Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414364 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by MrProofOfFunds: 4:40pm On Mar 17
dreamxhaser:

Wow! By moredo you mean up to 20k words?

Also how do you know if a competition demands more?

Proof of funds (POF) and Proof of entry (POE) available for as low as 2.9% interest rates. 😱🫨🫢

🎯Fast disbursement less than 24 hours 💯
🎯New and existing account 💯
🎯Simple documentation requirements💯
See some of our super-cheap rates below:

GTB 3.7
First bank 3.9
Globus bank 2.8
Fidelity bank 3.9
Access bank 4.2
Zenith bank 3.9
Providus bank 3.5
Wema bank 3.9
Other banks are also available send a DM

Whatsappp💬💬
Call
0704 723 3127

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by nurd(m): 4:49pm On Mar 17
dreamxhaser:

Wow! By moredo you mean up to 20k words?

Also how do you know if a competition demands more?

Not up to 20k. More like 15k.

For example, I may create a 100 page book and price at 8.99. If it sells well, I'll look at the top two books in the niche. In most cases, they'll be priced at 12.99 and above. If they both have like 150 pages or do, I may bump my to like 120 pages and price at 9.99 or 10.99. This is how I personally do it.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dreamxhaser: 9:01pm On Mar 17
nurd:

For example, I may create a 100 page book and price at 8.99. If it sells well, I'll look at the top two books in the niche. In most cases, they'll be priced at 12.99 and above. If they both have like 150 pages or do, I may bump my to like 120 pages and price at 9.99 or 10.99. This is how I personally do it.

Thank you so much for this info. May God bless you
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by SuperOnyi: 7:34pm On Mar 25
shocked

@obamartins and other bosses in the house 🙌🏿, I wish I can get just one profitable title from any of you.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by SuperOnyi: 9:41am On Mar 26
nurd:

shocked

Boss, what do you think of children's book? I plan to illustrate it myself in a 'manual' way.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Penboy: 10:07am On Mar 26
nurd:

I do look into publisher rocket but I don't trust their data. So, I do all my research on Amazon.

I publish high content books.

I also run ads and have spent $31 this month.

How many words are you high content?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by nurd(m): 10:34am On Mar 26
Penboy:

How many words are you high content?

They are around 10k to 12k words now.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by nurd(m): 10:37am On Mar 26
SuperOnyi:

shocked

Boss, what do you think of children's book? I plan to illustrate it myself in a 'manual' way.

They are profitable if you can get the illustration well. It's that part that keeps me from writing them.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by nurd(m): 10:46am On Mar 26
SuperOnyi:
shocked

@obamartins and other bosses in the house 🙌🏿, I wish I can get just one profitable title from any of you.

Profitable topic in the Pic attached.

Amazon.com > new releases > travel guides > united states > Alaska.

Now I've given you fish and also how to fish.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by SuperOnyi: 12:31pm On Mar 26
nurd:

shocked

Thanks a lot, boss. I really appreciate, let me get into this immediately before I go into the children's book.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by SuperOnyi: 12:35pm On Mar 26
nurd:

They are profitable if you can get the illustration well. It's that part that keeps me from writing them.

shocked

I can draw, I was researching today and came across some of these children's book and although, I don't have the equipments these guys have, I feel like I can put my drawing talent to good use. Although, it's been long I drew something... I wanted to head to a bookstore to get these plain white papers and after drawing everything, I will edit them on canva.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Esiman(m): 7:33am On Apr 02
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by smiliyB(f): 10:00pm On Apr 06
In a competitive market, a professionally designed cover sets your book apart from the competition, giving you a competitive edge.

Get your professional Book cover design for your KDP ebook and paperback done Asap.

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by A305: 5:41pm On Apr 12
Duelee:

How many do you want? Any specificity?
I'm interested too.

Do you have an old account?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Tomman: 8:30pm On Apr 16
I find this entire thread very strange. Do any of you actually know of a single independent black African author (particularly a Nigerian) who has actually had any kind of success whatsoever publishing books on Amazon? Can you point at a single black/African person who actually has large numbers of ratings and reviews for their books when you go to their page on Amazon? Are you guys not aware that Amazon is racist against Africans and their system is heavily rigged against them?

There are tons of extremely talented writers in Nigeria. Remember the old Pacesetter series in the 80s and 90s, for example? Far more interesting and enjoyable to read than a lot of the garbage put out by these indie white authors who get make tons of money from their crap. Africa has a lot of writing talent. And I mean a lot. Yet, for some reason, nobody can point to a single case of any African (or black) author independently publishing books on KDP and having any kind of success whatsoever on it. Do you people ever bother to wonder why?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Tomman: 10:18am On Apr 17
Btw, just to add: Here are examples of Amazon's anti-black racism:

https://www.vox.com/recode/2021/2/26/22297554/amazon-race-black-diversity-inclusion

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/comments/s0phie/publishing_news_amazon_shuts_down_account_of/

Note that Amazon is by no means unique in this behavior. In fact, this is very much the norm in America.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by watifeb: 12:45pm On Apr 19
nurd:

Hi. Please what range of BSR do you target? I know years ago, it should be within the range of 50k or a Lil bit higher. Just wondering if this still the same, or it has increased since there are more books on kdp
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by nurd(m): 6:11pm On Apr 20
watifeb:

Hi. Please what range of BSR do you target? I know years ago, it should be within the range of 50k or a Lil bit higher. Just wondering if this still the same, or it has increased since there are more books on kdp

Hi,

I don't particularly follow BSR much because the competition is extreme now.

What I use BSR for is to determine demand in the niche. If there is demand (at least three books with low bsr) I'll go into the niche and prop my book up with ads.

That's not to say there are not niches where you can thrive without ads. There are plenty. But I don't touch some niches for personal reasons.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by watifeb: 3:07am On Apr 21
nurd:

Hi,

What I use BSR for is to determine demand in the niche. If there is demand (at least three books with low bsr) I'll go into the niche and prop my book up with ads.

That's not to say there are not niches where you can thrive without ads. There are plenty. But I don't touch some niches for personal reasons.
Ok. Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by FxExpo(m): 4:28pm On Apr 22
Tomman:
I find this entire thread very strange. Do any of you actually know of a single independent black African author (particularly a Nigerian) who has actually had any kind of success whatsoever publishing books on Amazon? Can you point at a single black/African person who actually has large numbers of ratings and reviews for their books when you go to their page on Amazon? Are you guys not aware that Amazon is racist against Africans and their system is heavily rigged against them?

There are tons of extremely talented writers in Nigeria. Remember the old Pacesetter series in the 80s and 90s, for example? Far more interesting and enjoyable to read than a lot of the garbage put out by these indie white authors who get make tons of money from their crap. Africa has a lot of writing talent. And I mean a lot. Yet, for some reason, nobody can point to a single case of any African (or black) author independently publishing books on KDP and having any kind of success whatsoever on it. Do you people ever bother to wonder why?
I can believe this because of the rate of account termination going on over there on Kdp without reasonable offense, I feel one cannot build a source of income with Kdp and depend on it or else they disappoint someone.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by jolak5(m): 9:23am On Apr 25
nurd:

I do look into publisher rocket but I don't trust their data. So, I do all my research on Amazon.

Hey boss,

I would really love to learn more about ads. I have written several books but I don't make so much. Do you mind giving some tips on the ads? I tried it at a point but I wasn't getting any result.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dreamxhaser: 9:52am On Apr 25
nurd:

Hi,

Boss, will $100 be enough for 3 months worth of ADS?

Also assuming I don't do ads and I have a good number of books (let's say 20 books). Can they be generating $100 at least a month.

I want my books to generate the money for their ads themselves.

I don't want to touch the Amazon money now, I just want something I will build with time till i finish school.

So my plan Is to publish books, a lot of quality books. Maybe 20 books by December. Then if they can start generating something tangible ($100 per month). I will divert the money into ADS.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AngelicBeing: 11:22am On Apr 25
dreamxhaser:

Also assuming I don't do ads and I have a good number of books (let's say 20 books). Can they be generating $100 at least a month.

I don't want to touch the Amazon money now, I just want something I will build with time till i finish school.

So my plan Is to publish books, a lot of quality books. Maybe 20 books by December. Then if they can start generating something tangible ($100 per month). I will divert the money into ADS.

l have not published any of my books online but l publish them in hard copys but meanwhile l will start publishing online as soon as I can but my books are doing well in different bookshelves outside Nigeria

One thing I discovered from the good feedbacks and response of several readers to me is the contents of your book, does your book carry messages / informations that is relevant in solving people's needs?

People buy my books and recommend it to others, l once published a book and before they accepted the book in a VIP BOOKSHOP abroad, it took about one month of physical examination of the contents of the book because the bookshop receives books from different parts of the world, from best sellers, renowned authors etc and they take their time to screen your book and if they are not satisfied, they will call you to pick your book and tell you that they are not accepting it shocked

So you can see the challenge for my book (an unknown author)to be accepted in that kind of VIP BOOKSHOP, and finally my book was approved and accepted because of what they read in the book, one of the senior officers in the bookshop was the one telling other managers that my book is / was good 😊

The book you publish or write, if you are not the author, would you see that same book and buy it?

One good book properly cooked 🍚 and is feeding different people in different parts of the world is better than 100 books that does not impacts the lives of people

Your book should be addressing different issues in the lives of people not just in your country but in different parts of the world

Remember that, that same niche or topic or title that you are writing or have written about, millions of other authors have done justice to such niche, so you have to find your way to atleast write something unique so that if someone can't find a known authors book but once they scroll up and down, see yours and it carries a message or solution to what they are looking for, they will purchase your book(s) cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by SuperOnyi: 12:03pm On Apr 25
AngelicBeing:

l have not published any of my books online but l publish them in hard copys but meanwhile l will start publishing online as soon as I can but my books are doing well in different bookshelves outside Nigeria

One thing I discovered from the good feedbacks and response of several readers to me is the contents of your book, does your book carry messages / informations that is relevant in solving people's needs?

People buy my books and recommend it to others, l once published a book and before they accepted the book in a VIP BOOKSHOP abroad, it took about one month of physical examination of the contents of the book because the bookshop receives books from different parts of the world, from best sellers, renowned authors etc and they take their time to screen your book and if they are not satisfied, they will call you to pick your book and tell you that they are not accepting it shocked

So you can are the challenge for my book (an unknown author)to be accepted in that kind of VIP BOOKSHOP, and finally my book was approved and accepted because of what they read in the book, one of the senior officers in the bookshop was the one telling other managers that my book is / was good 😊

The book you publish or write, if you are not the author, would you see that same book and buy it?

One good book properly cooked 🍚 and is feeding different people in different parts of the world is better than 100 books that does not impacts the lives of people

Your book should be addressing different issues in the lives of people not just in your country but in different parts of the world

Remember that, that same niche or topic or title that you are writing or have written about, millions of other authors have done justice to such niche, so you have to find your way to atleast write something unique so that if someone can't find a known authors book but once they scroll up and down, see yours and it carries a message or solution to what they are looking for, they will purchase your book(s) cool

shocked

This is amazing! If you don't mind, can you tell us the niche you're focused on and if this method pays better than kdp.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by jolak5(m): 1:33pm On Apr 25
nurd:

I have been trying to quote this message. I really want to learn how to use ads. I have tried it before but I didn't get any result. Can you give me tips please?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by nurd(m): 5:19pm On Apr 25
jolak5:

Hey boss,

I would really love to learn more about ads. I have written several books but I don't make so much. Do you mind giving some tips on the ads? I tried it at a point but I wasn't getting any result.

Before creating ads, make sure your cover is great. That's what will get you clicks.

You can start with auto ads as they can give you fast results and not too complicated.

Next, use "Down Only" bidding strategy to prevent overspending.

You can start with 0.16. Bid. If you're not getting impressions, increase gradually, such as .02 increments until you start getting impressions. Clicks will come then.

Once you start getting clicks, you need to optimize. This can get complicated. But try and sew where you're getting sales by checking placement under your campaign. I'll recommend increasing "product page" placement. You can start with 20% and keep increasing depending on your results.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by nurd(m): 5:23pm On Apr 25
dreamxhaser:

20 books can generate $100 if your keyword research is on point. Even less can generate that. Just make sure you do your research.

I usually use $5 daily budget and that can last for a week or so. Your ad budget depends on your strategy though. Some can exhaust $100 in a day and others may not spend up to that in a month. Test. And go with what works for you.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by nurd(m): 5:24pm On Apr 25
jolak5:

I have been trying to quote this message. I really want to learn how to use ads. I have tried it before but I didn't get any result. Can you give me tips please?
Answered
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dreamxhaser: 10:13am On Apr 26
nurd:

20 books can generate $100 if your keyword research is on point. Even less can generate that. Just make sure you do your research.

I usually use $5 daily budget and that can last for a week or so. Your ad budget depends on your strategy though. Some can exhaust $100 in a day and others may not spend up to that in a month. Test. And go with what works for you.

Thank you so much

One more question on my mind. Especially for you and evb2000

Do you think AI will replace KDP Authors in the future? I plan to do this for as long as I can. But I've been wondering if AI will destroy the business in like 4-5 years. Because I have the feeling that if AI becomes good enough, people will just generate their books with AI instead of buying from KDP.

As experts what do you think?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by evb2000: 10:33am On Apr 26
dreamxhaser:

Thank you so much

One more question on my mind. Especially for you and evb2000

Do you think AI will replace KDP Authors in the future? I plan to do this for as long as I can. But I've been wondering if AI will destroy the business in like 4-5 years. Because I have the feeling that if AI becomes good enough, people will just generate their books with AI instead of buying from KDP.

As experts what do you think?

Well, I can't predict the future but your concern is very valid and there is a possibility. Most big companies are reducing their workforce and replacing them with AI. I was recently invited for a beta test to narrate some of my books into audiobooks by AI. Men! If they had not told me it was AI, i won't believe. It sounds so natural. This simply means, audiobook narrators would soon be out of business.

So, there is a possibility to train their AI to write highly in-demand titles and authors may be sidelined. I honestly pray this won't be the case.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dreamxhaser: 11:18am On Apr 26
evb2000:

Well, I can't predict the future but your concern is very valid and there is a possibility. Most big companies are reducing their workforce and replacing them with AI. I was recently invited for a beta test to narrate some of my books into audiobooks by AI. Men! If they had not told me it was AI, i won't believe. It sounds so natural. This simply means, audiobook narrators would soon be out of business.

So, there is a possibility to train their AI to write highly in-demand titles and authors may be sidelined. I honestly pray this won't be the case.

I hope so too

But come to think of it, there might still be a demand for human written books. Because i think the customers buy this books because they belive the authors (humans) can relate with their probelms.

Besides, these books dont cost much (for someone in the first world). So if they didnt want to buy, they might just used blogs to learn everything in an easy and strightfoward way.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by jolak5(m): 12:05pm On Apr 26
nurd:

Before creating ads, make sure your cover is great. That's what will get you clicks.

You can start with auto ads as they can give you fast results and not too complicated.

Next, use "Down Only" bidding strategy to prevent overspending.

You can start with 0.16. Bid. If you're not getting impressions, increase gradually, such as .02 increments until you start getting impressions. Clicks will come then.

Once you start getting clicks, you need to optimize. This can get complicated. But try and sew where you're getting sales by checking placement under your campaign. I'll recommend increasing "product page" placement. You can start with 20% and keep increasing depending on your results.

Thank you so much. I will start now. Can you explain the product page placement again? Does it mean I will create another ad for product placement or it's a tool that's a part of the former ad?

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.