Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,696 members, 7,851,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:08 PM

Who Encourages Corruption In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Encourages Corruption In Nigeria (403 Views)

Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable / Jonathan Encourages Corruption - Tambuwal / Jonathan Encourages Corruption In Nigeria - Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Encourages Corruption In Nigeria by Kingsley1000(m): 10:29am On Oct 30, 2013
As the anambra gubernatorial election draws closer, i want us to deliberate on what has been during campaigns which will inevitably affect d performance of the chosen/lucky one.
A popular christain quote says ”my people perish due to lack of knowledge” but i tell u , nigerians suffer because they dare the consequences of their actions. Who doesn't know that selling his voter's card will put the wrong man in power. The question is WHO ENCOURAGES CORRUPTION? The funny as is US!! You sell ur vote for 10k and put in a candidate, he scopes 100bilion naira n you turn back and shout 'what a corrupt leader'. It is pertinent to point out dat politics in nigeria is a business and in business, the owner looks for profit. So if he uses 100biliion to buy ur votes and win the election, then he is goin to launder more than 100bilion and all is from where- BUDGETS!! At the end we start calling him names or at most take him to Efcc and he uses a token to bell himself. Now the reality is
Who put him in dat seat? WE!!
Who encourage him to dry clean the state account? WE!!
Who encourages corruption? We again!!
Look at d history of nigerian politics and quote me wrong. Taking anambra as a case study, the four main contenders ngige, uba, obiano and nwoye have each spent bilions i mean bilions of naira in campaign. As of d time of writing this report people are selling their votes for as low as 10k and d price may increase as d date draws closer. Our people say dat a child whose father sends to steal uses his leg to break doors. Mind you if you sell ur vote you are selling your freedom from poverty and better living condition. I rest my case. Thank You.
Re: Who Encourages Corruption In Nigeria by ckkris: 10:32am On Oct 30, 2013
Ogboni
Re: Who Encourages Corruption In Nigeria by ojofu(m): 10:58am On Oct 30, 2013
Nigerians
Re: Who Encourages Corruption In Nigeria by daywatcher: 11:00am On Oct 30, 2013
church, mosque, tribe
Re: Who Encourages Corruption In Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2013
This is a right thinking Nigerian
People have fail to realise that power belongs to the people.
Our age-long mentality of kingship, Emir, Oba , Eze , Obong etc coupled with years of military center-oriented dictatorship have also contributed.
Generally people believe that once the person is in office , he is unaccountable and the masses is now dependent on his mercies to provide roads, water n even security.
Till people realise that it is not that someone is using 10k to rob you of good education, electricity and roads while building mansions everywhere
Till we realized that we give them the mandate to manage our resources and if they abuse it , they can be removed .
Till Tribalism and impunity is eradicated
Till accountability and justice is uphold irrespective of who is involved.
Nigeria will never move forward.
I stand with President GEJ when he said that corruption is not the main issue in Nigeria.
Tribalism and the breakdown of the system of reward and punishment is the root cause of corruption in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates. / More Revelations Comeout In Stella Oduah'smany Scandals / Group Lauds National Conference Initiative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.