Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram (13650 Views)

Fbi Reveals 16 Of The Richest Politicians In Nigeria And Their worth In Usa. / African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram / Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Jbluv55(m): 7:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
In an attempt to stop the insecurity that is being posed to Nigeria by the Boko Haram Sect, the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Abubakar, has sought for collaboration with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), New York Police Department, United Nations and other United States security agencies.

The Inspector General of Police who has been on a working visit to the United States since last week told Nigeria's officials at the embassy in Washington, DC at a briefing that his meetings with various security agencies in America were aimed at achieving the required support from the international security agencies and other multilateral bodies, particularly in the area of intelligence gathering, intelligence sharing, exchange programmes, combating terrorism, peace-keeping operations and capacity building,
especially on training, manpower and infrastructural development for the Nigeria Police Force.

He said that he believed that insecurity would become a forgotten phase in Nigeria with the new collaboration of the the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), New York Police Department, United Nations and other United States security agencies.

Saying that the security challenges that Nigeria is facing today is applicable to all countries in the world, Abubakar noted that the federal government was doing greatly to ensure that the country becomes very safe for both its citizens and foreigners.

He however urged Nigerian living in the United States to ensure that they come home to join force with the Nigerian government in the government's efforts to make the country a crime-free nation. IG Abubakar pressed further that his working visit and meetings with United States security chiefs had given him a vast
knowledge on how to make Nigeria free in the hands of Boko Haram's terrorists.

He also made it known that all the security
agencies that he met both in New York and
Washington, DC had pledged their supports and collaboration to ensure that Boko Haram and other terrorist group do not have a place to stay in Nigeria.

His words: "My meetings went very well, I sought better ways of collaboration between the US security and the Nigerian security, even the Nigerian government as a whole.
We had meetings that have to do with sharing of intelligence information and support for fighting crimes and criminality in the world particularly terrorism.

On the issue of state police, the Inspector-General said that he was against the idea from the beginning because he was aware that some state governors would surely use the agency, if created, to intimidate their opponents. He added that this would cause more security problems for the country.

On the allegation that some senior police officers want to sell the new police uniforms to junior officers, the police chief said: "You cannot sell any police uniform because there are lots of things surrounding it which i will not even have to disclose because it has security implication on it. So it is not possible for any officer to sell the
new uniform, and if you see anyone selling it, then you have to know that he is selling the fake ones".

On the report that policemen have been
preventing members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) from embarking on protests in some states in Nigeria, IG Abubakar said that there was no way any police could stop people from embarking on any peaceful protest.

http://leadership.ng/news/281013/ig-seeks-collaboration-fbi-cia-combat-boko-haram
Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by iterator25: 7:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
SMH

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Heliesha: 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2013
not sure i want the U.S here, coming would probably turn nigeria to a war zone.they will come with publicity along with the islamist opposition who will probably come to assist the boko haram guyz

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
iterator25: SMH
y u no shake ur butt?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Jbluv55(m): 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2013
Heliesha: not sure i want the U.S here coming would probably turn nigeria to a war zone.they will come to publicity along with the islamist opposition who will probably come to assist the boko haram guyz
Ur analysis is quite funny.......
Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by gerald09(m): 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
MIIISSTAKEEE!!!! People it is known world wide that the United States Of America is d devil, they never give anything with out taking ur soul.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by CROWE: 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
lol. The FBI is basically federal police, last I checked Nigeria is not American soil, FBI cannot operate here.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Heliesha: 10:53pm On Oct 28, 2013
Jbluv55:
Ur analysis is quite funny.......
maybe buh one fin i know his anyfin America comes with great opposition am sure we dont want to be a known ally of the U.S,we ave arguably the best or one of the best foot soldiers in the world we dont need them to tell us how to maintain peace or kill the Boko-ram members our soldiers ave proved it with U.N abroad so hence dont see d need of us plying trade with people seekin after their own benefits.lets finish what we've started with pride and respect not owing anyone a damn favour

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Jbluv55(m): 11:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
Heliesha:
maybe buh one fin i know his anyfin America comes with great opposition am sure we dont want to be a none ally of the U.S,we ave arguably the best or one of the best foot soldiers in the world we dont need them to tell us how to maintain peace or kill the Boko-ram members our soldiers ave proved it with U.N abroad so hence dont see d need of us plying trade with people seekin after their own benefits.lets finish what we've started with pride and respect not owing anyone a damn favour
I like the bolded. I like the way you broke it down but do we keep our pride @ the expense of the next set of victims even if we could have made use of intelligence reports?

Anyway, I don't think the idea of involving the CIA n FBI is to bring them here physically but to bring some of their technology here. wink

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 28, 2013
I think it's only a matter of time before their military bases becomes present in parts of Nigeria.

So, even the over 1trillion naira security vote can't stop them?

Imperialism things...

Some conspiracy theories says the CIA is aiding the BH to destabilize Nigeria, so as to give the USA the path to actualizing their neo-colonialism agenda on the Nigerian soil.

If I'm not mistaken, their intervention in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan etc did not make those places peaceful.

On the other hand, this type of info. is supposed to be classified.
I wonder what they aim to achieve by making this known to the public.

Well, let's watch and see.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Jbluv55(m): 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2013
CROWÉ: lol. The FBI is basically federal police, last I checked Nigeria is not American soil, FBI cannot operate here.

But their technology can function here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Brimmie(m): 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2013
FBI Ke!? undecided Ds Abu Na Learner o!!
Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by mike404(m): 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
IT'S A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT
Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by CROWE: 1:58am On Oct 29, 2013
Jbluv55:

But their technology can function here.

I have no idea what you mean by that.
Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by favouredseed(f): 3:24am On Oct 29, 2013
Good move
Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Nobody: 4:08am On Oct 29, 2013
This is exactly how the west planned the strategy ........

Na who will go call now, ok.... GOD pls deliver Nigeria from Colonialists abeg !!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Wsdm: 6:02am On Oct 29, 2013
All i have to say is MAY GOD ALMIGHTY PUNISH OBASSANJO FOR IMPOSING JONATHAN ON NIGERIANS.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by CROWE: 8:35am On Oct 29, 2013
donroxy: This is exactly how the west planned the strategy ........

Na who will go call now, ok.... GOD pls deliver Nigeria from Colonialists abeg !!!

You know. I hate people who blame others for their failures so much. There is 4 times as much oil in the UAE as there is in Nigeria yet the west never sabotaged them for their own gain nor are they keeping them poor and underdeveloped for the purposes of oil theft. Until you stop throwing mindless blame around ad making dumb excuses for your dustbin of a country it will remain a dust bin.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 29, 2013
CROWÉ:

You know. I hate people who blame others for their failures so much. There is 4 times as much oil in the UAE as there is in Nigeria yet the west never sabotaged them for their own gain nor are they keeping them poor and underdeveloped for the purposes of oil theft. Until you stop throwing mindless blame around ad making dumb excuses for your dustbin of a country it will remain a dust bin.
U don't have to hate me nor love me as I aint trying to put Nigeria(n) failures on the door of the west , all I am saying is ''the west doesn't offer help without taking back something clandestinely'' !!!

Nigerian government who are highly confused about ''Just Insurgency'' may never be able to deal with west sophistication ..... !!!

A Nation's security should usually, to the Highest degree be internally determined any other formation otherwise usually affects Sovereignty and the people !!!

When U solve problem with problem then U may have a compounded problem in the future !!!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Djtm(m): 10:06am On Oct 29, 2013
Oh sh1t!!!!!!
Are you kidding me?
Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Lilimax(f): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2013
A good gesture but isn't it coming rather late
Anyway, better late than never undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by bjmighty(m): 10:09am On Oct 29, 2013
Omg
Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 29, 2013
Hmm
iterator25: SMH
Brimmie: FBI Ke!? undecided Ds Abu Na Learner o!!
bjmighty: Omg
Wsdm: All i have to say is MAY GOD ALMIGHTY PUNISH OBASSANJO FOR IMPOSING JONATHAN ON NIGERIANS.

Bokoharams!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by JOETITUS(m): 10:11am On Oct 29, 2013
I pray make e work

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by bastien: 10:11am On Oct 29, 2013
Ok if na dat 1 go put boko haram 2 end no probs
Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by BabaEleko(m): 10:11am On Oct 29, 2013
The end is near. The end of Boko Haram or the end of Nigeria, one is near.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Lucaskid(m): 10:12am On Oct 29, 2013
hope its work,may God help us.
Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Akshow: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2013
This is what I call international collabo. that does not change d fact that pdp is boko n boko is pdp. Rip Azazi for daring to speak the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by Sageez(m): 10:18am On Oct 29, 2013
booked
Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by nerodenero: 10:24am On Oct 29, 2013
Nigeria should be very careful with who they collaborate with on security issues.Just imagine collaborating with the instigators or sponsors of bokoharam while seeking solution to end the bastards,that will be a disaster.Inasmuch as I know that USA is the worst hit when it comes to terrorism,we just cant throw caution to the wind.We need to tread softly lest we expose ourselves unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, FBI, CIA To Fight Boko-haram by mojeer678: 10:24am On Oct 29, 2013
CROWÉ: lol. The FBI is basically federal police, last I checked Nigeria is not American soil, FBI cannot operate here.

Thank you.

The IG is probably lying through his teeth.

What collaboration is he talking about? These are issues for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the State Department.

Well, in a backwater country where the President refuses to appoint a Defence Minister and summons the Heads of Army, Airforce and Navy with the token appearance of the SSS DG and sometimes the NSA whenever the latest episode of wanton killings and bloodshed of innocent citizens occurs with all of them smiling afterwards while posing for the camera, until the next summon, anything can happen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Honored With A Doctorate Degree By A Ghanaian University / It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says / Gbajabiamila Arrives Uganda For Parliamentary Conference (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.