Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Don’t Set Goal Until You Read This Very Important Fresh Tips - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Don’t Set Goal Until You Read This Very Important Fresh Tips (618 Views)

Don’t Be Stupid And Avoid These Career Killer Mistakes / Two Very Important Life Lessons I Learnt From The 500 Naira Note / Readers Are Leaders! Share Those Books You Read That Has Impacted Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Set Goal Until You Read This Very Important Fresh Tips by ogunwalea(m): 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2013
=> You know the importance of Setting Goals, don't you? Don’t set goals Without taking these 14 tips into consideration!

1. Make it specific and challenging.
Telling yourself, “I’m going to do my best” leaves the door open to settle for sub-par effort. Make yourself accountable, be specific and raise the bar.

2. Remind yourself that it’s going to be difficult.
Two reasons people throw in the towel on their goals is because they underestimate how long it’s going to take and how difficult it’s going to be. This isn’t going to happen to you, will it?

3. Make sure it’s your goal.
Don’t pick a goal that you’re “supposed” to choose or a goal that someone gives you. Own your goal.

4. Just pick one.
You’ll be amazed on what you can do when you lock‐in on one thing.

5. Don’t let your goal consume you.
Just because I told you to pick one, that doesn’t mean to forget everything else. Don’t let your goal blind you from other important things (i.e. family, sleep, health, school, work, etc.)

6. Celebrate your victories.
If you’re not careful you’re going to miss those hard‐to‐notice successes, don’t let that happen. Those are going to fuel your confidence along the way.

7. Have your goal in your face every day.
Have a poster, a saying, picture, or anything else to remind you of your goal every day.

Hope you find this useful....stay tuned for the remaining seven(7) tips......watchout!!!
Re: Don’t Set Goal Until You Read This Very Important Fresh Tips by suolboy(m): 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
waiting for the remaining

(1) (Reply)

Pro Tips On How To Ask For A Pay Increase And Get It / Helpful Guide: What I Learn't About Searching For Jobs The WRONG Way / Top Companies Need Top People: See Why And What To Do...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.