Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,459 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Throwing Off Condemnation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Throwing Off Condemnation (404 Views)

How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins / What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Throwing Off Condemnation by yommyuk: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
It is important that we approach God without condemnation; in other words, boldly, because, “if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear” (Psalm 66:18).

If I “regard iniquity in my heart,” it means that I come to God with a consciousness in my heart of something that condemns me. Every time I try to approach God with faith, Satan reminds me of something that is not right and that has not been dealt with - maybe a sin that has not been confessed, or, if it has been confessed, is still lingering because I have not claimed and received God’s forgiveness. I am therefore conscious of this thing in my heart all the time. And if I come with condemnation, I do not receive that for which I pray.

I must remove the consciousness of sin from within my heart. Basically, this is done by faith. “If we confess our sins,” the Scripture says, “He [God] is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). We cannot do anything about the sin problem except confess, repent, and trust God for the forgiveness and cleansing that He has promised us. After that, we must not go on worrying about our sins, because if we remain conscious of sin as we pray, God will not hear our prayers. As the Scripture says, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear.”

Yet the psalmist went on to say, “But certainly God has heard me” (Psalm 66:19). In other words, the psalmist rises above Satan’s attempt to condemn him and says, “God has heard me.” Why does God hear us? Because we come in the name of Jesus. Because we come with praise and thanksgiving. Therefore, we are not condemned.

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:34
Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.

1 Corinthians 6:11
11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

PRAYER
May the Lord our God continue to stand against every condemnation of the enemy in our life in Jesus mighty name. Amen !!!!!!!
It is well, God bless!!! wink

(1) (Reply)

Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows (2) / Practice Learning To Be Corrected Easily / Church Instrumentalists, Let's Meet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.