Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? (8821 Views)

A Song With A Positive Message!!! [a Future - Turn On The Light Cover] / What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians / Chris Brown Vs O' Marion & Usher Vs Ginuwine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
deejay_harry1: OFF WITH THERE HEAD. grin
Mu he he he grin wink wink. tongue

1 Like

Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
IamTitanium: Mu he he he grin wink wink. tongue
thunder fire u.. lol

grin grin was finna change tht thowink
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by pharmow: 9:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
Aromas:

Yes, if you don't have!!!!!!!!!! I have
A future dat we take our beloved country 2 greater height.
A future that I'll used 2 transform you if possible I come across you ni o!! NOTED

Your mumuself don talk........................No get Grace of God for that country and i'm very sorry for U. You'll understand what I'm saying once U set that your toothpick leg out of that country.
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Onegai(f): 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
theres the Society for Performing Arts (SPAN) which do ballroom, contemporary, ballet and other professional dances. They do musicals, train abroad and teach wealthy clients. They seem comfortableHowever, they dont just let anyone in. Kaffy is one, there's space for an innovative dance group. If you dance like any group in the Step Up movie franchise, even if Kaffy doesn't call you, someone else will offer you a great deal of money. The trick is to be innovative and then market yourself well. Don't be limited to Hiphop, and for goodness' sake, perfect your craft. Dance is meant to be beautiful, whether elegant or wild. I see too much sloppiness and unsharp chereography.
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
Codedrock: I think if there is a very good brake dancer like miko jacko for naija.. The person may be successful.
abego. .le gbagaun of life
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Ediss(m): 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
Yes for those that are destined, but for the others hmmmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Aromas: 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
pharmow:

Your mumuself don talk........................No get Grace of God for that country and i'm very sorry for U. You'll understand what I'm saying once U set that your toothpick leg out that country.

Dat's whr u lack common sense, if you don't have talent 2 show @ dis time dos dat means you don't have future? Silly people like you kill some 1 dreams
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
dvdon: Dance now, when ur mate dey huzzle u will just be Dancing in poverty maybe 'skelewu' or 'galala style'. My friend work heard for ur money n enjoy dancing as a hobbie, because empty belle no fit do 'Moon walk' oo u hear. Not in Nigeria.
lmao. Onpoint.
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by ikekings1: 9:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
dvdon: Dance now, when ur mate dey huzzle u will just be Dancing in poverty maybe 'skelewu' or 'galala style'. My friend work heard for ur money n enjoy dancing as a hobbie, because empty belle no fit do 'Moon walk' oo u hear. Not in Nigeria.
Lol.. Hilarious but true though..
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Emmakulate: 10:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
I knew of a guy which is very good in any kind of dance,despite his passion for dance that he did evri fin just to be well known.If u ar careless with ordinary N10,forget am he don take go buy food be dat.Dancer are hungry.
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by wheesin(m): 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
am a dancer in a crew... our future in Nigeria is not totally blank...just a matter of time
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by prettyboi1(m): 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2013
The poster of this topic must really belong to the generation of our grand parents who always thought/still think that if you're not a lawyer or a doctor,then your're going to die in absolute misery & poverty. @OP, a lot of dancers in Nigeria are doing very well for themselves & the generation which a lot of these dancers belong to have totally broken off cliche/zombie ideas & are following their passions & heart & breaking new grounds as opposed to the "enclosed world" our grand parents & parents had (always wanting their kids to be doctors,lawyers,etc.) A lot of people used to ask this kind of question about musicians in Nigeria. Today,we see how internationally acclaimed Nigerian musicians & Nigerian music are. Nigerians are really opening up to a lot of different careers & jobs & that's what would aid the growth of a great country further cos when everyone's doing the same kinds of job,a society CAN HARDLY PROGRESS. When we get dancers,astronauts,car-manufacturers,career-professional skaters etc & a lot of those professions the average Nigerian is always so scared to take up.....you'd see if the "unemployment" a lot of lazy Nigerians scream about won't drop drastically.

2 Likes

Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
ikekings1: Lol.. Hilarious but true though..
TRUE wink
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by pharmow: 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
Aromas:

Dat's whr u lack common sense, if you don't have talent 2 show @ dis time dos dat means you don't have future? Silly people like you kill some 1 dreams

No need for me to engage in e-talk talk less of e-abuse with you. I can see that your cerebral matter and comprehension level for my aforementioned point is too puny for you to understand what I implied. The message is meant for people that have mental faculty to comprehend it and I'm sure they vividly understood my point. Sorry I can't help your asininity
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Ritzzy(f): 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2013
Codedrock: I think if there is a very good brake dancer like miko jacko for naija.. The person may be successful.
i am a very great dancer....kaffy can't even do half of what i do, but i am not trying to make a career out of it...we have so many grt dancers in Nigeria...but most of us are just goin after something else,dance is a talent from God not to be played with and there is nothing God gives that is a waste...if everyone should go out publicly with dancing there wouldn't be space out there again....as for me it me,my family and my mirror.......best of luck.....

I know i didn't hit the nail on the head.....don't criticise me.......am sleepy.......
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Ojobojo1(m): 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
No, they don't, go to school and get a good degree
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Ritzzy(f): 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ojobojo1: No, they don't, go to school and get a good degree
datz a fact ma dr....degree first....that's where Nigeria lack alot....we just find something we know how to do and set out to do that(bold step) but stupidity....... No backup at allll........no plans as to what if it doznt work(strong faith)...we do have faith believing in stupid things.......why don't we put it somewhere better.......

1 Like

Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
You this read wrong.
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by kambili999(f): 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
pharmow: Does anyone has future in Naija if not for grace of God?
*coughs silently* uncle, does anyone 'have' n not 'has'
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
This op u have not heard of explicit before?? undecided that started making money through dancing right after they came out of the ;Dir mommas womb. undecided
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by abdulslutsky(m): 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
Paroman: What I if told you
That you read the top line
wrong?
Lol

And
What I if told u
I didn't:p
Ur w.e.e.d ws highly concentrated in jamaica
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by angelseddy(f): 12:19am On Nov 03, 2013
Yes you have a future to hold in Nigeria as a dancer as long as you do this; Ensure that you dance well, make name and money for yourself and then invest wisely cuz a day will come when that waiste of yours would have aged and ofcourse u become irrelevant in an ever growing competitive line of work.

1 Like

Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Elxandre(m): 12:50am On Nov 03, 2013
In Nigeria, It wont make you so much wealthy, but you could just be comfortable.
Kaffy this, Kaffy that, How much does she even earn from music videos? Does she ride ride a bentley like MI, Timaya, Ice prince et al? How many endorsment does she have? and that is after dancing for many years
Lets face the fact, the entertainment moneybag in Nigeria is The Music Industry.
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by agrovick(m): 3:38am On Nov 03, 2013
I dont have the ability to predict the future so I do not av an answer to the question raised
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by jimmysho(m): 6:41am On Nov 03, 2013
If you want to go professional in this field, I advise you must be a graduate in another field and ensure there is other source of income because without that one could be frustrated. You can also consider opening a dance studio and put in some basic facilities. It's selling seriously in Abuja especially for the rich kids. I wish you luck in your endeavors.
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by loswhite(m): 6:45am On Nov 03, 2013
pharmow: Una dey say ask Kaffy...........Una know wetin her eyes see before she reach where she dey.........once again Grace of God nah the key for naija
is there anything u will do on earth without say ur eye no see sumtin b4 u get to d top?
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 03, 2013
[quote
author=Monstertrucks]You this read wrong. [/quote] chei,,dis
malaria is bak again o....I tot i tod dat english teacher to stop
teaching u
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by mitchyy(f): 7:11am On Nov 03, 2013
I just discovered a lot of nairalanders lack the ability to read and understand.
Did the op tell you he's a dancer? He asked a simple question he has been thinking about and some r raining insults on him as though he is a pauper trying to make a living from dance.

How come everyone is mentioning same Kaffy? That proves dancers don't really make it. If you're asked if music is worth going into in Nigeria I bet there are one thousand and one artistes people will mention here.
Its a fact, we only have countable successful dancers in Nigeria. The others scrap for peanuts under the umbrella of the established dancers. Try breaking out on your own and go solo first, then approach p-square for a dance opportunity in their video and see if they won't knock you off. They already have kaffy, so who be you?

I know quite a number of dancers who work under Kaffy and your mouth go open if I mention the amount they receive per dance. They can't even break off because most pple would rather consult kaffy than use you and might even see u as a backstabber to her.

Truth be told. Most dancers dey roast for naija and some r only doing it because its fun, you meet peeps, you gain exposure and its guaranteed money coming in.

If there can be labels for dancers, same way we have record labels that recruit music artistes, dancers will thrive in naija.

Sometimes we are even the cause of it. We don't appreciate dance in events. I remember what a girl said during music meets runway immediately they introduced kaffy and her dancers. She said "abeg abeg which ones be this again? Na dance we come see here? Where wizkid now".
SMH!

1 Like

Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by akereconfi: 7:28am On Nov 03, 2013
Aromas:

Yes, if you don't have!!!!!!!!!! I have
A future dat we take our beloved country 2 greater height.
A future that I'll used 2 transform you if possible I come across you ni o!! NOTED

Wow, bros abeg, you too much, we appreciate your contribution. No comment again abeg
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Goldenheart(m): 7:32am On Nov 03, 2013
All the females will probably get married someday. That's a future. As for the males... I can't tell now cos I see more of unclad female dancers
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by christopherck: 7:43am On Nov 03, 2013
[/color][color=#006600]
Really dancing is a good profession, but the way and manner is been seen is the big question mark we must ask ourself most nigeria video I see is to show ladies showing 80% of their eve body and butt while the white people will make an ideal from dancing in their video

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VIDEO: Wizkid’s New Freestyle On Tim Westwood [watch & Download] / Banky W – Kololo (official Video) / VIDEO: Phyno – The Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.