Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,619 members, 7,823,711 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Do You Hoard? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Hoard? (1402 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Hoard? by coldgate(f): 11:27am On Oct 27, 2013
I have just thrown out Hubby's Bath Towel. It has lost its color. However, I still have some items like worn out clothes, pots and casseroles missing one handle and so on. I have always known I will never use those items but I am so reluctant to let them go.

So NLs, how do you dispose your used or worn clothing and household items? Do you sometimes develop an attachment to them and hold on even after their useful life is gone? What do u do?

1 Like

Re: Do You Hoard? by bigt2(m): 11:39am On Oct 27, 2013
Burn em up bro!
Re: Do You Hoard? by fasho01(m): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
There seems to be a funny attachment between me & old items. Yea, i have no use for them but i just can't seem to let go. Thanks to my swetheart who disposes of them cos left to me... i'll still keep them
Re: Do You Hoard? by greatgod2012(f): 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2013
I'm guilty of this too

2 Likes

Re: Do You Hoard? by Sissie(f): 3:14pm On Oct 27, 2013
Double post
Re: Do You Hoard? by Sissie(f): 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
I hoard a little, but I try to dispose of old items by giving it out.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Hoard? by Emmyk(m): 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
coldgate: I have just thrown out Hubby's Bath Towel.

big-t:
Burn em up bro!
cheesycheesy

@Op. I leave 'em to spoil beyond recognition, before I discard them.
Re: Do You Hoard? by coldgate(f): 4:05pm On Oct 27, 2013
@EmmyK: really? That's horrendous!
Re: Do You Hoard? by Emmyk(m): 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
LoL. cheesycheesy.

Maybe.
Re: Do You Hoard? by soulglo: 5:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
I am queen of decluttering. Keeping things you do not need just makes it harder to keep thing neat and clean. If I buy anything new and there is no room in the designated place to keep it I am either throwing away something or donating it to charity.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Hoard? by ladyju(f): 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
Not at all, I don't hoard. I hate unkempt environment.
Re: Do You Hoard? by mysticgal(f): 10:09am On Oct 29, 2013
soul_glo: I am queen of decluttering. Keeping things you do not need just makes it harder to keep thing neat and clean. If I buy anything new and there is no room in the designated place to keep it I am either throwing away something or donating it to charity.

i always thought you were a guy cool
Re: Do You Hoard? by soulglo: 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
mysticgal:

i always thought you were a guy cool

So what about my statement up there makes you think I am female grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Hoard? by veave(f): 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
no. it gives the house a creepy feeling.

1 Like

Re: Do You Hoard? by obicentlis: 9:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
So many people are good at that.

My sister that graduated from varsity as far back as 2003 is still keeping her clothes etc in her house.
Come see one full room of suitcases of used clothes.

Her hubby is not finding it funny anyway.
Re: Do You Hoard? by everyday: 11:45am On Oct 30, 2013
I give out my old clothes to those aboki
Re: Do You Hoard? by Nnekacherry: 6:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
Guilty.. Thanks to my mum that gives them out...
Re: Do You Hoard? by Nmeri17: 1:54am On Dec 28, 2014
I even thought u were referring to sex -__- op I'm pleading with you to be more specific next time undecided
Re: Do You Hoard? by EfemenaXY: 9:45am On Dec 28, 2014
Excessive hoarding is a sign of depression. It also gives the room a damp, dank, and dark feel to it. Nothing beats a clear open space with lots of light.

Personally. I don't like throwing away old or no longer worn clothing. I'd rather put them in bin liners and donate to charity. There is pleasure in giving out to the needy / less fortunate.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Going On / Photos: Meet The World’s Oldest Conjoined Twins Who Celebrate 63rd Birthday / Is It Possible For Her Memory To Be Wiped Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.