Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:51 AM

What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country (25283 Views)

Paying In And Withdraw Money In Foreign Country From Nigerian Bank Account? / Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? / Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by tspun(m): 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
i have only been to benin republic ( port novo ) n d only tin that shock me is their constant power. (light).

4 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nakairogold(f): 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
When I entered a restaurant aπϑ found some naija peeps selling nkwobi. Dnt ask me d country i went to.
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by tunnex190: 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
cheesy person wey never comot yarsh from him village go dey claim say he dey Rome villa. God is watching you.

4 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
HIAN...
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by slap1(m): 4:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
Zane2point4: Immediately I dropped down the asian air liner to china,I realised I was on my own,stopped few hazy looking chinese guy to confirm my way to a hotel room,wot I heard was "chin chun hu".
That means you should give them chin-chin before you get the directions.

10 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by goldfish80(m): 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
My first travel outisde Nigeria was in My junior high,travelled to Cleveland ohio. I noticed that the crime rate is very terrible, a lot of gangs, drugs, prostitution. and all the people in cleveland ohio don't know how to drive. the schools are terrible, the people there are rude don't attempt to say hi to anyone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by smart134: 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
d rate of corruption in Naija
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by redcliff: 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
ogugua88: I actually went to Nigeria for the first time in 2010 and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Lagos, Onitsha, the village... the entire experience. When one has everything in terms of basic amenities, it's easy to take little facets of life for granted. My parents and siblings were always complaining when NEPA took light. Instead I saved all my work, and would go outside for a stroll with my cousins, or find other ways to keep me busy. Funnily enough, bathing with dettol in my bath water and using bottled water to brush my teeth never fazed me. If other people can survive in that country, then so should I lol.

What SHOCKED me, however, were the lack of public toilets, the amount of trash in alleyways and gutters. The lack of public toilets didn't really hit me until we took a bus from Lagos to Onitsha lol. I drank no water and ate no food to survive that trip lol.

your mouth for smell badly during the trip. tsk grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by redcliff: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
josh4ever: The British COLD!

Na that day wey I know say my Naija AC na pupil grin

naija Ac no fit give u pass 18 degree na. There you'l see -11. Even naija Ac sef go catch cold.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
deejay_harry1: public toilet?? for naija?? WEY BUSH FULL EVERYWHERE... nawa u ooo

I get shame o. tongue

redcliff: your mouth for smell badly during the trip. tsk grin grin grin grin

Mommy had chewing gum. grin
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
deejay_harry1: public toilet?? for naija?? WEY BUSH FULL EVERYWHERE... nawa u ooo
dies
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by slap1(m): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
ogugua88:
What SHOCKED me, however, were the lack of public toilets, the amount of trash in alleyways and gutters.
Please we have 'apian ways' and shortcuts in Naija; we don't have alleyways.

14 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2013

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by KwoiZabo(m): 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
as i reach mumbai train station from airport i shock for the plenty ppl wey i see. The country dey smell but dem like am. and camel wey dey cary person for sit for back. dem tell me say make i pay make dem carr me like okada i think say na joke oboy na for real o!

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2013
When I saw the big houses in nigeria. They looked like palaces. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by jawjaw1: 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2013
For me I was amazed by the how organized things are.
Everything to the tiniest detail is planned and executed.
For example, if there is a scheduled maintenance for the train system, the public is informed weeks before it happens.
On the day the maintenance starts buses are stationed to move people around the point where the work is being done. And it is done seamlessly.
Not even the harsh weather during winter (can get to about -45C) can stop the organized movement of people by car, bus or train across the city.
It is just amazing when you consider that I moved from a chaotic city like lagos (love the place though).

2 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
Zane2point4: Immediately I dropped down the asian air liner to china,I realised I was on my own,stopped few hazy looking chinese guy to confirm my way to a hotel room,wot I heard was "chin chun hu".

Lmao grin grin grin
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Edoblakky(m): 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
Each time I travelled outside Naija to a new country, I'm always shocked to see how far we've degenerated as a nation. My first time to Holland, see Schipol airport Amsterdam has a train station under it. Then I nearly died of cold at about 1 degree. Their trams and buses are timed without fail. I saw the biggest train station in Berlin Hofbanoff. The water shooting in Geneva is sweet to behold.

5 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Beennkumar(m): 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
My first visit to Nigeria was in 2009 and honestly I don't know what really shocked me. India's almost like Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
slap1: That means you should give them chin-chin before you get the directions.
eyaff killi me with laf
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by davide470(m): 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
When train stations in Malaysia has free wifi connection, 24/7 access to the internet, but our very own Eko Hotel Wifi is passworded.. Kai..

7 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by bloglover(m): 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
I couldnt find Okpa di óku angry

7 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by ritux: 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
The public bus system in Edinburgh. The bus time tracker. I know exactly the time the bus will pass through the closest bus stop to my house. 99% accurate and effective.

Lothian Bus Company too much. I can't wait to get into a public position and do that in my Senatorial District.

7 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Lack of eba, ogbono, egusi ..... cry

3 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by adconline(m): 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
When I won a ticket contest in front of a policer who issued me the citation in a court..

2 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by ITbomb(m): 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
Cleanliness and neatness
Almost as if nobody dey waka for the road

5 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Ediss(m): 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
What shocked me must was when I got to united states of warri in delta state all I see is area and agbero. Its was fun seeing them bitten a white man for not know how to eat garri and drink ogogoro grin
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2013

Now this is why I love nairaland. Lol

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by deeptesting(m): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
Good road network and cars have to wait for pedestrians to cross the road where there is zebra crossing....i was like so motor dey wait for human beings to cross road and na so dem dey stroll dey cross...Chei i come remember Lasgidi sharply.

7 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
redcliff:

naija Ac no fit give u pass 18 degree na. Theres you'l see -11. Even naija Ac sef go catch cold.

grin
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Harrisonn(m): 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ediss: What shocked me must was when I got to united states of warri in delta state all I see is area and agbero. Its was fun seeing them bitten a white man for not know how to eat garri and drink ogogoro grin

what's this one saying??

Don't derail or else you get banned.. i will not warn you again.

undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Olaone1: 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
This thread is not for ajepakos like me undecided undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Nigerians Faint On Turkish Plane As Air-conditioner Fails (Pics, Video) / Governor Peter Mbah To Construct Enugu Central Terminal In 12 Months / Nigerian Man In France Calls The Police On His Fellow Nigerian (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.