Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? (24584 Views)

Pls, How Is The Job Market For Recent Geographic Information Systems (gis) Graduates / Expansion Of The Geographic Information Systems (gis) Field In Nigeria. / G.i.s Geographic Information Systems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by Pasblack(m): 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
I have been looking forward to starting a GIS training. I had my first degree as well as professional diploma in urban and regional planning. Pls I do I learn to use arcgis properly, if u don't mind Pls can I contact you via mail or bbm...75950a6c
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Pasblack: I have been looking forward to starting a GIS training. I had my first degree as well as professional diploma in urban and regional planning. Pls I do I learn to use arcgis properly, if u don't mind Pls can I contact you via mail or bbm...75950a6c

I have posted my mail severally on this thread. For the sake of your post, send a mail to greenlandconsult89@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by ayoola190: 11:44am On Sep 19, 2014
what are the relevant training a field data collector in a gis company needs to undergo??

Also the salary expectation.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
Field Data Operator:

*GPS Handling
*Navigation
*Data Input, Downloading and Documentation
*Basic GIS Appreciation
* Information Plotting.

The remuneration is based on the policy of the GIS company.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by nomabeeee(f): 9:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
Studied geography n planning .have a basic knowledge of gis..buh wil surely finish it up as a training course while serving by november
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
nomabeeee: Studied geography n planning .have a basic knowledge of gis..buh wil surely finish it up as a training course while serving by november

That's very good.

1 Like

Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by aibee01(m): 8:04am On Sep 21, 2014
Plz broda....,am a Geography graduate based in ibadan...,am plaining to start a training in GIS wen am done wif NYSC by nxt mth...,kindly send details of ur outfit...,location,training cost,duration, courses available and d likes.....lawalibrahimade@gmail.com
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2014
Pasblack: I have been looking forward to starting a GIS training. I had my first degree as well as professional diploma in urban and regional planning. Pls I do I learn to use arcgis properly, if u don't mind Pls can I contact you via mail or bbm...75950a6c

You got mail.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 8:35am On Sep 21, 2014
aibee01: Plz broda....,am a Geography graduate based in ibadan...,am plaining to start a training in GIS wen am done wif NYSC by nxt mth...,kindly send details of ur outfit...,location,training cost,duration, courses available and d likes.....lawalibrahimade@gmail.com

You got mail. Please respond to the question I posed in the mail asap.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
Think future, Think GIS
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 11:51am On Sep 24, 2014
Locational based studies.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by ibnSalaudeen(m): 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
hello, Palmtree,
im uite interested in being a gis professional. can you pls explain to me here, adejaremola@gmail.com;
the prerequisites of getting trained,
duration of training, and
cost.
thAnks.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2014
ibnSalaudeen: hello, Palmtree,
im uite interested in being a gis professional. can you pls explain to me here, adejaremola@gmail.com;
the prerequisites of getting trained,
duration of training, and
cost.
thAnks.

You got mail. Reply asap.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by ibnSalaudeen(m): 10:54am On Sep 29, 2014
PalmTree:

You got mail. Reply asap.
i have sent a reply to your mail.
thanks
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2014
Think Future, Think GIS
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by kene232: 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
PalmTree:

I don't understand you. Do you mean a good institute where you can learn quality GIS, GPS and Remote Sensing (Digital Image Processing)? If that's what you need and you can make it down to my office in Ibadan. There are various training modules that you can subscribe to. Send a mail to greenlandconsult89@gmail.com or call 08061185492 for more information

Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by kene232: 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
theSpark:

Thanks sir. The project is about urban growth eating up agricultural land. I have tried Google Earth, the problem I encountered were:
The images were not up to date
The images dated 2006 were not as old as that

I don't know if there are any other options. I will check out the global land cover website. Thanks sir. I will email you for further consultations as I progress.

all u nid is install Google earth software on yur PC.....afta installin, open d software... make sure u have a working internet..... locate the area.....u can as well backdate d image to d year u want the imagery's..... most imagines dat requires backdating of past years are mostly to know the growth of such areas.....or know d strength and weaknesses of such areas....good luck with yur findings....
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by theSpark(m): 12:17am On Oct 04, 2014
kene232:

all u nid is install Google earth software on yur PC.....afta installin, open d software... make sure u have a working internet..... locate the area.....u can as well backdate d image to d year u want the imagery's..... most imagines dat requires backdating of past years are mostly to know the growth of such areas.....or know d strength and weaknesses of such areas....good luck with yur findings....

Thanks.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 12:49am On Oct 04, 2014
theSpark:

Thanks.

Please I am sorry for not coming back to sort your questions, work has been hectic and I never got your mail.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 1:17am On Oct 04, 2014
kene232:

Sir, did you need me?
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by Nobody: 2:03am On Oct 05, 2014
am a student of remote sensing and geographical information system..... any word of advice for me?
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 7:28am On Oct 05, 2014
balispecial:
am a student of remote sensing and geographical information system..... any word of advice for me?

Always aim to improve by learning news things and practicing them. You don't have to pay to improve. Just go online and download GIS projects then try to replicate them.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
PalmTree:

Always aim to improve by learning news things and practicing them. You don't have to pay to improve. Just go online and download GIS projects then try to replicate them.
tnx Sir
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by uokide: 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
Pls send mi modules on gis . Uokide@yahoo.com
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
uokide:
Pls send mi modules on gis . Uokide@yahoo.com

Sent
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by uokide: 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
Pls sir any tutorial on remote sensing
What is it all abt
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
uokide:
Pls sir any tutorial on remote sensing
What is it all abt

What is your discipline? Remote sensing is the science of generating data from the earth using space based satellites. But what we do for starters is Digital Image Processing(developing info from the images taken from outer space).
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by Ademat7(m): 4:02am On Oct 09, 2014
Sir can you please explain practical use of GIS in agriculture,I need the cost and other info too(adematinfo@gmail.com)
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by okunfemm(m): 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ademat7:
Sir can you please explain practical use of GIS in agriculture,I need the cost and other info too(adematinfo@gmail.com)

Send me on: okunfemm@gmail.com
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by Ademat7(m): 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
okunfemm:

I don't get you sir
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ademat7:
I don't get you sir

Will get back to you soon.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
okunfemm:

Are you a GIS person?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Masters Scholarship In The UK Vs N500k Monthly Job In Nigeria / Things You Should Never Share At Work / Yay!! Push Cv Just Congratulated Me!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.