Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) (1450 Views)

Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. / Massive Fire At Kenya's International Airport / Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) by Afam4eva(m): 12:31am On Nov 02, 2013
So, they caught him. That was soo fast. Does the government of America need a ministration from heaven before they do something about the second amendment that gives citizens the right to carry guns. Are the events in recent past not enough to control the use of guns?
Re: Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 02, 2013
Afam4eva: So, they caught him. That was soo fast. Does the government of America need a ministration from heaven before they do something about the second amendment that gives citizens the right to carry guns. Are the events in recent past not enough to control the use of guns?
Most opinion polls show that Americans are in favor of some restrictions to be put in place before anyone can buy a gun. Background checks ie checking if a potential gun owner has a mental illness or has been convicted of a crime, have all been opposed by the powerful gun lobby here- The National Rifle Association (NRA).
I hope this latest incident would be the one the straw that breaks the camel's back.
Re: Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 02, 2013
ogugua88: He breached? Or he shot at TSA and then got through?

Today's fatality is the first TSA fatality since the administration was created.
According to CNN, he stot multiple TSA officers, then he moved from the check point to the airside. In fact, he was a few yards away from the boarding areas before a policeman shot him.
Re: Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) by Afam4eva(m): 12:55am On Nov 02, 2013
CFCfan:
Most opinion polls show that Americans are in favor of some restrictions to be put in place before anyone can buy a gun. Background checks ie checking if a potential gun owner has a mental illness or has been convicted of a crime, have all been opposed by the powerful gun lobby here- The National Rifle Association (NRA).
I hope this latest incident would be the one the straw that breaks the camel's back.
If Sandy Hook shooting couldn't do it then i doubt this would.
Re: Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
If Sandy Hook shooting couldn't do it then i doubt this would.

Yeah, I guess there weren't enough casualties this time.
This incident may alter how airports are secured around the world.
Re: Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 02, 2013
Afam4eva: If Sandy Hook shooting couldn't do it then i doubt this would.

Exactly. It's not gonna happen. Don't be surprised if the NRA convenes in LA in the next few days sef.
Re: Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 02, 2013
ogugua88:

Exactly. It's not gonna happen. Don't be surprised if the NRA convenes in LA in the next few days sef.
The 2nd Amendment is their lifeblood.

BTW, a document containing anti-government rants was found with the gunman. His sister quickly took down her Facebook page, and the Feds would be paying a visit to the shooter's family home in New Jersey.
Re: Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) by yommyuk: 8:22am On Nov 02, 2013
THE KILLER

Re: Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) by MrMac10(m): 9:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
These Pigz will never learn anything Despite several shootings After My fellow Naija folks will praise every cracker they see as a demi god God bless Nigeria Pigz stop killing each other

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos of President Obama at his first and Last State of the Union address / Palestinian Who Use To Hate Trump Are Getting Roasted With Bombs Under Biden / VID: Newly Elected UK Prime Minister Performing Rituals At The Entrance Of OFFIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.