
* Those fighting back at the military for killing their innocent love ones,
* Those fighting the atrocities perpetrated by the military and
* The Ehejirika/Jonathan's political agenda.

9 Likes

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by favouredseed(f): 5:32am On Oct 27, 2013
He should be made to face d law
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by omenka(m): 5:46am On Oct 27, 2013
Not surprised an ex military personnel led the brutal assault. The strategy used this time in indeed very clever, pulling them out and then going behind their back to ravage and plunder their base!!

Amidst all these, Abuja is busy playing politics with this crises which poses an existential threat to the Republic.

We shall overcome someday.

6 Likes

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by AustineE1: 6:41am On Oct 27, 2013
...its obvious that the politics of Nigeria,sectional interest,APC-G7- PDP struggle are all influencing the war on terrorism in this damned country,in view of comments made by some people in this forum,it shows that some Nigerians will be happier if BokoHaram succeeds just to spite on GEJ or just to prove he has failed.A retired colonel was caught in the act and rather than comment on the import of this great strive by JTF,some dimwits are here defending 13volts,a perceived boko haram E-mole planted to garner sympathy from social-media with different monikers!....I thank God that a top gun has been caught,He must be made to sing,all forms of pyschological turture must be employed in this case,water boarding,sleep deprivation,psycho-loud-music system included!we must get to root of this national embarrassment called boko haram.

23 Likes

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by dridowu: 6:58am On Oct 27, 2013
Lot of ogas are d brain behind d BH, d man shd face d law without any interference
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Jeel: 7:09am On Oct 27, 2013
I trust Ihejirika on this
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Temismith(f): 7:24am On Oct 27, 2013
Na so!
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Omexonomy: 7:28am On Oct 27, 2013
I believe most people from south west who are far away from the spoils of BH are always praying day and night to see BH succed against gej.
If jtf killes BH in any combat you will see this people crying and shouting than the northerners.
If bh kills jtf they will use it as a rallying point to spite and insult gej .
I want somebody to convince me that 13 volts is not a westerner.

6 Likes

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by waleadex(m): 8:10am On Oct 27, 2013
The Nigerian government is still not telling us the truth about this BH. Well,time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Boll2010: 8:11am On Oct 27, 2013
So what as the topic done to you bunch of coward.....someone came here to tell you the state of NA military strengthen,n you dumbas!s came here to rant your rubbish.......them tell you say americans as!s wasn't burnt during their wars at iraq......but you won't see CNN showing that for you....cuz tell the military strengthn of a country is a form of loosing........that muthafu!cka 13volts need to be jailed....you here celebratin him.......if it was under proper military security do u think he would go scot free?will he not tracked from what he spewed here.....so I shld tank God for his life.....didn't he sign wit the govt servin with is last breath,whr was the oath of trust he took,you come here celebrating a coward who couldn't come to other soldiers rescue.....rubbish!!!!!!

9 Likes

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 27, 2013
One thing is clear here. Some norther soldiers/ex-soldiers are supporting boko haram nd making dis fight more difficult dan it shld be. Cameroonian soldiers wasted boko boys like flies without any air support.

7 Likes

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by BabaEleko(m): 8:46am On Oct 27, 2013
Firing squad asap.
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 27, 2013
Better
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Big4wig(m): 9:14am On Oct 27, 2013
Pls dis guy obviously doesn't deserve second chance,hope does bombs he dey organise still remain.pls exploded dis dude ....

A group of men gathered at a church conference on how to live in a loving relationship with their wives.
The men were asked, "How many of you love your wife ?"
All the men raised their hands. Then they were asked, "When was the last time you told your wife you love her ?"
Some men answered today, some yesterday, majority didn’t remember.
The men were then told to take
their cell phones and send the following text to their respective wives: I love you, sweetheart...
Then the men were told to exchange their phones so one can read the other wife's reply to the love message.
Here are some of the replies:
1. Have you impregnated someone again
2. That was then, not now
3. You wan borrow money abi?
4. What did you do again? I won’t forgive you this time.
5. Meaning?
6. Is that a new song?
7. Am I dreaming?
8. If you don’t tell me who this message is actually for, you will die today!
9. U dis man!! I asked you to stop drinking.
10. Abeg na who be this?

#BIGWIG

7 Likes

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Willgates(m): 9:16am On Oct 27, 2013
eeeeehhhh

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by princemolak(m): 9:17am On Oct 27, 2013
Ex colonel? its a pity
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Ryda(m): 9:25am On Oct 27, 2013
God punish devil...why the lies?
Assume dah truck has been seized by d Bokogang we don get another military set of terrorist for 9ja.
DOUBLE WAHALA FOR DEAD BODY.

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by joseph1832(m): 9:26am On Oct 27, 2013
If the trial of kabiru sokoto can linger then I will not be surprise that this man will suffer the same fate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amosun To Blame For Dangote Relocating Refinery To Lagos — Dapo Abiodun / Donald Duke: Atiku Has Been Contesting For President Since 1992 / Goodluck Jonathan Commissions Roads In Ikwere, Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.