Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,773 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:22 AM

What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country (25275 Views)

Paying In And Withdraw Money In Foreign Country From Nigerian Bank Account? / Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? / Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by iamjean(m): 9:41am On Oct 29, 2013
For Nigerians who immigrated to foreign countries, what and what did you first notice was different from what you're used to ranging from the airport, people, population, lifestyle, romance, hopitality, sex,sexuality, job, school, culture, dressing, language, transportation, weather, electricity, government policies, food etc
Also Nigerian who were born and brought up outside Nigeria, narrate your first visit to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by iamjean(m): 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
Its not easy

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Polio: 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nothing.
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by juman(m): 5:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
I was sad that the sky of the Scandinavian country was like that of Lagos. grin

So why don't we have good and working system like the country?

11 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by llbhuds: 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
The day i realised im always on d same train with uk prime minister everyday.
Cant imagine dat happening in naija

15 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Davidoff2000: 9:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
Evertyin

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by iamjean(m): 12:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
Davidoff2000: Evertyin
like?
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Osama10(m): 8:51am On Nov 01, 2013
llbhuds: The day i realised im always on d same train with uk prime minister everyday.
Cant imagine dat happening in naija

Yeah saw the guy on the central line from mile end station.

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Rapmaestro(m): 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
Oyinbo dey chop garri inside nylon
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Caracta(f): 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
Earthquakes! sad

3 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by MillionDollars: 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
How Nigerians full there like criously
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by chelseabmw(m): 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
The Road Network lipsrsealed lipsrsealed when I first got to south Africa I was confused because I actually thought I was in Holland......The OR Tambo international airport is one of the best in Africa.... When I see our MM airport here in nigeria I can't just help but cry embarassed embarassed

12 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Lagosbabe1: 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by aminho(m): 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
peace and devlopment

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by free2ryhme: 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
iamjean: For Nigerians who immigrated to foreign countries, what and what did you first notice was different from what you're used to ranging from the airport, people, population, lifestyle, romance, hopitality, sex,sexuality, job, school, culture, dressing, language, transportation, weather, electricity, government policies, food etc
Also Nigerian who were born and brought up outside Nigeria, narrate your first visit to Nigeria

you got shocked and your never faint abi ..

wait thunder go strike you and we go see whether you go enter coma ..

rubbish
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by maxw726gmailc: 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
The number of Nigerians in Italy there must be at least 160 million as well

7 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
Free internet access almost everywhere in China.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Mamaflex(f): 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
Was't shocked. I was like WOW!
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by tjdj: 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
when i saw 'star lager beer" being sold at Obalende suya spot in Uk ....i knelt and thanked God for bringing good tiding

24 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Davo93(m): 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
Poor me,,, i have not gone beyond the shores of Naija... lols. Na small time e remain sha cheesy

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Zane2point4(m): 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
Immediately I dropped down the asian air liner to china,I realised I was on my own,stopped few hazy looking chinese guy to confirm my way to a hotel room,wot I heard was "chin chun hu".

9 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by otijah(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
Immediately I landed in togo, I started missing my dear ajegunle. No play ooo

2 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Laslim(m): 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
Are u askin me or tellin me?

3 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
I actually went to Nigeria for the first time in 2010 and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Lagos, Onitsha, the village... the entire experience. When one has everything in terms of basic amenities, it's easy to take little facets of life for granted. My parents and siblings were always complaining when NEPA took light. Instead I saved all my work, and would go outside for a stroll with my cousins, or find other ways to keep me busy. Funnily enough, bathing with dettol in my bath water and using bottled water to brush my teeth never fazed me. If other people can survive in that country, then so should I lol.

What SHOCKED me, however, were the lack of public toilets, the amount of trash in alleyways and gutters. The lack of public toilets didn't really hit me until we took a bus from Lagos to Onitsha lol. I drank no water and ate no food to survive that trip lol.

11 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
The British COLD!

Na that day wey I know say my Naija AC na pupil grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
Just about to.....#very_soon.. We go dey with prime minister 2geda..(Drinking garri insyd nylon 2geda)

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Pergrace: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
tj-dj:
when i saw 'star lager beer" being sold at Obalende suya spot in Uk ....i knelt and thanked God for bringing good tiding

grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by dryakson(m): 4:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
What shocked me to my bone marrow was the fast train flaying like birds in Berlin.
That was my first visit with my BOSS

ZUBBY77

If you follow Zubby go Germany, Portugal, Ghana, etc click LIKE

17 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Tropilo(m): 4:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
Some residential areas in New Orleans look very much like Montgomery area of Yaba, Lagos.

My first time in Houston, thought i was in Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
ogugua88: I actually went to Nigeria for the first time in 2010 and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Lagos, Onitsha, the village... the entire experience. When one has everything in terms of basic amenities, it's easy to take little facets of life for granted. My parents and siblings were always complaining when NEPA took light. Instead I saved all my work, and would go outside for a stroll with my cousins, or find other ways to keep me busy. Funnily enough, bathing with dettol in my bath water and using bottled water to brush my teeth never fazed me. If other people can survive in that country, then so should I lol.

What SHOCKED me, however, were the lack of public toilets, the amount of trash in alleyways and gutters. The lack of public toilets didn't really hit me until we took a bus from Lagos to Onitsha lol. I drank no water and ate no food to survive that trip lol.
public toilet?? for naija?? WEY BUSH FULL EVERYWHERE... nawa u ooo

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Damojo: 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
Right from the airport, the way they admire the Nigerian passoprt is surprising.

Then u hit d road after leaving the airport n u c clean roads or u see semi-unclad children (if u r visiting The Gambia)

Then the cuisine is awesome especially if u r visiting The Carnivores, Kenya.

I also love the weed and sexy bar tenders in Amsterdam and the hospitality of the pple in Cape Verde!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Nigerians Faint On Turkish Plane As Air-conditioner Fails (Pics, Video) / Governor Peter Mbah To Construct Enugu Central Terminal In 12 Months / Which European Country Is Best To Go For Hustling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.