Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,002 members, 7,828,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1226232 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Ezinne1990: 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
Slowly but surely heading to page 300 undecided cry

Like joke like joke
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 9:33am On Mar 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 9:33am On Mar 24, 2016
As massive competition looms in the labour market, time to make yourself so useful and efficient in what you are now doing (developing yourself, earning more certifications and improving your skill level and with God's favour your cashflow will remain steady at the minimum.

Secondly, consider alternate sources of cashflow. Do not put all your eggs in one basket. Diversify your risks out.

A friend I know who works in the downstream has a recharge card retail business and laundry for meeting daily needs, a Unilever distributorship for monthly needs and his salary to save to take advantage of other opportunities. This model can be scaled down or upwards depending on your income level.

Just thought to share this with the GT Family. God bless us all.

Happy Easter in advance.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ItsTime4me(m): 10:16am On Mar 24, 2016
A good move by a country that has the interest of her citizenry at heart. Lol @ even nationalizing vegetable market. But the truth is that no government or kingdom ruled by man can solve our problems no matter how well-intentioned such government may be. The reason is that as humans, we are not created with the ability to rule ourselves. The only solution to mankind's problems is God's kingdom- a government that God had established in heaven, with his son Jesus christ as king. I am looking forward to the time when God will open his hands and satisfy the desire of everyone.
dane15:
For those considering Saudi Aramco offers, think twice...

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-in-era-of-cheap-oil-saudi-loses-shine-for-foreign-workers-2016-3

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by GetPosted: 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2016
dane15:
As massive competition looms in the labour market, time to make yourself so useful and efficient in what you are now doing (developing yourself, earning more certifications and improving your skill level and with God's favour your cashflow will remain steady at the minimum.

Secondly, consider alternate sources of cashflow. Do not put all your eggs in one basket. Diversify your risks out.

A friend I know who works in the downstream has a recharge card retail business and laundry for meeting daily needs, a Unilever distributorship for monthly needs and his salary to save to take advantage of other opportunities. This model can be scaled down or upwards depending on your income level.

Just thought to share this with the GT Family. God bless us all.

Happy Easter in advance.
Good one, dane15...one of the few concisely sensible pieces I've read lately on nairaland.
This is innocent/genuine "common sense"...not the MurrayBruce political type.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by kaitung: 11:28am On Mar 25, 2016
It is really a pity how the table has drastically turned. A once great company that achieved enviable feats when the expatriates were still in control. All that has been rubbished by the bureaucracy and non-chalant attitudes of the present Nigerian executives.

I do not see any justifiable reason for keeping people waiting for almost 3years, and in the end take only 1 in 12 of those who have met all set criteria in the next 4 months, and additional 1 in 11, subject to favourable business outlook in the next 7 months.

All we hear is how great the company is. We are just living in past glory i must confess.

It was once a great company, yes it was. I can't say same about today. We think we are OK at the moment as a company, but if we tell ourselves the truth, the world is drastically changing ...countries of same resources are planning ahead... I pray we don't get pushed to the shadows in a few years time.

8 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NPComplete: 11:33am On Mar 25, 2016
^^^Oy vey. sad
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 25, 2016
kaitung:

I do not see any justifiable reason for keeping people waiting for almost 3years, and in the end take only 1 in 12 of those who have met all set criteria in the next 4 months, and additional 1 in 11, subject to favourable business outlook in the next 7 months.

300/12 = 25-------- next 4 months

(300-25)/11 = 275/11= 25------next 7 months

And that is if the number still in the race is 300

Smh.....
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 12:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
kaitung:
It is really a pity how the table has drastically turned. A once great company that achieved enviable feats when the expatriates were still in control. All that has been rubbished by the bureaucracy and non-chalant attitudes of the present Nigerian executives.

All we hear is how great the company is. We are just living in past glory i must confess.

It was once a great company, yes it was. I can't say same about today. We think we are OK at the moment as a company, but if we tell ourselves the truth, the world is drastically changing ...countries of same resources are planning ahead... I pray we don't get pushed to the shadows in a few years time.

I'm compelled to step out of self imposed ghostmode. Your above thesis reminds me of the once great Delta Steel Company Aladja Delta State. At a point in its history it was the biggest thing in what is today called the South South. People quit Shell to work for DSC. Like NLNG they had a massive RA called Steel Towns (a mini Nigeria one street was called Vandekya!) which we called "township" in local parlance. The steel manufacturing plant I never got to see but I think it was. 24 hour operation. At its height DSC was like all those cities you see abroad. Roads swept, bins emptied, lawns manicured, electricity and water were a given. Then came a series of tumultuous planless leadership. And DSC failed. Woefully. Staff went unpaid for years. Today that massive company is a useless piece of real estate. And for some weird reason when I see pictures of NLNG IA and RA memories of DSC flash through my mind. And that feeling isn't right. But for as long as I live, I am #MadeOfSteel

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ItsTime4me(m): 2:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
Imagine the picture painted by an insider! Hmmm! Batch 1: 1 out of 12. Batch 2: 1 out of 11. @kaitung, what's the situation of the engineers going to look like? I am asking this because I am aware that unlike other non-technical GTs whose trainings can be done in-house, engineering GTs usually have their training in the Uk. As such, it would be more cost effective to train the engineers in group than in segments. So what's the plan like? I would appreciate your response, although I have a feeling that they are the once slated for the next 7months.
kaitung:

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
The numbers just don't add up in my head...but then, I no longer care about the numbers
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Prinzofparis: 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
oh mehn

at least I'm not the only one seeing things from this angle.

@airsaylongcon, mehn the DSC story is a pathetic one. As a child, I visited my uncles in DSC, it was a beautiful world out there. Fast forward some years later after graduating, I left uniben to Ekete Inland to inspect some properties. I took a stroll through the udu road and through DSC. meeeeeeehn, that place was like an abandoned police barracks!!!!!

@kaitung, since I applied for this opening, I have been doing reviews about the company regularly. Trust me nothing is changing, we hear d same thing over and over again. compare the company's growth rate and achievements in the last 8 years with its earlier years. You will see that its not really doing well as a company.

when compared to others in the industry, we can say NLNG is trying but when the company is compared to its own standards, it will score a D.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ItsTime4me(m): 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
Number of those still in the race=360. See how I came about this (please pardon me if I make any mistake o. I no no book o) Number to be absorbed=60 (from forkadict's 1960 code). Let the number still in d race be x. From kaitung's post, the first batch will absorb 1/12 of x i.e x/12; number of those left = x - x/12 = 11x/12. The second batch will see 1/11 of 11x/12 i.e x/12. Hence, total number of those to be absorbed is given as x/12 + x/12 = 60, which gives x = 360. So number of those still in the race is 360. This confirms cashme's info. Well, well, as it stands since we are expecting the first batch to resume 4months from now, I think the mails shall drop next week. Anyhow, #I still believe in Jah's undeserved kindness
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Yildiz: 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
Well.... Am certainly confused. Why waste the time of over 300 people. Why not end this long time ago. If it is 20 dey wan tek fine even if na 5. Let's just have a conclusion

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Aphrodite4(f): 6:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
Why bother speaking in "codes" when a full NL page will be employed discussing the "codes" after itz bn decrypted. Going through Dplacement's posts one can surely see the difference.
Basically I see all the codes, puzzles, riddles, and parables as just folks trying to yank pplz chains.
Dont know what anonymity you're going to get from it since ppl r definitely going to speak plainly about it and your initial "code" is easily traceable by just a click (or tap).
Honestly it's nt the wait that's truly irritating, it's the geezers who come here with differentiation, integration, and relativity equations all under the pretense of giving candidates inside info we cdnt really give a rat's tail about.
We'll b contacted when we'll be contacted period.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 7:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
Aphrodite4:

Honestly it's nt the wait that's truly irritating, it's the geezers who come here with differentiation, integration, and relativity equations all under the pretense of giving candidates inside info we cdnt really give a rat's tail about.

This word got me laughing out loud. Haven't heard it used in ages.

In other news, is anyone here doing their IFP MOOC?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by UGLYS: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
Aphrodite4:
Why bother speaking in "codes" when a full NL page will be employed discussing the "codes" after itz bn decrypted. Going through Dplacement's posts one can surely see the difference.
Basically I see all the codes, puzzles, riddles, and parables as just folks trying to yank pplz chains.
Dont know what anonymity you're going to get from it since ppl r definitely going to speak plainly about it and your initial "code" is easily traceable by just a click (or tap).

Is there anyway we can get rid of the rainbow shade? I need a clear view.

We'll be contacted when we'll be contacted
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by davide470(m): 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

In other news, is anyone here doing their IFP MOOC?
https://www.nairaland.com/2302183/free-on-line-course-oil-gas
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lambalamba: 7:37pm On Mar 25, 2016

Aphrodite4:

10 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Prinzofparis: 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
ItsTime4me:
Number of those still in the race=360. See how I came about this (please pardon me if I make any mistake o. I no no book o) Number to be absorbed=60 (from forkadict's 1960 code). Let the number still in d race be x. From kaitung's post, the first batch will absorb 1/12 of x i.e x/12; number of those left = x - x/12 = 11x/12. The second batch will see 1/11 of 11x/12 i.e x/12. Hence, total number of those to be absorbed is given as x/12 + x/12 = 60, which gives x = 360. So number of those still in the race is 360. This confirms cashme's info. Well, well, as it stands since we are expecting the first batch to resume 4months from now, I think the mails shall drop next week. Anyhow, #I still believe in Jah's undeserved kindness
Bro, the number I heard is heavy!!!...its exactly 133.333334 percent of your first figure. D number to be taken is approx 66.6% of your figures...

Anyways, we'll know for sure soon. We've heard so many things so far as this recruitment is concerned. Nothing is a news to me anymore. Whatever NLNG likes, they should do and get this over with.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 8:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
Aphrodite4:

Irritating, Geezers, Under the pretense, rat's tail. No further comments.

@Kaitung homeboy. I salute your courage. I learnt my bitter lesson long ago. Ever since, it's been #LipsSealed. Please do not stress yourself giving out any more info. As you can clearly see, 'They'll b contacted when they'll be contacted. Period.'

Respect homeboy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Yildiz: 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
I used to be optimistic about the recruitment but with the numbers dropping am beginning to.... Think
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ItsTime4me(m): 8:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
O really? But if this is the case, the authenticity of forkadict's and kaitung's posts would be brought into question. If, like you said, the number of those remaining is 133.333......% of my first figure i.e. 360, it follows that the actual number is 1.333*360=480 approx. Now, if we are to go by kaitung's most recent info, those to be taken in 4months' time = 480/12 = 40. And those to be taken in 7months' time would be (480 - 40)/11 = 40. This brings the total number to be absorbed to be 80, which defies the 1960 code. So, I feel the 360 figure is more like it, cos it is more in line with forkadict's and kaitung's posts, except their info is wrong. Whatever the case, # I will always rely on Jah's undeserved kindness
Prinzofparis:

Bro, the number I heard is heavy!!!...its exactly 133.333334 percent of your first figure. D number to be taken is approx 66.6% of your figures...

Anyways, will know for sure soon. We've heard so many things so far as this recruitment is concerned. Nothing is a news to me anymore. Whatever NLNG likes, they should do and get this over with.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ItsTime4me(m): 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
O bros forkadict. No be like that na. Why punish everyone cos of d sins of one or two people? Please stay with us and keep being our big brother. We need you and kaitung more than ever before. Please stay with us. Thanks to you and kaitung for the hints
forkadict:

Irritating, Geezers, Under the pretense, rat's tail. No further comments.

@Kaitung homeboy. I salute your courage. I learnt my bitter lesson long ago. Ever since, it's been #LipsSealed. Please do not stress yourself giving out any more info. As you can clearly see, 'They'll b contacted when they'll be contacted. Period.'

Respect homeboy.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by cashme28: 9:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
Prinzofparis:

Anyways, we'll know for sure soon. We've heard so many things so far as this recruitment is concerned. Nothing is a news to me anymore. Whatever NLNG likes, they should do and get this over with.
ItsTime4me:
O really? But if this is the case, the authenticity of forkadict's and kaitung's posts would be brought into question. If, like you said, the number of those remaining is 133.333......% of my first figure i.e. 360, it follows that the actual number is 1.333*360=480 approx. Now, if we are to go by kaitung's most recent info, those to be taken in 4months' time = 480/12 = 40. And those to be taken in 7months' time would be (480 - 40)/11 = 40. This brings the total number to be absorbed to be 80, which defies the 1960 code. So, I feel the 360 figure is more like it, cos it is more in line with forkadict's and kaitung's posts, except their info is wrong. Whatever the case, # I will always rely on Jah's undeserved kindness

With the way this recruitment has gone so far, i don't think any info given has been wrong. However, i think, info given were given based on available intel at that particular time, which were always subject to change. I am therefore surprised by the strong words used by Aphrodite, when sum1 is just being selfless in given information available to him/her...smh
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
ItsTime4me:

Nothing is cast in stone bro. The year we had our independence can turn to the year IBB staged his coup d'etat. It could even change to the year Buhari staged his. Again nothing is cast in stone.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 9:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
ItsTime4me:
O bros forkadict. No be like that na. Why punish everyone cos of d sins of one or two people? Please stay with us and keep being our big brother. We need you and kaitung more than ever before. Please stay with us. Thanks to you and kaitung for the hints

Ok. But the wait is almost over. I don't think hints would serve any real purpose at this time.

But rather than base your analysis on random figures or by working backwards from the solution to the problem, I'd rather adopt this approach:

1. Get the number of applicants invited for the AC.
2. Visit sHL and get the distribution of candidates in a typical assessment center. Someone once shared this in the past.
3. From (2) above, get the number of those left in the race.
4. Use the latest one in twelve and one in eleven info to calculate the number of potential successfuls.

@cashme. Mentioned something like intels changing with time. So it's possible the year of our independence has also voted for APC

P:S Kindly ignore this post if you feel the content is worthless to you. Quoting this post and insulting me when you know that the content is of no value to you will not be tolerated. Thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ItsTime4me(m): 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
O my wrong thought! Thanks big bro. Oya i no no history o. Those of una whe know history make una come decode this IBB and Buhari code
forkadict:

Nothing is cast in stone bro. The year we had our independence can turn to the year IBB staged his coup d'etat. It could even change to the year Buhari staged his. Again nothing is cast in stone.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
lambalamba:
Here we go again.
For the bolded word, speak for yourself. And if your brain can't solve any differentiation, integration or relativity equations, keep ur freaking fingers in your pocket and stop coming here to type trash.

I hate it when people come here to be forming 'we don't care', and 'we'll be called when we'll be called'. If that's the case why bother checking the thread? Just sit your butt wherever you are and chill till Q2 or Q3 or whenever and stop with your irrelevant preaching here. Period!

#abegLeaveTrashForLawma

When you arrive the island, I owe you a whole shipment of my imports make you take erase the stress of this wait and step dan (to borrow warfi lingua).

***hides from @Ezinne1990***

5 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Prinzofparis: 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
ItsTime4me:

lol,...my source has never been wrong sha as it concerns this process but there is always a first time.

what will be will be jare...even if they are taking 10...I hope I make it.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ItsTime4me(m): 9:45pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thank you so much bro. Infact Oghene vwiyor kevwe. I am particularly thrilled by the fact that the wait is almost over. I no won calculate again. All I can do now is just to # keep believing in Jah's undeserved kindness
forkadict:

Ok. But the wait is almost over. I don't think hints would serve any real purpose at this time.

But rather than base your analysis on random figures or by working backwards from the solution to the problem, I'd rather adopt this approach:

1. Get the number of applicants invited for the AC.
2. Visit sHL and get the distribution of candidates in a typical assessment center. Someone once shared this in the past.
3. From (2) above, get the number of those left in the race.
4. Use the latest one in twelve and one in eleven info to calculate the number of potential successfuls.

@cashme. Mentioned something like intels changing with time. So it's possible the year of our independence has also voted for APC

P:S Kindly ignore this post if you feel the content is worthless to you. Quoting this post and insulting me when you know that the content is of no value to you will not be tolerated. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.