Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. (4971 Views)

Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. / Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? / Why Are Some Christians Poor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by SalC: 9:39am On Nov 02, 2013
Syncan:

Na poor advert de fall my hand since, am considering sowing aprons for the purpose of advertisement, I need volunteers to wear my apron. Amii dear, what says you?
Una no go kill me for nairaland oo.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by woky: 9:54am On Nov 02, 2013
Syncan:

Na poor advert de fall my hand since, am considering sowing aprons for the purpose of advertisement, I need volunteers to wear my apron. Amii dear, what says you?
grin
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by DesChyko1(m): 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
Amara.. Don't start what you can't finish. I gave you an advice earlier, you ignored it. I hope you're more comfortable now that you've succeeded in tying yourself up in knots. Besides, I thought 'Ibo' traditions specifically says Women have no churches till they get married. What's all these venting for?
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by italo: 2:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
1 Cor 14:34 - Let women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted them to speak, but to be subject, as also the law saith.35 - But if they would learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is a shame for a woman to speak in the church.

@ Amara, you still believe in Bible alone?
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by woky: 3:47pm On Nov 02, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Amara.. Don't start what you can't finish. I gave you an advice earlier, you ignored it. I hope you're more comfortable now that you've succeeded in tying yourself up in knots. Besides, I thought 'Ibo' traditions specifically says Women have no churches till they get married. What's all these venting for?
hehehehehehe.. I doubt if amara go gree marry catholic guy o..

She wil say "lord's chosen till i die"
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by DesChyko1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2013
woky: hehehehehehe.. I doubt if amara go gree marry catholic guy o..

She wil say "lord's chosen till i die"

Hihihihi.. She never jam. In this time and age where ladies seek financial comfort like madt?? Abegi.. If the guy just admire her backside, flash World Bank dollarz for her family, their whole village go change church sef
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by woky: 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:

Hihihihi.. She never jam. In this time and age where ladies seek financial comfort like madt?? Abegi.. If the guy just admire her backside, flash World Bank dollarz for her family, their whole village go change church sef
give your talent a try, u will find out dat you ar bettter dan Bovi grin
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by DesChyko1(m): 8:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
woky: give your talent a try, u will find out dat you ar bettter dan Bovi grin

Maybe on another topic. Me no go like make 'some kain church people hold 3-days vigil on top ma head If I take 'green bullet-proof apron' talk hammer.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by amaralizzy40y: 9:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
I have made my point known to you all, you guys can keep on ranting in this forum.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by try69: 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
italo: 1 Cor 14:34 - Let women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted them to speak, but to be subject, as also the law saith.35 - But if they would learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is a shame for a woman to speak in the church.

@ Amara, you still believe in Bible alone?

grin
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by asamaigho(m): 2:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nomski0: From Rosary to Cross.....na wa o.
Its what people believe in, and they have testimonies on how it's saved them. Different people, different beliefs.

rosary,cross images saving people......dnt make me laff,wen will ignornt people come out of darkness and live in the light, so the name of Jesus no dey work again?na cross and rosary. notin we no go hear from catholicx and image worshiping hahhahahahaaheehehee.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by asamaigho(m): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
italo:

1 Cor1:23. Paul says, "...but we preach Christ crucified..." Why does Paul preach Christ crucified? Doesn't he know Jesus has been raised from the dead? Of course he does! But, he knows that it is through the power of the crucified Christ on the cross that the bonds of sin and death are broken. As Paul says in verse 24, Christ crucified is the "power of God".

1 Cor 2:2, "For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." Again, didn't Paul know that Jesus had risen from the dead? Of course, he did.
Paul preaches Christ crucified because the cross is the "power of God". This is why, we "carry his cross," because we, too, preach Christ crucified. The Crucifix reminds us not only of God's power, but also His love for us - giving His only begotten Son up for suffering and death.
Also, here in this life we do not share so much in the glory of the Resurrection, as we do in the suffering of Jesus on the cross; after all, we must take up our cross daily if we are to follow Jesus, as it says in Lk 9:23.
And, we must die with Christ in order to live with Him as Romans 6:8 tells us. Where did Christ die? On the cross. The Crucifix serves to remind us of these things.
One other passage to keep in mind is Galatians 3:1, "O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?" Did you see that? Jesus was publicly portrayed, before their "eyes", as being crucified. Sounds kind of like they may have been looking at a Crucifix, doesn't it?

dnt telme that yhu believe christ cruxified implies wearing rosary and crosses on the neck,cos dat will be the greatest bible ignorance ever displayed.
now i kno were those cross weilding vampire films coms from.
ma guy anything apart from the name of Jesus from a believing heart doesnt and willnot work,including bible under pillow period.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by DesChyko1(m): 5:29am On Nov 04, 2013
asamaigho:

dnt (Don't) telme (tell me) that yhu (you) believe christ cruxified (crucified) implies wearing rosary and crosses (crucifixes) on the neck....

Did your pastor tell you to lock yourself up in your house a full week till the eclipse is over?? Because everyone knew he made that comment when the OP insisted that Christ is risen and shouldn't have no ties with his crucifixion.
Advice: Before making senseless careless, baseless floating comments, please, read the entire thread, and see if you may actually learn something apart from what your pastor knows. This is not a secondary school summit.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by italo: 8:04am On Nov 04, 2013
asamaigho:

dnt telme that yhu believe christ cruxified implies wearing rosary and crosses on the neck,cos dat will be the greatest bible ignorance ever displayed.
now i kno were those cross weilding vampire films coms from.
ma guy anything apart from the name of Jesus from a believing heart doesnt and willnot work,including bible under pillow period.

Someone once said something like "in order to engage in a reasonable discussion, you first need a brain."
Re: Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. by woky: 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
italo:

Someone once said something like "in order to engage in a reasonable discussion, you first need a brain."

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Was God When He Created Heavens And Earth / Are Atheists And Skeptics Just An Angry Bunch Or Are They Actually Realistic? / How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.