Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

They Divorce After 27 Years Of Marriage - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / They Divorce After 27 Years Of Marriage (1197 Views)

27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth / Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples / Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

They Divorce After 27 Years Of Marriage by kojeiwa(m): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2008
My Friend Parents divorced after 27 years of marriage, how can that be possible? They have 5 Children

and financially successful. His Dad got a young girl pregnant and his Mom will not take that and she asked for a divorce.

Is that a good enough reason for his mom to ask for a divorce after 27 years of marriage. Both in their 50's.

What's your opinion on that?
Re: They Divorce After 27 Years Of Marriage by SeanT21(f): 10:30pm On Jul 10, 2008
Trust me when i say when parents Divorce is not always a bad thing. I been through 1 with my mother. She is more happier then when she was with my step dad.

You will adjust to it pretty soon and be happy.

Sometimes "Divore" is the best solution.

will u rather your parents Stay together and argue all the time or Divorce and Be Happy?
Re: They Divorce After 27 Years Of Marriage by drrionelli(m): 11:55pm On Jul 10, 2008
I feel sadness for your friend's parents. cry Divorce is never an easy thing to do.

However, let us consider the reality of the situation. Your friend's mother has been grievously hurt. She feels humiliated. And, justifiably so. She clearly feels that the trust on which her marriage was based has been violated (which it has) and she feels that she cannot re-establish that trust.

Your friend's father is clearly unhappy being married to his wife, given that he was so cavalier as to carelessly sleep around on her (and having unprotected sex outside the marriage shows his wanton disregard for her well-being).

There are worse things than divorce. One example would be being in a loveless, trustless marriage.

Let's wish them well as they start their lives anew.

(Incidentally, I, personally know of a man who divorced his wife of 50 years. Both are happier, now. And, isn't that really all that matters?)

(1) (Reply)

Can A Nigerian Man Go This Far? / Jesus Christ Is Black (negro) / Ooni Of Ife Played Host To Ezeani III Of Mmaku (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.