Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? (1539 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Atheist State Your Reasons For Not Believing In God/Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 01, 2013
The Only Thing That would Shake my Faith a bit is When NASA discovers A habitable Extraterrestrial Planet with Living Creatures...

I would weep..
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 01, 2013
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by freeradical(m): 7:43am On Nov 01, 2013
When sumone can explain to me all d mysteries of dis life. Maybe den I can start to consider. Only a fool will say there is no God.
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Okikiade(m): 8:05am On Nov 01, 2013
There's a God somewhere!It's pseudo-living being that taps into the medular oblongata:put water in place of blood!Nothing'll make me stop believing in God!My faith may shakes sometimes because,it what makes me human!
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by raptureready: 8:14am On Nov 01, 2013
A.B.S.O.L.U.T.E.L.Y. N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

#believertillIdie
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 01, 2013
I love All These Comments..
God bless U all jare..

My Faith In The Lord Is Unbreachable..
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 01, 2013
By believing in God, you mean the Christian God, right? does my believing in Amadioha count? undecided tongue

If it does, then this answer also applies...

Nigellus_Hosan: The Only Thing That would Shake my Faith a bit is When NASA discovers A habitable Extraterrestrial Planet with Living Creatures...

tongue
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 01, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: The Only Thing That would Shake my Faith a bit is When NASA discovers A habitable Extraterrestrial Planet with Living Creatures...

I would weep..

Hmmm...

I have looked at the post above for quite a bit and still can't get my mind around why one's faith in God would falter when living creatures are discovered outside our planet.
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by mazaje(m): 10:34am On Nov 01, 2013
striktlymi:

Hmmm...

I have looked at the post above for quite a bit and still can't get my mind around why one's faith in God would falter when living creatures are discovered outside our planet.

I means a lot to any objective observer, if we are to find another civilization else where, with no religion at all for example will that shake your faith?. . .Did Jesus also die for their sins or was Mohammed also sent to them as a last messenger from Allah?. . .Finding another planet with a civilization it in will make many to leave their religion because no religion and its founder ever thought of that, to them the earth is the center of the universe and the center of attraction of their various gods. . .After all it is less than 10 years ago that we discovered that those stars high up in the sky were solar systems with planets revolving round them like ours. . .
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 01, 2013
masonkz: By believing in God, you mean the Christian God, right? does my believing in Amadioha count? undecided tongue

If it does, then this answer also applies...

tongue

Amadioha
Like seriously undecided..
A fiction of Imagination from palm wine drunk farmers is extremely incapable of producing a DNA String..
Much less A Strand of my hair..
I do not believe in extraterrestrial beings i only believe in the planets cos they are in the bible so as Far as Aliens are not in the bible then forget it..
U may not believe in miracles but 've seen Miracles..

N i can never ever stop believing in The Most High God I Am..

Are u a Practicing Atheist or has Pagan9ja successfully converted U..
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 01, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

Amadioha..
A fiction of Imagination from palm wine drunk farmers is extremely incapable of producing a dna String..
Much less A Strand of me hair..
I do not believe in extraterrestrial beings i only believe in the planets cos they are in the bible so as Far as Aliens are not in the bible then forget it..
U may not believe in miracles but 've seen Miracles..

N i can never ever stop believing in The Most High God I Am..

Are u a Practicing Atheist or has Pagan9ja successfully converted U..

@boldened, what makes you think the miracles weren't done by Amadioha? or Orunmila? undecided They both exist in my own book, and Jesus doesn't exist in the book sad

1 Like

Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 01, 2013
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2013
mazaje:

I means a lot to any objective observer, if we are to find another civilization else where, with no religion at all for example will that shake your faith?. . .Did Jesus also die for their sins or was Mohammed also sent to them as a last messenger from Allah?. . .Finding another planet with a civilization it in will make many to leave their religion because no religion and its founder ever thought of that, to them the earth is the center of the universe and the center of attraction of their various gods. . .After all it is less than 10 years ago that we discovered that those stars high up in the sky were solar systems with planets revolving round them like ours. . .

Until we listen to their Stories...
Every Intelligent being would always know he was created for a purpose n by a maker hence so many false religions created by man to be close to their Creator in their own ways...
Meanwhile Only Christianity Is The True Religion That Was why God himself Came down

...even Atheists..Pagans n Scientists respect Us..

Between do u think if there were aliens they would have let us reach this period..
Seeing that our earth is very Rich n has all the right thingz for life in The Right quantities..

We are In A Shooting galaxy where Asteroids n comets zoom past us...
Those that are small and get into our atmosphere are burnt up..
While the Ones that could reek havoc just slip past us..

Has anyone wondered y the 2 Asteroids that landed in Russia n Flattened Acres n Acres of Forest Land..
Their was a city close but it Still did not harm it or chose to Strike the City..

An Asteroid The Size of 1/8 the moon Would cos the Earth to be Molten for a 1000 years..

All life would be Wiped Out in less than 1 minute..
And anything that Survives after the 1000 years Would Still have to deal with the reconfiguring of everything all over again..
A new Atmosphere..
New Continents..
New Ice Ages..
Certainly the Oceans would have boiled away..

And a new dry earth would spring up..

And new organisms bah...
Or a new panspermic Comet would bring Water again n bacteria that would then evolve to Intelligent beings...
Makes no sense..

Yet u would Wonder Y we are not been harmed or touched in any way...
And Somepeople would say There's no Creator..

Oya Somebody would bring Up Earthquakes..plane crash..Tsunamis...Landslides n The rest..

But it still doesn't Change the fact that there's a merciful God Somewhere Existing outside of Time n our World watching Us..
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 01, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

Yet u would Wonder Y we are not been harmed or touched in any way...
And Somepeople would say There's no Creator..

Oya Somebody would bring Up Earthquakes..plane crash..Tsunamis...Landslides n The rest..

But it still doesn't Change the fact that there's a merciful God Somewhere Existing outside of Time n our World watching Us..

Yea, very merciful.

Get out of your comfort zone Hosan. What were these people's crime? maybe cos they probably don't believe in the Christian God?

1 Like

Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 01, 2013
masonkz:

@boldened, what makes you think the miracles weren't done by Amadioha? or Orunmila? undecided They both exist in my own book, and Jesus doesn't exist in the book sad

I do not worship any of them..i do not fear nor need them..i do not ask of their help..
I do not pray to them..
Y would they help me..

My Jesus I pray to proves himself God...
Everyother God was Created by man to Satisfy their Sinful/Selfish ways..
Like bombing a Church..Slaughtering Sleeping Students n u would b promised 72 virgins in the afterlife..
First where do the verjeans com from..

Or Slaughtering Goats when others are hungry..

What does Amadioha want from me..

Can he make my future bright does he have an holy book....
That guide me on the right path..

Jesus is the way...
Came to rescue me from sin..
Teaches thingz i know not..
Making my future bright..
Guiding me on the narrow path of Salvation..
Where the Word of God is A Light onto my path..

There is none like him..
Don't let me start crying cos he's too good..

1 Like

Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

I do not worship any of them..i do not fear nor need them..i do not ask of their help..
I do not pray to them..
Y would they help me..

Like bombing a Church..Slaughtering Sleeping Students n u would b promised 72 virgins in the afterlife..

Lol. I don't believe in Amadioha, Hosan. just giving an instance.

@the bold. I'm sure you must have read your old testament very well. Don't tell me that God didn't approve of all the wars that went on in it, and even Slavery too. So as you can see, EVERY God requires/required some sort of sacrifice at one point in time.
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
masonkz:

Yea, very merciful.

Get out of your comfort zone Hosan. What were these people's crime? maybe cos they probably don't believe in the Christian God?

or maybe it was appointed unto man to die once n after that judgement..
We cannot question him..

Since u've been questioning him av u gotten an answer n what has Amadioha don or did to save the millions of Ibos who chose to slaughter themselves in a senseless Civil war..

U expect God to jump down from heaven to every help me..

N 'm in a very big discomfort Zone ATM even when evrytin is so bleak but that doesn't mean i won't worship believe n thank him..
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
masonkz:

Lol. I don't believe in Amadioha, Hosan. just giving an instance.

@the bold. I'm sure you must have read your old testament very well. Don't tell me that God didn't approve of all the wars that went on in it, and even Slavery too. So as you can see, EVERY God requires/required some sort of sacrifice at one point in time.

I think those people are resting in peace now...
N d few that survived dont u think the world would have been better off without their terrorist descendants..

As A Christian we follow the Teachings of Jesus n The New Testament..

We still have enemies na...
Nigeria az..
We can still slaughter them all in a holy war..
Those were the Thingz Christ came to correct while redeeming n Sanctifying us...

The sacrifice he asks of us now is living a good life..helping others n b good in a age where it is becoming difficult..
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

We cannot question him..

Since u've been questioning him av u gotten an answer n what has Amadioha don or did to save the millions of Ibos who chose to slaughter themselves in a senseless Civil war..

N 'm in a very big discomfort Zone ATM even when evrytin is so bleak but that doesn't mean i won't worship believe n thank him..

You only know about HIM because the White man came to look for resources down here. Else you wouldn't. Maybe everyone should be born with a knowledge of one God, that would make everything easier. Then one can choose to either worship HIM, or not. But you only practice the religion you were born into. that should tell you a lot of things. Those in India practice the religion they were born into, same with those in Saudi Arabia, and other parts of the world.

I guess I just have some little time on my hands today. lol

Anyway, I don't entirely see myself as an atheist. I just enjoy the different viewpoint of different religions. I still enjoy attending choir gatherings, when the people there have such beautiful voices grin

I'm all for peace smiley
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

I think those people are resting in peace now...
N d few that survived dont u think the world would have been better off without their terrorist descendants..

As A Christian we follow the Teachings of Jesus n The New Testament..

We still have enemies na...
Nigeria az..
We can still slaughter them all in a holy war..
Those were the Thingz Christ came to correct while redeeming n Sanctifying us...

The sacrifice he asks of us now is living a good life..helping others n b good in a age where it is becoming difficult..

Really? why are people still quoting Leviticus for me every now and then?

Anyway, no more derailing. Back to topic grin
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
masonkz:

You only know about HIM because they White man came to source for resources down here. Else you wouldn't. Maybe everyone sjould be born with a knowledge of one God, that would make everything easier. Then one can choose to either worship HIM, or not. But you only practice the religion you were born into. that should tell you a lot of things. Those in India practice the religion they were born into, same with those in Arab, and other parts of the world.

I guess I just have some little time on my hands today. lol

Anyway, I don't entirely see myself as an atheist. I just enjoy the different viewpoint of different religion. I still enjoy attending choir gatherings, when the people there have such beautiful voices grin

o yeah...
They simply followed his commandments go ye into the world n teach evrybody blah blah blah..

I don't think u would b typing if the missionaries didn't com to show us the way...

Meanwhile not all arabs or asians practice d religion they were born into...

Thousands were Slaughtered in Holy wars..
Atleast the God of Israel didn't force the Canaanites to b converted to Judaism he was cleansing the Earth...

I was born into Christianity..
My ancestors up to 18** have been Christians..

So Christianity is my Religion.
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
mazaje:

All that is important here is that Christ died for humans...

The question we should ask ourselves is: Are there humans outside of this Earth?

#That is assuming Christianity is the only Religion.
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
masonkz:

Really? why are people still quoting Leviticus for me every now and then?

Anyway, no more derailing. Back to topic grin

lollzz u started d leviticus ish on this thread naw...

Oya back to topic..
I don tire
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
striktlymi:

All that is important here is that Christ died for humans...

The question we should ask ourselves is: Are there humans outside of this Earth?

humans live on Earth..
Other beings if ever discovered would look strikingly different created to match their habitat n gravity of their planet..
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

humans live on Earth..
Other beings if ever discovered would look strikingly different created to match their habitat n gravity of their planet..

Probably, if there are other beings outside this Earth. Anyways, that answers part of Mazaje's concern. Christ only died for Humans.
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Iceman296: 12:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
Absolutely Nothing, I mean Nothing.

I Have an Unwavering Faith In God Who was, who is And Who is to Come.
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
Now guys, lets be a bit practical...shall we? If you have a gun pointed to your 'temple' because of your faith, won't it falter?
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Emusan(m): 12:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
striktlymi: Now guys, lets be a bit practical... shall we? If you have a gun pointed to your 'temple' because of your faith, won't it falter?

This lead to the question, if heaven is real why Christians are afraiding of death? Simply because we don't know the kind of faith we have.
It happened to Stephen, The Three Hebrew Men, Daniel, most of the Apostle e.t.c.

But we Christian today have mind in material possession of this world which has polluted out Faith.

My prayer is God in His infinite mercy continue to guide our step right and strengthen our faith more.
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
Emusan:

This lead to the question, if heaven is real why Christians are afraiding of death? Simply because we don't know the kind of faith we have.
It happened to Stephen, The Three Hebrew Men, Daniel, most of the Apostle e.t.c.

But we Christian today have mind in material possession of this world which has polluted out Faith.

My prayer is God in His infinite mercy continue to guide our step right and strengthen our faith more.

I agree with you!
Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
The only thing that will stop me believing in Satan is if jesus comes and bleeps me in the ass. Until them my belief in Satan is unshakeable. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

I do not pray to them..
Y would they help me..

Can he make my future bright does he have an holy book....
That guide me on the right path..

Jesus is the way...
Came to rescue me from sin..
Teaches thingz i know not..
Making my future bright..
Guiding me on the narrow path of Salvation..
Where the Word of God is A Light onto my path..

There is none like him..
Don't let me start crying cos he's too good..

Gay!

1 Like

Re: What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

We cannot question him..

I wanted to call you a goat but I didn't want to insult goats.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Archbishop Jozef Wesolowski Stored Over 100,000 Child Porn Videos / Just Saw This On Youtube..startled!! / What's The Difference Between Living By Faith And Living By Sight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.