Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: (2967 Views)

Help!!! My Phone Has Been Hit With A Terrible Malware!! / The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria / How To Change My 4G Network To 3G Network Plz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by WilR(m): 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2008
Calls take forever to go through, At 1;00AM no calls go through at all. I wonder if it they are ok. plz how can we end this MTN's attitude? it appears as though they don't care anymore,because this has been going on for age's now.
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by luluosas(m): 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2008
No today? Go and buy the other network sims so that you are not forever lock out by the unreliable MTN. It's better that way.
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by hayprof(m): 10:20pm On Jul 09, 2008
Wat is ur complain? Wen u can buy a nu sim nd swap wen u need it.
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by sisqology(m): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2008
hayprof:

What is your complain? Wen u can buy a nu sim nd swap when u need it.

Y?
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by grock1(m): 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2008
y will one continue to swap sim? MTN is getting worse everydayif they can't provide a good service, y r they operating in the first place? there have been no gprs signal in my area for the past one week. . . mtn is the worst network for now. . . .
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by grock1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2008
y will one continue to swap sim? MTN is getting worse everyday. . .if they cant provide a good service, y r they operating in the first place?. . .there have been no gprs signal in my area for the past one week. . . mtn is the worst network for now. . . .
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by ExInferis(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2008
was talking on the phone when suddenly some irksome and entirely unsexy feminine voice butted in to alert me my credit was exhausted

call was dropped. dang!

bought a 400 recharge card, scraped off the pin by accident. DANG!

bougt a 200. gingerly took off the silver coating (couldnt they make this any easier?)

dialed the requisite buttons and the pin--waiting---CONGESTION, TRY AGAIN LATER.

Super dang!

waited a few minutes, tried again--SORRY, THE PIN DOES NOT EXIST

what the-?!!

tried again, same thing.

frustrated. getting angry.

walked to shop, made my complaints.

no, no refund after scratching.

huh?

shop girl collects card, loads pin in her phone-IT LOADED!

ok, calm down-just do a transfer from her phone to yours and walk away, nobody gets hurt.

dialed the transfer code--waiting--YOU ARE SENDING 200 CREDITS TO 0803xxxxxxxx. TYPE YES AND RESEND WITHIN 15 MINUTES

merrily typed YES!!!

waited 15 minutes

waited 25 minutes

waited half an hour

message from MTN: YOU FAILED TO RESPOND WITHIN THE 15 MINUTES WINDOW. SORRY, TRANSACTION CANCELLED

gaarr!!!

dialed 180 to complain to customer care.

says: NETWORK BUSY (busy doing what?)

tried again: error in connection

getting REAL angry now.

stumped. didnt know what to do.

absentmindedly checked credits: 40naira still remains!

that $&^&%$ computer cut me off prematurely!!

dialed my friend back: "THE NUMBER YOU'VE CALLED IS NOT AVAILABLE At THE MOMENT". pure lie!!

tried again.

network busy.

ok already! time to sms.

typed away, press send: BEEP! Check Operator Services

God, no.

suddenly my mate rings me back.

happily picked up call.

silence save for the shrill of a thousand un-oiled gear cogs assaulting my ears followed by gurgling noises, moanings, machine shrieks, what sounded like the wind in some hollow tunnel.

dropped the call. inst this suposed to be digital?

mate calls back again. now i can hear him, he for some reason cant hear me. then MTN drops the call.

he called back again, now he sounds like he's calling from the moon.

after a few minutes we gave it all up.

i'll just walk over to his house. sigh

just a typical day with MTN
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by grock1(m): 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2008
@ Ex inferis. . . lol . . .i can't just stop laughing hahaaaa!!!!!. . .abeg don't let MTN see this because if they do, they might pack up and run comot nigeria in shame. . . .
  wot you're saying is true .mtn hung me up yesterday, telling me credit exusted. i checked me credit back, and to my surprise, i still got 34 naira on it. . . wot the f**k is wrong with mtn lately?
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by hayprof(m): 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2008
@ex, wat a drama. .
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by femzy(m): 8:15am On Jul 11, 2008
lmao;
i go sell this joke to Basketmouth
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by luluosas(m): 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2008
Ex Inferis, i cant help but laugh. Wait a minute! Have you witness Celtel's customer care drama? You better do now.
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by ExInferis(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2008
im sure the above is a true life drama for a lot of you, hardly a day goes by when you dont want to throw your phone out the window.

here is a confession: i use my iphone for videos and music as an ipod.

my sim resides in a nokia 3410.

why?

because i the 3410 can take punishment.

i cant toss the iphone in frustration.

glue keeps the 3410 in place.

and to make it worse, when the NCC asks MTN to compensate us, their turn it into an Ad campaign and make it seem they were being generous.

i expected to get an apology alongside that meagre 175 naira, somethinhg like: "guy, sorry we have being assh0es these past six years and we know we have caused you no end of frustration and many phones tossed out the window. however here is 175 to calm you down while we sort ourselves out. cos we are assh0les".

now, if only they can get NEPA to compensate as well.
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by luluosas(m): 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2008
NEPA or PHCN may be the next to start paying compensation for consumption charges without service. I don't know sha!
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by just2nice(m): 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2008
This Ex Inferis,you don make me naff tire.I dey fill you jare.
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by brinebaba(m): 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2008
thanx 2 ma patience! d only tin i av done is to break ma sim cards!especially those green cards!
Wot a country in a continent.
I wonda if stuffs lik dis happen to{vodafone,3,02,etc}subscribers!
Gush!
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by Fadajasi(m): 10:58pm On Jul 16, 2008
Why?
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by hayprof(m): 8:11am On Jul 17, 2008
@brine, did u break em green sims or sold em' Off?
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by brinebaba(m): 8:14am On Jul 17, 2008
prof,on 2 diff occassions,i had 2 break my green sim cards!
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by hayprof(m): 8:19am On Jul 17, 2008
I refuse to accept ur claim, unless otherwise stated - u went for a Welcome Back pack?
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by ExInferis(m): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2008
its a serious sign of trouble when a company keeps changing owners and brand (read:Celtel) but its more dangerous when it cant get its acts together after seven years and numerous owners. some say its the Nigerian Factor bedevilling the Telcos.

whatever the Nigerian Factor is.

my opinion is that the Telcos just cant be too bothered with Quality service in an environment where comsumer protection is nonexistent. you cant sue them cos they outlawyer you, cant malign them cos they will sue you for libel and slander.

the only compensation is the morbid sense of satisfaction i get when they get vandalized. thats the only come-uppance (though i dont condone it here)

but here is a funny thing: the Nigerian government via its agent Nitel ruined the entire telecommunications industry through negligence, sabotage, incompetence, corruption etc.

it got so bad the government says it cant fix the sector and swore that only private Telcos can fix the mess.

now that the Telcos are in essentially the same boat as Nitel was, the government is berating the Private telcos and accusing them of incompetence!

"blessed are the dehumanized, for they have nothing to lose but their patience. false gods killed the poet in me, now i dig graves with artistic precision"

very fitting epitaph for our moribund Telcom industry.
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by MrInfo1(m): 1:51pm On Jul 18, 2008
Ever since i had gotten an MTN sim, have never been chanced to browse with their GPRS. It keeps giving me errors and miscalculations. (check the snapshot below)

Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by MrInfo1(m): 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2008
I got the line precisely for xtracool plus it was sold to me 3 weeks ago at a very cheap amount. 300=N= for the #0803 series cool
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by hayprof(m): 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2008
Go get a official sim @ any mtn accredited Office for #1700 i guess. .
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by MrInfo1(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2008
What for? at least the xtracooln purpose works undecided
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by MrInfo1(m): 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2008
On a second taught, does it mean that MTN simcard's sold by retailers/agents are all below the usual standards? hayprof take time o tongue
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by hansibone(m): 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2008
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm angry

and wats the beef wit mtn, celtel sucks, not to talk about GLO, and please dont mention Mtel, cos dey all av problems,

anyway it depends on the coverage power of the mobile operator in yo9ur area that determines the kinda service you recieve.

this is a very normal problem, between the hours of 6pm and 9pm all networks are very bleeped only God would help you make or recieve a call.

for now i have 2 mtn sims, one fcukin celtel and gawd, dey have blocked my green sim, because i refused to load dat gawddamn thin,

lol

wats up peps its been a while, grin
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by MrInfo1(m): 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2008
Currently, no network signal on my MTN phone. angry
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by hansibone(m): 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2008
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

@info

maybe ur sim is faulty,
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by MrInfo1(m): 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2008
Yeap, MTN is faulty. I just happen to be affected by her faultiness

Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by adebayo201: 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2009
Wao!
Different pple wit different problem.

Mtn sim iz d 1st eva sim i wuld av uzd 2 browse. Afta sumtyme,i deviatd 2 my normal 0802 sim wen pple ar nt callin nd sum guyz av show me aw 2 surf free.
I put settingz in my fone, load credit cardz,
den a tyme comez i abandon my yelow sim. A day i pick it up, dust it put it in my sim 4 browsin,
i waited 15secs, 20mins,even slept off wen xpectin d sim 2 update my fone automaticaly.
Switch off. On it d same problem.
Next day ntwrk piti me d tin show face not knowin dat it'z 4rm fry pan 2 charcoal fire, i start browzin, call enterz, picks d call, gprs sign disappears
voice nt cleard,
helo,helo, daddy! Daddy!helo! O God! Ha!
I disconect 2 continue my browzin wat i saw
LINK NOT AVAILABLE.
No NETWORK COUERAGE. Ha! I chek my fone both d gprs sign nd ntwrk runz 2 where i dnt know.
Can u believe dat til 2day i stil xperience d same problem.
Phone ringz ntwrk runz 4 1min. Customa care dnt want 2 care abt my condition. I tire jare!
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by honsule(m): 2:02pm On Sep 15, 2009
adebayo201:

Customa care dnt want 2 care abt my condition.

LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment: by puskin: 1:52am On Sep 16, 2009
@ade
R U sure U r not in one interior village?

(1) (2) (Reply)

CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 / Flash Share App APK For Android And Blackberry. / What Is Wrong With Airtel Network?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.