Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President (1163 Views)

Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant / Four British Mps Of Nigerian Heritage At The Nigerian High Commission In The UK / PDP Men Responsible For 16 Years Of Darkness After Looting Billions Exposed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by eejo(m): 10:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
since the president visit, lokoja had been having poor power supply it went down from 20 to 22hrs per day to 5 to 8hrs per day what is going on with PHCN
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
when we had light 3days ago last.. Beta thank God
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by anthoniosp(m): 11:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
omor phase one nepa officials dey use our light take do bettings oohh e b like say d peain wer sopoz on d light dey looose badly
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by mayorall(m): 12:29am On Oct 31, 2013
OP. What do you mean. Our president is an angel of darkness or he brought bad luck again?. grin

4 Likes

Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Olumidzti(m): 7:08am On Oct 31, 2013
Also noticed the same in my area. Light has been off since yesternight in my area which is not a common occurence.
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 31, 2013
Kogi state has suffered so much in the hands of these pdp b*stards

2 Likes

Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 31, 2013
eejo: since the president visit, lokoja had been having poor power supply it went down from 20 to 22hrs per day to 5 to 8hrs per day what is going on with PHCN
Commissioning of power plant does not automatically mean steady power supply. The power from the power plant still has to be TRANSMITTED and DISTRIBUTED. If your local transformer goes bad, it is not the president that will fix it. Enquire from your local PHCN officials what the problem is.
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Commissioning of power plant does not automatically mean steady power supply. The power from the power plant still has to be TRANSMITTED and DISTRIBUTED. If your local transformer goes bad, it is not the president that will fix it. Enquire from your local PHCN officials what the problem is.
i knew you would come and defend your paymaster. When Gej came to commission that plant, he made it sound as if we would start enjoying constant electricity supply henceforth but unfortunately the reverse is the case as the entire state is almost in perpetual darkenss. Insincere9igerian tell you paymaster that we have had enough of pdp in kogi state

3 Likes

Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by vedaxcool(m): 8:17am On Oct 31, 2013
Oh My God! BADLUCK Whorenathan shocked shocked shocked, has visited my state, why? cry why must he spread his evil luck to my suffering state? why did this cultist win the elections? angry
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:32am On Oct 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
when sycophants read articles and try to slap their bigoted comment as a reply, they sound foolish cos the vital points of the poster wld av been overlooked and all they do is just open their gutter and spread the odour!

Did u omit the part of light was 20-22hrs before?

And besides, why wld commissioning a power plant not result to a steady supply again? Why the commissioning?

You commission something that is ready to use and not the other way round unless, of course, ur president s truly a retartdeen!

1 Like

Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2013
same thing in ondo town and environs since GEJ commissioned omotosho power plant..maybe the power plants are sucking power instead of producing it..#justsaying

1 Like

Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 31, 2013
That's Nigeria for you, they feel it's time to relax from duties or even sell off some expensive mobile equipment since it's been commissioned already.

That has been the stupid tradition of PHCN workers.
They vandalise or steal or even shut down a power source, and then complain to the authorities, and after they get the funds for repairs, they will just switch it back on or refix what they stole and pocket the money.

Woe betide them.
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by awodman: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2013
lakhadimar: i knew you would come and defend your paymaster. When Gej came to commission that plant, he made it sound as if we would start enjoying constant electricity supply henceforth but unfortunately the reverse is the case as the entire state is almost in perpetual darkenss. Insincere9igerian tell you paymaster that we have had enough of pdp in kogi state
You obviously don't understand how the power sector works..that a generating station is located in a particular area doesn't mean it will specifically serve that area.The generated power will be feed into the grid after which it will be directed to the target allocations according to the wisdom of the TCN engineers.
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by egift(m): 8:54am On Oct 31, 2013
Lokoja, that is what we call "Fresh Air". Welcome aboard.

1 Like

Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by saintvc(m): 9:01am On Oct 31, 2013
I lost my phone - blame jonathan

i stole money - blame jonathan

but

i passed with first class- hail me baddest guuy
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 31, 2013
awodman:
You obviously don't understand how the power sector works..that a generating station is located in a particular area doesn't mean it will specifically serve that area.The generated power will be feed into the grid after which it will be directed to the target allocations according to the wisdom of the TCN engineers.
You should have simply IGNORED that shameless CLOWN. When you read some posts on this thread, you'll now appreciate why they say IGNORANCE is a disease. The president will come down from Abuja to some people's streets to fix their transformers. Nonsense!
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 31, 2013
awodman:
what nonsense are you saying? Since the comissioning of that power plant in kogi, electricity supply has reduced drastically infact in some areas power supply has been non-existence.
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You should have simply IGNORED that shameless CLOWN. When you read some posts on this thread, you'll now appreciate why they say IGNORANCE is a disease. The president will come down from Abuja to some people's streets to fix their transformers. Nonsense!
STFU. So according to you and your dumb boss, comissioning of a power plant translates to reduction in electricity supply. Since your illluck president came to kogi the entire state has been in darkness. So what is the essence of comissioning the plant in the first place if it would not boost electricity supply
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by gameboy727(m): 9:48am On Oct 31, 2013
Na wa oo. People foolish oo. So una no know say PHCN workers wan go on strike starting from 2day? How una go see light wen una no dey read news to know why the light no dey come. Ignorance is really a disease. That guy somewhere above even explained how the power generated is sent to the national power grid before being directed to specific locations and ignorance has blocked your brains from understanding that. Abi na una papa build am wey the power plant go serve only that state? If it were so all states in the north would be in darkness 24/7.
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 31, 2013
You people in Lokoja have been enjoying light before now regularly,I know that but what about people in other LGAs,like Iyara in Ijumu LGA where the supply is nothing to write home about.What about other places where the so-called fresh Air isn't yet felt?

I'm not supporting Sincere9gerian(Labaran Maku)on this thread either,however the people of Kogi state are really lacking behind in all aspects of development as the PDP led administration in Kogi state has not provided any dividend of democracy whatsoever to the populace.

I think a change in power in the next election will do all Kogites good.

1 Like

Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by anthoniosp(m): 10:29am On Oct 31, 2013
jesus...which kain brainwash b dis one?? oyaa..if u come build phone manufacturing plant for kogi ... na d same benefit of cheapness wer dey de enjoy na im pipl for sokoto go dey enjoy?? ah ah na wa oooh... so evn if the plant dey transfer to oda target places kpatakpatA dey should be a 10% boost in all dos " target places " and a minimum of 20% boost or evn close to 50% boost in d host state... not a 90% percent decline....oya imagine lagos wia phones are imported the price is now the same with oda parts of d country... and by d way na hu blow dis kain lie for u?? ur papa dey work for goverment house abi e dey part of nepa people....notin wer u wan xplain..our transformers for phase one dey okay the 3 transformers are working fine...so if nepa dey carry light den e fit b say goodluck dey give dame make she use am do make up...and for you opening ur lousy mouth saying dat d president should come and fix d transformer?? oya na hu sopoz buy am?? us abi?? ur papaa sef.
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 31, 2013
ebenezer4o2: You people in Lokoja have been enjoying light before now regularly,I know that but what about people in other LGAs,like Iyara in Ijumu LGA where the supply is nothing to write home about.What about other places where the so-called fresh Air isn't yet felt?

I'm not supporting Sincere9gerian(Labaran Maku)on this thread either,however the people of Kogi state are really lacking behind in all aspects of development as the PDP led administration in Kogi state has not provided any dividend of democracy whatsoever to the populace.

I think a change in power in the next election will do all Kogites good.
That is my point exactly. For the past fourteen years pdp has been ruining kogi state. It is time for change
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Olumidzti(m): 10:47am On Oct 31, 2013
awodman:
that's true. I think transmission and distribution stations in a place 'll likely serve the area unlike generation stations. But nevertheless, power supply in the area shouldn't deteriorate without a tangible reason/fault.
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:51am On Oct 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
What then does it mean, a strategy to get cheap votes in 2015?
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 31, 2013
Olumidzti: that's true. I think transmission and distribution stations in a place 'll likely serve the area unlike generation stations. But nevertheless, power supply in the area shouldn't deteriorate without a tangible reason/fault.
bros since the comissioning of the plant in kogi and the omotoshoII plant in ondo, power supply had not deteriorated, it has simply become non-existence, especially over here in kogi state. We are tired of pdp in kogi. since 1999 we'v been enduring pdp's misrule in the state. It is time for change
Re: Lokoja In Darkness After Power Plant Commission In Ajaoukuta By Mr President by anthoniosp(m): 11:20am On Oct 31, 2013
ooph God wetin b una wahala?? na hu neva taya for pdp?? wetin concern pdp concern nepa now?? ah ah.. u no bin dey enjoy light since?? d matter for ground na y b say na wen dey commision d plant nai dis gobe con start?? i go call moderator ooh

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election: Official Result Announced By INEC / National Carrier: Aero Changes Name To Nigerian Eagle / UPN Asks Kwankwaso, Amaechi,others To Resign As Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.