Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? (13531 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
naija noni:
So u expect 15-20yr olds to play better than d 30yr olds we used in d past??.
What are they before ??.Proffessionals ??.
They are truely amateurs that play better than proffesionals.
I prefer to have only 20 percent of ball possesion,let d opponents dominate but score goals and win 5-0,6-1 than to have 60 percent ball possesion and win 1-0, 2-0,draw 1-1 like our senior national team.
The thing about this team is that they are very precise and direct,they dont beat around the bush like d senior national team and other teams.Every attack leads to a goal or nearly lead to a goal.They score when they want to.
True!
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ninapha: u go night school? When smart children are already in year 2 in the uni by 17
Na so o
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by 0monnakoda: 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
tbaba1234: Manu Garba and his team have done a great job in bringing together what i feel is one of the most talented U 17 team since Japan 93. Kanu, Oruma, Ojigwe and babayaro were graduates of that team and went on to have good careers. There were some other talents that disappeared, Anosike is one that comes to mind.

Good career decisions are often key in this regard. Onazi was a graduate of the 2009 set and is already a starter for both club and country. Omeruo has not quite broken through the ranks at chelsea but has shown remarkable growth since 2009. Ramon Azeez is beginning to start games for struggling Almeria, hopefully he can develop quickly as well. Stanley Okoro ended up in Bulgaria where he will most likely fade away.

My future stars from this set are as follows:

Musa Yahaya: Kanu is the most successful product of this system and i feel this boy is certainly a star in the making. A move to Holland, Belgium or Portugal will be ideal, i feel. First team action in any of those leagues will accelerate his development and set him for the big stage. Think Barca, Madrid, Man U, he is that good.

Isaac Success
: Already signed for Udinese. Big strong striker.. Udinese will probably loan him out for a few seasons. If he stays fit and develops. We will be hearing his name for some time.

Kelechi Iheanacho: One word : composure. His finishes have been world class. He needs to make the step up when he faces stronger defenders that will give him little space. Daily mail reports that Arsenal are in for him. Good move.

Musa Muhammed
: The captain. His movement up and down the pitch makes me feel his best position might be as a box to box midfielder. Impressive but will need to make the step up to be successful. Career move must be managed carefully.

These are the top four in my opinion... Who do you feel are the biggest prospects?

Makes plenty of sense IF we were discussing 17 year olds which we are not
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by tbaba1234: 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
0monnakoda:

Makes plenty of sense IF we were discussing 17 year olds which we are not

Please be objective.. Read below..

Birikiti: I believe posters should be objective and know facts behind a story before coming out with categorical statements!

1) This set of Eaglets is a result of long term planning that started 3 years ago with the NFF assembling a National U-13 team.

2) Many of these guys have been together in different academies across the country since then. Some have gone out to play in Youth tournaments in SA, Europe and Asia over the years.

3) The coaches Manu, Amunike, Ugbade and Amadi started screening 2 years ago. Many of these guys had to take leaves of absence to go for school exams, in fact, most of them just wrote the last SSCE exams.

4) MRI tests were carried out at several stages and I can categorically say that up to 8 key players were dropped because they were on the borderline of the MRI results. Now the MRI is not an absolute test as even trialists like 16 year old Abuchi Obinwa, who was born and brought up in the USA failed the test.

5) We need to appreciate the work the coaches have put in the team even in the face of disqualification of so many key players. We have not seen such a free scoring Nigerian side since Japan 93 which we know was populated by relatively "older" and more experienced U-17s (lol).

6) I believe this team is a foundation for Nigerian domination of World football in the not too distant future! If they are well managed and nutured, with clubs that have a history of youth development taking most of them... then I can wager that Nigeria will win the World Cup in Qatar 2022 (8 years from now) all other things (like good administration/ adequate government backing) being equal

7) In addition to the more visible prospect, Success, Ihenacho, Yahaya, Mohammed (capt) I would like to point out the tireless workers in the team; the 2 central defenders Zaharadin Bello and Abubakar as well as pit-bull defensive midfielder Akinjide Idowu as massive prospects in this team.

cool I wish the team would win the cup but in-experience and youth exuberance might be critical factors. Notwithstanding, the boys are the future of Nigerian football irrespective of the outcome of this tournament.

9) Lastly, has anyone noticed that almost every part of Nigeria is represented in this team? And before folks shout federal character policy, everyone has acquitted themselves well showing they all deserved their places! It goes to show that Nigeria's diversity is a strength we should build on to become a world super power. Let us not allow politicians divide us, together we can make Nigeria take a place of pride in the comity of nations!

Thank you all.

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by ademega(m): 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
Alapa musu sure pass
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by boniflex(m): 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2013
olasha1: musa yahaya dat dude is gifted

BREAKING NEWS:
Mikel obi was arrested after chelsea
and arsenal match in which chelsea record a
great victory over Arsene wenger side.the reason
for the arrest was unknow to everyone especially
chelsea jose mourinho but after a series of
investigation,it was later revealed that both
Ramsey and Whishere were missing on the pitch
during the match but after some thoroughly searching
both of them were found inside mikel
pocket.the case has been adjourned to the next
chelsea and arsenal Match...LWKMD
mu#mu, if u don't knw wat to comment about d topic, bera shut d f*ck up
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by safarigirl(f): 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
carlos1:

OP did u say prospects! Hehe! Those over aged boys should be talking about retirement and u r here saying prospects. Abeg free those cheats joor
you have to be BLIND to call those BOYS overaged. If e dey pain you say we bring ORIGINAL U-17 BOYS, please find the closest otapiapia seller in your area. I'm sick of all these eediotic pessimists who have most likely NEVER watched any of these BOYS' games coming here to say they're overaged like say na dem sign their birth certificate. Please if you have nothing sensible to say, save your MB and stop occupying space.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by tbaba1234: 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDERATION, NFF U-13 PROGRAMME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWVHA1yfGac&

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by Eklektika(m): 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
Lee Herds: I think this is worst set of U-17 in recent years. Of course they are winning with high goal margings,their game is totally amateurish,I'm afraid ....
I think you may have been watching the back of that your pre-historic kerosene-powered black and white telly.
Worst set,ke?
What would you say about the class of '95-Igeniwari George and co? Or class of '99-Taofeek Oyasipe that didnt even qualify for the U-17 World cup?

Back To Topic- For me, its Kelechi Iheanacho. That boy's left foot is lethal! He should be taken to one foreign academy, shielded from prying eyes and 'cooked'. In few years time, he would be a world-beater. He has the makings of a 'Trequartista', a player who can operate freely in the final third, popping in and out and wrecking havoc. And he's GENUINELY young!
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by chucky234(m): 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
Aside Kelechi,Success and Yahaya I think Nwakali and Alfa got huge potentials,they are both excellent midfielders.
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by tbaba1234: 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
English clubs swoop on Eaglets skipper

Several English clubs including Chelsea and Liverpool have enquired about Golden Eaglets skipper Musa Muhammed, officials informed MTNFootball.com

Muhammed was man of the match as Nigeria romped into the last eight at the expense of Iran on Tuesday.

The right back, who has proved his versatility having started this U17 World Cup in central defence, has scored twice from his defensive position and his calmness and confidence going forward have impressed scouts representing some of the top European clubs who are currently in the UAE.

“Several English clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea have asked after Musa,” a top team official told MTNFootball.com

“And it is now just a matter of time before one of these clubs put cash on the table for this player.”

Another outstanding performer, Musa Yahaya, is reported to have interested top Spanish club Atletico Madrid.

Yahaya from Mutunci Academy in Kaduna has scored four goals at the U17 World Cup.

http://www.mtnfootball.com/international/fifa-u-17-world-cup/news/2013/october/31-english-clubs-swoop-on-eaglets-skipper.html
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by Ademat7(m): 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
Those guys are on point,I luv alfa but height has been a disability to NGR players,rabiu ibrahim is a case study.dis guys nid protein am cwious#true talk
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by modextus(m): 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
Birikiti: I believe posters should be objective and know facts behind a story before coming out with categorical statements!

1) This set of Eaglets is a result of long term planning that started 3 years ago with the NFF assembling a National U-13 team.

2) Many of these guys have been together in different academies across the country since then. Some have gone out to play in Youth tournaments in SA, Europe and Asia over the years.

3) The coaches Manu, Amunike, Ugbade and Amadi started screening 2 years ago. Many of these guys had to take leaves of absence to go for school exams, in fact, most of them just wrote the last SSCE exams.

4) MRI tests were carried out at several stages and I can categorically say that up to 8 key players were dropped because they were on the borderline of the MRI results. Now the MRI is not an absolute test as even trialists like 16 year old Abuchi Obinwa, who was born and brought up in the USA failed the test.

5) We need to appreciate the work the coaches have put in the team even in the face of disqualification of so many key players. We have not seen such a free scoring Nigerian side since Japan 93 which we know was populated by relatively "older" and more experienced U-17s (lol).

6) I believe this team is a foundation for Nigerian domination of World football in the not too distant future! If they are well managed and nutured, with clubs that have a history of youth development taking most of them... then I can wager that Nigeria will win the World Cup in Qatar 2022 (8 years from now) all other things (like good administration/ adequate government backing) being equal

7) In addition to the more visible prospect, Success, Ihenacho, Yahaya, Mohammed (capt) I would like to point out the tireless workers in the team; the 2 central defenders Zaharadin Bello and Abubakar as well as pit-bull defensive midfielder Akinjide Idowu as massive prospects in this team.

cool I wish the team would win the cup but in-experience and youth exuberance might be critical factors. Notwithstanding, the boys are the future of Nigerian football irrespective of the outcome of this tournament.

9) Lastly, has anyone noticed that almost every part of Nigeria is represented in this team? And before folks shout federal character policy, everyone has acquitted themselves well showing they all deserved their places! [b]It goes to show that Nigeria's diversity is a strength we should build on to become a world super power. Let us not allow politicians divide us, together we can make Nigeria take a place of pride in the comity of nations!

Thank you all[/b].
1 million likes...
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by amadice(m): 8:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
Any1 saying dos boys ar over age is insane....i can bet my last saving dat NWAKALI is under 17yrs... i hav met him....he hails from EZIOBODO COMMUNITY, OWERRI WEST IMO...i stayed in dere compound when i was schooling in FUTO,,,ooh i can remeber playing football with him dat boy na wizard....he will go places.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by chic2pimp(m): 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
homesteady: Musa Yahaya - that boy is a shining star! He may eventually become greater than his mentor - Iniesta! !

Not in this lifetime or the next!!!

He would do well to become half the player Iniesta is
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by chic2pimp(m): 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
Birikiti: 6) I believe this team is a foundation for Nigerian domination of World football in the not too distant future! If they are well managed and nutured, with clubs that have a history of youth development taking most of them... then I can wager that Nigeria will win the World Cup in Qatar 2022 (8 years from now) all other things (like good administration/ adequate government backing) being equal

Unsurprisingly this post gets many likes. World domination ko Abuja domination ni.

Nigeria will not win the world cup in 80years never mind 8 years time.
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by Aladbaby117(f): 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
bropeee:

These ones are really young compared to what we have been parading in the past years.
GBAM!! finally someone spoke my mind.
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by djSkukie(m): 9:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
2ru talk, where is rabiu ibrahim 2day?
nerodenero: Things are not always the way they seem.I wont be surprised if those with below performances end up becoming the biggest stars in future.Arguably,these dudes are the biggest prospects so far for Eaglets.With the right choice of club and regularly playing time,these four will come good for both club and country.Just hope they wont fizzle out when it matter most.
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by Whiteguru: 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
iheanacho
isaac
musa
yahaya
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by clevop11: 5:13am On Nov 01, 2013
Jona-The-Clown:
Someone called Theophilus Solomon is not in the team due to Naija politics...
Scoring 7 goals in 5 matches for Any Team is not a day job. He will makes it far ahead of these players. Infact Catania of Italy have already Signing him up. He is the future C. Ronaldo. Watching out for this Golden Words of Mine. Marks this date. 30th of October 2013 .
Jona-The-Clown Says So.
Signed

....Sent From My Android powered IPhone 5

Check out this great article written by Collins Udoh four months ago about these boys... CLICK HERE
www.kickoffnigeria.com/mobile/news/34047/quite-a-few-eyebrows-have-been-raised-at-the-performance-of-nigerias-golden-eaglets-at-the-african-under-17-championships-so-far
lol dis 1 wen u cary d mata 4 head. Is the guy related to u..?
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by HAH: 6:22am On Nov 01, 2013
tbaba1234: English clubs swoop on Eaglets skipper

Several English clubs including Chelsea and Liverpool have enquired about Golden Eaglets skipper Musa Muhammed, officials informed MTNFootball.com

Muhammed was man of the match as Nigeria romped into the last eight at the expense of Iran on Tuesday.

The right back, who has proved his versatility having started this U17 World Cup in central defence, has scored twice from his defensive position and his calmness and confidence going forward have impressed scouts representing some of the top European clubs who are currently in the UAE.

“Several English clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea have asked after Musa,” a top team official told MTNFootball.com

“And it is now just a matter of time before one of these clubs put cash on the table for this player.”

Another outstanding performer, Musa Yahaya, is reported to have interested top Spanish club Atletico Madrid.

Yahaya from Mutunci Academy in Kaduna has scored four goals at the U17 World Cup.

http://www.mtnfootball.com/international/fifa-u-17-world-cup/news/2013/october/31-english-clubs-swoop-on-eaglets-skipper.html

Good one, hope arsenal will get some of them too because arsenal is a team that believes in showcasing their young players which is very good for their careers,unlike other team that you don't know if they Have young players.
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by lcoq: 7:29am On Nov 01, 2013
For me,d strent of d team z in Midfield..dos guys r xo gud in control n defensv duties,allowin dia attacking peers to flourish n a back4 @ease. IDOWU and NWAKALI have my vote. Yahaya n Iheanacho make things happen,are easily the best guys. I reserve my comment on Musa,am jst nt too comfortable wt his defending but Idowu covers 4 him though he gives attacking outlet.
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by deb(m): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2013
carlos1:

OP did u say prospects! Hehe! Those over aged boys should be talking about retirement and u r here saying prospects. Abeg free those cheats joor

Don't just open your mouth to spew gibberish. Present evidence.
All these boys did MRI test, and even if the MRI test is not 100% at least you are sure that people of the same energy and strength are those participating in the competition. These boys look about the youngest we have presented to me and we should not just find joy casting aspersions on them unnecessarily. There are oyinbo players that look bigger, stronger and older than our boys.
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by boladonas(m): 11:00am On Nov 01, 2013
of course Naija's captain Musa Mohammed!
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by Ikenna94: 11:38am On Nov 01, 2013
Dat no 19 bello is the next Thiago silva.he is impassable.awoniyi is future ibrahimovic.nwakali is dani alves,idowu na javi martinez,okon is simply an ashley cole in making
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by Martinex12(m): 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ihanacho, Obazi, yahaya, awoniyi
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by Robasy: 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
How about OKon. . . He's OKey supporting the strike squad!!
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by banky222: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
Tolexander: What about Dele Alampasu, the goal keeper?
crown fc of ogbomosho or sunshine stars will be a good starting point.
Re: Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? by Fyneboy33: 9:45am On Nov 02, 2013
tbaba1234: NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDERATION, NFF U-13 PROGRAMME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWVHA1yfGac&
[quote author=tbaba1234]NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDERATION, NFF U-13 PROGRAMME

Thanks for the YouTube link on the NFF youth program. Quite revealing. I think we are getting it right this time around. You shouldn't expect them to be very perfect on the pitch. They have been very impressive so far. It s not easy to score in a "monkey post" game let alone scoring many goals (average of 4.5 ) per match. I don't expect less than 3 goals from our gifted lads today. Up Eaglets! God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EPL: Why Critics Should Never Doubt Cristiano Ronaldo Again - Matic / Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 / Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.