Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Corporate Corruption:Sales Rep Unjustly Sacked For Not Giving Managers Kickbacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corporate Corruption:Sales Rep Unjustly Sacked For Not Giving Managers Kickbacks (675 Views)

Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” / Buhari Reinstates Zakari Biu, A Police Officer Sacked For Releasing Bokoharam / Anyim Pius' (SGF) sacked for Excessive Sleeping,(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corporate Corruption:Sales Rep Unjustly Sacked For Not Giving Managers Kickbacks by xarxes(m): 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
Clearly corruption stinks in nigeria including our corporate world.I got wind recently of a non-conformer who was persecuted for not giving in to corruption. This concerns a certain medical sales representative in lagos working for an indigenous local pharmaceutical company (names withheld) whose popular products include artesunate and mekophar vitamin c glucose which you might know very well. Sales reps are usually hired to market and sell their medicines to hospitals and pharmacies. Sales reps are allowed to sell above company selling price and keep whatever profits they make on the field as an incentive to them since they are generally poorly paid. But what I hear as a pharmacy owner is that this sales reps are usually mandated to give kickbacks(part of their personal profits) aka bribe to their direct supervisors or managers so as to retain their jobs and get more goods to sell so as to meet up with very high and ridiculous targets. This is usually a conspiracy or a corrupt scheme in most indigenous pharmaceutical companies which is known only to the reps and their managers excluding the most senior managers and MD. Most reps do comply as far as I know so as to save their jobs and meet targets. But what annoys me is when it is made compulsory for them and those who don't comply are usually frustrated out of the company or blackmailed most times they are sackly unjustly and replaced without the knowledge or consent of the MD. This happens very often and has been in place in so many companies for years now. This recently happened to a pharmacist friend of mine. And I begin to ask if NLC or the Pharmaceutical society of nigeria or nafdac is not aware of all this schemes or if they are aware but they choose not to act or investigate it. It beats me seriously.

Please my good people of NL pls your advice or inputs are needed here.

These corrupt schemes must stop. Its unprofessional and unethical.

Pls MOD pls front page pls I beg u.thanks
Re: Corporate Corruption:Sales Rep Unjustly Sacked For Not Giving Managers Kickbacks by fasho01(m): 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
OP can i ask if you just moved into nigeria

This is a sad trend in our country and the PSN you are wondering if they are not aware is also guilty of this and it is not restricted to just the pharmaceutical industry but ALL sectors of our economy, even down to the common fruit seller on the street.

We need reorientation in this country and i doubt that may even do much cos corruption has eaten deep into our fabrics.

no more regards for ethics and morals. it is indeed sad and i pray it ends one day.
Re: Corporate Corruption:Sales Rep Unjustly Sacked For Not Giving Managers Kickbacks by xarxes(m): 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
@Fasho01 my brother is just sad and sickening I am pained cos dis is happening in our noble profession of Pharmacy.
Re: Corporate Corruption:Sales Rep Unjustly Sacked For Not Giving Managers Kickbacks by RockMaxi: 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
@OP, I wanted to read without passing any comment but after going through the 3rd line, I realized name withheld does not hold again cos the company handling mekophar Vit.C is a household name. grin grin
Re: Corporate Corruption:Sales Rep Unjustly Sacked For Not Giving Managers Kickbacks by xarxes(m): 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2013

(1) (Reply)

"My Questions To Mr. Peter Obi & Apga,sunnewsonline.com / Anambra people, drop ur observations on the election here / One Passenger Dies As Police Raids Hangers On Train In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.