Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall (1771 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / President Buhari Stands Tall Amongst West African Leaders (photos) / BUHARI Stands Tall. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by Clerverly: 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
Posted by: Socrates Ebo in Sunday Interview 13 hours ago

It is election time once more in Anambra State. Once more, an array of men and resources are on parade before the electorate. The stakes are high; so high for some people. For some others, however, it is an opportunity to make a political statement. Anambra is a state that is in a class of its own. It parades men and resources; men found among the best and among the worst. It is unique. Its uniqueness can sometimes be found in the absurd. But there is no gainsaying that it is an unqualifiedly great and interesting state of the federation.

In governance, Anambra has seen it all: the great, the crooked, the mediocre and the sly. Little wonder, the generality of the people have grown cynical of governments. Among the persons jostling to govern Anambra come March 17 2014, three have become more visible in the pack. That is not to say that the rest are neither qualified nor are they not campaigning. The election at the moment can be zeroed down to a contest between Senator Chris Nwabueze Ngige of the All Progressives Congress, Chief Willie Obiano of the All Progressives Grand Alliance and Mr. Ifeanyi Ubah of the Labour Party. Among the three, Senator Ngige unarguably stands tall.

For Mr. Ifeanyi Ubah, the election is much more than a contest; it is a fierce fight for survival; a make or mar battle. Mr. Ifeanyi Ubah has, so to speak, decisively hinged his future on the contest. First, he ran his company to a near state of bankruptcy in the build up to the campaigns. The banks had to blacklist him, designating him a persona non grata so far as credit facilities are concerned. The Assets Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON) had to take away his company, Capital Oil and Gas Limited, from him, to save it from the hands of the banks. He had to relinquish the management of the company to AMCON for two years as a compromise decision after AMCON unsuccessfully sought to take away the company from him for good. The Assets Management Company (AMCON) has since confiscated and offered his private jet for sale. His worries are not yet over: Mr. Cosmas Maduka of Coscharis Motors Limited is on his neck for a multibillion naira deal gone awry while the subsidy committee is looking for a way to do him in.

For Mr. Ifeanyi, success at the November 16 poll would mean freedom from many woes. Freedom from AMCON, Coscharis, subsidy and sundry woes. It would offer him the accoutrement of power, among them immunity and the many benefits that come with gubernatorial power in Nigeria.

If there is a man is dire need of that election, he arguably qualifies for one. Accordingly, Mr. Ifeanyi has given in his best in the contest. He was the first of the contestants to flag off his campaign with live coverage on a national television and an impressive attendance. He has assiduously worked his way among the fold of the big three in the contest – no mean feat.

Mr. Ifeanyi Ubah is rumoured to be the highest spender among the gladiators in the gubernatorial contest. This is rather a bewildering happenstance at the backdrop of the fact that his company was tottering to bankruptcy. Apparently, he was going up while his company was going under. This is another wonder of the world; African wonder.

Mr. Ifeanyi Ubah is incontrovertibly generous. He doles out largesse to all and sundry save his workers who are said to be owed for many a month. At any rate, we hope that his management skills would be better than that applied at Capital Oil and Gas if he wins the governorship. Anambrarians cannot afford to have Anambra State taken over by AMCON. It is better imagined than experienced.

For Chief Willie Obiano, the stakes are not really that high. He is the anointed godson of Mr. Peter Obi who has a lot to protect and a lot more to keep in place. Chief Willie Obiano, so to speak, is an extension of his reign; a third term by proxy. For Mr. Obi, it is a battle of life and death. A lot is at stake. He is into the race like a moving train ready to bulldoze any opposition in his way. He has bruised Chief Victor Umeh into reconciliation. He bulldozed Rochas out of APGA and gave Soludo a clean upper cut.

He has literally constituted his fancies into the budget of the state as he extra-budgetarily doles out state funds like Father Christmas. The defeat of Obiano means the requiem of APGA. It implies an imminent review of the Obi administration by a different government. It means a searchlight on the grey areas of his administration. The future of Fidelity Bank is at stake. Fidelity Bank, where Obi was chairman and is the highest shareholder, has benefitted so much from the government of Anambra State. A different government in Anambra State means bad business for the favoured bank.

Mr. Peter Obi, above all, has his nemesis, Dr. Chris Ngige, to contend with. Ngige is one politician in Anambra State that has kept Obi ill at ease.

For Chris Nwabueze Ngige, however, the contest is a quest for the fulfillment of prophesy. At the twilight of his administration in 2006, Dr. Ngige had prophesied that he would return to complete the work he started. The contest is a contest of ideology. It is a quest to fulfill his blueprint for infrastructural development of Anambra. It is a battle of legacies: his vision of Anambra versus Mr. Peter Obi’s vision of Anambra. Ngige had fought hard against money politics and god fatherism in Anambra.

While the triumph of Mr. Ifeanyi Ubah would mean the triumph of money; the triumph of Chief Obiano would mean the triumph of god fatherism.

As the date draws nigh, the stakes are high and getting higher. The choices are clear: money, god fatherism and radical infrastructural development. Anambrarians have a date with destiny come November 16, 2013.

— Ebo, wrote in from Awka
Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
Succinct and fantastic write-up!
Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by EzePromoe: 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2013
I love Ngige but I hate APC!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by Afam4eva(m): 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2013
Eze Promoe: I love Ngige but I hate APC!
I know people who voted for Jonathan and not PDP in 2011, so, you can do same for Ngige grin

6 Likes

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by JMOI: 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
Because of the anti-Igbo antics of APC and Yorubas, I hate APC. Period.
Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by EzePromoe: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
I know people who voted for Jonathan and not PDP in 2011, so, you can do same for Ngige grin
The presidential election is a very different matter, besides Igbos did not present a candidate but they all massively supported Jonathan.
But for Anambra to have a governor that will be saying 'yes sir' to the likes of Tinubu and Fashola? No!
Though I won't be voting, but I trust my Anambra peeps to know what is right for them!

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by pullyacap: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: Because of the anti-Igbo antics of APC and Yorubas, I hate APC. Period.

Where and how did you come about that?

Ben Akabueze a full blood Igbo man has been a commissioner for the past 12years in APC's Lagos yet u say APC displays anti-Igbo antics while the Hausas don't even have an high ranking person in Lagos

Joe Igbokwe is a high ranking Igbo man in APC

Several thousand of Igbo civil servants work with LASG whereas Abia state sacked same Igbos

Unless you are not open-minded that's when you will say all these and if you use what is happening on NL between you and some yoruba guys to conclude that is what knowledgeable and highly exposed politicians like Tinubu,Fashola and others who understand the need to form alliances and build bridges across all ethnic group will do then I pity your own level of exposure too

No party can afford to joke or deliberately toy or ridicule any particular section of this country as they will not manufacture votes from heaven but if they try to court and befriend you and you keep using the past( what happened between Awolowo and Zik) to judge them then too bad

You think all the Igbos in APC like Ngige,Rochas,Osita Izunaso,Ogbonnaya Onu,Annie Okonkwo will open their eyes and watch some people ridicule their tribe But if you cant perceive politics in all the issues involved in this Anambra election then goodluck!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by JMOI: 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
How many high ranking APC officials are Igbos? APC should go and sit down biko. There is no room for APC in Igboland and that's final.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by grafikii: 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
Eze Promoe:
The presidential election is a very different matter, besides Igbos did not present a candidate but they all massively supported Jonathan.
But for Anambra to have a governor that will be saying 'yes sir' to the likes of Tinubu and Fashola? No!
Though I won't be voting, but I trust my Anambra peeps to know what is right for them!
Is Oshiomole saying yes sir to anyone? Anyways na una own wahala be that

5 Likes

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by bestview: 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2013
Afam4eva:

Word! cool

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by cjrane: 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2013
Yoruba plot to plant a puppet regime in Igboland to help them achieve their wicked agenda of enslaving Igbos WILL NOT WORK!

If APC didn't have a preponderance of very wicked yoruba men who openly hate Ndigbo in it, i would say,give it a chance because it may be like NPN, which although was a mainly northern party, but did not harbor any wicked agenda to decimate Igbo people!

NOT APC or AD or ACN or whatever they call it in order to deceive our people.

Ngige should go and sit down! He always enjoys dining with the devil !

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by bestview: 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: How many high ranking APC officials are Igbos? APC should go and sit down biko. There is no room for APC in Igboland and that's final.

No space for the Islamic Yorobar APC..

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by grafikii: 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: How many high ranking APC officials are Igbos? APC should go and sit down biko. There is no room for APC in Igboland and that's final.
Mr. Uzo Igbonwa, ACN, Anambra State , APC
Deputy National Youth Leader

Sharon Ikeazor, CPC, Anambra State, APC
National
Women Leader

Senator Annie Okonkwo, APGA, Anambra
State,
APC National Deputy Chairman

Senator Ositsa Izunaso, APGA, Imo State,
APC
National Organizing Secretary

Sunday Chukwu, APGA, Ebonyi State, APC
Deputy National Secretary

Dr Anyim Nyerere, APGA, Abia State, APC
National Vice Chairman (South-East)

Sir Romanus Egbunike, DPP, Imo State, APC
Deputy National Welfare Secretary.

EDUCATE YOURSELF

4 Likes

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by JMOI: 5:12pm On Oct 27, 2013
grafikii:

National
Women Leader

State,

APC

EDUCATE YOURSELF
Why is it always deputy this, deputy that? Deputy to the Yoruba and Hausa landlords of APC?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by bestview: 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
[s]
grafikii:

National
Women Leader

State,

APC

EDUCATE YOURSELF
[/s]

TRASH!

The guy asked you, who are the real leaders of the Islamic APC? You are here yapping nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by grafikii: 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: Why is it always deputy this, deputy that? Deputy to the Yoruba and Hausa landlords of APC?
Another twist? Abeg i nor get time Facts is igbos are holding key position as other tribe
Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by pullyacap: 5:20pm On Oct 27, 2013
grafikii:
Is Oshiomole saying yes sir to anyone? Anyways na una own wahala be that

Infact Impossibility is the word that defines ethnic bigots on both sides of the divide

Someone is asking about High ranking Igbos and I ask who? If Ogbonnaya Onu( former Gov),Osita Izunaso( former Senator),Anyim Nyerere,Sharon Ikeazor( National Women Leader),Rochas Okorocha( Present Gov),Chris Ngige(Former Gov and Senator),Annie Okonkwo( Former Senator) are not high ranking enough and successful individuals in their own right then goodluck!

Some of you obviously wish to be fringe players in National politics of Nigeria that is why you are defiantly holding unto sectional and tribal political philosophy which normally makes one get alienated.

Keep it up.....by the time your eyes clear up...you won't say they didn't tell u

In politics,you can even align with your 'enemies' only that you will negotiate very well the terms of alliance but bigotted Igbos( not all) don't want to align politically with the Hausas and also hold the yorubas in disdain...yet Biafra is not anywhere in the horizon......think people!!!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by grafikii: 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2013
bestview: [s][/s]

TRASH!

The guy asked you, who are the real leaders of the Islamic APC? You are here yapping nonsense.
Mumu who are the leaders of the pdp, is not the same Abokis yet the party owns the south east

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by grafikii: 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2013
pullyacap:

Infact Impossibility is the word that defines ethnic bigots on both sides of the divide

Someone is asking about High ranking Igbos and I ask who? If Ogbonnaya Onu( former Gov),Osita Izunaso( former Senator),Anyim Nyerere,Sharon Ikeazor( National Women Leader),Rochas Okorocha( Present Gov),Chris Ngige(Former Gov and Senator),Annie Okonkwo( Former Senator) are not high ranking enough and successful individuals in their own right then goodluck!

Some of you obviously wish to be fringe players in National politics of Nigeria that is why you are defiantly holding unto sectional and tribal political philosophy which normally makes one get alienated.

Keep it up.....by the time your eyes clear up...you won't say they didn't tell u

In politics,you can even align with your 'enemies' only that you will negotiate very well the terms of alliance but bigotted Igbos( not all) don't want to align politically with the Hausas and also hold the yorubas in disdain...yet Biafra is not anywhere in the horizon......think people!!!
Gbam. Well said bro
Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ngige is not anyones boy in APC. He was one of the major stakeholders/ partner in the formation of AC, ACN & APC and NOBODY can dictate to him unlike Obi-anu who will just be a figurehead gov, so all the people crying of imposition are just been naive and mischievous. There are 9 Igbos out of numerous ethnic groups in APCs national executives and i dont know how else these bigots intend to be convinced. The stupid thing is that these lots will later cry of marginalisation if the party refuse to give them a major position due to there low participation or contribution. All the people saying they love Ngige or that Ngige is the best candidate but hating because of his party (APC) are free to vote a retardeen instead.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by bestview: 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
grafikii:
Mumu who are the leaders of the pdp, is not the same Abokis yet the party owns the south east

Nkapi! grin grin

You don't get it. We are more than comfortable with APGA-PDP collabo. We here see the Islamic APC as a taboo.

Go back in time and check the real pioneers and owners of PDP. Ekwueme formed the G-34 that metamorphosed into PDM and PDP today. I have forgot that you are still playing with sand in 1998.

Take your evil Islamic APC elsewhere. We Anambrans say NO to APC..

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by bestview: 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
Abiolacicero: Ngige is not anyones boy in APC. He was one of the major stakeholders/ partner in the formation of AC, ACN & APC and NOBODY can dictate to him unlike Obi-anu who will just be a figurehead gov, so all the people crying of imposition are just been naive and mischievous. There are 9 Igbos out of numerous ethnic groups in APCs national executives and i dont know how else these bigots intend to be convinced. The stupid thing is that these lots will later cry of marginalisation if the party refuse to give them a major position due to there low participation or contribution. All the people saying they love Ngige or that Ngige is the best candidate but hating because of his party (APC) are free to vote a retardeen instead.

We prefer Obi dictating to Obiano, than the Islamic APC dictating what will happen in Anambra..

Take your evil party away from us..

4 Likes

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by JMOI: 5:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
bestview:

We prefer Obi dictating to Obiano, than the Islamic APC dictating what will happen in Anambra..

There is no room for APC in the southeast
Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by pullyacap: 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
Abiolacicero: Ngige is not anyones boy in APC. He was one of the major stakeholders/ partner in the formation of AC, ACN & APC and NOBODY can dictate to him unlike Obi-anu who will just be a figurehead gov, so all the people crying of imposition are just been naive and mischievous. There are 9 Igbos out of numerous ethnic groups in APCs national executives and i dont know how else these bigots intend to be convinced. The stupid thing is that these lots will later cry of marginalisation if the party refuse to give them a major position due to there low participation or contribution. All the people saying they love Ngige or that Ngige is the best candidate but hating because of his party (APC) are free to vote a retardeen instead.

Well said but pride and ruining obstinacy won't allow some people especially those who don't know jack about the way political favour and negotiation are curried and determined

Those who are suspicious of APC now until things start falling into place will only have themselves to blame by the time this political re-amalgation ends
Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by grafikii: 5:42pm On Oct 27, 2013
bestview:

Nkapi! grin grin

You don't get it. We are more than comfortable with APGA-PDP collabo. We here see the Islamic APC as a taboo.

Go back in time and check the real pioneers and owners of PDP. Ekwueme formed the G-34 that metamorphosed into PDM and PDP today. I have forgot that you are still playing with sand in 1998.

Take your evil Islamic APC else. We Anambrans say NO to APC..
Keep fooling yourself, the same way ekwueme was one of the founding fathers of the pdp so is rochas and Ngige for APC. You can't deny the fact that pdp is dominated by Abokis, you can do us good by posting a list of pdp executives.
Btw ekwueme couldn't even get 30 votes in the pdp primaries

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
bestview:

Then stop crying that ur ethnic is not represented in its executive or when the party deny your ethnic its platform to vie for the elusive presidency.
Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by bestview: 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
grafikii:
Keep fooling yourself, the same way ekwueme was one of the founding fathers of the pdp so is rochas and Ngige for APC. You can't deny the fact that pdp is dominated by Abokis, you can do us good by posting a list of pdp executives.
Btw ekwueme couldn't even get 30 votes in the pdp primaries

You still do not get it. We are more than comfortable with the APGA-PDP collabo. APC is synonymous with evil..

We vote APGA at state level and PDP at national level. We do not want to have anything whatsoever to do with the Islamic Yorobar APC..
Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by bestview: 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
Abiolacicero:

Then stop crying that ur ethnic is not represented in its executive or when the party deny your ethnic its platform to vie the elusive presidency.

Since when did we cried to you? We are okay because our govt is performing. We are equally okay with GEJ continuity so far as he is delivering all his promises to us, of which he giving it to us. We only asked you to take your evil Islamic Yorobar Party back, that we do not need it. That is all and you people have been whining that we do not want to align with your devilish and occultic party..
Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by JMOI: 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
bestview:

You still do not get it. We are more than comfortable with the APGA-PDP collabo. APC is synonymous with evil..

We vote APGA at state level and PDP at national level. We do not want to have anything whatsoever to do with the Islamic Yorobar APC..
We would rather dine with the PDP than with the APC.
Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by grafikii: 5:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
bestview:

Lol how many votes did ekwueme 'founding father' get against obasanjo? You guys are better at following others. Good luck with your pdp apga combo. I guess that is why you refused to vote Ojukwu nationally. When gej is done you will still queue behind Aboki or better still yoruba candidate Like obj
Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by bestview: 5:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: We would rather dine with the PDP than with the APC.

That is the same point I have been trying to make them understand, instead they chose to whine that we do not want to align with their evil party..

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall by bestview: 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2013
grafikii:
Lol how many votes did ekwueme 'founding father' get against obasanjo? You guys are better at following others. Good luck with your pdp apga combo. I guess that is why you refused to vote Ojukwu nationally. When gej is done you will still queue behind Aboki or better still yoruba candidate Like obj

That was why I said your were still a lad in 1998. Abiola was slaughtered like a Ram by the abokis and the only way to pacify the yorobass was to install OBJ even against the wishes of yorobars who wanted falae. The yorobass never fought for the post but it was just given to them.

It will happen to you like dream when the Igbos will be in Aso Rock in 2019..

Just keep your fingers crossed..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

APGA LEADING IN 20 LGA.:INEC Set To Declare Obiano Winner Of Anambra Election / Am I The Only One Who Sees Something Wrong With This Statement? / Renowned Educationist Faults Buhari’s School Cert.,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.