Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Kidnapped Doctor Fights His Way Out 'Rambo' Style - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kidnapped Doctor Fights His Way Out 'Rambo' Style (981 Views)

Toke Makinwa: When Your Man Is On His Way To Sleep With His Side Chick (Pic) / Old Photo Of Davido, Wizkid, D’prince & Sina Rambo Chilling Together! / Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnapped Doctor Fights His Way Out 'Rambo' Style by HolyHolla(m): 6:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
Abducted medical doctor escapes from kidnappers’ den in Delta
on october 28, 2013 at 3:13 pm in news
BY FESTUS AHON
UGHELLI-THE fragile peace being enjoyed by Ughelli residents, was Sunday night threatened,
following the kidnap of the proprietor of Shekina Medical Centre, Dr Richard Kofi by gunmen.
Meanwhile, Dr Richard Kofi in the early hours of yesterday escaped from his kidnappers den
after a serious fight with one of the kidnappers who was keeping eyes on him in the hideout.
The gunmen numbering over six, according to sources intercepted their victim as he was
driving into his hospital premises at about 7:30pm, adding that he was whisked away by the
gunmen before they could realize what was happening.
The source, who pleaded anonymity said security operatives were immediately alerted, adding
that; “the police, soldiers and men of the Ughelli vigilante group swung into action immediately.
“They were still trailing him when suddenly we heard of his escape from the clutches of his
kidnappers.” Narrating his ordeal, Dr Richard Kofi said; “I was driving to the hospital at about
7:30pm when I noticed a car behind me close to Oharisi Primary School but I dint take it
serious.
“I was approaching the hospital gate when suddenly the car that was following me behind
intercepted me; behold! The four doors opened and the guys came out heavily armed. I am
sure they came with two cars because other guys came out from nowhere.
“They quickly forced me into the back seat of my car after ordering me from the driver’s seat
and zoomed off. I was blindfolded and taken into the bush. Two of the boys were asked to
keep eyes on me in the bush and I told them ‘I be bad market o! I no get money o!’
“As luck would have it at about 7am, one of the boys left this morning leaving one behind; so I
pleaded with him to allow me escape but he dint listen. At a point, I picked up courage and
fought him. But as I made way to escape after hitting him hard, I dint know he was equipped
with a cutlass, so he gave me a cut on my head.
“On sighting my blood, I picked a stick close to me and used it on him and he decided to run
so I chased him to a point and find my way out of the bush. By the time I came out on the
road, I saw welcome to Oviri-olomu it was only then I knew where I was.
“I was there when security operatives who were searching for me came and brought me to
the hospital for treatment.” Confirming the incident, the Area Commander, Ughelli Area
Command, Mr Awosola Awotunde said; “we have recovered the car in Warri and 10 persons
have been arrested in connection with the kidnap.
“The police is carrying out thorough investigation into the matter. I can assure you the culprits
will be brought to book. We are not leaving any stone unturned in curbing criminal activities in
the area. You know, Christmas is coming and the boys are looking for money; we will show
them. Ughelli and its environs is not a safe haven for hoodlums.”
Re: Kidnapped Doctor Fights His Way Out 'Rambo' Style by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
Isokay
Re: Kidnapped Doctor Fights His Way Out 'Rambo' Style by pfijacobs(m): 10:36am On Oct 29, 2013
Hmm
Re: Kidnapped Doctor Fights His Way Out 'Rambo' Style by HolyHolla(m): 9:34am On Oct 30, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Fuji Star, Kollington Ayinla Battles Strange Illness; Sells Alagbado Mansion / q / Official Dorobucci Full And Complete Video..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.