Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,914 members, 7,838,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? (10271 Views)

I Want To Improve My Cooking / My Cooking Is Inconsistent. / My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Dygeasy(m): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
freecocoa: The food is prolly not delicious, she may just be eating it so not to hurt your feelings.grin
You Don't Know What It Means When A Guy Decides To Enter A Kitchen. As In To Cook And For A Lady At That. He's Gotta Be A Good And Confident Cook. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Lordwize(m): 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
LadyH: Oh?! it pains u?! i wish all those hubbys that do nt knw hw to appreciate their wives' cooking will read this n realize hw indeed painful it is. Anyhu, u gotta tell ha bout it rather than us. E no consyn us. Good to know u cook well though. Thumbs up.
E consyn u o, maybe you are the type that doesnt compliment your bf if he cooks for you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Lordwize(m): 7:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
frank pessu: @op

I realy jealous u ooo..... Cz I cnt even fry eggs.... Am so shy saying dat n ma gf kips saying I must cook 4 ha..... D worst of al, sh says I must cook ani type of soup...... I dnt even hv a single I ideal
Make her or your sisters teach U o, there love it.
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Dubemkelly(m): 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
Individual differences...Some folks r like dat,find it hard complementing openly buh dey may appreciate along side just like d way we xpress our emotions via screaming,crying,stammering,stuttering n all dat...Just try let her own it means a whole lot 2 u coz she may not hv known. Communication is d key 2 sustain

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by donchi5050(m): 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
Finally my BOSS made front page. I hail Lordwiz u too much, u too knw book. It is a privelege for me to witnez dis great thing in my life tym am hapi

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by lirusehn(m): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
Anoda WORD WORLD, WARD 4 cookin plz? Help a Nairalist. #read 2 undastand
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by lirusehn(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
donchi5050: Finally my BOSS made front page. I hail Lordwiz u too much, u too knw book. It is a privelege for me to witnez dis great thing in my life tym am hapi
and wotz special making fp? Is dia samfin going on on NL dat i dnt knw bout?
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by haymoney01(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Lordwize: Anytime I cooked a delicious meal for my heart, she will just eat to her satisfaction and there is no compliment of your food is tasty from her. It pains me, is it wrong for a woman to compliment her man cooking skills?
No. Its nt

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Lordwize(m): 7:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
Dannylux:

what about us who can't cook? undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by armyofone(m): 7:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
next time allow her to eat bellefull, belch and belch some more and see she won't say 'thank you'
ask her do you enjoy the food? if her ans is yes then take that as thank you. If the ans is No, try to improve grin
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by lirusehn(m): 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
armyofone: next time allow her to eat bellefull, belch and belch some more and see she won't say 'thank you'
ask her do you enjoy the food? if her ans is yes then take that as thank you. If the ans is No, try to improve grin
like advizn sam1 2 please a b*tch. Datz not an option. I see no rson 2 plz a GEILL.
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by LadyH(f): 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
Lordwize: E consyn u o, maybe you are the type that doesnt compliment your bf if he cooks for you.
lol...c by forcin o! just as e no consyn me unto ur mata, e nor still consyn u unto my mata. cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
Abel202: Mr Good Chef, Let me jolt you a bit. The truth is that your wife is only 'tolerating' your habit of cooking for her to eat. I have read your post well and your further comments, and I can tell you that your wife prefers you to play the traditional male role while she plays her traditional female role. So while you are beating your chest that you are a good cook, and will only complement her "when the food is tasty", she is inwardly annoyed that you can't just be like other husbands who shy away from the kitchen and allow their wives to do the cooking, while the husbands do the "complementing".

Op please don't listen to this guy...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by cupidora(f): 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
InvertedHammer: /

You are gradually being domesticated.

Your wife na 'guy' woman!

Next thing, she will start complimenting the way you wash plates, clothes and sweep the floor.

===============================================================================

Cupidora and Polio: if they no born una well, make una correct this my grammar.

//
grin "is a guy woman" not "na guy woman" #abeg no vex,I just wan prove say dem born me well# grin
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Fynestboi: 9:08pm On Nov 01, 2013
Lordwize: Anytime I cooked a delicious meal for my heart, she will just eat to her satisfaction and there is no compliment of your food is tasty from her. It pains me, is it wrong for a woman to compliment her man cooking skills?
indeed a caring husband gringringringringrin
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Fynestboi: 9:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
frank pessu: @op

I realy jealous u ooo..... Cz I cnt even fry eggs.... Am so shy saying dat n ma gf kips saying I must cook 4 ha..... D worst of al, sh says I must cook ani type of soup...... I dnt even hv a single I ideal
ehya sorry, try and apply for a catering school grin
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Fynestboi: 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
the_ripper3: If she is ur girlfriend, stop cooking for her and tell her to eat from home if she isn't courteous enough to say "thank you" at least.

If na ur wife, then sorry for your predicament.
*falls from bed*
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Fynestboi: 9:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
ndu_chucks: so una don carry oyibo method, tie wrapper, enter kitchen dey cook for woman like say una be dan daudu, ko? I sorry for una.
gringringringringringrin
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by donchi5050(m): 9:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ladies & gentlemen its my honour & privilege to present to u guyz lordwiz my biggest BOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by crystalsaint(f): 9:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
My husband is a good cook....he helps when necessary. I dont always compliment him cause he knows his capability when it comes to cooking.
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by 190: 9:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
Mr McJay: Op, maybe she wasn't brought up to compliment good meals. Marriage is a school as well as a partnership. It is your duty to teach her and ensure that your kids do not follow her steps. Otherwise, [size=38pt]in the nearest future, 190's son may be posting the same thing about your daughter on social media[/size].

angry angry
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by donchi5050(m): 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
LORDWISE the BOSSS, LORDWISE the GOD FATHER, LORDWISE the Field Marshal............ I hail the BOSSSSSSSS. I pray som day i wuld b lyk you BOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by soulglo: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
Why don't you tell her that a little thank you would be appreciated. Maybe the food tastes like saw dust grin grin grin One time this guy cooked for me. I said thank you but it was so bad I thought my tongue was bleeding. Never again LOL
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
See wetin he talk
Cupidora and Polio: if they no born una well, make una
correct this my grammar
then u cum reply
cupidora: grin "is a guy woman" not "na guy woman" #abeg no vex,I just wan prove say dem born me well# grin
. U no suppose reply to show say dem born u well nah grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by scholes23(m): 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hope ur wife or someone she knows is not on NL? Cos if she come across dis post, na GOBE.

Well as 4 d compliment, u don't do things 4 pple to compliment cos its not by complimenting u'll know that someone appreciates what ur doing. Everything is from d heart. In as much as she ate to her satisfaction, then that alone should prove beyond every reasonable doubt that she appreciates ur cooking. Body language sef follow cos if she doesn't like it she would either tell u that d food isn't tasty or force herself to eat d food or even relieve u of ur duties in d kitchen. But trust me, one day she'll realize her mistakes and she'll feel remorse and appreciate u 4ever. That's women 4 u.

However let it not stop u from cooking those tasty meals. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Lordwize(m): 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
donchi5050: Finally my BOSS made front page. I hail Lordwiz u too much, u too knw book. It is a privelege for me to witnez dis great thing in my life tym am hapi
Thankx bro, it's not easy at all. God bless Seun and all the Mods that made this a reality.
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Lordwize(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
scholes23: Hope ur wife or someone she knows is not on NL? Cos if she come across dis post, na GOBE.

Well as 4 d compliment, u don't do things 4 pple to compliment cos its not by complimenting u'll know that someone appreciates what ur doing. Everything is from d heart. In as much as she ate to her satisfaction, then that alone should prove beyond every reasonable doubt that she appreciates ur cooking. Body language sef follow cos if she doesn't like it she would either tell u that d food isn't tasty or force herself to eat d food or even relieve u of ur duties in d kitchen. But trust me, one day she'll realize her mistakes and she'll feel remorse and appreciate u 4ever. That's women 4 u.

However let it not stop u from cooking those tasty meals. Keep it up
Thanks man, U're the best.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Lordwize(m): 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
donchi5050: LORDWISE the BOSSS, LORDWISE the GOD FATHER, LORDWISE the Field Marshal............ I hail the BOSSSSSSSS. I pray som day i wuld b lyk you BOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Smiling and laughing.........
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
donchi5050: LORDWISE the BOSSS, LORDWISE the GOD FATHER, LORDWISE the Field Marshal............ I hail the BOSSSSSSSS. I pray som day i wuld b lyk you BOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
abeg bro, no vex..but you dey ok so?? Why you come carry the op for head like this?? undecided hian
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Ngokafor(f): 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
Iceman296: Nothing Wrong, Infact the Compliment is Her eating the Food. I've Cooked Before and She Refused to eat saying it was too Spicy.

Eyahhh...sorry!..
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Ngokafor(f): 10:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
..but seriously this thread is kind of childish..

..so you cooked and didnt get the complement you expected from your woman...well too bad,but i'l have thought that telling her straight up would have been more appropriate instead of opening a thread on nairaland for it...na waooo!...
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by ScarFaceTF(m): 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
Y'll gotta watch this http:///XxgjJ1sR0Z

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of The Fish With Half Human In Ibadan / How Good Is Bruhm Freezer Brand / Aju Mbaise.... #500 Now In Lagos Call Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.