Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. (888 Views)

Celebrities At 5th Africa International Film Festival ,in Lekki Lagos / Photos From Mo Abudu's Movie Premiere 'fifty' In London / Osoufia in London: Nigerian Home Video/VCD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by VillageBoi(m): 5:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
Just a shout out to all London peeps. Hopefully you find this to be of interest.

The Royal African Society's annual film festival is here again (and yes they will be showing Mother of George). How many times are these festivals going to keep repeating Osuofia in London? They nefa tire? We don get berra things to show siiiince nah!

Anyway some really interesting 'debates' like 'The Business of Film in Africa' (FREE Industry Forum event)

The whole thing runs from 1 Nov - 10 Nov.

Check out the programme here - http://www.filmafrica.org.uk/programme/
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by prof800(m): 11:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
so london peeps like Osuofia this much..?
why not show "onye ozi" in place of it if they want comedy?
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by VillageBoi(m): 1:14am On Nov 01, 2013
prof800: so london peeps like Osuofia this much..?
why not show "onye ozi" in place of it if they want comedy?
I wonder o! Mother of George is sold out so one of the Naija films I'll be seeing is 'Living In Bondage'... I've never seen that on the BIG screen. Hoodrush has never interested me.
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
VillageBoi:
I wonder o! Mother of George is sold out so one of the Naija films I'll be seeing is 'Living In Bondage'... I've never seen that on the BIG screen. Hoodrush has never interested me.

Hoodrush is one of Nollywood's best this year (I saw it this year), trust me! A lot better than the first musical; Inale. I wonder why the film had zero publicity.
I saw it January and I wanted to share....then I don't know what stopped me sef. I think you will enjoy it. Though it started slow and I didn't dig the colour grading, but I loved it. I went into the theatre with low expectations though and it was really above my expectations. You might end up getting surprised like me as well. smiley
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by VillageBoi(m): 3:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
^ ^ ^
You will not believe I was buying tickets for Hoodrush this morning to take some friends... the server was down at the point when I picked our seats. I then went out, just got back and the darn things are SOLD OUT... not that I really care though teehee. Will just have to take my friends out to do something else grin
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 02, 2013
VillageBoi: ^ ^ ^
You will not believe I was buying tickets for Hoodrush this morning to take some friends... the server was down at the point when I picked our seats. I then went out, just got back and the darn things are SOLD OUT... not that I really care though teehee. Will just have to take my friends out to do something else grin

You see grin. Even London people dey rush am cheesy.

But seriously, those guys have zero marketing strategy! The only hype it received was through 'word of mouth' and positive reviews.
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by prof800(m): 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
speedyboi:

But seriously, those guys have zero marketing strategy! The only hype it received was through 'word of mouth' and positive reviews.
villagesquaretv tried for them sha..hyping the movie allova lagos.
if not, I myself wouldn't know about the film.
But this is really poor marketing coming from those flipsyde guys.
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by VillageBoi(m): 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
^ ^ ^
Speedy & Prof

It's a real shame if they didn't market their movie well.

What makes me wonder is why in the world is it 145 mins in length? Another reason I'm not eager to see it. No be say na epic blockbuster nah AND cinemas will find it a hard length to swallow from an unknown newbie. Filmmaking 101. Nuff said grin
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
Speedy & Prof

It's a real shame if they didn't market their movie well.

What makes me wonder is why in the world is it 145 mins in length? Another reason I'm not eager to see it. No be say na epic blockbuster nah AND cinemas will find it a hard length to swallow from an unknown newbie. Filmmaking 101. Nuff said grin

@145mins, that's because it's a musical I guess. They have to tell the story and sing as well. But the song 'sweet' sha grin...you won't realise how fast the 145mins will fly cheesy

Btw...as usual...I was looking for a movie to go see tomorrow evening, then bam! I saw captain Phillips has been released into Nigerian theatres. Make I click on 'ticket booking', I saw there's no more ticket available for the movie at my preferred schedule. I sha ended up booking for confusion nawa so I can atleast have something to relax over before the week begins. Funny, I searched and I discovered the movie is actually well received....now I'm eager to see it grin
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by VillageBoi(m): 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
speedyboi:
Btw...as usual...I was looking for a movie to go see tomorrow evening, then bam! I saw captain Phillips has been released into Nigerian theatres.
Have seen it twice... I'm sure you'll like it, it's pretty good.

Btw... I saw 'Turbo' today... That was a really enjoyable film. The crowd both adults & kids loved it and a lot of people were dancing in their seats at the end!

Turbo Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlRtm8Gh9PQ
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by prof800(m): 9:02am On Nov 03, 2013
"Confusion na wa" received positive welcoming...it's a shame I've not been able to watch it.
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 03, 2013
VillageBoi:
Have seen it twice... I'm sure you'll like it, it's pretty good.
Unfortunately, I won't be seeing it till probably next weekend sad

prof800: "Confusion na wa" received positive welcoming... it's a shame I've not been able to watch it.

I was surprised! The name alone has been a turn off for me! What the heck is 'confusion nawa'? Do they need any special funds to be able to give a movie an attractive title? undecided
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by VillageBoi(m): 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
speedyboi:
I was surprised! The name alone has been a turn off for me! What the heck is 'confusion nawa'? Do they need any special funds to be able to give a movie an attractive title? undecided
I kinda liked the trailer and want to see it too.
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
Just got back from 'Confusion Nawa'! I can see the reason the film was well received. It's such a simple effortless story! The filmmakers didn't try to outdo themselves! It's a nice film anyway; Set within 24hours. Anybody would like it cos it is very 'relatable'. Not a waste of money smiley smiley smiley
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by VillageBoi(m): 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
^ ^ ^
Thanks a lot for that bro. I will def find a way to see it grin
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
Thanks a lot for that bro. I will def find a way to see it grin

lol...you welcome.

btw, turbo is an 'animation' movie? undecided. That explains the reason i never heard of it! I hate animations angry angry angry angry
Re: Filmafrica UK. Festival In London. by VillageBoi(m): 10:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
speedyboi:
btw, turbo is an 'animation' movie? undecided. That explains the reason i never heard of it! I hate animations angry angry angry angry

Lol... you're like me. I've never liked animations but of recent I've seen a lot and have enjoyed many grin

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? / Gabriel Afolayan And Meg Otanwa In Ojuju / Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.