Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? (8820 Views)

A Song With A Positive Message!!! [a Future - Turn On The Light Cover] / What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians / Chris Brown Vs O' Marion & Usher Vs Ginuwine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Onegai(f): 8:32am On Nov 03, 2013
Kaffy makes decent money (she did Darey Art Alade's show and I know everyone got paid well there). However, we're in Naija and people like to underpay their workers, and strangely love Jesus/Allah. I've heard Kaffy muscles everyone out (I've seen how the camera always focuses on her). And that's why I'll give this advice: be better than her, do something she cannot offer, audition on some national talent show, perform excellently even if once, put up a well-cut video on youtube, and get a very good manager (who can hustle and fight for you). You think if someone comes doing Wade Robson routines or robot-afro-break-dancing fusion, with excellent well-thought out chereo and costumes and a professionally shot video that gains even 5,000 views on yt, Psquare won't call them? Everyone won't rush there to pay them money to learn? Stop doing mediocre stuff, package yourself well and see if you won't get jobs. Every upperclass person in society in Lagos is going for "Eko the musical", which is all about Dance and Song. Those dancers then go on to offer classes to their patrons. Certain industries are only for the strong, and anything in entertainment, only for the survivors.

1 Like

Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by seangy4konji: 9:08am On Nov 03, 2013
there is no future at all for Young Nigerians apart from Grace from God....No be dem future dem don use d money buy bullet proof cars and expensive homes and travel while dem deh 2go,whatsapp,having sexx up and down and drinking while people who soppose uphold dem are focused on how to win election weh dem never know if dem go reach 2014....
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by ikekings1: 10:32am On Nov 03, 2013
Who's kaffy?
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by prettyboi1(m): 1:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
Onegai: Kaffy makes decent money (she did Darey Art Alade's show and I know everyone got paid well there). However, we're in Naija and people like to underpay their workers, and strangely love Jesus/Allah. I've heard Kaffy muscles everyone out (I've seen how the camera always focuses on her). And that's why I'll give this advice: be better than her, do something she cannot offer, audition on some national talent show, perform excellently even if once, put up a well-cut video on youtube, and get a very good manager (who can hustle and fight for you). You think if someone comes doing Wade Robson routines or robot-afro-break-dancing fusion, with excellent well-thought out chereo and costumes and a professionally shot video that gains even 5,000 views on yt, Psquare won't call them? Everyone won't rush there to pay them money to learn? Stop doing mediocre stuff, package yourself well and see if you won't get jobs. Every upperclass person in society in Lagos is going for "Eko the musical", which is all about Dance and Song. Those dancers then go on to offer classes to their patrons. Certain industries are only for the strong, and anything in entertainment, only for the survivors.

this is one of the best comments on here (in my opinion). Chick you said it well. Nigerians are typically very mentally-lazy people & that's why we are always too scared of change & taking up new things & that's why everything we do are mostly mediocre. There can be a future in any damn thing including "toilet-cleaning",it just depends on your packaging & if you're ready to break to chains of mediocrity & offer new things like you rightly said. I say it again "YES! DANCERS IN NIGERIA HAVE FUTURES & YOU ALL NEED TO STOP BEING SCARED OF BULLSHYTE & BREAK NEW GROUNDS INTO NEW CAREERS & PROFESSIONS. GODDAMMIT." I encourage all dancers to keep their dreams & work up....just try to be different & stop being scared or mediocre & you'd make it. cheers.
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by Mrskillz1(f): 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
I love dancing and am a very good dancer. I'm into break dance and choreography. Its what i love doing and i combine it with my studies. The way some ppl dig being an artiste, that the way i dig dancing. Its my thing and i love doing it.

Best part: i get paid for doing what i love.
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by satowind(m): 12:17am On Nov 04, 2013
Aromas:

Yes, if you don't have!!!!!!!!!! I have
A future dat we take our beloved country 2 greater height.
A future that I'll used 2 transform you if possible I come across you ni o!! NOTED

Nah waa who is ur english teacher?
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by mitchyy(f): 6:54am On Nov 05, 2013
Mrs killz: I love dancing and am a very good dancer. I'm into break dance and choreography. Its what i love doing and i combine it with my studies. The way some ppl dig being an artiste, that the way i dig dancing. Its my thing and i love doing it.

Best part: i get paid for doing what i love.
The question is, are you making a career from it? Can you survive from dancing? That's what the OP wants to know
Re: Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? by mayornel: 9:28am On Nov 05, 2013
Hmmmmmmm!!!!! Dancers get lots of hope FFD dancers are making it big time and they are fully into dance....they danced komole video... I REP VGC!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VIDEO: Wizkid’s New Freestyle On Tim Westwood [watch & Download] / Banky W – Kololo (official Video) / VIDEO: Phyno – The Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.