Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Do You Believe In Generational Curses. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Generational Curses. (13113 Views)

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by nneh1(f): 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2013
As human beings nobody wants evil to befall him but people don't want to stop doing evil. Generational curses/blessings exit. Whatever you sow that you must reap. Jesus died for these reasons and when we acknowlegde it he delivers us but shall we continue to sin that grace may abound? Some taking laws into ur hands by commiting henious sin,abominations,atrocities etc.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by vislabraye(m): 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
This is one topic I honestly have been having issues with. I know of a very good friend of mine, a christian and spirit filled.
This brother had been living in difficulty or what people call near success syndrome. His much sufferings led him to intense prayers. It was later discovered that his father is a serious cultist. Not just that, his father exchanged the destiny of his children for powers. Non of his children prospered at all.

Now, could this be a curse or mere household wickedness ?
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Ryda(m): 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ukuts gp: Do you believe in generational curses?. That is, curses passed on from parents to children and so on. Can curses be passed from parents to their children?
Also can sinful habit such as fornication, womanising, lying, anger, etc be passed on from parents to children? Pls i need ur view on this. Drop ur comments. Thanks.

DID U FIND URSELF IN ANY?
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2013
nneh1: who the hell told you generational curses is not scriptural? Haven't u been reading your bible very well? When Jacob cursed Reuben his first son in Genesis 49:3-4 as a result of what he didd in genesis 35:22, his children were affected infact it took moses after many years to deliver them in deutronomy 33:6 after more than 400yrs be careful with generational curses.
But My Bro, Jesus Had Died Cos Of All This...We Christians Suffer For Sins Oursefs Commit, Its Nt Any Generational Curse(s)...Evn 4rm Ezekiel 18, The Lord Had Put End To All Of Them. Therefore, Jesus' Blood Serves As Ransom For Every Sins,Generational Curse,Generational Sins Or Anything...I'mnt Againt U Sir, I Jst Blive Jesus Had Put End(Through His Death) To All This..God Bless!
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nosu(m): 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
Alot of us watch a lot of films like 24, spiderman and superman but has not been able to relate it to the saving grace of Jesus.
A man or woman is captured and imprisoned but under sever punishment, batman comes out from nowhere and rescue the man.
After being rescued, is the man stil in chains, imprisoned or under punishment? Obviously the answer is NO.
Then how can a man that has being rescued from sin and its consequences still be held down under generation curses.

Pls let take time and study our bible ourselves, let double check wat we hv being taught and make sure it is biblical

The easiest way to get defeated is when a man is warring with a wrong information.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by nedest: 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2013
Generational curses affects the children also.don't be ignorant.no matter how much human effort you put in just to overcome it, it continues until that curse is broken spiritually.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
nneh1: As human beings nobody wants evil to befall him but people don't want to stop doing evil. Generational curses/blessings exit. Whatever you sow that you must reap. Jesus died for these reasons and when we acknowlegde it he delivers us but shall we continue to sin that grace may abound? Some taking laws into ur hands by commiting henious sin,abominations,atrocities etc.
Sir, Was It Discovered That Twas Wat D Father Did Dt Caused Wat Happend To The Brother, Even After He Met Jesus? Let All Christians Get Rid And Run Away From Any Kind Of Sin And Immoral Acts(Whether Secret Or Intentional)..The Bible Says No Sinner Will Go Unpunished-Including 'Christian Sinners'!
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nosu(m): 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2013
vislabraye: This is one topic I honestly have been having issues with. I know of a very good friend of mine, a christian and spirit filled.
This brother had been living in difficulty or what people call near success syndrome. His much sufferings led him to intense prayers. It was later discovered that his father is a serious cultist. Not just that, his father exchanged the destiny of his children for powers. Non of his children prospered at all.

Now, could this be a curse or mere household wickedness ?
Brother, what u said is correct, an american ambassador can become oppress, suppress and depress in Nigeria, if he forgets who he is or he just might be enjoying d treatment
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Philipsdael(m): 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2013
The forces that controls this world is in your mind ...
If you believe u are cursed... Then u'll recieve the effect of your slightest-believe...
"As ye thinks in his heart so it is....
the Power of the mind, is the greatest gift from HisMajestyHighness!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Soloter(m): 2:29pm On Oct 27, 2013
Mutaino7: Yeap there is generational curse. In the bible jacob cursed reuben, simeon and levi...... In later years their descendants. More prefably moses suffered the curse of generational anger(levi). Go once said "I will visit the iniquity of the father even to the fourth generation".
only if the person does not repent.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by bengoodcreature: 2:29pm On Oct 27, 2013
Yes it does but the book of Exodus says that the Lord wld have mercy upon the great grand children which serve and worship Him. When u serve him and worship him, d forfathers course wld not work in our lives in Jesus name amen
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Rajosh(m): 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
patrickdarlins: yeah...its possible...its even in d bible...but can b broken with prayers and fasting...breaking out its d only option...
where in the Bible so we can learn more

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Ishilove: 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
Whotever that is not scriptural I dnt believe it. I'm born of God and I've overcm the world. So what u believe is what u get.
grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ryda:

DID U FIND URSELF IN ANY?
if i am not are there no others passing through this mess
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by nyabingi(m): 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
superior1: Ezekiel 18vs 1-2
1 The word of the Lord came unto me again, saying, 2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?

Galatians 3:13
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Answer to OP
Do generational curses exist: Yes

Can a born again come under curses: A born again Christian shouldn't be under any form of curses but ignorance on the part of the Christian can make him be illegally affected by a curse just like the Nigerian Police can detain you even when you are on your right. Knowledge and enforcing your right can get you off the situation.

What to do: if you are a born again Christian and you suspect satan is trying to afflict you with a common evil occurrence in your family, stand your ground, pray and break it, if you think you need an assistance approach a mature Christian brother to agree with you.

GBAM!!!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2013
Read 2 kings 5:27.
The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cling to you and to your seed(children) forever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.

Now, all the doubting thomas is this not generational curse?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
Generational curses exist.!!!

Maybe the op has not heard of MFM and CAC. If generational curses were jokes, then how come the issue of deliverance became paramount in the 90's ?

The fact is if you are a christian, yes you could experience such curses.

From the scripture, we learn that a bastard will not come into the congregation of the children of God until the 10th generation.

Judah had an incestuous relationship with Tamar. The relationship produced Zerah and Pharez.

Pharez's 10th generation is David. How is this relevant ?

Look at the blessings in Genesis 49, read about what they spoke about Judah and a law giver never departing from his lineage.

Probably look at Reuben's curse from his father, 400+ some years later why did Moses have to reverse the statement.

Now the born again christian is in a good position, better than the unbeliever. But you must still deal with your foundation if you wish to live in the fullness of the promises of God.

You must fight against inherited curses with violent prayers... after all even the savior was often in vigils every night. Some curses bring poverty and illness, some even bring sudden death at certain limits in life.

As a christian you must rise up in prayer to deal with them and not to just gloss over them.

Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2013
Now lets study David's family.

One sin with Bathsheba produced a marriage of convenience despite the number of wives he had.

Ammon slept with his sister Tamar.

Absalom slept with his father's concubines.

Adonijah was killed for expressing the desire to have the woman that kept his father warm in his last days.

Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

Is there no trace of lust in this family?

Mind you, Rechab of Jericho was in David's lineage.

So the conclusion is Man was made to be great, but somehow demonic powers can manipulate the course of their lives and if there is no divine intervention then destiny might be partially fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
lari03: Now lets study David's family.

One sin with Bathsheba produced a marriage of convenience despite the number of wives he had.

Adonijah was killed for expressing the desire to have the woman that kept his father warm in his last days.

So the conclusion is Man was made to be great, but somehow demonic powers can manipulate the course of their lives and if there is no divine intervention then destiny might be partially fulfilled.
i believe you. Solomon was a chronic womanizer because of what his father David did. Having intercourse with another man's wife. If there is any sinful habit that u fail to deal with now it could be passed on to your children but God forbid it. therefore start dealing with ur weak point now. U can go for deliverance and councelling in MFM and other bible believing churches. Thanks.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
iterator25: Yes.. one is running in musiwa's family as we speak
Hahahahahahahahhaha
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nosu(m): 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
The 21st century illiterate are those that cant learn, unlearn and relearn.

I asked a question and nobody as being able to give answer to my question,
u need to hv a complete understanding of scripture b4 u start contributing to issues. I can see that some of u know ur old testament very well but know just a little of the new testament and that is y we are hv conflicting views here.

So pls give me answer to dis question

Give me a name of a christian dat was under generational curse after the death and resurrection of the messiah in the bible?
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Ishilove: 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aromas: GENERATIONAL CURSES is equal to EPEE IDILEE. May God save us ooooooooooooooo
Lol. Amen.

So much ignorance on display. I pray God opens up our understanding to understand the mysteries of creation.

@Op, I'm a story teller so let me tell you a short story.

Once upon a time, a man had a big kolanut farm. Every year, held a little contest in his village to determine who had could produce the best and freshest farm produce. The winner was given money, ceremonial titles and recognition. This man was champion for many years, but one year, he was beaten by another farmer. The following year, the same thing happened again. Three years in a row the same thing happened. The man got desperate because if after the fourth year he was still not able to become champion again, his title would be withdrawn and passed to someone else.

So he consulted a marabout who told him what he had to. He went ahead and did it, and by the following year, he became champion again. He held on to the title for several years until he became too old to farm actively.

Many years later, another man was battling with serious poverty. Every member, and I mean EVERYBODY in his family were living in abject poverty. He was from a muslim family, but when he was fed up of being fed up and tired of being tired, he branched out into Christianity and gave his life to Christ and became worker in church.

Despite his commitment to the work of God, his life still did not improve. If anything, the poverty and failure bit harder into him. He couldn't even afford to get married because he could barely feed not to talk of marrying. Eventually, he changed his church and began to attend a deliverance ministry. His system of prayer changed and he began to pray deliverance prayers.

He noticed that whenever he prayed and slept, he would dream that a one-handed albino man would stand before him, weeping and saying over and over again

"Remember the kolanut farm"

The man was puzzled. He kept on praying and the dream repeated itself over and over again. This went on for several months, then stopped. One day, a big break came. Out of the blues, someone came and promised to help him work a visa for him to travel to Germany to work. This kind samaritan threw himself earnestly into the whole process and the man was grateful to God that he would be finally able to break loose from the shackles of poverty that had held his family down for so long.

The process was almost complete when one night, he dreamt of the albino man again. He was at the airport, about to pass through the boarding gate when the albino man appeared before him and stopped him from passing. The one-handed albino fellow told him he was not going to be allowed to pass through because of the 'kolanut plantation' .

The man woke, puzzled and worried.

The following day, the samaritan called him and informed him that he no longer wanted to have anything to do with him, and that was that.

From then on, anytime the man was close to a big break, Mr Albino One-Hand would be there to remind him of the 'kolanut farm' and the break would go poof!

One night, during a breakthrough service held in church, the man fell under the power. While under the power, a tall, handsome man stood before him. The man, in the vision, asked him who he was and he replied 'The Ancient of Days'. Immediately, the albino man appeared beside the tall man. Weeping,the albino man he would not, quote, "agree". Mr Ancient of Days asked why and Mr Albino replied "because of the kolanut farm."

The man who was under the power asked him what he meant by "kolanut farm" and the albino finally explained himself.

He said that the man's great-grandfather was a champion kolanut farmer who fell on hard times. In a bid to preserve his wealth and title, he took the advice of a marabout and lured his servant boy, the albino man to the farm. In the farm, he struck the man down, cut one hand off, tied him up and left him to bleed to death. As the boy lay dying, he cursed the man and his generation to the end of times that they would be forever poor and miserable. When he died, the man's great-grandfather buried the hand in the farm and disposed off the body.

The great-grandfather was the last rich man in the lineage. The generation that came after him battled poverty and it continued, even unto the present generation in which man under the power belonged to.

Mr Ancient of Days listened patiently for Mr Albino One-Hand to finish his tale and said "I will release him from your curse." Disgruntled, the albino demanded to know why, and the Ancient of Days replied, "Because I AM. He belongs to me now and he will no longer be held responsible for the sins of his forefather."

The albino man didn't argue but nodded, turned away and disappeared.

Immediately, the man woke up and discovered that service was still going on. Shaken, he dragged himself from the dust where he lay, slumped into the nearest seat and spent the rest of the service pondering what happened.

After that revelation, his life turned around. Today, the man who is in his mid-forties is the only one who has owned a car in two generations. His siblings and male relatives are still locked in the cycle of poverty, but he is free.

The End.

NB: this might read like a typical nollywood movie but it is 110% True Life.

I know the man smiley

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Ishilove: 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
lari03: Now lets study David's family.

You are a hundred per cent correct

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Edoblakky(m): 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
What everyone has said so far is correct. Generational curse is real but not in the life of a christian who is born again and filled with the Holy Spirit. Not every word in the bible pertains to the christian. If you are born again and filled with the Holy Spirit, where is the generational curse? Any one who believes the christian could be under a generational curse needs to comprehend why Jesus came. If after the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ the christian could still be under a curse then, His death was in vain and of non effect.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nosu: The 21st century illiterate are those that cant learn, unlearn and relearn.

I asked a question and nobody as being able to give answer to my question,
u need to hv a complete understanding of scripture b4 u start contributing to issues. I can see that some of u know ur old testament very well but know just a little of the new testament and that is y we are hv conflicting views here.

So pls give me answer to dis question

Give me a name of a christian dat was under generational curse after the death and resurrection of the messiah in the bible?
Lol, now lets be Nigerian and let me answer a question with a question, were all the miracles that Jesus performed written in the bible?

My guess is no, because the book of John tells us so.

The issue is one that you may not understand but still it does affect people.

Its like the argument on tithes.

Abraham gave tithe to Melchizedek.

The book of hebrews refers to Levi being in the loins of his father when such an exchange took place.

New school people say tithe is not important, when clearly Abraham must have had a divine revelation or impression(though the bible does not state that, but we could view it as such). Remember Christ said he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill the law.

I have personally dealt with curses and my dear friend I know what it means to be good at something, yet nothing works for you. You live a holy life, you put in effort but the result is different from what you expect. Yes I personally had to fast and pray before doors opened so you could choose to say whatever but know that powers of darkness are very active and more organized in their end time battle against the human church of God.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
Proverbs 26:2 says: "So a curse without cause does not alight."
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nosu(m): 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2013
@ishilove I had to take my time to read ur story.

Let me ask u a question, if i buy u a plate of food and u didn't eat and u remain hungry. Is ur hunger caused by lack of food?
Dsame apply to a christian, u can sit down there and believe u are under a curse and surely the curse will begin to operate in ur life.
I don't know how else to say this. A lot of us dont know y Jesus went to the cross and what he did on the cross.
A lot of christians are too shallow in this Faith they believe and that y God hates ignorance
Ignorance equal death
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
There is always a cause for curses. Sinful acts openly invite curses into the bloodline. A person who has dedicated the family to a false god or satan can bring forth a generational curse that, unless broken, will continue to pass on from parent to child throughout the generations. Some generational curses are established even before a child is born.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2013
To shed more light on the Abraham-Levi connection.

If the bible says Levi paid tithes while he was in the bosom of Abraham, Where do you know that your great grand father just about 150 years worshiped, do you know the agreements he had with priests and shrines?
do you know if he was a warrior who used charms to fight?
or if he entered into certain covenants with some powers at esoteric places to secure certain privileges?

There are places in Nigeria where snakes are revered. When the bible has declared war between the serpent and the seed of man, does such a friendship seem normal to you? there are places in Imo state where such partnerships still exists if you wish to conduct further research.

We thank God for the blood of Jesus that can break curses and covenants but without actively using it, if one has such curses hanging over his life then you will just end up been frustrated by demonic powers even with your christian label.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nosu(m): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
U are mixing up things here ,there is a big different btw u hving opposition and u being under a curse.
Christians will always hv opposition but are not under curse
That y the scripture says resist the devil and he will flee

lari03: Lol, now lets be Nigerian and let me answer a question with a question, were all the miracles that Jesus performed written in the bible?

My guess is no, because the book of John tells us so.

The issue is one that you may not understand but still it does affect people.

Its like the argument on tithes.

Abraham gave tithe to Melchizedek.

The book of hebrews refers to Levi being in the loins of his father when such an exchange took place.

New school people say tithe is not important, when clearly Abraham must have had a divine revelation or impression(though the bible does not state that, but we could view it as such). Remember Christ said he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill the law.

I have personally dealt with curses and my dear friend I know what it means to be good at something, yet nothing works for you. You live a holy life, you put in effort but the result is different from what you expect. Yes I personally had to fast and pray before doors opened so you could choose to say whatever but know that powers of darkness are very active and more organized in their end time battle against the human church of God.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nosu(m): 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2013
If u are a christian( born again and u are not indulging in sin) and u are under a curse, then Jesus dying on the cross was a waste.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
In order to be free from generational curses, you must:

1.Base the entire process on faith in God’s Word.

2.Confess your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

3.Commit yourself to obedience.

4.Identify the sins and iniquities of your ancestors. Remember that you marry a generation. When you marry, any generational curses in the heritage or bloodline of your in-laws will be operational in your descendants also.

5.Confess known sins that you and your ancestors may have committed.

6.Forgive your ancestors, living or dead, for bringing these curses upon you.

7.With a humble heart, ask God to forgive the sins of your forefathers; ask Him to forgive and cleanse you for your participation in the sins of your generation.

8.Forgive anyone from whom you might be withholding forgiveness.

9.Renounce all contact with the occult and secret societies, and get rid of or destroy all objects that are connected with the curses.

10.Release yourself and declare the curses broken in the Name of Jesus.

11.Bless those who curse you and send Jesus to heal and save them. The Word tells us to "BLESS them who curse you." If someone sent a curse, you are not to "send it back to the sender." Break the power of the curse and send them salvation and deliverance. If you have sent the curse back in the past, confess it before the Lord, break the power of your words, and ask the Lord to release you and them from the curse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

500 Billion Pounds Questions For Christians / E-Grace Convention 20-14 / Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.