Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... (1813 Views)

Reasons Why the Southeast wants Niger delta to join Biafra at all cost / FG To Link BVN With National ID Card By 2016 / The Reason For Southeast To Vote Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by seguun(m): 1:12am On Oct 27, 2013
Politics is a game, and in the game of politics there is no permanent enemy, no permanent friend, but permanent interest. With this mindset I believe any card that guarantees one's interest should be played without any reluctance.

The present situation with respects to the central power or the presidency is something that has eluded the southeast since after the civil war in the late 60s. Now I think is the best time for the igbos to negotiate their way into the aso rock in the near future. How do you go about this?

In the first place we all have to understand that nigeria is divided into the south and the north when its comes to the presidency either we like it or not. Also since the return to democracy in 1999, safe for the short time of yar'adua, the south has always been ruling. Currently an ijaw man is the president. Either he is re-elected in 2015 or loses, power is expected to shift to the north after him (what ohaneze is asking for is complete bullshit).

Now the igbos have a choice either to rule in the next eight years or in the next more than 30 years. The first choice is to negotiate with the north on the next election. That is, "hey guys we will vote for you with the signed agreement when power is returning back to the south in the next 8 years, you will give it to us". Obviously with the current desperate mood the north is in now, they will agree and sign the agreement. If the ijaws like let them term you a betrayer that's their problem. No body should put his destiny in the hands of other, remember in politics its your interest first before friendship.

The second choice leads to no where but perpetual cry of marginalization. If the igbos go ahead and vote the ijaw man in the coming election, either he wins or not, the north will be in power after him and rule for 8 years. The north knowing the position of the igbos towards them, will return power to their number one ally in the south the yorubas. Now after the 8 years of the yorubas which is the south (8+8=16),power will shift to the north again and that's another 8 years. Add this to the current 16. Who knows things may change before the it gets to 30 years though.

If the igbos agree to the first choice then put down a mechanism now to enforce the agreement when the time comes.
My advice in summary is face what is best for you and leave emotion and so called "fairness" and play politics like a game it is.
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by IGBOSON1: 2:27am On Oct 27, 2013
Nice try! wink

1 Like

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by seguun(m): 2:32am On Oct 27, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Nice try! wink
Thanks!
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by seguun(m): 7:18am On Oct 27, 2013
Funny! People view but refuse to comment
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by duwdu: 8:44am On Oct 27, 2013
seguun: Funny! People view but refuse to comment

May be because very few can effectively debunk most of what you've written? To me, you've written so simply but mostly sensibly and effectively.

BTW, I think you've reacted opposite to how I would have expected you to have responded to what I see as IGBO-SON's sarcasm of a response... Or were you being mischievous in return? grin

Actually, I hope this thread makes the front page at some point.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by classicEntity(m): 9:07am On Oct 27, 2013
There is no general agreement of rotational presidency in Nigeria either among geo-political zones or between the North and South. well to cut everything short after Jonathan Igboman must occupy that sit. Power must remain in theSouth to equalize the present in-justice.
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by seguun(m): 10:27am On Oct 27, 2013
grin
duwdu:

May be because very few can effectively debunk most of what you've written? To me, you've written so simply but mostly sensibly and effectively.

BTW, I think you've reacted opposite to how I would have expected you to have responded to what I see as IGBO-SON's sarcasm of a response... Or were you being mischievous in return? grin

Actually, I hope this thread makes the front page at some point.

P34c3
Yes, I equally feel most people agree to the idea.

I actually wanted to be sure of his aim before my actual response. That kind of post can actually be twisted depending on my response. I didn't want to be cornered by an ambiguous post grin.

That will be very cool if this thread makes it to the front page
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by seguun(m): 10:32am On Oct 27, 2013
classicEntity: There is no general agreement of rotational presidency in Nigeria either among geo-political zones or between the North and South. well to cut everything short after Jonathan Igboman must occupy that sit. Power must remain in theSouth to equalize the present in-justice.

I don't want to believe a serious politically savvy nigerian will believe the presidency will remain in the south after the ijaw man's tenure.
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 11:04am On Oct 27, 2013
@op dream on
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by seguun(m): 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
mkpakana odogwu: @op dream on

Do you care to give a better option?
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 27, 2013
Are you begging us to vote buhari/fashola in 2015?

4 Likes

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by kokoA(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2013
classicEntity: There is no general agreement of rotational presidency in Nigeria either among geo-political zones or between the North and South. well to cut everything short after Jonathan Igboman must occupy that sit. Power must remain in theSouth to equalize the present in-justice.
Wake up bro! It is morning.

1 Like

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by seguun(m): 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2013
chukwudi44: Are you begging us to vote buhari/fashola in 2015?

I'm not begging you, I've only offered you the best card to play
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by Sloan: 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
chukwudi44: Are you begging us to vote buhari/fashola in 2015?

Where did the OP mention this spurious thought of yours? I know it's insecurity and inferiority complex that makes people like you go way out of line to introduce stoopid conjectures into serious discussions like you! I blame the OP for daring to introduce common sense and wisdom to a tuber of yam! Tubers of yam are meant to be eaten alone not to be reasoned with or advised!

Almost all Nigerians know that even if you were to follow the sensible advice of the OP, there is just NO LEADER in iboland, nobody to even be considered by other Nigerians as presidential material. I think when Nigeria gets regionalism, you will be forced to find a leader by force for your region.

3 Likes

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
If GEJ cannot hand over to d SE in 2019 den he will have over to d MB eg David Mark. Afterall, dey are also northerners. D MB will den hand over to d SE. If need be, we Igbos can still wait. As for hausa/fulani, NO WAY!
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by bestview: 1:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
seguun:

I'm not begging you, I've only offered you the best card to play

Take your Islamic Yorobar Party APC elsewhere as for Igbos we are voting GEJ.

Its GEJ till 2019 when the Igbos will take over, deal with the bitter fact!

3 Likes

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
Even if GEJ decides to damn it nd hand over to d SE d worst d hausa/fulani culd do wuld b to escalate boko haram leading to a full scale war nd d end of Nigeria. Den d hausa/fulani wuld b pushed back into futa jalon. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

1 Like

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by gbanikiti(m): 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
bestview:

Take your Islamic Yorobar Party APC elsewhere as for Igbos we are voting GEJ.

Its GEJ till 2019 when the Igbos will take over, deal with the bitter fact!
keep dreaming of an Igbo presidency in 2019. If you think jonathan will hand over to Igbos in 2015 or 2019,you're on a long thing!

1 Like

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by bestview: 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
gbanikiti: keep dreaming of an Igbo presidency in 2019. If you think jonathan will hand over to Igbos in 2015 or 2019,you're on a long thing!

Berem, we all know you are an ofemmmmanu born, so take your Islamic APC elsewhere, we in the SE will not be any part of it. I nu go..
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by seguun(m): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
Sloan:

Where did the OP mention this spurious thought of yours? I know it's insecurity and inferiority complex that makes people like you go way out of line to introduce stoopid conjectures into serious discussions like you! I blame the OP for daring to introduce common sense and wisdom to a tuber of yam! Tubers of yam are meant to be eaten alone not to be reasoned with or advised!

Almost all Nigerians know that even if you were to follow the sensible advice of the OP, there is just NO LEADER in iboland, nobody to even be considered by other Nigerians as presidential material. I think when Nigeria gets regionalism, you will be forced to find a leader by force for your region.

Building brigdes is not because you are a coward, its because you want to get something achieved. This is what somepeople fail to realize.
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by gbanikiti(m): 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2013
bestview:

Berem, we all know you are an ofemmmmanu born, so take your Islamic APC elsewhere, we in the SE will not be any part of it. I nu go..
mechi onu! Ngige will be the next anambra state governor. Be ready to hang yourself on an udara tree.

3 Likes

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by classicEntity(m): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
gbanikiti: keep dreaming of an Igbo presidency in 2019. If you think jonathan will hand over to Igbos in 2015 or 2019,you're on a long thing!
why can't he hand over to the SE? Presidency is based on merit and not sectional politics, the worst thing the Hausa/fulani will do is to cause post election violence and encourage boko haram more which may eventually lead to a break-up of the federation, of which we know those who will suffer it the most.

1 Like

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by seguun(m): 2:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
classicEntity: why can't he hand over to the SE? Presidency is based on merit and not sectional politics, the worst thing the Hausa/fulani will do is to cause post election violence and encourage boko haram more which may eventually lead to a break-up of the federation, of which we know those who will suffer it the most.

Assuming the president is a military president its easy to do but in today's nigeria, its only a fantasy to expect the ijaw man to give the power to the igbos. Are you a comedian or what?
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by bestview: 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
gbanikiti: mechi onu! Ngige will be the next anambra state governor. Be ready to hang yourself on an udara tree.

Berem, we are the voters..lmao

Elections are not won the pages of NL..

It is written everywhere Dr Obiano is the governor in waiting. Go back to your who.re business as usual..lol grin

1 Like

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by bestview: 3:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
classicEntity: why can't he hand over to the SE? Presidency is based on merit and not sectional politics, the worst thing the Hausa/fulani will do is to cause post election violence and encourage boko haram more which may eventually lead to a break-up of the federation, of which we know those who will suffer it the most.

You are on point..
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by PointB: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
In the end, every permutation will be subjected to time and chance.

@Op
what if Nigeria disintegrates
what if there is true federalism
what if ...
Etc.
Time and chance happen to them all
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by kaze4blues(m): 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
Good analysis by the OP....

If only the SE will reason with their brain and not again with their anus as they have being doing.

1 Like

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by seguun(m): 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
PointB: In the end, every permutation will be subjected to time and chance.

@Op
what if Nigeria disintegrates
what if there is true federalism
what if ...
Etc.
Time and chance happen to them all

"What if" is a gamble. Have a logical plan first, then there will always be a card for contingencies.
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
Until Igbo people realize, just as the OP has pointed out, that as regards the Presidency, Nigeria is divided into north and south, irrespective of the number of ethnic groups in each divide, they will continue to grope in the claim of marginalization.

1 Like

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by Pasca07: 5:17pm On Oct 27, 2013
This is one of the best sensible post i have ever read on nairaland by the op,am i missing something here?if the igbo believe jonathan will hand over to them after his tenure,definately igbo's are not smart

1 Like

Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by seguun(m): 3:40pm On Oct 28, 2013
@the mod,
I wish this thread be put on the front page to hear more views
Re: The Surest Card By The Southeast To Grab The Presidency... by seguun(m): 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
The political atmosphere is getting interesting by the day...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History / Numerous Photos : Soldiers On Rampage In Lagos , BRT Buses Razed / Ex Senator, Ameh Ebute, From The North, Lambasts Tinubu And Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.