Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,573 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1223179 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by spacyzuma(m): 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
tk4rd:
He is correct.. He proved to you that the series you presented above can be manipulated in many ways... You introduced a rhythmic-wave manipulation of 6-4-2-4-6, instead of the expected linear manipulation of 6-4-2-0-(-2)... Now, he took it further to introduce an abrupt-wave manipulation of 6-4-6-4-6-4..

This is why I shouldn't have used the word "series", as it implies using regular mathematical operations to find the answer.

His complete answer was 31, 37, 41, 47, 51, 57...meaning he used the differences: 6, 4, 6, 4, 6. That can be seen as an answer.

If he had used 6,4,2,0,-2...the answer would have been 31, 37, 41,43,43,41.

However, the numbers I posted are all prime numbers, so the correct answer is 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53 as written by incredu. You can't calculate the remaining numbers using regular math operations.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tk4rd: 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2015
spacyzuma:

This is why I shouldn't have used the word "series", as it implies using regular mathematical operations to find the answer.

His complete answer was 31, 37, 41, 47, 51, 57...meaning he used the differences: 6, 4, 6, 4, 6. That can be seen as an answer.

However, the numbers I posted are all prime numbers, so the correct answer is 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53 as written by incredu. You can't calculate the remaining numbers using regular math operations.
Na now u come.... Well.. You eehn.....
But I want to know..
What formular is used in getting prime numbers.??
For example.. 1. I want to know the 1325th prime number in the infinite set of prime numbers.. 2. How can I know wether 123,451 is a prime number.?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by missyuppy: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
spacyzuma:
Simple mathematical puzzle (thankfully, no BODMAS involved wink )…

What's are the next 3 numbers in the series: 31, 37, 41, ____, ____, ____ ?

#notagain...#focusmanorwoman...#stopderailingthisthread....
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by spacyzuma(m): 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
tk4rd:
Na now u come.... Well.. You eehn.....
But I want to know..
What formular is used in getting prime numbers.??
For example.. 1. I want to know the 1325th prime number in the infinite set of prime numbers.. 2. How can I know wether 123,451 is a prime number.?

For the full set of prime numbers, there's no formula for calculating them. There are formulas for calculating some types of primes, though...like the Mersenne Primes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mersenne_prime

You can check this link for the list of Prime Numbers. https://oeis.org/A000040 (Primes less than 300) or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_number (for Primes less than 1000)

I hope I don't get suspended again by that damn antispam bot for posting these links. :-/
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by incredu: 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
spacyzuma:

It's actually a complex question with several answers. Flawed question actually. I chose to recognize the uniqueness of the numbers themselves. Another chose different!

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by naastyme(m): 12:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
incredu:

It's actually a complex question with several answers. Flawed question actually. I chose to recognize the uniqueness of the numbers themselves. Another chose different!

Yeah it is a flawed question. U can't ask a question with multiple answers and decide one u want is d correct one.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by spacyzuma(m): 12:52pm On Sep 24, 2015
naastyme:

Yeah it is a flawed question. U can't ask a question with multiple answers and decide one u want is d correct one.
incredu:

naastyme:

I agree. My bad.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by prelinctus: 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
incredu:

I speak for myself, when I say I no even wan lament. The fact that it (lamenting) is now spontaneous is a cause for concern for me. This is so unlike me. Outside this forum, it is not even a subject I discuss. Since I am at home staring at the ceiling, it's tough.

Actually working on changing the situation. Anyone else with a better sense of humour can help us out. Wish I could!
Please, what d'you mean by the bolded? I was of the impression that nobody involved in this recruitment at this stage is still unemployed.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Djbaka(m): 7:51pm On Sep 24, 2015
prelinctus:

Please, what d'you mean by the bolded? I was of the impression that nobody involved in this recruitment at this stage is still unemployed.

Lol.. I never thought of that one day. Some people have just not been lucky, not because of their ineptitude.

NLNG might just be the Bull's eye!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Djbaka(m): 7:53pm On Sep 24, 2015
naastyme:

spacyzuma:

I agree. My bad.

Just say all the answers provided were right answers. grin

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
I was going to stay off of here cos some people truly cannot see past themselves, but had to drop this. Plus some more discerning individuals are speaking up.

If you see a young woman in the attached picture, it's OK. If you see an old woman, it equally is. If you see both or none, you're very fine. Just understand and accept the image can be seen from multiple angles.

If you ultimately get this job, I plead again; do not be like the arrogant ones who do not see past their bubbles. Kindly accept there are so many others out there.

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by spacyzuma(m): 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2015
I see a young lady (probably Rihanna) with a feather on her head and some hairdo...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by incredu: 9:46pm On Sep 24, 2015
prelinctus:

Djbaka:

Lol.. I never thought of that one day. Some people have just not been lucky, not because of their ineptitude.
NLNG might just be the Bull's eye!

Hmmm... it's a long story. The short of it is that I was gainfully employed before. But I'm not at the moment.

NLNG is my bull's eye. The alternative of which I refuse to think about.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NanaF: 11:04pm On Sep 24, 2015
incredu:

Hmmm... it's a long story. The short of it is that I was gainfully employed before. But I'm not at the moment.

NLNG is my bull's eye. The alternative of which I refuse to think about.

As much as I want NLNG, when I think of my current job, I am instantly thankful and grateful to God.

I pray God grants you your heart desire. Will be looking forward to your testimony.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tk4rd: 6:05am On Sep 25, 2015
Djbaka:

Just say all the answers provided were right answers. grin
You just made me to remember the a.c exercise.. "No wrong answers"
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by coolio2014(m): 11:15am On Sep 25, 2015
I saw the young lady first, and then the old woman with her shawl...

dway4ward:
I was going to stay off of here cos some people truly cannot see past themselves, but had to drop this. Plus some more discerning individuals are speaking up.

If you see a young woman in the attached picture, it's OK. If you see an old woman, it equally is. If you see both or none, you're very fine. Just understand and accept the image can be seen from multiple angles.

If you ultimately get this job, I plead again; do not be like the arrogant ones who do not see past their bubbles. Kindly accept there are so many others out there.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by solatwizzy(m): 12:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sigh

So NLNG bounced all the participants in the NLNG prize for Literature 2015 on the grounds of 'Excellence'.

Non of the participants was up to standard so no award this year.

Talk about standards!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hi NLNG GT hopefuls,

Thanks to God for the journey so far. We continue to look up to Him for success in this race.

PS
I stumbled on an article today and felt that I should share it here; http://howng.com/nairaland-owner-seun-osewa-full-biographylife-and-net-worth/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Thanks to Seun Osewa, the founder of Nairaland Forum. His initiative is paying off for him; assisting so many graduates to secure jobs, networking people for business and so forth.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 6:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
solatwizzy:
Sigh

So NLNG bounced all the participants in the NLNG prize for Literature 2015 on the grounds of 'Excellence'.

Non of the participants was up to standard so no award this year.

Talk about standards!

Therefore, if none of the GT candidates make the required cutoff, they'll employ no one.

BUT, if all of us make the cutoff, they'll employ all of us, some with immediate effect and others on a waiting list.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Boshemann(m): 5:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
prelinctus:

I know someone with a 2.1, who finished serving (NYSC) in March 2010 but hasn't got a job yet. Things don't always go the way you think or expect.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by prelinctus: 9:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
Boshemann:

I know someone with a 2.1, who finished serving (NYSC) in March 2010 but hasn't got a job yet. Things don't always go the way you think or expect.
I don't mean everybody generally. I was referring to those that are still involved in this recruitment. I don't think there's any unemployed person among those. How d'you think any such person would scale through the interview section of the AC?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by SegunMike(m): 5:49am On Sep 28, 2015
prelinctus:

I don't mean everybody generally. I was referring to those that are still involved in this recruitment. I don't think there's any unemployed person among those. How d'you think any such person would scale through the interview section of the AC?

It's a Graduate Trainee Position, and not Experienced Hire.
As much as being employed could be an added advantage, doesn't mean it will get you the job. I don't think I remember any question that was directed specifically to "work experience"........so YES....some unemployed may be selected.
All iz well.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by cashme28: 6:05am On Sep 28, 2015
SegunMike:

As much as being employed could be an added advantage, doesn't mean it will get you the job. I don't think I remember any question that was directed specifically to "work experience"........so YES....some unemployed may be selected.
All iz well.

Well said... @prelinctus, where did u get that idea from? Smh!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by cashme28: 6:17am On Sep 28, 2015
NLNG New Head office launch ✔
NLNG PG Scholarship ✔
NLNG LiteraturePrize 2015 ✔
NLNG 2013 GT Recruitment  ✒

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DeeBlacque: 7:39am On Sep 28, 2015
So since I changed job in October 2014 and considering the accommodation cost in Lagos, I had to put up with an ex-colleague, since the NLNG employment was just around the corner and there wasn't any wisdom in paying a 2-years rent and getting out few months into the agreement. Well, 11months and a heartache after, with tears in my heart and a big hole pierced in my pocket by its effect, I finally got a place last week. Every night I come out of my apartment, look into the stars and pray fervently that my dream comes true. I'm ready to give up the accommodation cost; yes, even if the offer letter comes today. Oh, NLNG; My NLNG... #RekindledFaith

9 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by prelinctus: 8:12am On Sep 28, 2015
SegunMike:

All iz well.
Sure, there was no question directly specified to "work experience" but the interview questions required one to give instances/experiences gained in different situations/events that occurred preferrably two years ago to present. Now, considering that everybody finished nysc not later than 2013, if one has been unemployed since then, I ask again, how would any such person scale through the interview stage? And bdw, even though it's a Graduate Trainee position, NLNG wouldn't want someone that's been idle that long.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tk4rd: 8:22am On Sep 28, 2015
By the way, have you checked your males.??
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by cashme28: 8:26am On Sep 28, 2015
prelinctus:

Sure, there was no question directly specified to "work experience" but the interview questions required one to give instances/experiences gained in different situations/events that occurred preferrably two years ago to present. Now, considering that everybody finished nysc not later than 2013, if one has been unemployed since then, I ask again, how would any such person scale through the interview stage? And bdw, even though it's a Graduate Trainee position, NLNG wouldn't want someone that's been idle that long.

Why are you drinking panadol for the headache of others?
Those in this situation you just stated know what they said and did.
Leave matter for Mathias...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by GetPosted: 9:46am On Sep 28, 2015
NanaF:

As much as I want NLNG, when I think of my current job, I am instantly thankful and grateful to God...
I echo your view
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 10:18am On Sep 28, 2015
vantage7:

(1) Therefore, if none of the GT candidates make the required cutoff, they'll employ no one.

(2) BUT, if all of us make the cutoff, they'll employ all of us, some with immediate effect and others on a waiting list.

(1) Absolutely true. It has happened before. With experienced hires sha.

(2) Absolutely false. It hasn't happened before. Rather than that, the bar would be raised. Who hires 500 extremely well paid recruits in one fell swoop
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by incredu: 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
prelinctus:

Just to clarify. Between 2013 and now, I have been employed - Twice actually. And I mean gainfully employed, bought a nice car, wore suit daily, lived in my own apartment, and whatever other thing employed dudes do. So there's a lot of experience.

At the moment, I am not employed. This situation is not even a year old. I still try to get busy with other non-work things.

Depending on what ur mindset is, the situation is better or worse than you think. Whatever! When is this list coming out?

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2015
This thinking is what I had been subtly referring to. I am appreciative there are voices drowning such out. Whatever your story is, kindly do not look down on others because you know not theirs. And in your being grateful and appreciative of yours, do not stagnate but rather strive to be even better.

I sincerely thought the time taken for this recruitment would have shown most of us real life but some are still cocooned. It's apparently good because you need all sorts of characters in teams to ensure success.

Like play like joke, neither ministerial list nor successful list is out. Uncle Babs, Oga Inuwa; Abeg give directive now. I want to make money for your company.
incredu:

Just to clarify. Between 2013 and now, I have been employed - Twice actually. And I mean gainfully employed, bought a nice car, wore suit daily, lived in my own apartment, and whatever other thing employed dudes do. So there's a lot of experience.

At the moment, I am not employed. This situation is not even a year old. I still try to get busy with other non-work things.

Depending on what ur mindset is, the situation is better or worse than you think. Whatever! When is this list coming out?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.