Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... (1490 Views)

If You Are Left Behind On Rapture Day, Will You Accept 666 Mark Of The Beast? / The Philosophy Of Reality / Which Of These Churches Will Jesus Accept And Attend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by davien(m): 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
[b] As each of us live in a society where our actions affect each other.....do any of us value truthful knowledge to build an accurate model of reality? or do we accept ideas that we can't verify to be true....nor have any reason to be true....but through authority,popularity,fear,comfort or personal reasons accept and proclaim to be truthful....
what happens in a society where the majority accept knowledge that are verify-ably true?....what happens in those who don't?
Is your model of reality based on things that you can validate to have a substantial amount of truth to it?...
or do you patch half-truths to build a model of reality you want to live in?.....
In a society where an individual has accepted an idea without verify-able reasons nor evidence....can that individual actually find the truth after having accepted a pre-drawn conclusion to it....
Is the rejection of an idea because of insufficient or lack of evidence the conclusion of it being untrue?.....Is the acceptance of an idea without evidence nor substantial ones the conclusion of it being true?
Is the acceptance of another individuals' model of reality based on trust alone wise?....Is the rejection of another individuals' model of reality based on lack of evidence and rejection to place trust wise?
Are we harming people assuring them with hope that isn't based on anything truthful?...
Are we content with knowing what might be true other than what is true?
Do we treat others differently based on a model of reality that is evidently true and are validate-able?or ones which are not?
If we burn our own model of reality that we can't verify to be true into others heads' are we lying to them?....if we do so for those with evidence are we telling them the truth?
Do we ally ourselves with individuals with models of reality that concur with what we can ascertain to be true to certain degrees of accuracy?...or do we muddle with individuals who have accepted models of reality they cannot vouch for nor defend with evidence?
what reasons do we have to paint a picture of something we don't understand to fill up our ignorance of it?
Can one know the truth if one accepts any random idea that pre-supposes as truth or suspend acceptance till we find verify-able reasons based on evidence?....... [/b]
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by leonard509(m): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2014
Jic
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by davien(m): 7:06am On Oct 06, 2014
leonard509:
Jic
what do you mean by "jic" .....i'm asking if people give themselves reasons for believing an idea that is verify-able.....
If you learnt 2-2=19 without evidence....can you ever know the real answer?
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by leonard509(m): 7:23am On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
what do you mean by "jic" .....i'm asking if people give themselves reasons for believing an idea that is verify-able.....
If you learnt 2-2=19 without evidence....can you ever know the real answer?
I don't accept reality , and when I do I'm just putting it under my pillow for the time being. I'll surely revisit it .
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by leonard509(m): 7:23am On Oct 06, 2014
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by davien(m): 7:26am On Oct 06, 2014
leonard509:
I don't accept reality , and when I do I'm just putting it under my pillow for the time being. I'll surely revisit it .
elaborate please...
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by leonard509(m): 7:34am On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
elaborate please...
I dey toilet now. i'll later
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by davien(m): 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
leonard509:
I dey toilet now. i'll later
I guess you slept off on the seat...
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
Reality is all in ur head.
Who knows, we might be living in a matrix.

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by GooseBaba: 1:38am On Nov 07, 2014
Dapo777:
Reality is all in ur head.
Who knows, we might be living in a matrix.

Haba bros, reality is all in your head.. shocked grin..

.i hope if i run into and tear you two very hot dirty slap for no reason. And when You react "Yeepaa..! I will just say my guy cool down it's all in your head, it never happened.. shocked

Abeg leave all this matrix talk for keanu reeves..
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 07, 2014
GooseBaba:

Haba bros, reality is all in your head.. shocked grin..

.i hope if i run into and tear you two very hot dirty slap for no reason. And when You react "Yeepaa..! I will just say my guy cool down it's all in your head, it never happened.. shocked

Abeg leave all this matrix talk for keanu reeves..

What makes you think you slapped me? You might have been conditioned to think you slapped me.

My point is,no one can see reality from a completely objective view.

Everything you perceive(see,feel,smell,taste) are all subjective to you Since they are filtered Through your imperfect sense organs. You can't trust your own perception. As crazy as it might sound. That's the truth.
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by GooseBaba: 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
Dapo777:

What makes you think you slapped me? You might have been conditioned to think you slapped me.

Everything you perceive(see,feel,smell,taste) are all subjective to you Since they are filtered Through your imperfect sense organs. You can't trust your own perception. As crazy as it might sound. That's the truth.

Hahahahahahaha... No you did not just ask that... After the hot slap vibrate your cheek.. You grabbed your cheek in disbelief... Your eyes watery, you fell out of your slippers while screaming yeeparipa..!!

That is not conditioning because there were witness asking me, bros why you slap am like that you wan kill am.?.. Then I said Noooooo, what you saw was no slap it was an hand shake from the fourth realm. You all have been conditioned to think your cheek is your cheek but it's actually your hand.. undecided

And why we were having that conversation a drunkard staggered in our midst and vomit his stomach contents. Every body shout ayama..!! Only you said that smells like baked potatoes and I bet it will will taste great. You all have been conditioned to think that's vomit.

Guy abeg leave craze man lane for craze man.. cheesy
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by honourhim: 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
GooseBaba:

Hahahahahahaha... No you did not just ask that... After the hot slap vibrate your cheek.. You grabbed your cheek in disbelief... Your eyes watery, you fell out of your slippers while screaming yeeparipa..!!

That is not conditioning because there were witness asking me, bros why you slap am like that you wan kill am.?.. Then I said Noooooo, what you saw was no slap it was an hand shake from the fourth realm. You all have been conditioned to think your cheek is your cheek but it's actually your hand.. undecided

And why we were having that conversation a drunkard staggered in our midst and vomit his stomach contents. Every body shout ayama..!! Only you said that smells like baked potatoes and I bet it will will taste great. You all have been conditioned to think that's vomit.

grin grin grin grin grin. You wan kill me with laugh.
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by asalimpo(m): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
Dapo777:

Everything you perceive(see,feel,smell,taste) are all subjective to you Since they are filtered Through your imperfect sense organs.You can't trust your own perception.
As crazy as it might sound. That's the truth.

here u are admittg you cant trust ur physcal senses
yet u atheists wanna verify the reality of God thru your physcal senses!!
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
GooseBaba:

What you just said now is still subjective. The vibration, me holding my cheek the watery eyes are all perceived by the brain. There is no one outside our brains to tell us If What we think is happening is truly happening. It's crazy I know But That's the dilemma we all have to face.

There is optical illusion.
There is audio illusion.
There is tactile illusion.
There is taste illusion.

All our organs are not perfect,and What we call "reality" is filtered Through these imperfect organs of ours.

How do you know the color green of nairaland that I see is the same color green of nairaland that you see.

We are all in our own world ALONE.
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
asalimpo:

here u are admittg you cant trust ur physcal senses
yet u atheists wanna verify the reality of God thru your physcal senses!!

If I can't verify with my own senses, is it your senses that I should trust.

Tell me you are just joking. undecided
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by asalimpo(m): 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
Dapo777:

If I can't verify with my own senses, is it your senses that I should trust.

Tell me you are just joking. undecided
typical twisted meaningless atheists retort.
Atheist: Your senses are not foolproof.
Atheist: Prove God to me,physcally.
But u just said 1?
Atheist: #fabricates a retort
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by GooseBaba: 8:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
Dapo777:

What you just said now is still subjective. The vibration, me holding my cheek the watery eyes are all perceived by the brain. There is no one outside our brains to tell us If What we think is happening is truly happening. It's crazy I know But That's the dilemma we all have to face.

There is optical illusion.
There is audio illusion.
There is tactile illusion.
There is taste illusion.

All our organs are not perfect,and What we call "reality" is filtered Through these imperfect organs of ours.

How do you know the color green of nairaland that I see is the same color green of nairaland that you see.

We are all in our own world ALONE.

Just because we perceive things differently does not give rise to mental disorders. Regardless of Imperfect organs the differencees in our perception cannot be that broad that it affects society at large.

Yes we're in our own world... But we're never alone. What ever thought process we base our perception on, it must still align with our collective realities. However, you are alone when your peperception differs greatly from that of the society you reside in.. You know na yaba left things.. grin
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
GooseBaba:

Just because we perceive things differently does not give rise to mental disorders. Regardless of Imperfect organs the differencees in our perception cannot be that broad that it affects society at large.

Yes we're in our own world... But we're never alone. What ever thought process we base our perception on, it must still align with our collective realities. However, you are alone when your peperception differs greatly from that of the society you reside in.. You know na yaba left things.. grin

"Our collective realities"

At least you agree everyone has his/her reality.

How do you even know If your perception differs greatly from other people's own or not. Who is outside your perception making the observations?

You see? undecided
Re: What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... by GooseBaba: 10:32pm On Nov 07, 2014
Dapo777:

"Our collective realities"

At least you agree everyone has his/her reality.

How do you even know If your perception differs greatly from other people's own or not. Who is outside your perception making the observations?

You see? undecided

Their/my actions.... What else.? a man that finds nothing wrong with sleeping with his daughters, is it not by his actions that we would observe his mental state of mind...

No matter how good one is in keeping things bottled up inside. One day it must surely spill.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Logical.?? / Prayer Need / God Is Not Punishing You For Your Sins But You Reap What You Sow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.