Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja (1357 Views)

Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Air Crash Averted In Lagos After Abuja-bound Plane Develops Fault After Take-off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by donphilopus: 1:26am On Oct 29, 2013
Another air disaster was averted at the Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja on Monday as a Med-View Airlines aircraft from Lagos suddenly took to the air again at the point of landing in Abuja.

The pilot told the passengers that he took to the air again to avoid a collision with another aircraft on the tarmac.

The airline Flight VL2104 took off from the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos at noon and was scheduled to land in Abuja at about 1.05pm.

The pilot had already announced final descent into Abuja and asked all passengers and cabin crew to fasten their seat belts but the pilot suddenly took off to the air again with barely 30 seconds to touch ground.

The plane had 150 passengers on board. A correspondent of The PUNCH was one of the passengers.
After about three minutes of gaining altitude, the pilot announced that he decided to take off again to avoid colliding with an aircraft that was on ground.

He said that after he had been granted clearance to land, it was later discovered that the other aircraft was not fast enough, hence his decision to take off.

The aircraft hovered for another 20 minutes in the air before finally landing at about 1.30pm.

While the drama lasted, the passengers were panic-stricken, especially when the plane entered into turbulent weather on air.

The PUNCH correspondent said that among the passengers were five different complete families.

One of the passengers, a nursing mother, who was breastfeeding her son at the time the pilot took off again reportedly withdrew the breast from the boy’s mouth and started praying profusely while the baby’s cry rented the air.

When the plane finally landed, the passengers struggled to disembark.

“Are you still sitting down? Let me rush down in case it will suddenly take off again,” a middle-aged man was heard teasing one of his co-passengers.

The incident came less than a month after an Embraer aircraft operated by Associated Airlines with registration number SCD 361, conveying the corpse of a former Governor of Ondo State, Chief Olusegun Agagu, from Lagos to Akure for burial, crashed on October 3 shortly after take-off at Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos.

Thirteen passengers in the crashed plane were killed, including a commissioner in Ondo State, Deji Falae.

SOURCE
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Unblockable: 1:38am On Oct 29, 2013
Every week report??
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by joshbam: 1:39am On Oct 29, 2013
Is this an act of God again??
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by donphilopus: 1:42am On Oct 29, 2013
Only God would save this country
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by BluMalam(m): 1:50am On Oct 29, 2013
This report is very questionable. Med View airlines solely airlifts muslim pilgrims, amongst which pregnant/nursing mothers are not found as they are forbidden to go on pilgrimage. Therefore the 'nursing mother' angle invalidates the story completely. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by hammedkola(m): 2:00am On Oct 29, 2013
This reminds me of when i was in Maiduguri, Borno state (Home of "Who you know am talking about" ) "wink grin grin, We used to be scare of bomb explosion and gunshots, soon they became "Normal ringtone to me"

Well, back to the topic, I pray God continue to guide our movement.....Wait oh!, am flying to that maiduguri from this same Airport tomorrow, hmmmmm God, na your hand our journey dey oh!
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by donphilopus: 2:05am On Oct 29, 2013
hammedkola: This reminds me of when i was in Maiduguri, Borno state (Home of "Who you know am talking about"wink grin grin, We used to be scare of bomb explosion and gunshots, soon they became "Normal ringtone to me"

Well, back to the topic, I pray God continue to guide our movement.....Wait oh!, am flying to that maiduguri from this same Airport tomorrow, hmmmmm God, na your hand our journey dey oh!
Nanso ooooooo
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by donphilopus: 2:13am On Oct 29, 2013
Blu Malam: This report is very questionable. Med View airlines solely airlifts muslim pilgrims, amongst which pregnant/nursing mothers are not found as they are forbidden to go on pilgrimage. Therefore the 'nursing mother' angle invalidates the story completely. Correct me if i'm wrong.
I don't know much about Islam sha
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 29, 2013
This is alarming. It seriously shows that a lot of work needs to still be done. The transformation in the aviation sector should not be just on remodeling of airports, but of course, would also be necessary to develop and improve human labour. If need be, let compulsory annual seminars be created for the stakeholders in the aviation sector where latest global methods and techniques as related to the aviation sector will be passed on to the participants. This is because knowledge continually increases everyday.
And very vital also is the fact that Nigeria must cease to be a dumping ground for outdated, over used aircrafts. A large percentage of our aircrafts are mobile coffins.
Much still needs to be done.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by BabaEleko(m): 3:41am On Oct 29, 2013
Thank God for sparing us another tragedy.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Nobody: 3:57am On Oct 29, 2013
:
“Are you still sitting down? Let me rush down in case it will suddenly take off again,” a middle-aged man was heard teasing one of his co-passengers ...
...... And this one is absolutely Hilarious !!

255Million naira Bullet Proof Fraud can never be an ''act of God'' ... Choi shocked ...... But a Plane Crash averted !!!

Hmm, Naija !!!
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 29, 2013
Blu Malam: This report is very questionable. Med View airlines solely airlifts muslim pilgrims, amongst which pregnant/nursing mothers are not found as they are forbidden to go on pilgrimage. Therefore the 'nursing mother' angle invalidates the story completely. Correct me if i'm wrong.
So you mean the airline was meant to run only during Hajj. What does it do after pilgrimage then? Mr. Man, go and sit down. Didn't you read the part that says a journalist was aboard the flight undecided

3 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 29, 2013

Medview also flies LAG-ABV and even PH. I've used them from Lag to Abuja...so its not only a hajj airline.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Wsdm: 6:06am On Oct 29, 2013
joshbam: Is this an act of God again??
No, is an act of STELLA/DEVIL.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Wsdm: 6:09am On Oct 29, 2013
Baba_Eleko: Thank God for sparing us another tragedy.
A tragedy Stella is fervently praying for to divert attention from her 255m car scandal.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Wsdm: 6:12am On Oct 29, 2013
Idi Amin: So you mean the airline was meant to run only during Hajj. What does it do after pilgrimage then? Mr. Man, go and sit down. Didn't you read the part that says a journalist was aboard the flight undecided
May be the Journalist was also from Hajj. That is their penchant to cover up obvious weakness.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by ilaugh1: 6:13am On Oct 29, 2013
Nonsense story to sell a newspaper. The other plane wasnt moving fast enough, the Pilot noticed and went up again. So, you begin to blame Stella, GEJ and the entire Nigeria for the other plane not moving fast enough. Beside, it is a common practice for a plane to stay in the air if it couldnt land properly.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by chymystique(f): 6:37am On Oct 29, 2013
LoL.. Nobody wan die na y dem hurry disembark. Thank God for thr lives
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by donphilopus: 7:36am On Oct 29, 2013
Why would they want to lose their lives
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Unblockable: 7:37am On Oct 29, 2013
chymystique: LoL.. Nobody wan die na y dem hurry disembark. Thank God for thr lives
grin grin LOL
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by joshbam: 7:40am On Oct 29, 2013
Wsdm:
No, is an act of STELLA/DEVIL.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 29, 2013

(1)

Obudu Pictures / Destinations For First Time Travellers Travelling Abroad / BREAKING NEWS: Trailer Expusion At Cele Ijesha, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.