Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit (28616 Views)

The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) / The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. / The Secret Purpose Of The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good & Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
In the book of Genesis 2:17 God told man

"but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."

And man understood what God meant.

This technically means that man already understood the concept of good and evil (Life and death) even when he had not tasted of the fruit of the tree.

So what was the essence of the punishment meted on Adam and Eve?

What was the essence of the tree in there? Was it to test their inconsistency when it's obvious they were going to fail?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by thebestonearth(m): 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
emmyrichie:

"but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."

This technically means that man already understood the concept of good and evil (Life and death) even when he had not tasted of the fruit of the tree.

So what was the essence of the punishment metted on Adam and Eve?

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by jamex93(m): 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2015

Happy Sunday is all I can say

1 Like

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
jamex93:

Why are you vexed?
Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
emmyrichie:

What was the essence of the tree in there? Was it to test their inconsistency when it's obvious they were going to fail?

They didn't know exactly what God meant all they knew was that God didn't want them to eat a certain fruit so they obeyed

18 Likes

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by wtfCode: 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
na question u dey ask?
All i know is that God created man in his own image,which means we have to be thinking like him atleast. Therefore, man naturally knows good and bad(which is implanted in our consciousness).

5 Likes

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by myqel(m): 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
Fear women undecided

5 Likes

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
wtfCode:
na question u dey ask?
All i know is that God created man in his own image,which means we have to be thinking like him atleast. Therefore, man naturally knows good and bad(which is implanted in our consciousness).

And what was the essence of planting the tree of good and that of evil in the garden when they already had the knowledge in them?

1 Like

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by wtfCode: 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2015
emmyrichie:

And what was the essence of planting the tree of good and that of evil in the garden when they already had the knowledge in them?
ask God nah

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
emmyrichie:

LOL y'all still think like Sunday school kids grin

What happened in the garden of Eden was fornication between Eve and the serpent! The product of that acts was Cain; that was why he had no light of God in him. Abel on the other hand was from Adam and Eve; it was a clear case of twins with different Fathers.

The serpent was created a homo-sapien like man but without godliness in him which was why Satan easily used him to deceive Eve into fornication. It was after the fall of man that God cursed the serpent and he became a snake crawling on it belly.

The fruit they ate wasn't an apple brother. The mouth Eve used is the one down there. She ate from the serpent and her husband the same day! That's why God frowns at sexual sin; it is what reduced us to what we are today. Sin took over the world in Gen 6 when the serpent seeds completely got mixed up with godly children in the lineage of Seth son of Adam which led to the destruction of the old world by water. The serpent seed in us still escaped through Noah, which was why we needed redemption from an uncorrupted and righteous man Jesus Christ (God in the flesh).

This was what Mother Eve actually did ;

Proverbs 30:20

Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

What happened in the garden of Eden was fornication between Eve and the serpent! The product of that acts was Cain; that was why he had no light of God in him. Abel on the other hand was from Adam and Eve; it was a clear case of twins with different Fathers.

The serpent was created a homo-sapien like man but without godliness in him that was why Satan easily used him to deceive Eve into fornication. It was after the fall of man that God cursed the serpent and he became a snake crawling on it belly.

The fruit they ate wasn't an apple brother. The mouth Eve used is the one down there. She ate from the serpent and her husband the same day! That's why God frowns at sexual sin; it is what reduced us to what we are today. Sin took over the world in Gen 6 when the serpent seeds completely got mixed up with godly children in the lineage of Seth son of Adam which led to the destruction of the old world by water. The serpent seed in us still escaped through Noah, which was why we needed redemption from an uncorrupted and righteous man Jesus Christ (God in the flesh).

Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

Of what use is lying about what transpired in the garden of Eden in the bible?

If eve was carrying the seed of lucifer in her why then did God not destroy her and form another wife for the man?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by jamex93(m): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
emmyrichie:

Why are you vexed?
ha don't know o
Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by ikes9(m): 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
emmyrichie:

Let me tell yhu this...
From my own point of view
God put the tree in the garden knowing fully well that Adam and Eve would fall(eating the fruit)...There's no righteousness without sin...sin entered the world so that man would be tested...And when man passes this test his reward would be eternal life...There's a great plan that yhu and I can't understand now...So instead of asking questions that'll only confuse yhu further just live a good life so you'll go to heaven and then,yhu can ask God all the questions

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 01, 2015
emmyrichie:

Of what use is lying about what transpired in the garden of Eden in the bible?

If eve was carrying the seed of lucifer in her why then did God not destroy her and form another wife for the man?

Hey bro; this is not a lie!

Just because this doctrine isn't popular and is not preached in Churches doesn't make it a lie. If you are truly seeking truth, then take out your time to fast pray and God will reveal hidden things to you.

If God had destroyed Eve, Satan would have been justified for rebelling against Him. The woman was just a field given to Adam to sow godly seed unfortunately Satan sowed his own seed too for his own perverted agenda, but God in His infinite wisdom and foreknowledge knew this would happened; which was why He created another way of harvesting godly children through Christ Jesus (Our salvation).

This is exactly what is happening in the Church of Jesus Christ today. Read the parable of the wheat and tares - Matthew 13:24-30.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 08, 2015
undecided
Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Goshen360(m): 6:27am On Nov 08, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

The serpent was created a homo-sapien like man but without godliness in him which was why Satan easily used him to deceive Eve into fornication. It was after the fall of man that God cursed the serpent and he became a snake crawling on it belly.

The way you butcher scriptures baffles me! The serpent theory in Eden is satan inspired messages and I know the source. The serpent theory in Eden is completely foreign to the Christ's church and the Apostolic message.

King James Bible
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Romans 5:19

He didn't say by "sexual sin" but "by disobedience" to God. Sin entered the world when Adam disobeyed because all human race (including Eve) was in Adam as a seed of God. That's why every one also "in" Christ is reversed back to from the "sin nature". Quit promoting the serpent seed in Eden, it is satanic and unscriptural!

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by sholay2011(m): 6:37am On Nov 08, 2015
Goshen360:

The way you butcher scriptures baffles me! The serpent theory in Eden is satan inspired messages and I know the source. The serpent theory in Eden is completely foreign to the Christ's church and the Apostolic message.

King James Bible
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

He didn't say by "sexual sin" but "by disobedience" to God. Sin entered the world when Adam disobeyed because all human race (including Eve) was in Adam as a seed of God. That's why every one also "in" Christ is reversed back to from the "sin nature". Quit promoting the serpent seed in Eden, it is satanic and unscriptural!
You dey mind am? Butchering the scriptures in a bid to interpret what is so clear.

Adam also ate out of the forbidden fruit. Does that mean he slept with the serpent too (if the serpent is the forbidden fruit)? Or Eve was the forbidden fruit? After same God told them to be 'fruitful and multiply'.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 08, 2015
Goshen360:

King James Bible

Brother, I don't have time for academic arguments. If you believe that you are spiritual enough then humble yourself before God and make inquiries from the holy ghost and the truth about the serpent seed teaching would be revealed to you.

You don't understand the word of God by believing other people's assumptions on a holy ghost inspired teaching. Don't base your judgements on what you read online! The world would never love the truth, that's why our Father chose us out of the world.

John 15:19

If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

I argued this teaching the first time I heard it myself, until I was fully born again before the holy spirit revealed some hidden truths to me. I was once in error following Obadiah and his crew ignorantly but not anymore! I have found the truth and the holy spirit bears me witness in it..

If you have the holy spirit you wouldn't struggle to understand the mystery of iniquity. You can't know God by studying the Bible alone, you need the spirit of truth (Holy spirit) to guide you; when you receive the baptism of the holy ghost, whatever area you are having difficulties understanding, he would help you sharply. And when I said the holy ghost, it's not all these fake speaking in tongues o. If you receive the holy spirit the evidence would reflect on the fruits you bear...the way you live your life! The holy ghost comes with a gift which vary from person to person; but the key evidence is the life you lead. There is a difference between the anointing of the holy ghost and the baptism of the holy ghost which is why some anointed men of God are still fornicators, adulterers, liars etc whose end is destruction!

Another thing is, there are a lot of things that God frowns at that are not written in the scriptures; that's why every Christian needs the holy ghost, without which you would never be able to know how to live a life pleasing before God.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Highcuerayte: 7:09am On Nov 08, 2015
The Tree Of life is Elohim and Tree of Good and Evil is Lucifer. Tree represent people,a family line and not literally a tree.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by frankman365(m): 7:22am On Nov 08, 2015
The fruit brought knowledge. Even the feeling of unclothedness was as a result of knowledge.
Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 08, 2015
Highcuerayte:
The Tree Of life is Elohim and Tree of Good and Evil is Lucifer. Tree represent people,a family line and not literally a tree.

And what was the tasting and eating thing in respect to the fruits?
Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by ipreach: 7:28am On Nov 08, 2015
Remember what the bible said in Genesis 1:26 when God SAID ''Let us make a man in our own image, after our likeness''

This means that Man was created to BE god, he knows everything but as a god he must live a righteous and holy life even in THE midst of adversaries and adversities.

And the devil knew that already that is why he went to the woman knowing full well that the woman is a ''weak'' creature.

So Op, man knew good and evil but as a mini-God, the grace was there to overcome all the evil that may come his ways

1 Like

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 08, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

Brother, I don't have time for academic arguments. If you believe that you are spiritual enough then humble yourself before God and make inquiries from the holy ghost and the truth about the serpent seed teaching would be revealed to you.

You don't understand the word of God by believing other people's assumptions on a holy ghost inspired teaching. Don't base your judgements on what you read online! The world would never love the truth, that's why our Father chose us out of the world.

John 15:19

If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

I argued this teaching the first time I heard it myself, until I was fully born again before the holy spirit revealed some hidden truths to me. I was once in error following Obadiah and his crew ignorantly but not anymore! I have found the truth and the holy spirit bears me witness in it..

If you have the holy spirit you wouldn't struggle to understand the mystery of iniquity. You can't know God by studying the Bible alone, you need the spirit of truth (Holy spirit) to guide you; when you receive the baptism of the holy ghost, whatever area you are having difficulties understanding, he would help you sharply. And when I said the holy ghost, it's not all these fake speaking in tongues o. If you receive the holy spirit the evidence would reflect on the fruits you bear...the way you live your life! The holy ghost comes with a gift which vary from person to person; but the key evidence is the life you lead. There is a difference between the anointing of the holy ghost and the baptism of the holy ghost which is why some anointed men of God are still fornicators, adulterers, liars etc whose end is destruction!

Another thing is, there are a lot of things that God frowns at that are not written in the scriptures; that's why every Christian needs the holy ghost, without which you would never be able to know how to live a life pleasing before God.

Tell me more about the wheat and tares.
Then tell me about nature cos am suspecting we are on the same page spiritually.

2 Likes

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Goshen360(m): 7:38am On Nov 08, 2015
DoubleDeeX,

I don't have time for unscriptural interpretation too. Let scripture interpret scripture and let's not try destroy scriptures with our own philosophies. You're so special that the same Holy Spirit never revealed this same serpent theory to Christ nor the Apostles. Again, quit promoting the serpent theory, it is completely foreign to the early church and Apostles' doctrine.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 08, 2015
sholay2011:

You dey mind am? Butchering the scriptures in a bid to interpret what is so clear.

Adam also ate out of the forbidden fruit. Does that mean he slept with the serpent too (if the serpent is the forbidden fruit)? Or Eve was the forbidden fruit? After same God told them to be 'fruitful and multiply'.

@Goshen360, nothing I wrote that is unscriptural here. But let's leave it for now, I'm going out now. I will make one post again when I'm back online, and if you are not convinced then you can hold on to whatever rocks ya boat!

The man Adam was NOT in the transgression brother; the only mistake he made was sleeping with his wife when he knew she had been defiled by the serpent. The moment he did that, he became one with his wife in spirit making him guilty of partaking in the transgression. That's why any woman you sleep with becomes united with you in spirit, then her problems become yours and yours hers (1 Corinthians 6:15-20). Sex is a spiritual thing...It's a pity y'all don't know this!

That's why every woman Pastor is on her own (Read 1Timothy 2:11-13)

1Timothy 2:14-15

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self- control.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Goshen360(m): 8:13am On Nov 08, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

@Goshen360, nothing I wrote that is unscriptural here. But let's leave it for now, I'm going out now. I will make one post again when I'm back online, and if you are not convinced then you can hold on to whatever rocks ya boat!

The man Adam was NOT in the transgression brother; the only mistake he made was sleeping with wife when he knew she had been defiled by the serpent. The moment he did that, he became one with his wife in spirit making him guilty of partaking in the transgression. That's why any woman you sleep with becomes united with you in spirit, then her problems become yours and yours hers (1 Corinthians 6:15-20). Sex is a spiritual thing...It's a pity y'all don't know this!

That's why every woman Pastor is on her own (Read 1Timothy 2:11-13)

1Timothy 2:14-15

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self- control.

I hear you but truth is constant through out the scriptures.
Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 08, 2015
Goshen360:
DoubleDeeX,

I don't have time for unscriptural interpretation too. Let scripture interpret scripture and let's not try destroy scriptures with our own philosophies. You're so special that the same Holy Spirit never revealed this same serpent theory to Christ nor the Apostles. Again, quit promoting the serpent theory, it is completely foreign to the early church and Apostles' doctrine.

Have you ever wondered why Jesus Christ called the teachers of the law "a generation of vipers' (Matthew 23:33)? and also told them that they are of their father (Cain, the first murderer) when they insisted that they were not born of fornication but are children of God (John 8:41-44)? Smh! The lineage of Seth son of Adam were all godly seed (Children of God) until humanity got mixed up with Cain's descendants (Children of Men) in Genesis 6.

You are still a babe in the things of the spirit of God. And I repeat, this doctrine is not foreign to the scripture. Every Jew knows the truth about this, I don't understand why it's difficult for Nigerians to understand this simple truth!

Humble yourself before God brother, if not you won't be able to walk out of the error you've fed yourself and your followers!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 08, 2015
Dnacode:

Tell me more about the wheat and tares.
Then tell me about nature cos am suspecting we are on the same page spiritually.

Okay brother. That would be later. Good to know that you are interested in knowing the truth!
Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Highcuerayte: 8:21am On Nov 08, 2015
emmyrichie:

And what was the tasting and eating thing in respect to the fruits?
the fruits are the evident work of the tree just as the Fruits of the Spirit. When Eve ate the fruit, she took part with the tree,sexual encounter with Lucifer giving birth to Cain and his brother Abel.Both are Lucifer's seed.
Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Goshen360(m): 8:26am On Nov 08, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

Have you ever wondered why Jesus Christ called the teachers of the law "a generation of vipers' (Matthew 23:33)? and also told them that they are of their father (Cain, the first murderer) when they insisted that they were not born of fornication but are children of God (John 8:41-44)? Smh! The lineage of Seth son of Adam were all godly seed (Children of God) until humanity got mixed up with Cain's descendants (Children of Men) in Genesis 6.

You are still a babe in the things of the spirit of God. And I repeat, this doctrine is not foreign to the scripture. Every Jew knows the truth about this, I don't understand why it's difficult for Nigerians understand this simple truth!

Humble yourself before God brother, if not you won't be able to walk out of the error you've fed yourself and your followers!

Open another thread for this discussion and mention me. So we can stop distracting this thread! All though, I might come respond quick as you would want me to if you open the thread because of my busyness but I will definitely attend such thread.
Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Highcuerayte: 8:30am On Nov 08, 2015
Goshen360:

Open another thread for this discussion and mention me. So we can stop distracting this thread! All though, I might come respond quick as you would want me to if you open the thread because of my busyness but I will definitely attend such thread.
Humble yourself and learn bro

2 Likes

Re: Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit by Goshen360(m): 8:37am On Nov 08, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Humble yourself and learn bro

It's not about humbling one's self or not. It's about saying what scripture didn't say. If you like also, you can as well open the thread so we can discuss it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Juliana Olayode Accuses Pastor Timilehin Of Sexually Abusing Her Sister / Samuel Kelechi Eze, Polygamous Bishop Of Anglican Church In Akwete Abia- 2 Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.