Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,851 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

The Hypocrisy Of APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of APC (1194 Views)

Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy / Live: Pictures Of APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Kaduna / The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy Of APC by Ikengawo: 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ask yourself this. Why has the ACN, a party of 'progressives' been so completely and totally open to any and every breed of person joining their party regardless of their political and ideological convictions and history?

APC is now desperately aiming to woo 'New PDP' to join them. If indeed APC right to exist and mission is based on it's own self described ethical and performance based superiority then APC becomes a lie the minute they allow an influx of 'tainted' and ethically 'inferior' PDP members to join them.

By even allying with any PDP governor or member, APC is essentially saying that they are no different than PDP in ethics or performance. The rot of this hypocrisy was seen in the merger with CPC and ANPP.

Here we have Yerima. Founding advocate for Sharia law, primary advocate for child marriage in Nigeria, and only known senator to marry a 15 year old child. Now in APC as a progressive. This is just one example. I don't see how a person can defend with passion, or stand in moral allegiance to any of the parties in Nigeria because they seem to share the same moral and ethical decay that can only attract maggots and fungus. I see Nigeria's politics as a football game between two teams, but in the end of the day both teams are made up of athletes, and athletes are more like each other than the people in the stands cheering and howling.

APC to me is the most morally questionable pack of athletes because it's in the middle of a football game telling people that they're playing rugby. The party's core is a lie in base and ferment. I at least respect PDP marginally more because they don't spread based on a lie, they are very up front about who they are and what they do.

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
Tell us MORE about the SINCERITY OF THE PDP.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Olugbenger(m): 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
Op you just stated the obvious facts depicting your stream of biasness.
You should understand political power isn't created with mere thoughts or by proposing good intents.
You need allies, however the good or bad ones. Even if APC fields the best candidates and present the best manifesto, that doesn't gurantee victory at the polls in this country.
So do we have to wait till the chosen one is named?
Your statements are just too flawed in political reasoning.
If every Nigeria has the impression you potray with the inconsistencies of the opposition, then we truly deserve the kind of leaders we get especially in this generation.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Xfactoria: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
smartchoice: Tell us MORE about the SINCERITY OF THE PDP.

Leave PDP alone! We all know their woes. What the OP is pointing out is that people should not be so desperate to the extent of settling for just anything in the name of kicking out PDP. Our desperation for democracy landed us PDP in 1999 and we are stuck with it till date. At that time, we could have demanded political associations based on ideology and value propositions to the Nigerian people. We just wanted anything but the military and hence PDP. We should open our eyes and demand the real thing now. The current PDP woes present the best opportunity for change but the APC as constituted cannot provide that change because they are not different. Just check their make-up:

- Achike Udenwa (8yrs as PDP Governor of Imo, now a "progressive"wink
- Tom Ikimi (One of the anti June 12 figures who has suddenly turned "progressive"wink
- El-Rufai and Femi Fani-Kayode(Both of them are ranting because they lost patronage after OBJ left office. They are now "progressives"wink
- Rochas Okorocha (Formerly of PDP, lost at several attempts at the Presidency, sacked for fraud by the OBJ regime. Now a "progressive"wink
- Adamu Aliero (Former Governor of Kebbi under ANPP, cross carpeted to PDP, worked for Yar'Adua's government. Didn't get patronage from GEJ and now back to CPC cum APC as a "Progressive"wink
- George Akume (8yrs as PDP Governor of Benue. Lost out in the power game for control of PDP machinery in his state after he left office. Now in APC to fight back as a "progressive"wink
- Governor Ibikunle Amosu (4yrs as PDP Senator of Ogun Central Senatorial District. Defected to ANPP to contest 2007 guber. Attempted to match the then incumbent governor in thuggery but eventually lost. Defected again to APC to contest the guber in 2011 and won. Now a "progressive" governor)

...the list is endless bro!

From what we have seen of APC so far, they are just desperate to get power. They do not have any unique change proposition. They are a bunch of angry and disgruntled losers. Nigerians should demand more than APC!!!!

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Ikengawo: 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
Olugbenger: Op you just stated the obvious facts depicting your stream of biasness.
You should understand political power isn't created with mere thoughts or by proposing good intents.
You need allies, however the good or bad ones. Even if APC fields the best candidates and present the best manifesto, that doesn't gurantee victory at the polls in this country.
So do we have to wait till the chosen one is named?
Your statements are just too flawed in political reasoning.
If every Nigeria has the impression you potray with the inconsistencies of the opposition, then we truly deserve the kind of leaders we get especially in this generation.

So then why lie? Why not say your ideology is Politcal Power instead of Progressivism. They're not the same thing, and one is often sacrificed for the other. If APC wants to win and compete that's fine and that's what they're expected to do. Playing the numbers game is politics, it's power.

Yet they're the only party in Nigeria trying to sell themselves as if they're not doing this. With every recruit they package the person as a 'progressive' blindly and push them into the meat market for the public to digest as so. PDP, LP, not even ANPP or CPC did this, but the ACN culture of doing this has bled over like ink on the merged parties and now they're 'progressive'.

There's an element of honesty in Nigeria politics that doesn't exist in American politics believe it or not. Americans have to come out and preach about an ideology to be taken seriously. When in power the ideology is scrapped and they do what works, ideologically sound or not. Obama has expanded Bush's military campaigns, though the democrats preach to be against Bush's militarism. Obama's healthcare plan is a copy of a republicans healthcare plan. So on and so forth.

Nigerian politicians don't play into this deception. We as Nigerians understand that though Fashola and Yerima are in the same party, they're are two different people with two different ways of governing.

What ACN has done is kill the advantage of honesty we had. Now, Yerima is being sold as Fashola. Ribadu, who called Tinubu the most corrupt man in Nigeria while he was in PDP, is now an ACN stalwart and they are now all ideologically sync.

APC is the PDP trashcan. People that left PDP for one reason or another, typically selfish and power based with root in some type of conflict with PDP power holders, make up the bulk of APC.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Ikengawo: 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
Desperation, as was said above, lead us into accepting PDP and Obasanjo blindly and got us into this mess to begin with. We lied to ourselves and told ourselves that the IBB, Danjuma, and Obasanjo were going to liberate us from military rule. Today there's a party trying to sell us the idea that El Rufai, Okorocha, Ribadu, Udenwa, and Atiku are going to liberate us from PDP. In years to come we'll be praying that Tinubu, Buhari, and Fashola will save us from APC and Clifford Orji will save us from cannibalism
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
Useless thread!!! APC APC APC. We want APC and 2015 APC will rule Nigeria God's willing

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by russellino: 11:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ikengawo:

Desperation, as was said above, lead us into accepting PDP and Obasanjo blindly and got us into this mess to begin with. We lied to ourselves and told ourselves that the IBB, Danjuma, and Obasanjo were going to liberate us from military rule. Today there's a party trying to sell us the idea that El Rufai, Okorocha, Ribadu, Udenwa, and Atiku are going to liberate us from PDP. In years to come we'll be praying that Tinubu, Buhari, and Fashola will save us from APC and Clifford Orji will save us from cannibalism

Flawless!
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Jeel: 11:36pm On Nov 01, 2013
Moreover they won't get anywhere
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by mistudreh(m): 11:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
X-factoria:

Leave PDP alone! We all know their woes. What the OP is pointing out is that people should not be so desperate to the extent of settling for just anything in the name of kicking out PDP. Our desperation for democracy landed us PDP in 1999 and we are stuck with it till date. At that time, we could have demanded political associations based on ideology and value propositions to the Nigerian people. We just wanted anything but the military and hence PDP. We should open our eyes and demand the real thing now. The current PDP woes present the best opportunity for change but the APC as constituted cannot provide that change because they are not different. Just check their make-up:

- Achike Udenwa (8yrs as PDP Governor of Imo, now a "progressive"wink
- Tom Ikimi (One of the anti June 12 figures who has suddenly turned "progressive"wink
- El-Rufai and Femi Fani-Kayode(Both of them are ranting because they lost patronage after OBJ left office. They are now "progressives"wink
- Rochas Okorocha (Formerly of PDP, lost at several attempts at the Presidency, sacked for fraud by the OBJ regime. Now a "progressive"wink
- Adamu Aliero (Former Governor of Kebbi under ANPP, cross carpeted to PDP, worked for Yar'Adua's government. Didn't get patronage from GEJ and now back to CPC cum APC as a "Progressive"wink
- George Akume (8yrs as PDP Governor of Benue. Lost out in the power game for control of PDP machinery in his state after he left office. Now in APC to fight back as a "progressive"wink
- Governor Ibikunle Amosu (4yrs as PDP Senator of Ogun Central Senatorial District. Defected to ANPP to contest 2007 guber. Attempted to match the then incumbent governor in thuggery but eventually lost. Defected again to APC to contest the guber in 2011 and won. Now a "progressive" governor)

...the list is endless bro!

From what we have seen of APC so far, they are just desperate to get power. They do not have any unique change proposition. They are a bunch of angry and disgruntled losers. Nigerians should demand more than APC!!!!
Would like to know about their performance in office now that they are progressives... amosun and okorocha precisely.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by fiizznation: 12:16am On Nov 02, 2013
@op... u can keep on pasting ur endless epistles about APC in this fora.. that wont change nigerians ( i mean real nigerians ) from kicking jonathwart out of office come 2015 angry@
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Profidada: 12:31am On Nov 02, 2013
I pity any one who thinks that apc is different from pdp. I served in the south west and i know what am talking. I think it is time we stopped this politics of propagander. Deceit and lies it is not helping this country.

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by ozolity(m): 12:31am On Nov 02, 2013
Usbeel: Useless thread!!! APC APC APC. We want APC and 2015 APC will rule Nigeria God's willing
keep dreaming. Nigerians are now wiser

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Olugbenger(m): 11:15am On Nov 02, 2013
mistudreh:
Would like to know about their performance in office now that they are progressives... amosun and okorocha precisely.
Op, try spinning this one too

grin angry grin grin grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Olugbenger(m): 11:21am On Nov 02, 2013
Profidada: I pity any one who thinks that apc is different from pdp. I served in the south west and i know what am talking. I think it is time we stopped this politics of propagander. Deceit and lies it is not helping this country.
You are very ignorant and silly in every disposition. APC may not be entirely flawless but it's still the best shot we can get for any positive change.
We all know there exist better individuals with Nigerians collective interests at hearts but how far can these folks get in striving for leadership positions?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by emmatok(m): 11:30am On Nov 02, 2013
Ikengawo:

You are only supporting PDP because GEJ is in power.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Firefire(m): 11:30am On Nov 02, 2013
APC are made up of looters
ACN has never done any primary election for any office… all is by nomination by Tinubu.
And you are crying you are democrat. Progressive? Democrat? Where? How? In what ways?
The Guardian Newspaper of Thursday 31st October Pg. 6, a PDP control state publish for records all project on road construction:
NAME OF PROJECT; DATE OF AWARD; NAME OF CONTRACTOR; AMOUNT & % OF COMPLETION.
Can any ACN controlled state be so open to state this fact? Not even Fashola with all the bloated cost where a 1 Km is constructed for Billions and all CAN/APC state are awarding project to Generalissimo Tinubu.
APC APC APC hmmmmmmm we know your type.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by greatgod2012(f): 11:31am On Nov 02, 2013
APC and PDP are the same, I don't believe in any of them, they are only different by name, their agenda and party representatives are wired the same way, which is CORRUPTION.

Both PDP and APC=CORRUPTION.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Ngokafor(f): 12:31pm On Nov 02, 2013
As far as i am concerned,there's no difference between PDP and APC...as a matter of fact the hypocrisy being exhibited by apc makes them worse in my book...so pretentious and fake..

..always ready to cry foul yet are equally as corrupt and incompetent as pdp..
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2013
greatgod2012: APC and PDP are the same, I don't believe in any of them, they are only different by name, their agenda and party representatives are wired the same way, which is CORRUPTION.

Both PDP and APC=CORRUPTION.
WHAT is your proposition, we stop voting?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by 1025: 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2013
what this confused pdp paid labourer here does not know that pdp is the ruling party and every decision will be added to their achievements/failures.
it is now on record that one of the greatest achievements of this govt is the child marriage. our first lady who is busy chasing amaechi up and down failed in her role as a mother in the protection of her children.
everything about pdp is negative.
why is pdp always pointing accusing fingers instead of accepting responsibilities.
cabal was responsible in the fuel subsidy scam. buhari was responsible for boko haram and the stories continues.
if this poster is genuine and normal, why didn't he point to the fact that the most notorious criminals in the history of nigeria are pdp chieftains.
oh, i forgot that bode george, obasanjo, atiku, alams, tony annineh and bamanga tukur are all apc members.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by cjrane: 1:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
ozolity: keep dreaming. Nigerians are now wiser

[size=15pt][b]
APC is dead on arrival in Igboland. grin grin grin grin

Consider for a moment that the same people now "advising" Igbos that APC is their Messiah, both their northern army generals and well known tribal and religious bigots in their rank and file, the Mallam Nasir El rufai of this world, etc have been the most rabid anti-Igbo individuals in the history of Nigeria. Indeed, some former Awo's followers of Action Group and UPN as Bisi Akande etc are today in APC!

The same people that have opposed any good thing coming to Igboland,frustrated any federal project or road slated for Igboland to become abandoned, skewed the number of states in Nigeria against Igbos,conduct bogus census to deliberately under count Igboland population in order to deny them resources due them, Use border demarcation to carve out any oil fields away from Igboland, even if the villagers speak Igbo and want to remain with their kith and kin in the same state.

The very same people that would rather have Mrs. Stella Oduah hang on thumped up charges for making Enugu airport international.The same people that have cheered when Igbos are killed in other parts of Nigeria, the very same people that would shout "Igbos go to your village" and actually physically grab Igbos from their streets and deport them in the dead of the night.

They are the same people now clamoring for "good things" to come to Igboland through their "Judas" Ngige and their Islamic APC. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Do you need a soothsayer to tell you they are up to their wicked plans again?[/b][/size]
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by larrysmith(m): 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
Op u can write watever u like, but for the fact that we have PDP at the national frm 1999 till date and things are still like, I will want a change and see what APC hv in stock the good thing abt it is, they can't d worse, compare the state dey andle tilll date, it speak volumes and for any PDP to join them, he has to follow the trend n do what I rite if not 100percent bt 70percent is ok for me. The koko is we want a change for once, I won't say one is better than the other, if by what dey do in dere state, APC I far berra, go check d state dey control despite d neglect n little allocation given to then and the population, my guy check ogun state nau, edo, osun, ekit, oyo has neva had it dis good and not to talk to lagos home of everybody.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Ikengawo: 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
If i got to Borno will i see this same progress?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by mikolo80: 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
PDP 14yrs nothing to show for it except GSM. APC 6YRS SOME ROADS,BRT,WORKING NOT HYPOTHETICAL IPP,MALLS.NOT MUCH BUT WAY AHEAD OF PDP. PERTAINING TO CLAIMING TO BE PROGRESSIVES. HOW MANY WOMEN DO YOU KNOW WOULD AGREE RIGHT AWAY IF YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO phucK EM so dont hate the player just the game
Re: The Hypocrisy Of APC by Sibrah: 9:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
It is called "checkmating the opponent", in politics you go head to head against your opponent and not like sprint race where competing teams run side by side without colliding. Mr. OP needs to stop the hypocrisy he is engaging in when he decides to start seeing performing ex-PdP politicians as no longer performing because their absense weakens PDP.

(1) (Reply)

Who Created The Most Oduah Thread. / Election Result: Ngige,Ubah, Obiano n INEC Quarrel On Channels National TV-video / WHO Using Vaccines To Depopulate Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.