Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,819 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread - Education (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread (77894 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Davo93(m): 12:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
@Fynestboi, As Snoopy rightly said, Fix the dates first and as per timing, if i am given the opportunity to choose, i can pick like 8pm-11pm but i wouldn't know if that will go well with my able co-debaters. I mean for Friday now.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 1:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley any question?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by IamDejman(m): 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fynestboi: smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley any question?
its kinda far...tout it will be around jan 5,6,7,9 etc
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Davo93(m): 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fynestboi: smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley any question?
Yes please. Concerning the UNN vs OAU topic, does it mean the supporting side will blame FG while the opposing side blames ASUU? It's not too clear to me please. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Davo93: Yes please. Concerning the UNN vs OAU topic, does it mean the supporting side will blame FG while the opposing side blames ASUU? It's not too clear to me please. Thanks
supporting blames ASUU and support fg while opposing blames fg and support ASUU is that clear?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
IamDejman: its kinda far...tout it will be around jan 5,6,7,9 etc
i purposely put it that far to aid perfect preparation and to prevent any excuse...... wink wink
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Davo93(m): 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
--
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Davo93(m): 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fynestboi: supporting blames ASUU and support fg while opposing blames fg and support ASUU is that clear?
OMG! shocked I thought it was the other way round. This is gonna be a though one.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
Anymore question?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fynestboi: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1490225_unn_jpg92e6c1c8b95bc1076b653d9790ed4063
i made a mistake @davos its

FG/ASUU
UNN WHO IS TO BLAME? [FG]/ OAU who is to blame [ASUU]

do u get it this way?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by snoopy(m): 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
Davo93: OMG! shocked I thought it was the other way round. This is gonna be a though one.

Thought it was the other way round as well, the topic is not very definitive as to the stand of the supporting and opposing sides. I think the original stand should be communicated to the other side as well, else I forsee a mix up...would be a disaster to have both sides post their essays agreeing with each other on debate daygringrin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
snoopy:

Thought it was the other way round as well, the topic is not very definitive as to the stand of the supporting and opposing sides. I think the original stand should be communicated to the other side as well, else I forsee a mix up...would be a disaster to have both sides post their essays agreeing with each other on debate daygringrin
my explainatn above is nt clear?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by snoopy(m): 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fynestboi: my explainatn above is nt clear?
It is, just suggesting you let the UNN guys in as well so as to be sure they are clear
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by larride(m): 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
Why we go dey support this topic now, I wan oppose ham ni. angry

We re just resuming new session so anytime on friday and saturday is okay by me.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Davo93(m): 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
snoopy:

Abi oo grin

Thanks Fynestboi for the clarity. This means OAU is against ASUU while UNN is against FG.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by damoskiy(m): 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
We ar gud to go....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
We are fired up, ready to go. Team DELSU!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Quatermaine: 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fynestboi: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1490224_unliag_jpg72aea9e87df81992ee1ee4e5939e138f
This is the debate am looking forward to not even my own.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Oluwatola5(f): 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fynest i beg to differ sir, look into that OAU's topic, if we are to support the FG that means we didnt come 8th in the last challenge and the fixture should have been ''OAU(supporting)VS UNN(Opposing)'' and not ''UNN(supporting) VS OAU(Opposing)''. Now to avoid getting things mixed up, let each stick to its own. Since the topic says ''FG/ASUU'' every normal human being will presume his side judging from if his/her team name appeared first. I hope i am communicating here? Besides, i have written my essay already, since yesterday and i am on the opposing side. Remember all winner 1,2,3,4, are supporters team while winners 5,6,7 and 8 are opposers. So we are opposing the motion, no going back.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Quatermaine: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Oluwatola5: Fynest i beg to differ sir, look into that OAU's topic, if we are to support the FG that means we didnt come 8th in the last challenge and the fixture should have been ''OAU(supporting)VS UNN(Opposing)'' and not ''UNN(supporting) VS OAU(Opposing)''. Now to avoid getting things mixed up, let each stick to its own. Since the topic says ''FG/ASUU'' every normal human being will presume his side judging from if his/her team name appeared first. I hope i am communicating here? Besides, i have written my essay already, since yesterday and i am on the opposing side. Remember all winner 1,2,3,4, are supporters team while winners 5,6,7 and 8 are opposers. So we are opposing the motion, no going back.
You just have to. grin..

Meanyle, why did you not rep OAU ?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by damoskiy(m): 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
Quatermaine:
This is the debate am looking forward to not even my own.
eheheh....seriously take it easy on us.... D pressure is much...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
Oluwatola5: Fynest i beg to differ sir, look into that OAU's topic, if we are to support the FG that means we didnt come 8th in the last challenge and the fixture should have been ''OAU(supporting)VS UNN(Opposing)'' and not ''UNN(supporting) VS OAU(Opposing)''. Now to avoid getting things mixed up, let each stick to its own. Since the topic says ''FG/ASUU'' every normal human being will presume his side judging from if his/her team name appeared first. I hope i am communicating here? Besides, i have written my essay already, since yesterday and i am on the opposing side. Remember all winner 1,2,3,4, are supporters team while winners 5,6,7 and 8 are opposers. So we are opposing the motion, no going back.
i think we are saying the same thing, how best do u want me to expantiate this? Fg/ASUU who is to blame those supporting wud let us knw its nt fg, but ASUU, and those opposing wud let us knw its nt ASUU bt fg.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Rareantagonist(m): 8:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
good... by that time i would be free from the usual stress... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ...na only restlessness go worry mesad
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
Rare-antagonist:
good... by that time i would be free from the usual stress... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ...na only restlessness go worry mesad
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Oluwatola5(f): 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
Quatermaine: You just have to. grin..

Meanyle, why did you not rep OAU ?
We are a team made up of 4 debaters, 2 pairs, so in every round, a guy and a girl shows up, just like the first, it was Oluwatola5 and Cimitidine, and the next was Davo93 and Miracy. So we rotate it till we get to the final stage. But to every law there is an exception, they may be one anyways.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Oluwatola5(f): 11:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fynestboi: i think we are saying the same thing, how best do u want me to expantiate this? Fg/ASUU who is to blame those supporting wud let us knw its nt fg, but ASUU, and those opposing wud let us knw its nt ASUU bt fg.
Phew!!! Still this doesnt correlate with the pairing order. We should be tackling the ASUU and not the FG...... I hope this wouldnt lead to a situation whereby all 4 debaters will be taking on the FG as the topic itself is misleading, to avoid that, dont confuse us here. UNN should tackling the FG while OAU the ASUU.... That is the order with which the topic was given. Your explanation is even confusing me the more.

Anyway, i have no say here.......
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
@fynestboi. Ms_oluwatola is making sense here. The debate would look as if the both side is supporting and nobody will really tackle his opponent. Oau and Unn will both be supporting their motion and it won't look like a debate but a mere argument about two things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104)

Is Dressing Like These Morally Wrong & Unethical For Teaching Profession? Photos / Peter And Paula Imafidon Are Britain's Smartest Family / Edo State Polytechnic Expels 2 Students Caught Having Sex In Lecture Halls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.