Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil (13133 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Barryp(m): 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
[quote
author=Pastor Olu T]

I will, but all should note that the book title is salvation from which
this was culled from. The book that deal with man n his end, is titled
The eight dispensation of man, I am still on it n would also send it to
as many emails I get.

God blesses u all, stay blessed n remain rapturable[/quote] My e-mail address is: paulattahusman@yahoo.com. tnx
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by hairyman(m): 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
Genesis is the most unliteral book in the bible. It is so unliteral that if you had a church I would advice people never to show up there for quoting this and laying a long line of quite fantastic explanations and connotations. Read the bible with an open mind. You will understand it a whole lot better.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by emma4eva(m): 8:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
pls send me d book, meetemma4eva@yahoo.com
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by hairyman(m): 8:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
In the same genesis which tells of the (parable of) creation of man, it is written that cain went among the moabites to buy a wife. Were the moabites also a work of the devil. Adam is not the first man and the story of adam and eve is so clearly some kind of a parable that I don't understand how you get along with this your verbatim quote and fantastic derivations. (Credit to you, you stumble upon the right theme in your derivations then blunder away again almost immediately)
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by 4dbeta: 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
@Pastor Olu T
If u would want to, u can send me ur
email address so I can send u a book I
wrote on salvation, for then u will
understand better.

Pls Pastor, i am interested in ur books. Can u kindly send dem(Salvation and The Tree of Life) to d following email add?
4dbeta@gmail.com
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Ubty: 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
Cn u send me d e-book also? Ubmac40@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by hairyman(m): 8:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
I once discussed certain dissertations on the bible I read with a born again lady. She got quite upset when I said for instance that Moses did not write genesis, infact many many dissertations and studies show it was written by at least three people at different times! She was upset because she couldn't understand why I cannot just accept things the way they are rather than trying to find out more (imagine that, upset I was interested in the truth!!!) Well I state very matter of factly once again that Genesis I not a literal account of creation.
Read the bible for heaven's sake, all of it! Don't choose the one that suits you and ignore the rest.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Daniceasarb(m): 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
emekus_brown@yahoo.com dis is my email address
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I will, but all should note that the book title is salvation from which this was culled from. The book that deal with man n his end, is titled The eight dispensation of man, I am still on it n would also send it to as many emails I get.

God blesses u all, stay blessed n remain rapturable
I need'am all send 2 kingsleyonyeagba@gmail.com
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by bokohalal(m): 9:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
I have given up on Black Christians and Muslims. All of you are in darkness and will remain in it. Just a little allowance of thought will convince you of the bondage and servility you have imposed on yourself. Any wonder that the Black Race is the most backward of all Races? Even the Europeans had to break out of the Dark Age and embark on enlightenment but my people are going back there and living in ignorance. Shame!
Tree of knowledge in garden of Eden? What a laugh. And someone is devoting time to write a commentary on religious fable? Shame, again.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
shewantsme: Started from the forbidden-tree, now we are here.

Now my whole team is here. Started.
LMAO Drizzy shii...lol
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
@Pastor Olu...my e-mail sir >>> biodun2kool@gmail.com
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by DonaldGenes(m): 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Thank God, I will get to u later in the day
This is surely a good read,for all the more reason i LOVED GOD esp the way He creatively created us, my dear, don't stress yourself too much for it is said, a fool shall say there is no God, Hell fire is sure for those who don't want to change(written in the Bible)
In the light of the above,I've painstakenly read it all with sheer max satisfaction and i will share this to others

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by DonaldGenes(m): 11:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
Onliie:
Because man must choose between Him and devil. Because the devil told God he can turn the man he created against him. Because it is a contest from the beginning. Because there is a legal battle going on between God and the Devil. It continues to this day.
And the devil knows his time is up when he will be rendered poweless by the coming of Jesus Christ, and that was why he is hellbent on deceiving man eventhough he(devil) can't create a single thing..God is surely very patient if not It doesn't take Him a second to destroy devil,He is just bidding His time..May God grant Mercy sha..May His will be done and His Glory live forever

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by pazienza(m): 5:09am On Nov 04, 2013
I am not a xtian,but i always find Obadiah's bible explanations thought provoking. Obadiah and most high,if you guys are still alive,i would want to see you guys explanation of this bible story.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by IcekrimPaul007(m): 1:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
here is my email, icekrimpaul007@yahoo.com i need dat e-book on salvation. tnx sir
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by strategy: 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
PLS. CAN I HAVE YOUR E-BOOK ON THE "DISPENSATION".
my email....strategalbert007@yahoo.com
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Cockpitboy(m): 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
The story of Adam and Eve is another fairy tale just like any other religious story about the origin of man. No human saw when, how, where Adam was created. So any precise detail (some claim about inspired men of God) with regards the happenings in the Garden of Eden should not be taken too seriously. There is a God, an intellectual and Liberal one at that...(check how symmetrical and artistic his creations are, realise how nature never gets cheated) and Christianity may not be too accurate in its Genesis story.

The solution to all these problems was simple. Eliminate the devil out of the equation completely and there would have been no need for Jesus Christ to come and stress himself out here. So if God could not trash out the devil, then every other Biblical story about God sounds funny to me.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by XaintJoel20: 9:57am On Jul 10, 2016
[quote author=PastorOluT post=19177023]While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:18

Once the attention shifts from the spiritual to the physical, there is no way we can please God anymore, because we will no longer be concerned with the things of God; this is the sin of Adam, eating the forbidden fruit. Eating the fruit made Adam carnal and sense ruled, he fell from grace to trying to get things done himself. Really, it was not God that brought curse to the ground because of Adam, though God pronounced it for the manifestation, he brought the curse upon himself because the moment he ate the fruit he fell from grace and the consequences of falling from grace is to struggle. In effect even if God had said nothing, Adam would still have struggled right from then on.
Being sense ruled is very dangerous because you will try to reason everything out and the truth is when you are dealing with God, human reasoning becomes foolishness. Whatever God does becomes foolish in the eyes of the so called learned, little wonder the bible says the preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that are perishing. The bible also says that the foolishness of God is wiser than man, and that He uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. The mind has its own place and it is very important to man (man a three dimensional being), which was why God made man a conscious being, but the mind is meant to be subject to the spirit.

The reason God created us spirit, soul and body and not the other way round is that we should rule spiritually and that the soul and body should be subject to the spirit. The soul has so much control on the body and can be greatly influenced, when the soul is so filled, the body moves in the direction of the soul. This is the very reason it is dangerous to let the soul alone to be driven by the things of the world, whereby it becomes corrupt. The mind can be used for good or bad depending on what it is subjected to, if the mind is ruled by the spirit (thus Holy Spirit), it can be used for good but if let alone it can be disastrous. In this case, the spirit of the Lord could rule a man or that of the devil, so even the mind under the influence of the spirit can still go either way.

The same temptation Adam fell for at the beginning, many are still tolling that path, the devil is still using the same old tricks. He gets us to be ruled by the mind, for he knows that while we are always sense ruled, we can never please God. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. Romans 8:8

When the bible talks of the flesh, it is talking about being carnal or sense ruled. The bible always contrasts walking in the spirit as against walking in the flesh because that is the simple difference of belonging to God or the devil. The bible says anyone that does not have the spirit of Christ in him is none of His.

The devil tempting Adam to eat the fruit knew exactly what he was doing, he knows that he is powerless against man and that man stands in a place he can never get him. He knows that man being spirit ruled, under the umbrella of God and still obedient; he needs only to bring him to a place where he can have power over him, this was exactly what happened in the eating of the forbidden fruit. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is not evil in itself but because God said man should not eat of it, it became evil. The tree does what it was said to do, enlighten and makes us like god, but God never intended it to be what will perfect us. First and foremost we are already like God, though we are not perfected and there is a need for that, but the way God prepared is quite different from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, but the tree of life (read my write up on the tree of life). Adam did not only sin against God in eating the forbidden fruit, he sinned against humanity and was about to turn everything around and reverse the plans of God for all eternity, but thank God Jesus came and all things was restored and made better, and the original way God intended for us to be perfected was kicked back into effect.

This is a wonderful write-up though I am coming to know about it now. Please what do you mean by "8 dimension", and which has past, which one are we now and when is the other 3 coming up?
I would like to get your Ebooks..
Thanks and God bless...
More ink to your pen...

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by XaintJoel20: 10:06am On Jul 10, 2016
Please send you Ebooks to joeliyoha1@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muhammed And The Flying Horse / @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. / Ouija Boards: Experiences and Opinions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.