Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's (1136 Views)

Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy / The President Is Coming To Abia State And The Whole Town Is Closed Down!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's by Olumidzti(m): 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
In Forbes recently released list of 72 most powerful people in the world out of the world's 7.2bn population, Nigerian businessman and the richest black man, Aliko Dangote has come in at number 64 making him the first and only African on the list. This year's list has come with some other surprises as Russian president Vladimir Putin replaces American president Barack Obama as the world's most powerful man. The first woman on the list, German Chancellor, Angella Merkel has moved to the 5th position, down from 2nd last year. General Secretary, Communist Party, China, Xi Jinping came in at 3rd while pope of the Roman Catholic Church, Pope Francis was 4th to complete the top 5. Some other notable figures (lol which of them is not notable?) include Microsoft Co-founder Bill Gates who's the 6th most powerful person. Amazon's Jeff Bezos was number 15 on the list while Facebook CEO & Co-founder, Mark Zuckerberg came in at 24. Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin came in at number 17 and Apple CEO Tim Cook at 19. There was no musician on the list. Perhaps if you're looking at a career in crime (which is not advisable), this may serve as an encouragement to you. Mexican drug lord of the Sinaloa Cartel, Joaquin Guzman Loera is the 67th most powerful person in the world.
Source: Forbes
Re: Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's by Techsoldier: 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
I'm finding it hard to rationalize Forbes' choice of Putin as the most powerful man in the world ahead of Obama.

1 Like

Re: Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's by Olumidzti(m): 7:59am On Oct 31, 2013
Tech_soldier: I'm finding it hard to rationalize Forbes' choice of Putin as the most powerful man in the world ahead of Obama.
I was also surprised. I just think Obama is more powerful.

1 Like

Re: Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's by Digitron: 8:49am On Oct 31, 2013
Tech_soldier: I'm finding it hard to rationalize Forbes' choice of Putin as the most powerful man in the world ahead of Obama.

i am not surprised considering the role he played in stopping American raid on Syria.
Re: Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's by Nonybb: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2013
Could Obama be so poweful whereas he could not bomb syria willingly?
Re: Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's by juman(m): 9:18am On Oct 31, 2013
Barack Obama is the most power man.

All power belongs to God.
Re: Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's by raytony: 9:25am On Oct 31, 2013
Putin didn't stop him from bombing Syria, I guess Obama is just being careful, any attack on Syria by America will be seen as another America war in the middle east.
Re: Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's by Olumidzti(m): 11:19am On Oct 31, 2013
Nonybb: Could Obama be so poweful whereas he could not bomb syria willingly?
bombing Syria won't make him look powerful, only unwise. Considering countries like Russia and China are behind Syria, it won't be a war against Syria alone.
Re: Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's by spade: 11:38am On Oct 31, 2013

I think it's because he took Obama and his loyalists to the cleaners that last time grin

Now, couple that with Obama's about-face and inaction regarding the Syrian crisis, as well as the government shutdown.

Omo, Obama really got shown up, mehn.
Re: Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's by Olumidzti(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
spade:

I think it's because he took Obama and his loyalists to the cleaners that last time grin

Now, couple that with Obama's about-face and inaction regarding the Syrian crisis, as well as the government shutdown.

Obama has been put in a difficult situations in recent months, very few people would have gone unscathed. The syrian situation is very difficult coz Bush's war is still fresh in people's minds. America has also gathered more enemies since then...
Re: Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's by opylas(m): 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
pictures
Re: Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's by Olumidzti(m): 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
opylas: pictures
of?
Re: Russian President is World's most powerful man, Dangote Is Africa's by Techsoldier: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2013
spade:

despite that, Obama is more entangled in world affairs & more influential than Putin.

(1) (Reply)

All About Ngige, Willie And Obiano (anambra Open Your Eye) / News:nigeria To Adopt South Africa’s Road Tolling System / What will Urhobos contribute to a new Nigeria country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.