Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

The Nigerian Version... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Version... (408 Views)

Nigerian Version Of Old Trafford / APC Is The Nigerian Version Of The Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood Party? / I Have A Dream Speech : Nigerian Version. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Version... by stoutlady(f): 10:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
So I was watching Sunrise the other day and a guest came on. During his interview he made a comment which I found hilarious, and forms the basis for this thread. He said, in defining democracy, 'democracy is for the rich by the rich to make laws for the poor people to suffer'. It got me thinking about Nigerianizing definitions, idioms, proverbs etc, and how far we can go. For instance, the phrase 'oga at top' now means something different in everyday Nigerian language lol. If the moderators have no problem then to make it more interesting we can use people's names, names like Farouk Lawan or Oduah should make great proverbs if you catch my drift...I've already said mine above but I'll repeat it below. Please fellow nairalanders lets make this fun, imaginative and interesting...

Democracy (the Nigerian version)-

'democracy is for the rich by the rich to make laws for the poor people to suffer'

(1) (Reply)

Another Budget To Loot / Sambo: FG Will Patronise Bauchi Fertilizer Plant / FEC Approves 300 Million Dollars Credit Facility For Housing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.